• ...
51
 1,533
 5,535

PreviousChapters Next
Paid In Full

Starlight sat on her chair, looking at the ground. To her left, Sunburst similarly sat on a chair, in just the same position. Between them, on a third chair, Starshine Flicker sat upright, smiling, one wing embracing each unicorn.

"I could go for some ice-cream right now," Starlight said after a few more minutes of silence. Then she looked up, and noticed there on the desk an ice-cream cone waiting for her. She blinked. "Sunburst?"

"Yes?" the unicorn replied, not taking his eyes off the floor.

"Did you teleport ice-cream inside?"

"I did not."

Starlight stayed silent a few breaths longer. "Then why is there ice-cream on the desk?"

Sunburst lifted his eyes and noticed the ice-cream cone on the desk, and the little metal stand with a hoop keeping it up. "I have absolutely no idea."

"You better get to it, Starlight. It will melt otherwise," Starshine said.

Starlight took the cone in her telekinesis, brought it to her lips, and gave a careful, experimental lick to the ice-cream. It was mint-flavoured, and it tasted good. She then turned to the pegasus. "Starshine, did you make the ice-cream appear?"

"No." Starshine shook her head.

Starlight went back to looking ahead and down, studying the floor, only now she was licking her ice-cream. A few minutes went by, and she finally finished the cone. She was smiling by the end of it. "You want this?" she asked to Sunburst, turning towards him and holding out the bottom part of the cone.

Sunburst looked at it, then back to the ground. "No, but thank you." As Starlight finished the bottom of the cone, he stuck out his hoof in some vague direction to his left, grasping at air. There he latched on to a mug, and pulled it back. It was black, and filled with chocolate. "Starshine? Did you make this mug appear?" he asked, turning towards the pegasus.

"I didn't," Starshine replied.

Sunburst looked back at the mug of chocolate, shrugged, then began to drink it. It was good. By the end of it, he was smiling too. He licked the top of his lips clean after he was done, and set the mug down beside his chair. "What the actual fuck is going on right now?"

"I have no idea," Starlight answered, just as cheerfully as the question had been asked.

"Do you two want to have sex again?" Starshine asked.

"Nah." Starlight got up. "Not now, at least. But I do want to figure out what's going on here."

"Oh, maybe I can help with that!" Starshine got up as well.

Sunburst followed just a moment later. "So where do we start?" he asked, lifting a few of the papers that had fallen onto the floor in his magic and placing them back on the clean corners of the desk. "We should probably..." He trailed off as he suddenly felt a pressure against his leg, and looked down to see a mop there, and a bucket of water. Picking the first up, he began to clean the desk where it was still wet. "We definitely do need to figure out what's causing this. But at least it's convenient."

PreviousChapters Next