• Published 20th Apr 2020
  • 2,299 Views, 7 Comments

Yosh's 'Ail-icorn Thermometer' Post Short Story - Yosh-E-O



See what happens after Zecora's cure regresses Twilight into a foal.

  • ...
4
 7
 2,299

Crazy Baby Magic

Author's Note:

Still trying to make the 'tags' and 'characters' selections work using my screen reading software. Posting isn't easy with advanced sites, like this one, if you have zero eyesight. However I do hope you find this a comical, action-packed extension to the 'Ail-Icorn Thermometer' short posted over a year ago. :)

Please note that, if you leave a comment, I cannot directly respond to it. So you can either send me a message, or look for the reply as a brand new comment in the comments section. (This is another element of the site I've yet to master with a screen reader)

Spike stood with disbelief as his ‘big sister’ and best friend had been magically regressed to a one year old foal.

“WAAH!” Twilight wailed. It was hard to tell if it was because she had truly become a foal, or if she was just ‘Twilighting’ and her young body could only grant her screaming sobs instead of a series of ongoing worries about her situation.

“Oopsie,” Pinkie giggled nervously. “This may not have been such a good idea.”

“You think?” Rainbow Dash replied sarcastically.

Spike cradled the wailing Twilight in his arms.
“Twilight?” he asked. “Do you understand what I’m saying? Can you calm down so we can work on fixing this, uh, side effect?”

WAAAH@
BUCK-PUH!

“Ouch!” the purple dragon moaned as he took a hind hoof to the chin. “I guess not.”

“We should probably go see Zecora to see if we can do something about this side effect,” stated Fluttershy.

Applejack was having flashbacks of how Apple Bloom sounded while she was teething.
“I’m in on that!” she proclaimed. “There’s no way Twilight can serve as Head Mare of the school Of friendship like this!”

ZWOOSH!

Rainbow Dash bolted out of the Castle Of Friendship towards The Everfree Forest.

Ooh!” cheered Pinkie as she started to bounce in place. “A race to zecora’s sounds fun!”

KA-KER-PUH-CLICK-PISH

Pinkie had ‘transformed’ herself into a ‘Superman-like’ rocket…

WHOOSH!

…and flew out of the castle with only a trail of confetti left in her flight path.

Rarity was starting to feel like she was babysitting her baby sister, Sweetie Belle, during a time her parents had gone out for some time to themselves.
“It’s ‘Shrieky Belle’ all over again!” she whined. “Some pony do something!”

Applejack approached Rarity.
“How’s about we go to the store and pick up some things for a fussy foal?” she suggested.

“Let’s!” agreed Rarity as she felt her eardrums were about to explode.

“You and Spike got this, Fluttershy?” inquired Applejack.

Fluttershy appeared anxious.
“Well, I-” she started to reply.

GALLOP-GALLOP-GALLOP
“You’re a dear!” stated Rarity as she and AJ made their way out of the castle before the timid, yellow Pegasus could respond.

“Oh, dear,” she said.

***

Spike had no time to pay attention to what Twilight’s friends were doing. He barely even noticed how they all gradually made their way out of the castle.
“Come on, Twilight,” he soothingly said while starting to rock from side-to-side. “You need to relax!”

WAAH!
SHING

Twilight’s horn lit up as her tiny, Alicorn wings started to flap in rhythm with her flailing hooves.

The green-bellied dragon felt like time had stopped as all air in the room seemed to have been sucked out of him.
“No, Twilight!” he pleaded. “No-no-no-no!”

PASHEW!

***

Fluttershy had only just faced towards Spike to accept her fate when a blast of magic from Twilight’s horn struck her.

SKOOSH
POOF!

“Oh, my…,” the pink haired Pegasus said as she felt her body begin to be covered in flowery vines as her hooves ‘took root’ in the castle floor. A pair of antler-like branches sprouted from her head that was soon followed by a bird’s nest complete with a chirping robin.

Spike felt a lump in his throat as he was now alone to take on whatever the fussy filly may do next with her ‘crazy baby magic’.
“Come on, twilight,” he pleaded as he realized any action he took could cause the regressed princess to act just like Flurry Heart had while they were in The Crystal Empire for The Crystaling. “Sunburst! If I could just get a letter to Sunburst!”

SHING

Twilight’s horn went alight once more as her tiny wings worked to free herself from Spike’s hold.

The young dragon cringed as he prepared himself for whatever was to come next.

***

Starlight and Trixie were making their way to The Castle of Friendship as Twilight’s friends all ran, or flew, away from the castle.

“What’s up with them?” asked Trixie in a snarky tone.

Starlight paused until her instincts kicked in.
“something must be wrong!” she panicked while touching hooves with Trixie.

SPA-POOF
SPA-POOF

“Is anyone here?” called starlight upon arriving in the main hall.

Trixie felt sick as she fell to the floor.
“I wish you wouldn’t do that,” she moaned. “Some of us aren’t used to being teleported away without warning.”

WAAAH!

“I’m coming!” called Starlight as she ran towards the source of the loud wailing.

“Never mind, Trixie,” the blue-coated illusionist spat. “Trixie will just stay here and try not to throw up all over herself.”

***

Spike saw Starlight dashing directly towards where he was struggling to hold foal Twilight.
“Look out!” he cried as he knew Twi was about to send out another burst of magic.

-i]PASHOO!

SHING
SHWOO-ZWEE
POOF

Spike’s warning came just in time for Starlight to create a magical shield that deflected the oncoming spell.

WAAAH!

“Spike!” panicked the periwinkle-colored Unicorn. “What’s going on!”

“Starlight!” he struggled to say as Baby Twilight’s unending kicks, screams, and fluttering had made nearly all his muscles ache for relief. “I don’t know how much longer I can keep Twi under control like this!”

Starlight took a quick glimpse over to see Fluttershy quivering in her half-pony, half-plant form. She was ‘grounding’ herself through carrying on a conversation with the robin that was nested above her head.

SHING

Twilight’s horn grew a very strong, purple aura as she appeared to be putting all her might into breaking free of Spike’s cuddling embrace.

“Think-think-think,” Starlight sputtered as she had, at most, a second to respond.

SHWOO
PUMPF!

Spike was knocked back as Starlight put every last bit of her emotionally-fueled, magical power into the series of spells. The first was one to freeze the Alicorn foal in place. The second was to keep her from falling to the ground through levitation. The third was the age spell she had developed for when she tried to get Sunburst to be as she remembered him. The final spell was the memory recalling spell that Twilight taught her if there ever came a time where any creature had forgotten who they were.

“Yee-aaargh!” the Unicorn grunted as the final blend of magic erupted from her horn.

***

A moment passed as Starlight opened her eyes and Spike picked himself up.

“Did it work?” Starlight panted.

“Uhh…,” stated Spike as he saw the end result of Starlight’s efforts. “I think so…?”

Fluttershy, Starlight, and Spike all looked towards the Twilight they all knew and loved. However she was all curled up on the floor while making a muffled, suckling sound amidst speaking a series of babbled words.

PWUP!

“Oh!” gasped Fluttershy as she was immediately returned to normal. “Thank goodness.”

Twilight sat herself up and looked towards Fluttershy.
“Butter bye,” she gurgled as drool escaped from her mouth. “You ‘kay?”

Starlight felt ready for a scolding as this was certainly not the outcome she had desired.
“Can you hear me, Twilight?” she asked nervously.

“Yush,,” she slurped. “Toe I thank we skill weed Zakawa.”

Twilight’s eyes went wide as she felt how some other parts of her body were not functioning properly.
“No-no-no!” she cried. “Gawd ta go… Can no hold it…”

Everyone knew what was about to happen. Fortunately, Starlight was on top of this by quickly conjuring up a diaper around Twilight’s waste before her physically regressed muscles caused her to wet herself.

SPLOP

Everyone was blushing as Twilight took in what had just happened. The only sound was a glob of drool that escaped her gaping maw.

“I’ll go see how things are coming in getting help from zecora,” blushed Fluttershy as she timidly made her way out of the castle.

Starlight and Spike exchanged a series of non-verbal gestures before ending with nodding in agreement.

“Can you walk, Twilight?” the young assistant asked.

The Princess Of Friendship tried to stand on her hind legs. However the muscles just wouldn’t comply.

Spike, wanting to spare twilight the embarrassment, took hold of one of her front hooves as he helped the purple Alicorn crawl away from the scene.Starlight, upon Twilight making it to a more private space, went to work at fetching a bucket and a mop and an illustrated book about birds.
“Whoops!” she laughed while returning the book she summoned from the library. “Guess I was thinking like a mom for a moment.”

***

When Starlight finished with the mop, she stopped to look at how she’d done. The room was clean, no accident to be seen, and, thanks to a little song Twilight taught her about cleaning, the work was fun.

FWOOSH!

‘Rocket Pinkie’ and Rainbow Dash arrived nearly a minute after the periwinkle Unicorn finished her clean up efforts.

“Okay!” announced Dash. “Zecora said that was a rare side effect but would wear off in about a day, or two.”

Pinkie giggled as she returned to her normal form.
“So she gave us this inhibitor ring to stop the crazy baby magic!” she cheered. “Then we can give Baby Twili lots-and-lots of TLC until she regains her memories and can age herself back to normal!”

Pinkie then randomly appeared all around the room before stopping by Starlight.
“Where is she?” she wondered. “And why does it smell like someone tried to cover something up with bleach?”

Fluttershy returned with Applejack and Rarity.

“How’s it goin’, Spike?” AJ asked before noticing Starlight with no Spike and Twilight in sight.

“I found the most adorable onesies and dresses a foal princess just shouldn’t be without, ,” Rarity stated while levitating the items towards Pinkie. “Though, after caring for Sweetie Belle, I must insist on not sullying my hooves with feeding, burping, or, bleh, changing her.”

“Celestia forbid you ever become a mother,” teased Applejack. “Oh, no! My precious mane is ruined by spit up and my hooves smell like foal food.”

Rarity glared at AJ for a moment before, like everyone else, realizing Spike and Twilight were gone.

“Umm,” Fluttershy nervously gulped. “Spike remembered they still had diapers from when Flurry Heart was here. So, uh, he is giving her a soothing lavender bath to calm her down?”

The yellow Pegasus looked to starlight for help.

“He is!” she shouted in reply. “Thanks every pony for all your help.”

SNATCH

Pinkie was at a loss as the inhibitor ring was levitated over to an even more confused Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy, since you have experience as a babysitter, why don’t you go see if Spike needs any help?”

“But what about-” Pinkie started to argue as she was enveloped in a sound reducing bubble.

“-I really need you all to join me in the library for a minute,” Starlight insisted while letting the bubble fade away as quickly as it had formed. “It would seem I’ll be needing some help with the School Of friendship while Twilight recovers.”

Pinkie appeared suspicious of Starlight. However she thought better of questioning the pony who had gave her a pounding headache over just trying to bake a cake.
“Okay!” she squealed while bouncing towards the castle library. “Maybe I’ll go bake a cake to celebrate Twilight’s once upon a one year old day for a day?”

***

As Fluttershy and Spike cared for twilight and Starlight made ‘small talk’ with Dash, AJ, Rarity, and Pinkie, The Great And Powerful Trixie woke up to find herself perched on the hanging roots of The Golden Oaks Library hanging memorial.
“What happened?” she asked groggily before seeing how far of a drop it was from the hanging remains of the library to the floor below. “Starlight? Starlight? Some pony help Trixie down from here!"

Comments ( 7 )

“WAAH!” Twilight wailed. It was hard to tell if it was because she had truly become a foal, or if she was just ‘Twilighting’ and her young body could only grant her screaming sobs instead of a series of ongoing worries about her situation.

Spike felt a lump in his throat as he was now alone to take on whatever the fussy filly may do next with her ‘crazy baby magic’.

Ha! He said -or, rather, thought- it!

Pinkie giggled as she returned to her normal form. “So she gave us this inhibitor ring to stop the crazy baby magic!”

Ha! She actually said it!

To understate a bit, that was different:twilightoops:

So much cuteness!

Will there be a second chapter?

I'd like to thank everyone for their time in reading over this little story.

Oh, how I enjoyed quoting Pinkie Pie from those wonderful times during 'The Crystaling'. She may have been able to add in 'Super Strong Flyer' but Spike was desperate to not allow what he heard had happened with Flurry Heart to happen with Twilight.

There 'could' be another chapter. It would largely beStarlight trying to downplay the situation and considering her 'manipulation spells' from "Every Little Thing she does" to save Twilight her dignity. Trixie, after being the victim of the 'blocked spell' Baby Twi fired would be eventually found by Starlight and rescued. However, again, Starlight would have to 'trust her gut' by sending Trixie away.

Yeah... I can see a bonus chapter being possible without being too boring. Starlight is one of my favorite ponies and her 'shoot from the hip' method with magical use always makes for amazing wins, or epic follies. :)

Login or register to comment