• ...
51
 1,533
 5,533

PreviousChapters Next
Slow

"What the heck was that?" Indigo asked, stumbling around the room to reach the light switch. "Was it an earthquake?"

"It didn't feel like an earthquake," Lemon replied. She sat in the middle of the room, lit by the television screen behind her. "Did something fall in here?"

"I don't think anything did." Indigo finally turned the lights on, and looked around the room. "It doesn't look like anything did." She stood silent and motionless for a moment, like she was expecting something more to happen. "Do you think a bomb went off?"

Lemon bit her lower lip in thought, getting back up on her feet. "Maybe? It might have. Should I check the news?" she asked, reaching for the remote.

"Don't bother with that." Indigo had gotten hold of her phone, and was scrolling through her social media feeds. "Lots of people who felt that. No one seems to have any ideas what it was."

Lemon grabbed her own phone and began to type. "I'll ask the girls if they're okay." She used her free hand to turn off the television, and moved to sit on her bed.

Indigo had sat down on a chair. "I'd really like to know if we're supposed to leave the building right now or something like that. Why can't this sort of thing ever happen at a decent hour? Why does it always have to wake me up?"

"Honestly it's your fault for going to bed instead of staying up with me," Lemon replied with a playful pout. "Everyone I'm hearing from seems to be fine by the way, but they all felt it too."

"Like you weren't dozing off as well when it happened." Indigo stared blankly at the opposite wall. "It can't have been a bomb of they felt it too. Unless it went off somewhere equally distant from all of us, and it was a stupidly strong one."

"But if it was an earthquake they'd be talking about it right now," replied Lemon, who'd begun her own internet browsing. "And yet we've got nothing."

Indigo swallowed. "You don't think it was..." She eyed the awkwardly empty centre of the living room portion of their shared home with worry.

Lemon stared at it as well. "You know what? I'm texting Twilight about this. Better safe than sorry. I won't tell her about the portal here, but..."

"Yeah." Indigo nodded. "That's probably the right choice."

PreviousChapters Next