• ...
51
 1,533
 5,536

PreviousChapters Next
Mo

"You know, I've been thinking."

"How unusual of you."

"Oh shut up. Anyway. What if there is no point? What if we're all going to be forgotten eventually? What's the reason to go on if it all ends in the end?"

Silence followed.

"Oh, I get it. Yeah, you can talk now."

"It wasn't that." Indigo swallowed. "I just didn't expect you of all people to raise some existential questions. And I don't think I'm the right person to answer them, I'm sure brighter minds have tried already."

Lemon rolled onto her belly and turned towards her. "Yeah, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to find your own answer. Not like you to live your life the way someone else tells you to."

"Maybe you have a point. But right now I have more immediate questions to focus on." Indigo studied one of her wings as she brought it between her eyes and the stars in the sky above her. "For example, should we tell someone about the magical horse portal that opened up in the middle of our room?"

"Would they let us keep it? Because the answer is the same, and I'm pretty sure it's no." Lemon looked at one of her hooves.

"You've got a point." Indigo let her wing fall back. She was, in truth, a little worried about the prospect of something coming out of the portal and into the room. But she'd worry about it after she'd had a chance to test out her wings.

PreviousChapters Next