• ...
51
 1,533
 5,536

PreviousChapters Next
56676767 | Nome

Sunburst stepped closer. "What is it?"

Twilight swallowed. "If the Behemoth was gone, or if we did get rid of it in some way, all coils would be gone alongside it. That means she'll be gone too."

Sunburst paused mid step, looking at Twilight but with his eyes focused on a spot behind her. "I understand," he finally said, setting his hoof down. "I don't really have a choice in the matter though, do I?"

"I wouldn't let you have one if you wanted to," said Twilight. "I'm telling you so you can be prepared."

Sunburst took a deep breath. "I suppose I knew it already, deep down. It just made sense. Thank you for telling me about it, though."

"I had to." Twilight looked ahead again. She seemed hesitant, unsure of whether she wanted to add something else or not.

Sunburst noticed it. "I hope you'll have gotten better at hiding the fact that you're hiding something by the time the speech comes," he said, walking past her.

Twilight looked at him pass her and continue on, then shook her head and started walking after him towards the city.


Stellaria reappeared on the edge of Ponyville. With Twilight's magical trace lost, the easier thing to do was just wait for her at her destination instead. And in the meantime she could probably get some valuable information still from the ponies there in town.

"Kind of predictable, honestly."

The alicorn turned, but found no one there where she'd heard the voice.

Instead, it came once more from behind her. "I do wonder if she'll figure out the easy way to get over the Wall. Oh well, I have stuff to do."

Once again Stella turned and found nothing. She grit her teeth slightly and began to breathe a little faster, but otherwise tried to remain collected as she began to head into the town.

Predictably, the place was in a bit of a messy state. Ponies and the occasional other creature were running back and forth in the streets, all with varying degrees of worry in their looks. No building seemed particularly close to collapsing, unlike the previous time, but a few did show evident signs of damage that would need to be addressed. She could have made them fall right then just for her own amusement, but she wasn't there for that.

A predominantly blue blur of motion that she identified as Rainbow Dash streaked past her and towards the local hospital. On the other side of the street, Sweetie Belle slowly made her way along the sidewalk, holding herself up with a hoof against the wall. She appeared to be heading for the castle.

Starlight trotted past her, looking around, and disappeared behind a corner and down an alleyway. Lyra seemed to just be wandering around town, a bit of an odd look on her face. A few moments later Rainbow darted out of the hospital and towards the school.

Stella pondered what to do for a moment. Then her horn lit up and she teleported next to the castle.

PreviousChapters Next