• Published 22nd Aug 2012
  • 11,621 Views, 570 Comments

Against the night - Senorita-De-La-Nieve



When Luna takes a personal day at Twilight's library, it becomes clear she has feelings for the uni

  • ...
27
 570
 11,621

Chapter Eight

Anypony who knew what a party at sugarcube corner was like on a normal day/night, they knew to expect music by the one and only DJ-PON-3, a dance floor the size of half the ground floor, cakes and sweets to rival Canterlot imported produce, and drinks to make a pony forget their own name should they drink too much. That was a party for a new arrival. This was a party for a Royal Princess. Everything was bigger, better, and instead of 50% proof there was 75% proof. Pinkie had spared no expense on everything at the party, from the hoof baked cupcakes and muffins to the strobe lights outside and the spotlights on the roof.

Twilight and Luna, as they left the library, could see them rotating and sending up beams of light into the night sky. Luna's mouth hung agape and Twilight giggled at her reaction.

"This is nothing, you should have seen her Hearths Warming Party" she said as she walked towards the light, where the sound of the bass grew greater and greater. The walk was in silence, the two mares watching the stars and listening to the ever so faint dubtrot music by the town's resident DJ, with a little bit of Cello music thrown in there as well.

The music grew louder, the vibrations under the mare's hooves growing until they were shaking as they stood outside the door. They gave each other a look, and Twilight shouted over the music.

"Not exactly the Grand Galloping Gala I know, but it's fun, come on" she walked towards the door and opened it, allowing Luna to enter first. The music hit them both like a tsunami, the heavy bass and loud drums hitting Luna full force and forcing her to take a step back, her mane frazzled, tiara loose and eyes blinking rapidly, she stepped inside to a rave, strobe lights were flashing inside and ponies were wearing glowing hoof bands. Pinkie bounced over to them nearly instantly.

"Hey girls! I was so glad you could make it! Isn't it amazing? I called in a few favours from Vinyl for the music and Derpy for the shipment of hoof bands!" she slapped one on Twilight's hoof and another onto Luna's, who looked at it curiously, then to the ponies dancing.

"Do you girls want a drink? It's the good stuff, all the way from Stalliongrad" she bounced over to the table set aside with the drinks and snacks and poured the drink into the cups, giving one to each of them, a blue glow enveloping one, a purple glow capturing the other, they then proceeded to bounce somewhere into the crowd of ponies, disappearing among the dancing bodies.

Luna took a look at her drink, then to Twilight who smiled at her reassuringly.

"Take it slow" she warned with her smile morphing into a devilish grin, as she took a sip of her drink and shuddered. Luna looked down at the clear liquid and swirled it once, before drinking a gulp of it. Her eyes widened, her throat burned, and she felt tingly all over. She coughed and nearly dropped the cup, staggering a little. Twilight caught her and laughed.

"I warned you" she shouted over the noise, still giggling as she drunk some more of her own drink. Luna giggled as well, feeling a bit weird, her vision seemed to be hazy, but yet it had never been clearer. She felt the beat of the music and smiled at Twilight, downing the rest of her drink and, to her credit, only suffering a minor coughing fit.

"I wanna dance, come on!" she said with a smile, griping Twilight's hoof and pulling her towards the crowd, making Twilight drop her drink in surprise, the cup spinning once in mid-air before falling. Luna pushed through the crowd and pulling Twilight with her.

"Princess, are you sure you want to dance?" she asked her, pulling back to try and slow her down, but Luna had already reached the middle of the floor.

"Of course! The music is too good not to!" She looked around at everyone, gauging that a few more modern dance moves were required, apart from the old ones she was used to. No matter, this was what practice was for.

"But, do you know how to dance?!" Twilight yelled and Luna smiled, and began to move like everyone else along with the music, Twilight watched her with a slack jaw. She just stood watching her for a song. The Princess was honestly quite a good dancer. Luna saw her look and giggled.

"What?! A thousand years is a long time! I had a lot to catch up on! And catch up I did!" she giggled as she pulled off some mediocre break dancing moves, making a few ponies glance her way. She continued to dance as the songs transitioned, flawlessly like a flowing river.

"Hey!" One of them shouted "Isn't that the Princess?!"

That drew attention, Luna continued to gyrate and move like an element of the music herself, she beckoned for Twilight to join her, but she blushed and shook her head.

"I can't dance!" she yelled over the music, and Luna sighed, grabbing her and pulling her into the middle of the dance floor where a plethora of ponies observed them. Twilight looked around nervously from face to face, until she heard a voice whisper to her.

"Just do as I do, okay?" she turned and saw the Princess with a warm smile. Lost in the smile of a Princess having fun, and wanting to share the experience, she nodded.

"Okay Luna, I'll try to" she said and Luna smiled, beginning to dance once more, Twilight mirroring her actions and, after a while, the two of them danced together in a haze of movements. The Princess was idly aware of cheering around her, but only had ears for the thumping rhythms of the bass. The world faded away to just Twilight and Luna moving in synchronization with each other.

They slowly closed the gap between them and met together, and very quickly the dance grew sensual. They began to press their bodies together, dancing with and around one another.

Song became song, merging with each other as the ponies around them watched whilst dancing themselves. They cheered and clapped and egged the couple on.

At first Twilight was apprehensive, but the movements of Luna enticed her to join in, and soon their fur rubbed in a passionate dance to the dubtrot music, when the song ended they drew each other in for a heated kiss, and the cheers intensified as the ponies realized they had been privy to two ponies in love sharing a dance together. They both looked around, Twilight blushing, Luna laughing.
The mare on stage, Vinyl Scratch, pointed to them.

"How 'bout a hoof for the happy couple!" she shouted, and clapped her hooves together, the rest of the party followed suit, and it drove the pair apart, Twilight blushing profusely and Luna having a faint pink tinge on her cheeks. She grabbed her hoof again and pulled Twilight through the crowd, back to where the others were sitting. Fluttershy was resting her head on the back of the booth, no doubt drinking just plain water. Pinkie was talking animatedly with Rarity, and Rainbow and Applejack had somehow found themselves in a hoof wrestle.

The pair sat down, pulling up some chairs from nearby tables that weren't being used.

"Oh! Princess! Congrats on the dancing! I never knew you could dance like that, I mean everypony can dance but not many can like that!" she said happily, and the others agreed, even the pair hoof wrestling, though their eyes never left each other.

"Yes it was simply splendid, for this type of party that is" Rarity said, sipping her drink demurely, intending it as a veiled compliment. Luna thanked them both, and Twilight looked over the Dash and Applejack.

"What're they doing?" She asked and Fluttershy looked up.

"They're having a drinking game, whenever somepony loses they have to take a drink" she said with a small smile, and Luna looked at their cups, which were both still full.

"But, their drinks..."

"Nopony's won yet" Pinkie said dramatically, and the others chuckled, all except the mares engaged in the fierce hoof wrestle, sweat now pouring off their brows and Applejack made a little bit of progress, but Rainbow soon retorted and set it back to a stalemate.

Pinkie bounced up and quickly brought two drinks over for Luna and Twilight, Luna drinking slowly and Twilight leaving hers alone for the moment. They watched the on-going battle for some time until Applejack finally began to make some headway, pushing Rainbow's hoof slowly down to the table, and with one mighty push, onto the table with a loud *bang*, throwing her hooves into the air with victory.

Rainbow huffed, clearly annoyed.

"Beginner's luck AJ" she said with a smirk and Applejack scoffed.

"Be a good sport Dash, an' drink up!" She said with a chuckle, and Dash sighed, grabbing her drink and downing the whole thing, coughing once before shuddering slightly.

"Hey AJ! How 'bout a rematch?" she asked with a smile, and Applejack shook her head, placing her Stetson on her head and getting up.

"Naw, Ah need to get up early in the mornin', and it's already midnight" she squeezed past Dash and the others and walked towards the door waving to Pinkie.

"Great party as usual Pinks" she said as she waved again and stepped out the door, everypony else saying a fond farewell. The others bade her farewell, and Rainbow sighed, setting her hooves on the table.

"Well, now there's no one else here to hoof wrestle I might head home as well. Unless any of you wanna try your luck?" she asked cockily, eyeing the others in the room. Her gaze found the Princess, and the Princess blinked, then smirked, placing her hoof on the table, signalling she was ready.
Rainbow chuckled and gripped her hoof.

"On three" she said, and Luna nodded.

"Three!" Rainbow yelled and pressed on Luna's hoof, which was nearly pushed to the table in the split second she had taken to react. She pushed back, and Rainbow's hoof was pushed ever closer towards its imminent place on the table. Luna allowed herself a smug smile as Rainbow struggled with a look of surprise as she plunged to her last depths of strength to try and push the Princess back.

Luna smiled a bit wider and pushed Rainbow's hoof down to the table with a *thud*

Luna raised her hooves in the air in triumph.

"Whoo!" she exclaimed and Rainbow rubbed her hoof, staring at the Princess in dis-belief.

"I... I lost..." she said and Luna chuckled, looking around the table at the shocked faces of the others, she waved a hoof.

"Oh, don't look so shocked. After the Changeling invasion the Princesses were trained alongside the guards, we're stronger faster and tougher than we were before now" she smiled and winked at Rainbow, who grumbled and sighed.

"I can understand losing to AJ, but, no offence Princess, not to YOU" she said as she flexed her hoof a bit and Luna chuckled again, placing a hoof on her shoulder sympathetically.

"Maybe next time Rain" she chuckled and Rainbow sighed, drinking some more of her drink, and Luna did the same with a smile. Twilight smiled at Luna and chuckled.

"I could never do that Princess, now whose the most powerful?" she asked coyly and Luna rolled her eyes, nuzzling her cheek against the smaller mare’s.

"You are magically, but I'm stronger physically, deal?" she asked and Twilight nodded.

"Deal" Twilight agreed, and hugged her, to which Luna reciprocated by wrapped her hooves around Twilight as well.

Pinkie 'awwed', Rarity wiped away a tear with a silken hooferchief she apparently materialized from nowhere, Fluttershy smiled sweetly and Rainbow still looked like she was sulking from her loss, but still grinned at the pair.

"Right" Luna said, startling them all somewhat as they listened. "I think we all need another drink hmm?" She blinked and slurred her words ever so slightly as she attempted to get up and grab everypony another drink.

Twilight shook her head slightly and gripped her with a hoof, pulling her back to the seat.

"Luna, I think we need to go home, need to make sure Spikes asleep and I ink I'd prefer if you're not hungover and wishing for death in the morning" she said with a giggle and Luna smiled, leaning her head on Twi's shoulder.

"Oh, you always look out for me Twi" she said with a smile and nuzzled into her, making Twilight blush slightly and cleared her throat.

"W-well, I think it's time for us to go. Thank you Pinkie for another wonderful party and I'll see you soon" she said as she got up, pulling the princess with her, with Pinkie waving at them both.
"Bye girls!"


The walk home was fun for both parties, with Luna stumbling and tripping and leaning on the lavender mare, who giggled as well as she was ever so slightly tipsy as well. The cobbled pathway and concrete roads seemed to shift and twist before them treacherously, with Luna stumbling now every other step and almost fully leaning on Twilight.

"Oh I am so tired Twilight..." she groaned and her eyes closed, letting the smaller mare lead her down the road.

Twilight simply nodded and continued to walk towards the library, which was now in sight just around the next corner. In no time at all she was unlocking the door and leading the Princess in, almost carrying her up the stairs and to her room placing her on the bed and taking off her crown and decorative shoes, placing them on the set of draws beside the bed.

Twilight gently stroked Luna's mane and Luna smiled up at her, no words were spoken, and none were needed. Twilight then turned to walk out of the room, but was stopped by Luna's hoof on hers.

"Twilight, please stay. I don't want you to go tonight" she said pleadingly, and Twilight looked around nervously. She was about to share a bed with a Princess, so she was naturally very nervous.
"W-w-well, I, uh, I don't think..." she began, but Luna cut her off.

"Please Twilight? Just stay here, I promise my intentions are chaste" she smirked wryly and Twilight blushed as she nodded.

"O-okay Luna, I'll stay" She whispered with a shy smile, walking over to the bed and climbing into it, Luna immediately pulling her body into hers and kissing her cheek, smiling as she hugged her, making Twilight blush, but smile all the same as they both fell into a very deep, alcohol-induced sleep.


The morning brought something new for Luna, a voice and an earthquake that shook her awake, the voice belonged to a frantic Twiliht who looked nearly catatonic with fear, except she was shaking her, which was the source of the earthquake. Then she realized the voice was her trying to rouse her.

"Luna! Luna wake up! Wake up something terrible has happened!" she nearly yelled, and Twilight sat bolt upright, staring into the intense teal eyes, her hangover instantly forgotten.

"What is it?"


Oh cliffhangers, how I love them so :3