• ...
51
 1,533
 5,536

PreviousChapters Next
Magic changes everything, from the fabric of the cosmos to the tiniest living organism. The latter can be just as problematic as the former.

"I've never seen anything like this. I've never read of anything like this. Considering what I've heard from everyone, there's a decent chance this did not exist at all a couple of months ago." The nurse's eyes moved from Twilight to the pony lying on the bed in front of them, then back to the alicorn.

Twilight swallowed. "Will she be alright?" she asked.

"I don't know. If things stay like this? Yes, absolutely. It's not worse than a seasonal fever right now. But will they stay like this? I have no idea, and it would be inadvisable to make a guess in either direction. I would suggest moving her somewhere else, where she can properly be monitored. Even if it turns out to be something innocuous, studying it would be helpful for the future."

Twilight nodded. "I understand. Very well. I will have a room set up in the castle, and have her moved there. I will call doctors from Canterlot, they'll certainly want to study this." She turned towards the nurse. "I'd like you to meet them once they arrive. I understand I can't ask you to leave your job here unattended, but I would still like to have you come visit her whenever possible."

"Of course, Princess." The mare nodded.

Twilight once more looked at the pony on the bed. She was asleep, seemingly peacefully so. An outside observer might have thought nothing was wrong with her. Of course, they wouldn't have noticed that her coat and mane were the wrong colours, respectively blue and red rather than yellow and pink.

"Is there anything else, Princess?" asked the nurse.

Twilight shook her head. "No. Feel free to go, I'll just sit here a little longer."

The nurse gave a small bow, then walked out of the room.

PreviousChapters Next