• Published 20th Apr 2020
  • 3,624 Views, 196 Comments

Ranger's Destiny (Undergoing Edited) - TasteDaRainbow



Rangers find themselves in a world full of colorful talking ponies and an adventure awaits them. A war is taking place on Equestria. How can they survive through all of this? And the most important thing is, will they ever get back home? God help us.

  • ...
21
 196
 3,624

The Crucible - Part 2

"Zano, you have any idea where the civvies are?" Forbes quietly asked.

"I think they're on the third floor," Zano replied as he leaning against the wall, "That's the information that we got from the interrogation before. Right, John?" Johnson nodded.

"All right rangers," Forbes said, looking back at the rangers, "Don't do anything stupid. We'll knock out all of the hostiles without our guns. Just knifes and hands, since we don't have any silencer. We push on the first floor then to the basement, after turning off the power, we proceed our way upstairs and onto the hostages. Do I make myself clear?"

"Hooah," all of them replied.

"Good, let's move up."

"Wait..." One of the rangers holding their movements, "If we turned off the fucking lights, how can we able to see the enemies?"

Now that's an interesting question. None of them had an answer. Forbes too didn't think about that. Of course this would be easy if they have night vision goggles. Now, what should they do? Forbes looked at the ground, groaning as he does. He didn't have any plan B, this was the only plan.

"Goddammit, I didn't think about that," he muttered under his breath, but loud enough for the rangers to hear it. All of them stay quiet for a moment to figure out a plan. It's gonna be difficult to make a stealth move on daylight. Until one of the rangers desperately said.

"You know what, let's just do this shit."

"What?" Johnson asked, "What the hell are you thinking?"

"He's right," one of the rangers replied, "If we're gonna save the civilians, we better save them now. With or without the lights."

"I hate to say this but..." Zano said, "I'm in."

The rangers looked at each other. Slowly, one by one they nodded their heads. Until it's only Forbes and Johnson.

"Dammit," Johnson said as he looked at the rangers, "You better be right about this."

The rangers then looked at Forbes, who is looking straight to the ground. He narrowed his eyes and gritted his teeth. He then look back to the rangers, all of them have serious, yet confident expression. Forbes nod to them.

"All right, let's do this... together."

"Hooah," they replied in unison. The rangers, with total number of sixteen soldiers, moving slowly towards the hospital. They all move as quiet as possible, not to attract any enemies that are watching at the windows. They move from their blind spot and proceed their way into the hospital. They arrived at a steel door and they quickly move to their position. Two of the rangers crouched a few meters away from the front door and aimed their guns forward.

"Breaching, breaching." One of the rangers said. Johnson quickly move to the front door and kicked it with full force.

"Move up!" The rangers then quickly move in to the building. They arrived at a large hallway. Forbes peeked out from cover to see the hallway. To their left, it's only a dead end with a window on it. To their right, they saw several hostiles coming their way. Forbes leaned against a wall and crouched with the others.

"All right," he said quietly, "I count three-foot-mobiles converging on our position. When they got close enough, we'll surprise 'em and slit their throats. Got it?" The rangers nodded vigorously and waited for the enemies to come. At the right time, they manage to kill all of the enemies and proceed moving forward to the second floor. They saw a door with the words 'emergency exit' on top of it. Forbes nodded and they went to the stairs, while four of the rangers guarding the first floor. As Forbes opened the door to the second floor, the enemies are way too many for them to handle. He quickly closed the door and turned to the rangers.

"These guys are too many," he said as he looked upstairs, "I suggest we keep moving to where the civilians being hostaged. We can deal with them later."

"All right boys, you heard him," Zano said, "Let's go." All of them quickly move to the third floor. Just as Forbes was about to open the door, he remembered something. He quickly snatch his walkie and contact Air Burst.

"Air Burst, this is Forbes, have you got any location of the civilians, over."

"Uhh, I don't know," replied the commander, "I'll go and scout the third floor to help you out."

"What?" Forbes nearly shouted, "What the hell do you think you're doing, Commander?"

"You forgot I got wings? I can sneak and peek through the windows easily without getting caught."

Forbes remained silent for a moment before he spoke up, "All right, but be careful out there."

"Aye aye, Sarge." With that, the rangers waited patiently for an answer from the pegasus commander. About two minutes of waiting, the walkie suddenly turned on.

"This is Air Burst, I have a visual on the civilians. Damn, these guys are cruel. They're on some kind of a hall. I count nine hostiles inside. Two stallions are guarding each of the door while three of them are at the far end of the hall."

"I assume three doors?" Forbes asked.

"Yeah, where are you though?"

"We're in the emergency exit."

"Right, I saw it earlier. Just go straight 'till the end and then make your way to the right. The hall should be on your right by then."

"Copy. Thanks for the assist, Air Burst."

"You got it." Forbes put back his walkie and looked back at his friends.

"All right boys, this is it. It's now or never."

"Hooah," one of the rangers replied. Forbes quietly opened the door and peeked his head outside. There, he saw two stallions were sitting against the wall. He then focusing his sight on his ACOG. Their eyes closed, so he assumed they must be sleeping. He closed the door again and turned back to other rangers.

"I count two hostiles in the hallway," he quietly said, "I assume they must be sleeping 'cause their eyes are closed."

"Just stay frosty," replied Zano, "We don't know if that's a trap or not."

"All right," Forbes took a deep breath and let out a big sigh, "I'll go first, see if they're sleeping or not."

"You're going alone are you nuts?" Johnson said.

"It's the best option right now. We can't just suddenly barged in like drunken people like that. I'll signal you when it's clear."

Johnson and Zano looked at each other before looking back towards the sergeant, both of them then nod. Forbes smiled and slowly opened the door. He moved to the two stallions as quiet as possible. As he move closer, he pull out his knife; that is already covered in blood from the previous fights, and gripped it tightly. When he was close enough to stab the ponies, his eyes widened. Their body filled with cuts and bruises and were covered in blood. One of them slowly opened his eyes and looked limply at the sergeant.

"Help... us..." He said, dying. Blood slowly coming out from his mouth.

Forbes was completely out of his mind right now. He didn't know what to do, whether this was a trap or they really needed help. He looked to his surroundings and find nobody in particular. He crouched next to the stallions and place a hand on his shoulder.

"You're gonna be fine," he said. Then, he looked back at the door and signal the rangers to come. They quickly did as they said and rushed to the sergeant.

"Whoa," one of them spoke up, "What the hell?"

"Sarge, what happened to them?" Zano asked.

"I have no idea," he lift his head to face Zano, "Get 'em out of here."

"What?" Johnson said, "But they are-"

"That's an order, dammit! We ain't gonna let them die! Now come on, get them downstairs and tell Air Burst to take care of them." Two of the rangers quickly placed the stallions on their shoulders and rushed towards the stairs. Thats means there are only ten rangers left. When they were out of sight, Forbes stood up and looked at the others. "Come on, let's get 'em outta here." They quickly move on and turned right. There, they saw three doors on their right.

"This must be it," one of the rangers said.

"Hell yeah," Johnson replied, "Got any charges to breach the doors?" The rangers looked at each other. Then, they shook their heads. "Dammit," he muttered.

"We're back!" They looked to the hallway and saw the two rangers were back after securing the wounded 'hostiles'. One of them was carrying a backpack.

"Hey," Forbes said as he snapped his fingers to the ranger, "You got any charges?" The ranger who was carrying the backpack smiled evilly at him.

"Hooah," he replied. Forbes returned the evil smile and he quickly order the ranger to pull out the charges. Once they get what they need, all of them stacks up at the three doors and plants the breaching charge. Four rangers for each door. The two leaned against the wall while the other two crouched in front of the door, aiming their weapons forward.

"Do it," Forbes said, signalling the rangers. They pull the trigger simultaneously and the breaches explodes. Time seemed to slow down when the rangers burst in. All of them quickly eliminate all of the hostiles inside the room.

"Clear!" Zano exclaimed when the enemies were all lying on the ground. Just as Forbes was about to give the report to Air Burst, they all heard hoofsteps coming from the hallway.

"I think we set the alarm," Johnson said, "Get to hallway, now!" The rangers immediately get out of the room and run to the hallway. When they turn left, they saw all of their enemies charging towards them.

"This should be easy," said one of the rangers as he place his gun on his hip.

"Fire at will!" Forbes shouted. The rangers immediately open fire at the charging army. Soon, all of them fell to the ground, not moving a single muscle. Forbes pull out his mag and grabs the fresh one onto his weapon. Cocking it while looking back at the rangers. "Mission complete, Bravo Zulu." After assuring the civilians that they all friendly, the rangers escort the civilians out of the hospital. When they were out of the building, the rangers immediately greeted by loud cheering from the guards and the civilians.

"Guess this is it," Zano said, smiling as he does.

"Yeah, I think we did it," Forbes too began to smile, "We save these folks."

"Score three for the military intelligence," Johnson proudly said. The rangers laughed together and proceed their way to the guards. The guards happily greeted them.

"Air Burst," Forbes said, getting the commander's attention, "I want you and the guards escort the civvies back to Ponyville, we'll take it from here." He stopped for a moment before asking him, "How's our guests?"

"They're fine," the pegasus replied, "We'll asked them what happened when they are fully recover."

"Thanks, now go and take those civilians with you back to the Princesses."

Air Burst nod and quickly inform other guards. Forbes then grab his walkie, "Iron Horse, this is Two-One Actual, you're allowed to go. Send those guys back home."

"Solid copy Two-One Actual, we're going back home." (Iron Horse)

"Stay safe," Forbes then contact the sun goddess, "Princess Celestia, can you hear me?" It took a moment for the Princess to reply.

"Yes? What's the situation Staff Sergeant? Before that, I'm sorry for your loss."

"No need Your Majesty," Forbes chuckled, "The civilians are on their way back to Ponyville with the guards escorting them in the train. Me and my squad will make our way to Baltimare and help Daniel there."

"Affirmative, Staff Sergeant. Thank you so much for saving my little ponies. We'll be right here when you're back." Forbes then put back his walkie and walked over to the rangers.

"All right boys, this isn't over yet," he said with crossed arms, "I believe our friends in Baltimare need our help. We'll go there in ten minutes. Check your equipment." The rangers nodded and proceed to do their own things.

Forbes then walked back to his humvee and leaned against its trunk. He closed his eyes and let out a blissful sigh. But the moment was interrupted by a sound that's calling him.

"Umm... excuse me?" Forbes opened his eyes and saw a yellow little filly standing in front of him while looking at him in awe. Forbes smiled and crouched to her eye level.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for saving us," she said sheepishly.

Forbes chuckled, "No problem kid, it was my pleasure."

"But..." She was hesitate at first, but shook her head and looked at him, "What are you?"

Forbes smiled warmly at her and placed his palm to her mane, "Let's just say, I'm one of the Royal Guards."

"Starry!" Forbes heard a female voice. He assumed that she was her mother.

The filly then turned, crying to her mother, "I'll be right there mom!" She turned around to see Forbes and thank him one last time before leaving. Forbes chuckled, but he then heard his walkie shrieks.

"Forbes! This is Daniel! We need immediate back up right now! Warhammer and Tirpitz are busted! We're being cornered! Sombra is engaging us with full force! I say again, we need reinforcements! HURRY! WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME!! SHIT!!" A loud explosion could be heard before the walkie turned off. Forbes jumped slightly at the sudden burst but quickly gathered his mind. He ran to the group of rangers and screamed.

"Hey! We gotta go now!!" He said while running to them.

"Now?" Johnson asked, "But we were just-"

"No time, dammit!" He shouted, "Daniel and his men need us right away!" Then, the Blackhawk arrived just in time.

"Dagger Two-One here, awaiting orders."

"Come on!" Forbes said as he running to his humvee, "We're leaving!" The rangers immediately grab their supplies and quickly jumped into the helicopters. While Zano and Johnson get inside the humvee.

"We're Oscar Mike!" Forbes shouted again.

______________________________________________


"Affirmative, Staff Sergeant. Thank you so much for saving my little ponies. We'll be right here when you're back," Celestia said as she lowered the walkie to the table. The Princesses and the Elements were all sitting around the crystal table in Twilight's castle. Twilight and her friends were cheering when they heard the good news.

"I'm so happy that they did it!" Twilight exclaimed, clapping her hooves together.

"Ah know they can do it," Applejack said.

"These guys are awesome!" Rainbow said as she did a little back flip in the air.

"I wonder how's Daniel doing," Sunset chimed in.

"I'm sure he'll be fine, darling," Rarity said, "After all, he did promise to come back for his suit."

"He promised to all of us," Fluttershy said as she giggled at the fashionista. Flurry then clapped her hooves together while in Cadance's grasp.

"Daniel," she said over and over. The ponies looked at her and let out a 'dawwww' as they saw how cute she was.

"He left for couple of hours ago and she missed him already?" Starlight asked as she giggled.

Cadance smiled and hug the filly, "To be honest, I missed him too." The room suddenly filled with heavy silence. All of the ponies lowered their heads, even the Princesses themselves.

"Well," Pinkie started, "We all missed him."

"Yeah," Rainbow replied. Twilight nod in sadness.

"When he will return?" Rarity asked. Celestia let out a sigh.

"I do not know my little ponies, we can only hope for the best for him."

"He won't mind if we contact him now, right?" Luna asked to her sister. The ponies seem to be brightened up a bit after hearing those words.

Cadance smiled at the Princess of the Night, "I'm sure he won't," she then looked to Celestia, "We can speak to him if you want."

Celestia smiled back at her and then she looked back to her ponies. They all had a hopeful look plastered on their faces. Celestia chuckles and levitate the walkie to her sister. Luna's eyes widened and she looked to her sister while tilting her head.

"You want me to-"

"Yes," the white alicorn nodded, "Besides, you don't often talk to him."

Luna smiled widely and quickly snatch the walkie from her sister's magic. "Staff Sergeant Daniel, can you hear me?" They waited patiently but the walkie didn't not making any noise. "Daniel, this is Prin- This is Luna speaking, how's the situation in Baltimare?" Again, there was no response from the young sergeant. All of them began to worry about what might happen to him. "Daniel, can you hear me?" Luna asked again, her face began to worried. "Daniel? Dann, can you read me?"

The walkie then turned on and there's a loud explosion could be heard from it before Daniel shrieks. "I hear you Princess!" Another explosion heard throughout the room.

"Dann? What happened?!" Luna asked frantically.

"We're with the resistance right now! We didn't expect this to be an ambush! They send a goddamn reinforcements and now we're already losing dozens of guards and five of our rangers! Two of our tanks have been knocked out! We need- SHIT!" The ponies flinched at the expletive. "Suppressing fire! Left flank! Left flank! Shining, get your squad to hold that flank with Jerry!" There was a pause for a moment before he shrieked again. "I already requested back up from Forbes! We're being goddamn cornered! Sombra is engaging us with full force! Chase! Right flank! TIMBERWOLVES!!" The walkie then didn't produce a sound anymore.

"Hello?!" Luna asked, she was beginning to worry, "Hello?! Daniel, you there?!"

"Timberwolves?" Twilight asked, scared of what might happen.

Celestia frowned and looked to Twilight and her friends. All of them share the same expression; shock, fear, and worry plastered in each and every one of them. Especially for Applejack. She then quickly stood up from her seat.

"We have ta inform Air Burst 'bout this," she said with a serious tone, "Come on! We must quick!" The ponies nodded vigorously and they rushed out of the castle to the train station.

Please, just hold on a minute, Daniel. She thought while running with the others.

Author's Note:

On going chapter: The Crucible - Part 3