• ...
51
 1,533
 5,536

PreviousChapters Next
Reverse

The train came to a slow halt at the station, and the doors opened. Twilight stood up and began to walk away, as the few guards coming with her did the same.

A few seats behind her, Wick Clip waited for the pegasus beside her to stand and then pushed past him as she rushed behind the princess, but then stumbled and slowed down as she got closer. Taking a deep breath to steady herself, she forced herself to walk at a normal pace and got out of the train. Twilight wasn't hard to spot again afterwards, but she didn't approach her. She kept herself at a distance for the time, walking away from the platform but not too far.

Twilight looked around the place, then took out a map, had a look at it, and began to head towards the centre of town, with her gaurds following along. They were spread out, a couple ahead of her and a couple behind, not particularly close.

Wick Clip looked at Twilight as she left, then she too began to walk in that direction. The alicorn was, thankfully for her, receiving quite a bit of attention, so following her didn't make the mare look too suspicious. She just had to pretend she was going in that direction anyway, and her keeping her eyes on Twilight would just be brushed off as the normal curiosity any other citizen also showed.

Twilight took a right turn down a different street. Wick had figured she was probably heading towards the town hall, and was trying to find a suitable excuse to also be there. Maybe she'd slip into one of the nearby shops and keep an eye on her from there. Maybe she would be lucky and there would be some stalls outside. Either way she likely wouldn't be able to follow Twilight all the way in.

Another thought occurred to her, and she stowed it away for later consideration. It was a good idea though. In the meantime she focused again on Twilight, who was just walking through town and looking around. She waved back once at a pony who'd waved at her, but nothing else noteworthy. Wick checked to make sure she did have some bits on her so she could actually buy something.

The guards looked a bit more alert to the general situation than Twilight was. Although, Wick reasoned, it made sense for them to be. They were probably in far more danger than she was. On that point, it was interesting to see Twilight there with a set of guards. As far as she'd heard, even though she'd heard admittedly very little, the alicorn usually preferred to not be accompanied in such a manner. It was mostly a rumour that had spread around, though, and maybe things had changed.

The town hall was in sight at the end of the road. Twilight didn't accelerate, and Wick made sure to keep her pace and distance consistent and to look as natural as possible. She was just following the princess out of curiosity, after all.

PreviousChapters Next