• ...
51
 1,533
 5,535

PreviousChapters Next
What Day Is It?

"Don't you ever worry we're wrong? You know, about everything. Everything you choose to stand for, everything you agree with, every decision you made and make. Don't you ever worry you had it all wrong?"

It didn't take long for the answer to come out. "All the time. All the damn time." Applejack pulled her jacket tighter around her pyjamas. "Wasn't expecting you to ask that though."

Lemon shrugged. "I get philosophical and pretentious when I stay up long enough without being drunk." She pulled something out of her pocket, and pushed her hand towards the other girl. "Do you smoke?"

Applejack eyed the open pack of cigarettes the girl was offering her. "Nah, I don't," she said, pulling out one and slipping it into her mouth. "Didn't take you for one who did."

"I don't either," replied Lemon, pulling a second one out with her mouth to let it sit there. "Neither do any of the people I know. How else do you think I'd manage to go around with a full pack of the priciest brand?" She waved said pack around before sliding it back inside her pocket.

"I wouldn't know it's the priciest," said Applejack.

"Most expensive one they had in the shop." Lemon took the cigarette in her hand for a moment. "Had it for a few months at this point. You're good at talking with one in your mouth."

"Practise," simply said Applejack.

Lemon lifted an eyebrow. "The whole wheat in your mouth business? Sounds... almost offensively stereotypical. Just, you know, you're real so it clearly isn't."

"Trust me, Lemon," Applejack replied while her unlit cigarette bobbed up and down, "I'm the last person you need to make aware of that."

PreviousChapters Next