• Published 20th Apr 2020
  • 3,632 Views, 196 Comments

Ranger's Destiny (Undergoing Edited) - TasteDaRainbow



Rangers find themselves in a world full of colorful talking ponies and an adventure awaits them. A war is taking place on Equestria. How can they survive through all of this? And the most important thing is, will they ever get back home? God help us.

  • ...
21
 196
 3,632

All My Fault

Six years ago...

"Hey birthday boy!" My dad exclaimed from the door making me jumped from the bed and onto the floor.

"You should've knock first you know!" I chuckled and rushed to hug him.

"Whoah, easy there little fella. Have you done with your packing?"

"Of course I am! I can't wait to go to the Kuta Beach!" My dad couldn't help but laugh at my excitement.

"Mom's making us dinner downstairs. I'll be waiting you in the kitchen."

"Aight dad! I'll be there in a minute." He then walk out of the room and closed the door. I continued to double check my briefcase.

Let's see. I got the clothes that I need, tooth brush with a tooth paste, magazines just in case, cell phone on the nightstand; fully charged, iPod, and ear-buds on the nightstand too. Swimming trunks, a camera wouldn't help either. It looks like I got everything I needed. Good, I'm ready.

I rushed out of my room and ran downstairs, nearly tripped my own toes, and onto the kitchen. I walk in and saw my dad sat at the table and playing with his cell phone with my big brother while my mom still preparing for our dinner.

"Need some help mom?" I walked next to her. She turned and give me a loving smile.

"Could you bring me the plates sweetie?"

"Yes ma'am," I said soldier like. My dad chuckle at my response.

"You seem love for being a ranger don't ya kid?" He said with a smirk on his face.

"Heck yeah," I grabbed three plates and handed it to my mother, "I always dreamed to be a ranger some day."

"When the time's right Daniel, when the time's right."

"Dinner's ready!" My mom said with a sing-song on her voice. I sat down next to my dad and then we ate together. Silence filled in the air as we eat together, but my brother was the one who (always) broke the silence.

"So Dann," he started, "Is there any reason why you wanted to become a ranger?"

I put a hand under my chin, "I don't know, I think it looks cool to be a ranger. But... they said I could be anything, so I decide to become a badass." My brother laughed at my statement.

"Sweetheart, but you know that you're going to fight in the front lines right?" My mom asked with a concern look on her face. But I assure her by giving her a smile of my own.

"I know mom, but by serving a country... I think its worth it."

"You sure have a brave heart there kid," my dad chimed in while giving me a smirk. After a little more chatting, we washed the dishes, finishing our prayers and then head back to sleep. Tomorrow's gonna be the best holiday ever!

...


The alarm clock on my nightstand rang loud enough to wake up the entire neighborhood. I groaned and reached out my hand trying to grab the noisy thing. As I grabbed it, I immediately slammed it onto the wall. Just then I realised why that alarm rang in the middle of the goddamn night. I instantly wake up and hopped off from the bed and rushed to the shower.

After ten minutes of shower, I decided to go to my brother's room. I opened it and saw him packing his own briefcase. He noticed me and turned to face me with a smile.

"You sure ready as hell kid." He chuckled and turned his attention back to his briefcase.

"Won't miss a holiday with the family I cared the most right?" I replied while leaning on the door. "What time is it?"

"03:27, the plane should be leaving in the next half an hour, you should check your own stuff again before we leaving."

"Aight." And with that, I walked back to my room and opened the briefcase for what like a thousand times already. Just then I felt this strange feeling that's telling me to cancel the vacation. I stopped all of my movement and thought about it. "Meh, just a feeling," I thought out loud. After I made sure everything is ready, I picked up the briefcase and headed downstairs. Mom and dad were already waiting for us. After we all gathered downstairs, we lock the house, went to the car and quickly drove off to the airport.

"BALI HERE WE GO!!"

...


After a few hours of flight, we finally arrived at our destination. Bali. Wow, Indonesia is paradise for tourists; maybe for the local people itself. Alright, back to the story. We got our stuff and rent a car to drove us to the hotel that surprisingly my dad already booked. It wasn't that far from the airport and only took at least twenty minutes 'till we pulled off.

"I don't even know that you're good at booking a hotel dad," I smirk at him and he just laughed at me.

"Do not ever underestimated your father." We all laughed and walked in to the hotel. It's big and the interior, God I can't explain it with words. You should've seen it by yourself. Anyway, my dad grabbed the hotel key and we proceed to our room. After what felt like hours; for me, of setting our stuff, we then headed to the Kuta Beach.

Okay, I'm gonna cut this short. We arrived at the beach and without a second thought, I changed to my swimming trunks and immediately ran towards the beach. My brother soon joined me, along with my dad while my mother was setting her sun umbrella and laid her towel down so she could sit on it.

We all played on and on until we didn't realise that the sun is starting to set. We then quickly get out of the beach, admire the sunset for awhile and head back to our place.

It's late night and we didn't even feel tired yet.

"Hey," my dad approached me as I was playing some games to get rid off my boredom, "You wanna head outside and have some dinner?"

I perked up and placed my phone to my pockets. "You know the answer." He chuckled and called for the rest of the family and walked to the nearest restaurant. It's not like the hotel had the service, but we just want to feel the breeze flowing in our faces and explore about the location. After bumming aroundfor awhile, we decided its time to go for dinner.

We took a restaurant not far enough from our hotel and we decide to try their traditional food and boy it tastes amazing.

"Okay is everybody full?" My dad asked and glanced at his watch.

"Hooah," I said soldier like.

"Right, it's eleven o'clock now we should be heading to bed." My dad then paid for all of the food and we head back to the hotel... on foot. We walked and talked for the rest of the journey until we saw a nightclub to our left.

"Wow," I said as I stopped and taking a look at the club, "It sure is crowded."

"Yeah," my dad patted me on the shoulder, "Come on kid, lets head back and save our energy for tomorrows' activity."

Before we could move on, a white van with high speed aimed directly at the night club... at us.

"WATCH OUT!" My dad screamed at the top of his lungs. My brother immediately pulled me away from the club but before we could ran, the van was already crashed to the club and exploded big enough to destroy the building. Me and my brother got threw off into the air and landed hard enough to the street. My parents was unlucky enough to move away from the blast radius and they got torn apart.

My ears buzzed as I was still regaining my vision. All I saw was the fire from the building and my brother whose trying to get up next to me. I groaned as I felt a sudden pain all over my body. My brother quickly rised to his feet and ran towards me. But before he could reach me, I heard a gunfire throughout the entire street. Then there it is, my brother get shot multiple times and fall to the ground. Leaving only a mass of blood on his body. I still couldn't believe what just happened. I turned to the source of the sound. And that's when I first saw a terrorist. He was holding on a gun that now I recognize as AK-47. He looked back at me and aimed his gun. I closed my eyes knowing that I was about to end there and then the gun fired, but I strangely, I didn't feel anything. I slowly opened my eyes and what I saw, is that he was on the ground and not moving. Then I looked back to my brother, then to the building. Tears began to form in my eyes. I clenched my fist and began to sob.

"If this... wasn't because of my... birthday... my family wouldn't..." I couldn't continue as I began to cry even louder. All of the guilt, the pain slowly building up inside me.

______________________________________________


"That's pretty much the story," Daniel said ending the story. Everyone in the room left shocked after hearing his past. Tears began to form in Daniel's eyes. "I... I always thought that... if it wasn't because of that goddamn birthday... my family shouldn't have..." He stopped as he now began to sob. All of the ponies watched him with sad look. Rainbow try to comfort her friend but to no avail. Daniel keeps sobbing as he buried his face into his hands.

"I'm so sorry... Daniel," Twilight finally speak as she wiped her tears, "We..."

"No need," Daniel interrupt her somewhat manage to regain his composure, "There's still another story after that incident, but... I wanna get some rest. Building those barricades and trenches making me tired."

Before everyone could respon, Daniel gets up from his seat and walked out of the room. Leaving his friends behind with a concern look.

"Is he going to be alright?" Starlight asked looking at Chase and Jerry.

"He's smart at hiding his feelings to all of us," replied Jerry, "So we didn't know he was happy or not."

"He didn't lie right Applejack?" Rainbow asked.

"Nope," replied Applejack, "Ah can saw through his eyes and... boy it filled with anger, sadness, mostly of all... guilt."

"I can't imagine what he had been through," Sunset said.

"Well, better get back to bed," Chase raised and stretched his back, "Tomorrow will be a long day for us and we have to prepare for any plans from the princesses." All of them nod and proceed to go back to their home.

______________________________________________


"So what's your plan Captain?"

"We are going to attack Ponyville at full force."

"You can't be serious right?"

"I am Your Highness, this is the only way I can do to take those Elements and bring them back to you."

"General, I want you to join the battle."

"I will Your Highness."

"You better not fail me this time."

Author's Note:

Heyy!! I know, it sucks... I just followed what my mind told me to write and yeah... totally sucks.

Next chapter: The Battle for Ponyville Part 1