• ...
51
 1,533
 5,533

PreviousChapters Next
In the Dead of Dawn

The Everfree had grown restless in the months after the Behemoth's arrival. One could not walk inside it without hearing a commotion all around themself. There was a nervousness to the creatures and to the forest itself, something that could be felt thrumming up your legs from the ground beneath. Like a subtle vibration, a restless unease.

The forest was used to change. It itself was the product of change, a continuously shifting maze that evolved with time, carefully balanced just enough for its inhabitants to make sense of the pattern behind the evolving landscape, though still rather stable in its outer reaches.

But things wouldn't be the same. Change from inside was what the Everfree Forest thrived on, change from outside threatened to forever shatter the delicate balance of chaos that regulated it. Every creature knew that the forest would never be the same.

It wasn't an easy decision for Zecora, but seventeen weeks after the Behemoth came to Canterlot, she abandoned her house and moved to Ponyville, carrying as much as she could with her. No one was ever able to find her old house again.

PreviousChapters Next