• ...
51
 1,533
 5,536

PreviousChapters Next
Connect the Dots

The alicorn was more than ready to finally get rid of the stallion. She'd have forcefully flung him into town with her magic if it hadn't been for her desire to remain unnoticed, and she was planning to do it anyway if he annoyed her particularly. But she needed to focus. The first houses were in sight, and she couldn't afford all her work to come undone because of one mistake. She couldn't afford to be seen there, there would be too many questions, and sooner or later the original Twilight would find out. No one had to see her.

"Oh, I see you've changed," the stallion suddenly said, turning back towards her. "I can still recognise you though. Same wires as before inside you."

She paid no attention to him or his nonsense. There were more important things to focus her attention on, for example the pony at the edge of town. The one who was coming right towards them. In a blink, Twilight's clone jumped behind a bush. If everything went right, the pony would just notice the stallion and take him back to the city.

"Scarlet!" the stallion shouted, noticing the approaching pony. He began to trot towards the mare, leaving Twilight's clone behind.

The other pony ran towards him. "You're here! I was worried about you! Where have you been?"

"I got lost," the stallion replied. "Did you know there's a swamp someplace around here? I did find some puzzles along the way. I had fun. I had some soup earlier. You like soup, don't you? We should have soup together sometime."

Scarlet drew back a little, a conflicted expression on her face as she eyed over the stallion and his clothes. "You shouldn't run off on your own like that. You could have hurt yourself, or worse! You should stay in town from now on, please."

"But I wasn't on my own." The stallion pulled on a blade of glass in front of him. Twilight's clone felt her heart drop as the bush in front of her lowered itself into the ground and the stallion pointed a hoof towards her. "She helped me get back here after I got lost near the swamp," he continued.

The alicorn's very first impulse was to blow both ponies' brains put. Thankfully that only lasted a moment. She knew it would only make things much worse. Cursing herself and the other Twilight for not having learnt appropriate memory manipulation spells yet, she decided her best option was to play along and hope. Carefully she stepped forward and began to approach the other two.

"Oh, thank you!" The mare rushed towards her. "I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't found him." In a lower tone, once she was near, she leaned forward and added, "He's not all right in the head. I'm sorry you had to deal with him. We're trying to figure out what to do with him." Straightening and speaking normally again, Scarlet continued, "What was a unicorn like you doing out there near the swamp, anyway?"

Twilight's clone was about to respond, but something of what the other had said made her pause. That, and something she saw. Standing in front of the mare, she was just close enough to see her reflection inside Scarlet's eyes.

And that reflection did not show Twilight's body.

PreviousChapters Next