• ...
51
 1,533
 5,535

PreviousChapters Next
Honey

"Honey?"

Twilight's clone looked at the little open jar the stallion was holding out for her, then shook her head. She watched him close it and put it back on top of a shelf, the teaspoon still held in his mouth after he'd taken some for himself. "Don't you feel bad about stealing your friend's food behind her back?" she asked, turning back towards the window.

The stallion took the teaspoon out of his mouth and slipped it in a pocket of his jacket. "Scarlet hates honey," he said.

Twilight's clone looked back to him, then at the shelf. "Why does she keep it, then?"

"Because those coming for a visit might like it." The stallion sat down at the alicorn's side. "If you don't like milk, you can't really keep milk around in case someone comes to visit. It'll go bad sooner or later. Most things do. But honey doesn't, so she can just keep a jar around." He looked at the jar in question. "That one? That one's been there for four years or so. I always get a spoon when I pass by, and I'm not the only one, but it still takes a while to empty the thing. And Scarlet just needs to leave it there, and change it if it ever runs out." He looked back to the alicorn. "It's easy, and it does others a favour. Why shouldn't she keep it?"

Twilight's clone wriggled her lips for a moment, but didn't comment further on the stallion's explanation. "Seems weird of her not to like honey."

"Well, you don't like it either, no?"

"I didn't say that." Twilight's clone paused for a breath. "I'm just not in the mood for honey right now."

The stallion shrugged. "If you ever are, remember there's a jar here waiting for you. Just make sure you don't steal more than a spoon or two, Scarlet might notice otherwise." Twilight's clone turned towards him, and he smiled. "I never said I had her permission to steal it. But it's not like I'm stealing from her." He thought about it for a moment. "It's a gift from my future self. I have his permission to take the honey that was supposed to be his."

"But you'll still have honey when you come here," Twilight's clone noted. "Sure, it'll run out faster, but at least some of what you're eating now would have gone to someone other than your future self. You're not the only one who visits."

"Then I will make sure to inform my future self that he made a grave miscalculation in gifting me this honey, and that others suffered because of his lack of restraint in his own actions after he'd already shared his portion with me."

Twilight's clone rolled her eyes. "With how you keep this bit up, I'd almost believe you believe in it."

The stallion shrugged, and smiled again. "Who knows. Future me might really be a different pony. I used to be different before they started calling me mad, after all. Who's to say I won't change again?"

PreviousChapters Next