• Published 20th Apr 2020
  • 3,625 Views, 196 Comments

Ranger's Destiny (Undergoing Edited) - TasteDaRainbow



Rangers find themselves in a world full of colorful talking ponies and an adventure awaits them. A war is taking place on Equestria. How can they survive through all of this? And the most important thing is, will they ever get back home? God help us.

  • ...
21
 196
 3,625

Off to War

"Applejack?" I noticed that me and Applejack are still enjoying each others embrace and never let go.

"Yeah?" She asked and nuzzles more into my neck.

I chuckle and rub her back gently, "I better get going, Forbes must be waiting for me." She looks a bit sad but hopped off of me anyway. I get up and clear the dirt that is on my shirt. I looked down at her and smile. "Stay here and get some rest," I said as I pat her head.

She doesn't look to happy at this, "What? Yer not lettin' me come with ya?"

"It's not that Applejack," I chuckle, "You need some rest, it's been a long day for all of us. Besides, I won't going anywhere. I'll come here again tomorrow morning. It's just a meeting though."

She just looked at me with a concern look on her face. I assure her with a warm smile and luckily, she nods. "Alright sugarcube, ya promise for tomorrow mornin'?"

"I promise."

"Well then, Ah'll see ya tomorrow sugar!" With that, she trotted off and head to her home. I put my hands inside the pockets and begin to walk the opposite direction.

"Sugar," I thought out loud and chuckle a bit.

Twilight's castle

Daniel slowly open the main door and walk into the throne room. Once he got there, he saw Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Shining, and Forbes sitting around the table. "Hey guys, what's going on?" He said as he grabbed their attention.

"Ah Daniel," Celestia greets him with a warm smile, "You feeling better?"

Daniel shrugged and take a seat, "Nine times out of ten."

"It's good to see you healthy Sergeant," Luna said with a smile.

"Whoa whoa wait," Forbes looks at Daniel, "You're a sergeant?"

Daniel smiles at him, "Pretty much."

"What happened to Finn?"

Daniel's smile turn upside down in an instant. He lowers his head and then looked back at Forbes, "He... he didn't make it."

"What do you mean?!"

"He got killed when we were saving civilians back on Appleloosa," Daniel sighed, "He wanted me to take the lead for the rest of the rangers." Forbes just blink at that. He didn't believe it. Finn is dead? He was the strongest sergeant he ever met in his life.

"How did he die?" Forbes asked curiously.

Daniel was hesitant at first but decided to talk about it anyway. "Well, he was saving a mare that was crawling underneath a cart. Then, an enemy just burst through a door and shot him with his magic. Yeah... it's probably like that."

Daniel sighed heavily and he still looked at the floor. Forbes could tell that he's in hurt right now, so he decided not to question any further. He looked to the Princesses who are wearing a concern look towards Daniel. He decide to change the subject real quick.

"So, what's the plan now Your Highness?" Forbes asked.

"For what I see right now," replied Celestia, "We must regain control of towns that is nearby our territory."

"Such as?" Daniel asked raising his eyebrows.

Then, the table began to emerge the whole map of Equestria. Which made Forbes shocked at first.

"What the-"

"Calm down Sarge," Daniel chuckles, "It's magic."

"Should've known that."

"Alright," Celestia begin her explanation, "Like I said earlier, we must take control the towns that is nearby Canterlot and Ponyville. And I was planning to retake Baltimare." She pointed the town with her hoof. Daniel furrowed his eyebrows.

"I don't think that's a good idea. Appleloosa and this city might be the first option," Daniel said as he pointed Appleloosa and the town next to it.

"Appleloosa and Dodge City?" Luna asked tilting her head.

Forbes nodded, "Yeah, those towns aren't big enough for the way I see it," he looked to Daniel, "You sure that's the best option?"

"Well, we have to retake it one by one right? Appleloosa is a small town, we can take it less in a minute."

"Don't get too cocky now kid," Forbes chuckles, "But you're right though, we have enough rangers to retake it," he looked to Celestia, "Also your guards will be helping us right?"

Celestia nodded, "Indeed, we must gain control most of the town before we proceed our movement to Crystal Empire and defeat Sombra."

"Sorry to interrupt Your Highness," Forbes bowed his head a little, "But I haven't know who is this... Sombra you mean."

"Ah yes," Celestia said, "I haven't explain it to you, excuse my past rudeness." She clears her throat, "Sombra is a former ruler of Crystal Empire."

"Crystal Empire?"

"Yes, Princess Cadance and Shining Armor are now the rulers. When Sombra rule the empire, he turned it into a dark land and enslaved the Crystal Ponies. Me and Princess Luna here defeated him with our magic, turning him to shadow and imprisoning him in the ice of the arctic north, but not before he placed a curse on the Crystal Empire that caused it to vanish for a thousand years. After it returns, the Crystal Ponies have no memory of their kingdom before King Sombra took over. King Sombra also returns and threatens to invade the empire again, so I sent Princess Cadance and Shining Armor to defend the empire, with the Elements of Harmony. Not long after that, they all succeed to destroy Sombra, along with his black crystals. But now, he manage to return with powerful force and army to conquer all of Equestria. He kills everyone that stands in his way."

"That explains everything," Forbes says checking his gun.

"So when we will go there?" Asked the young sergeant.

"Well," Celestia said putting a hoof under her chin, "I was planning to retake it before tomorrow, but I think it's up to you rangers."

Silence fills the room that moment. Everyone thinks for the best solution for when will they take the town. Until Daniel clears his throat getting everyone's attention.

"I suggest we start going now," he said with crossed arms.

"Are you out of your mind kid?" Forbes asked with slightly annoyed tone.

"Sure as hell."

"What makes you so sure?" Luna asked.

"From what I've been experiencing these days, they didn't have any strategy on offensive nor defensive. Remember when we did the assault on Vanhoover?" Celestia and Luna nod simultaneously. "When the reinforcements charging at us, I didn't see any special... movements they used to attack us. So maybe we can easily retake the town before the sun comes up."

Shining let out an 'hmm' sound, "Alright, if that's your plan, then it's ours too."

"And I want that we attack it at the same time," Daniel continued.

"By dividing our forces into two groups," Forbes added, "I didn't think about that, ut should work though. Nice move kid."

"Best tacticians ever," Cadance says with a sly smile. Daniel only chuckles at her response.

"Very well then," Celestia says getting their attention, "So Dann, how are we going to attack them?"

Daniel looked at the map and concentrate for a few minutes. Then, a grin slowly plastered on his face. He looked to Forbes who is looking at him with confusion.

"What?" Forbes asks raising his hands.

"I want to bring in the choppers," replied the young ranger. Forbes smiles at him.

"We attack directly on 'em?"

"Hooah."

Forbes shrugs and looked at the Princesses, "Well, it seems that we're going to have a face-to-face combat."

Shining's eyes widened at his statement, "Whoa whoa whoa, you mean we're going to attack with full force?"

"They had been attacked us with full force but luckily they failed their only chance," Daniel said, "I guess we can have a little revenge."

Shining chuckles at him, "You really are a crazy kid aren't you?"

The room share warm laugh together. As soon as the laughter died, they continue their discussion.

"The rangers gonna use the choppers to take 'em to the LZ," Daniel begins, "While the guards will take the train to get there."

"What's an LZ?" Cadance asked.

"Landing Zone," replied Forbes. The ponies make an 'ooo' sound before continue on their planning.

"The choppers will provide air support while the guards and us attack 'em with full force," Daniel says, "Just like at Vanhoover, we either A; slaughter all of them or B; we force them to surrender."

"This should be easy," Forbes chuckles.

"Forbes," Daniel getting his attention, "I want you to take Appleloosa with Chase and Jerry. Since they were already went there, I believe they can easily navigate the town for you. Check if there's any civilians there."

"Aight."

"I'll go with Zano and John, we might gonna take a little resistance in Dodge City, since I've never been there before," Daniel then looked at Shining, "Shining I want you to come with me, we'll need troops as many as possible."

"I got your back son," Shining replied and with a nod. "Wait, what about the rest of the rangers?"

"They'll be guarding this village." Daniel then glance at his watch, 17:59, he smirks. "Well, we got plenty of time. Let's get the show on the road."

With that, they all got outside and Forbes grab his walkie, "Carl, Matt ya there?"

"This is Carl, Matt is sitting next to me now, what's the matter Forbes?"

"I need you guys to get on the choppers, we're going to retake our territory."

"Affirmative Sarge."

"Zano, Johnson?" He asked again.

"Zano here."

"This is Johnson."

"I want you to meet me at Sugarcube Corner," Forbes says, "We have a town to take."

"Hooah." Both of them replied at the same time.

It's Daniel to grab his walkie, "Chase, Jerry, I want you guys to meet me in front of Pinkie's place, we're Oscar Mike." Without any answer, he put his walkie back.

"You think they heard you?" Forbes asked.

"I know them," replied Daniel.

Forbes put his walkie back and look at the others, "The choppers are right in front of Sugarcube Corner, they'll be ready when we get there. Shining, get all of the guards to be ready at the train station."

Shining nod and walk in other direction while the rest proceed the walk to their destination. Cadance meanwhile, nudge Daniel to slowly walk on their backs. Daniel nod and he slow down his pace. Once they all are in distance, Cadance speaks up.

"So? Did you and Applejack get along well?" She asks with a smirk.

Daniel could only giggle at her, "You know, it's not bad. I mean, she's nice, caring and a loving mare to be honest."

Cadance put a hoof on his shoulder, "You two will make a good couple."

"I hope so, but about other ponies? What will they do if me and Applejack had become an item?"

"I'll go talk with the rest of her friends. Besides, I doubt they will hate you. You saved us many times and you willing to give your own live to protect us Daniel. They love you, we love you Dann, don't you ever forget about that."

"You sure about that?" Daniel had a worried look on his face.

Cadance smile lovely at him, "Daniel, don't ever doubt about yourself, we all love you Dann. Please, don't ever think about that again okay?"

Daniel sigh but manage to put a warm smile, "Yeah, thanks Cadance."

"Anytime Daniel."

After a few minutes, they arrived at the Sugarcube Corner. The choppers already waiting for their arrival and they're ready to go.

"Carl!" Forbes shouted.

"Yes Sarge?" The man named Carl got out from the blackhawk and walk to him, "We're leaving now?"

Forbes nodded, "I want you to take Daniel here," he pointed at the young kid, "With Zano and Johnson to the Dodge City."

"And where is that sir?"

"I'll take you there," Celestia step forward.

Daniel glance at her, "Negative Princess, we'll just follow the train tracks," she smiles and nod.

"Very well Daniel."

"Aight," Carl replied, "I'll be waiting inside!" With that, he walk back to the chopper.

Zano, Johnson, Chase and Jerry arrived just in time. With Twilight and all of her friends, also the whole village was there.

"Where are we going?" Chase asked.

Daniel pointed at Forbes, "You and Jerry will come with Forbes here and retake Appleloosa, while me, Zano and Johnson are going to Dodge City," he looked to Zano, "We're going to have a little fight there."

Zano places his gun onto his shoulder, "Aight, lead the way kid."

"WE'RE OSCAR MIKE!!" Forbes shouted and the rangers immediately go to the choppers. Daniel was about to go but he saw Applejack standing there watching him with her friends. He look at the orange farm mare, he saw a look of fear, confusion, worried and concern same as her other friends.

"Give me a sec," Forbes nod and Daniel immediately walk to the mares.

"You leaving?" Twilight asked, sad tone could be heard in her voice.

Daniel just smile and rub her head, "Yeah, we're going to kick some ass and save civilians as much as we can. We can't afford Sombra to take any territory again. If we manage to retake all of the town, we'll make a massive move towards the Crystal Empire." Applejack nuzzles his left hand.

"Ya promise ta come back?" Daniel chuckles and kneel down to her eye level.

"I promise," he smiles and hug her. Applejack immediately wrap her hooves around his neck and let out a sigh. The whole group immediately join in a group hug.

"Daniel! We're gonna get going! Shining and his troops are already going to both of the town! Let's move!" Chase shouted from the little bird. Daniel break the hug and pat Applejack's head.

"Good luck bro!" Rainbow says holding a hoof to him. They hoofbump together and Daniel pat his helmet before get inside the blackhawk and readied the minigun.

"They sure love you kid," Zano teases the young ranger. Daniel chuckles at him. With that, the choppers go to different direction, leaving the waving ponies behind.

"He's very kind," Fluttershy speaks up when the choppers are far enough. Her friends nod at the same time.

"He is Fluttershy," Cadance step next to her, "He is."

Author's Note:

I am literally out of my mind right now!! Dang it I can't find anything to make this chapter... well, good at least. *Sigh*

On going chapter: Unexpected Assault