• ...
51
 1,533
 5,535

PreviousChapters Next
Burn

Vignette eyed over the email. It looked professional enough, as far as an email could look professional. She'd double checked, and she was certain it was all legit too. The place was booked, the tickets were sold out. But something about the whole thing still rubbed her the wrong way.

There was no footage of the band online. Oh, she'd heard about her fair share of bands dedicated to making sure that none of their material was available anywhere, but even that had a limit. Something always slipped through the cracks and ended up online, in some dark shady corner of a less known website. She knew where to look for that. And yet, she'd found nothing still.

A part of her suspected it was all a farce. Hype built around the mystery of what the performance would be like, with an underwhelming payoff once she actually got there. On the other hand, it wasn't the first concert the band had put up. If it really was all marketing and no substance, people would have been talking about it.

So maybe there was something there. And even if there wasn't, she would just be wasting an evening, so it wasn't a big deal. Maybe she could get something out of it either way. If it truly was nothing worth seeing, she could just expose the whole thing on social media. No way they would manage to shut her up, and besides they were the ones inviting her there in the first place. They clearly wanted her to talk about it afterwards, and they'd get it!

She tried a smile. The argument made sense to her. But she still wasn't convinced. She lay back in her couch, thinking about it. There was something off about the whole thing, something she wasn't comfortable with, but she still wasn't sure what it was. She thought the whole thing over once again. Maybe she should ask for something more. If they really wanted her they would send something, and if they didn't get back to her she just wouldn't go.

Much to her surprise, the answer to her request came only minutes after. Even more surprising, it contained what looked like a performance from the group. Curious, she fetched her earphones and slid them in, then clicked play on the video.

Four minutes later, Vignette had decided she would go to the concert, and she wondered why she'd ever thought she might not go.

PreviousChapters Next