• Published 22nd Aug 2012
  • 11,604 Views, 570 Comments

Against the night - Senorita-De-La-Nieve



When Luna takes a personal day at Twilight's library, it becomes clear she has feelings for the uni

  • ...
27
 570
 11,604

Chapter Seven

Walking back to the small town of Ponyville, Princess Luna had a lot to occupy her mind. Ever since she came back, up until the fiasco at Nightmare Night, she was an introverted Princess. Never straying too far into realms unknown. She was brought up on a strict set of beliefs, and in one night she had to discard them. It wasn't easy, but she did it. And she could honestly say she couldn't be happier.

The day and night she had spent with Twilight and her friends had reinforced her happiness. She had friends now, and they were the very ponies who had saved her from herself. That time seemed like an eternity ago.

Luna cast a glance around what she could now call her friends, and couldn't help a smile. Rarity was talking animatedly with Applejack, who was trying her best not to look too bored, about how her mane could make her look dazzling if Rarity only had the time with her. Rainbow Dash was flitting a few feet above the group, laughing at Applejack's reactions to Rarity, Pinkie Pie was bouncing next to Fluttershy, rambling to the Pegasus as she walked. Then, her gaze found Twilight.

What could she say about the Unicorn? She was beautiful. Framed against the backdrop of autumn leaves, lavender against gold. The sunrise was in its final stages, providing an orange fire against it. Luna was momentarily stunned, until the unicorn caught her gaze. Luna became lost in a sea of lavender and smiled, causing Twilight to blush, but smile back. Never breaking their contact.

Luna finally broke the gaze and looked forward again, staving off the redness that threatened to show on her blue cheeks. They continued to walk, with Luna making general chat with the 6 friends as she walked. Twilight remained uncharacteristically quiet, even when asked a direct question. She was lost in thought.

She now knew she had to tell Luna how she felt about her, that much was clear, otherwise the pain of keeping the secret would eat at her and eventually ruin their friendship. But Twilight was afraid, for the first time in her life. Careful planning had no place in issues when it came to love, she had read enough books to know that plans never went how they were meant to.

For the first time she felt alone, with no references to help her. And yet she couldn't help but make plans, they could just go back to the library and stay with Luna all day, or they could go out until the party, Twilight could show her around. She didn't know.

Then she looked over at Luna again, and realized something shocking; she didn't care. She should have, she should have been meticulously going over every detail, she had already memorized three confessional speeches, and she should have been petrified, but, oh Celestial sisters those eyes, that mane, her graceful coat, the way she smiled as she kept her eyes forward. It was all so much, and Twilight found herself sighing wistfully.

She was still terrified if Luna said no, but also scared to death if she said yes. What would they do? How would they keep the relationship intact when Luna had to be in Canterlot for most, if not all the day?

Those were questions Twilight didn't know the answer to, nor did she want to know them yet. All she knew is that the day was being wasted, the sun would soon set and Luna would have to leave, and she was determined to tell her before the day ended.

Luna watched her from the corner of her eye, blushing slightly at the sigh. She knew Twilight had been watching her, and that made her tingle all over. The fact that she was loved, desired by somepony was enough to put a smile on her face.

Both were brought back to reality by a pink party pony pouncing into the space between them, beginning to talk in her signature way to the two of them.

"Hey! Just wanted to let you two know, the part that we was meant to have last night is tonight; hopefully you can make it Luna! It wouldn't be the same without you, after all it was Twilight who said we should hold the party specifically to celebrate the meteor shower!" she spoke in a single breath, and Luna raised her eyebrows and Twilight at the last part, to which the Unicorn's blush from earlier only deepened.

Luna giggled at her reaction and smiled at Pinkie.

"Of course I can make it. In fact, I could probably convince my sister to let me have another day off" she said, mostly letting her sentence reach Twilight. Gears in Twilight's head began to turn as she thought about it, then came up with something perfect, and at the same time something that can only be described as insane.

"Luna would you like to stay at the Library?" she asked before she could stop herself, and Luna smiled.

"I would love to, that is, if you have the room" she stated, and Twilight nodded.

"Of course, we have an entire spare bedroom we never use, you can stay there, in fact Spike cleaned it up just yesterday I believe" she explained, and Luna smiled at her.

"Well then I would be delighted Twilight" she said with a smile, and Twilight smiled back. Pinkie Pie looked between them both.

"So, you're coming to the party Princess?" she asked, and Luna nodded.

"Yes, and I hope to see everypony there" she said, looking over the group of friends who smiled at her reassuringly.

"You can count on it!"

"O'course Ah'll come"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, darling"

"Oh, I'll, uh, I'll try to"

They all answered one after the other and she smiled at each of them in turn, and then she looked back at Twilight.

"Of course I'll go" she answered before Luna could ask the question Twilight new was on her mind. The rest of the walk back to town was uneventful, until they all had to split to go their separate ways. Pinkie had to help the Cakes and persuade them to let her take control of the bakery for the party, Rarity had to open her boutique, Fluttershy had her animals to care for, Applejack had her apples to buck, and Rainbow Dash had to 'practice for the Wonderbolts'

That left Luna and Twilight alone, they exchanged a look and Luna smiled at her.

"So, what to do until the party?" Luna asked, and Twilight shrugged.

"I actually have to get back to Spike and the library. I left him alone. I really should stop doing that, maybe I should invite him to the party later" Twilight said, looking towards the library in the distance. Luna laughed slightly.

"I am sure he would love to go" Luna said as they both started walking towards the Library. The walk was in silence, not entirely awkward, more like a comfortable blanket. No words were needed at the time. Around them ponies emerged to head off to work or begin their day, some smiled at Twilight, others bowed in respect to the Princess.

Every time one of them bowed Luna would sigh and motion for them to get up and told them "You don't need to bow" with which they would look confused and wander off.

After the fifth time Twilight grew somewhat confused as well. She turned to the Princess as she waved off another pony who bowed with a gentle smile.

"Luna why don't you like ponies bowing? You ARE royalty you know" she said, and the Princess's face fell.

"I know that. And I don't like being reminded" she stated flatly, and Twilight raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean-" she started but was cut off by the Luna's commanding glare and the stern sting words.

"This is a conversation best had behind closed doors Twilight Sparkle, let us wait until we are back at the library" She said very sternly, and Twilight recoiled, ears pressed against her head in sadness. The use of her full name and the archaic language made Twilight feel like she had done something wrong, and inside the Princess was now seething at herself for doing it.

She sighed inwardly as they now walked in an unbroken, uncomfortable silence towards the library. Luna was almost glad when it came within distance to make out details, it meant an end to the silence, but also she would have to impart upon Twilight her secrets as to why she hated ponies bowing before her.

She walked behind her now; eyes cast down as Twilight opened the door and walked inside, turning to watch Luna as she followed. Spike was in the main room dusting off the bookshelves and turned towards the source of the noise.

"Hey Twi! I've just finished dusting the bookshelves and I put all the scrolls and books in the basement! I was about to make some breakfast" he said cheerfully and Twilight smiled.

"Thanks Spike, I don't know what I would do without you" She said with a smile and Spike chuckled to himself.

"Well for one you'd be knee-deep in dust" he quipped and Twilight ruffled his scales.

"Very funny Spike, now what's for breakfast?" she asked and Spike shrugged.

"No idea, we've got enough supplies to make cookies, that's about it, or we have three apples from Applejack left" he sad off the top of his head, and Twilight looked at Luna.

"An apple each should be fine, unless you want to run to the store and get some things?" she asked and Spike shrugged.

"I don't mind, but I'll have to go later anyway, might as well get it done now" he said and Twilight smiled.

"Okay, let me just give you some bits and you can go" she said to him as she walked over to a bookshelf holding a coin purse. She grabbed it with her magic and poured six bits into his outstretched claw. He walked to the door and Twilight followed him, opening the door for him and staying in the doorway until he stood outside.

"So, Twilight" he leaned in to whisper "what's wrong with the Princess?" he asked, casting a furtive look back at the seemingly sad Princess as she stood there idly watching Twilight.

"I don't know, but that's what I intend to find out, she seemed so happy until we walked home. Now go and get some lunch, with luck she'll be happy when you come back" she said with a hopeful smile, and Spike saluted and walked away, the bits held firmly in his claw. Twilight watched him leave with a private smile.

She turned back to the Princess, who was now facing a roaring purple fire in the fireplace. She turned back and regarded Twilight with an attempt at a smile as she sat down on a chair, beckoning her to take a seat next to her.

Twilight trotted over to the seat and sat down, patiently waiting for the Princess to begin. Inside the Princess’s mind, her thoughts waged war with each other, trying to find the correct way to begin. There were so many secrets she kept, some even from herself. She learnt a long time ago not to keep secrets, and yet she couldn't tell anypony about what was now rushing throughout her mind

"You wanted to know why I dislike ponies bowing, it's because with you and your friends, I can pretend that I'm a normal unicorn, and ponies bowing merely remind me that I'm not. I am a Princess. But I never wanted to be" she began, and Twilight leaned in closer, as her voice at the last part dropped to a mere whisper.

Princess Luna's eyes were cast down to the floor, gazing at the wood and tracing patterns along it. It calmed her mind as she continued with her story.

"Twilight, have you ever noticed that me and my sister don't have parents?" she asked her, casting her eyes up to meet with intent lavender. Twilight thought about it for the first time, her brow furrowed in confusion.

"No, but, now that you mention it, that is weird" she said, mostly to herself, as Luna went on.

"It's because they were Alicorns like us. But, unlike us, they were not immortal. An Alicorn exists only as long as their tasks are incomplete, do you understand?" she asked, in case Twilight may have trouble processing it, to which she nodded slowly.

"I think so, you're telling me as long as Celestia has to raise the sun and you make the Night sky you'll live forever?"

Luna nodded almost sadly. "Yes" she said "Our mother and father fulfilled their purpose, theirs was to create and sustain harmony, and they did when they created me and my sister. But they gave me a worse job, and simultaneously the better one. They gave me the night sky, and father told me that the night was a canvas for me to create, so I did. And when no pony admired it, that's when I turned into a Nightmare" she said, and Twilight listened intently. A single tear rolled down the Princesses cheek.

"But I didn't want to be a Princess. I wanted a normal life, with normal friends, and only later did we realize that we reached a certain age before we stopped aging. We were to live forever. I had to watch my friends wither and age while I stayed still" she lamented, tears now freely flowing down her cheeks. Twilight held back her own tears. She wrapped her hooves around her and held her in an embrace as she cried.

"Luna, I had no idea. I'm so sorry" she said, not knowing what else to say. Luna just chuckled as she buried her head in Twilight's neck.

"Not even Celestia knows what I've told you Twilight. Thank you for listening" she said, drawing her head back with a smile. Twilight kept her hooves around her.

"Well, of course I listened. You're my friend" she said with a smile, and Luna watched her intently, seeing if she would make the next move, or whether she would have to do it. Eventually after a full minute of silence and staring into each other's eyes, Luna sighed and fixed her with a straight look.

"But do you want just friendship?" she asked flatly, and Twilight simply blinked and blushed furiously.

"Well... I... uh, maybe...? I don't know... How did you know...?" she asked, and Luna simply smiled.

"When you told me around the fire, you weren't exactly subtle" she quipped and Twilight blushed again.

"Did you really mean what you said?" she asked her, and Twilight nodded, still not looking at her, and Luna turned her head with a gentle hoof.

"I think the same of you Twilight. You're beautiful, smart, funny and kind, all the things that make you perfect" she caressed her hoof along her cheek and leaned in, planting a soft kiss on her lips before she could react. Fireworks danced in Twilight's eyes as their lips brushed together, light as a feather. Before she could become lost, however, she braced her hooves against the Princess's and pushed her back.

"But, you're a Princess, I'm just a unicorn, you'll -mmph!" she was cut off by another kiss, Luna wasn't giving up that easily.

"Yes I am, and whatever time we have will be magical, don't ruin it now, you want this, I want this, I love you Twilight, do you Love me?" she asked and Twilight nodded, pressing her lips back to the princess's and cupping her face with her hooves. Luna's snaked around Twilight's back and pulled her closer, their fur rubbing together as their lips locked together.

The thing that made them part was a voice from the door.

"Geez Twilight I know you said you'd make her happy, I didn't think you meant like that" he said as he moved past them with a bag of groceries. They both separated, blushing, then giggling at each other.

"I got us all a salad, and you have 3 bits change Twilight" he called from the kitchen, and Twilight looked at Luna and smiled.

Luna smiled right back and kissed her on the nose playfully.

"Come on Twilight, time for lunch"


It was just a kiss. An oh so fiery kiss. It was a simple caress. One that left her nerves tingling at the ghost of a touch. Luna's lips were so soft, so pliant, so gentle, yet they held back a fire that Twilight was scared to unleash. As she sat at the table, idly pawing at her salad, she thought about that kiss. She longed to return it in its intensity.

That was her first kiss as well. Her first ever kiss, and it was with a Princess. Not just any Princess, Princess Luna to be precise. A dopey smile would likely be plastered on her face for the rest of the day. She took a bite out of one of the lettuce leaves and her gaze caught Luna's, who smiled and gave her a wink. Twilight giggled in response and felt her cheeks light up.

Spike sighed as he ate his salad. "If you two are gonna be all lovey-dovey can I please finish this in the other room?" he asked them and Twilight glared at him.

"Spike, you don't see me complaining when you fawn over Rarity, so please just enjoy your meal" she said with a sweet smile and a slight hint of mischievousness in her eyes, watching Spike's face heat up from the blush. Luna placed her hooves over her mouth and let out a stifled laugh at the pair. Sometimes they were as catty as a brother and sister, and sometimes they were as loving as a mother and son. She continued to smile as Spike fell silent and Twilight returned to her salad with a self-satisfied look.

"I don't fawn over Rarity, I admire her" Spike weakly defended, and Twilight simply shook her head at the pitiful excuse. Luna cleared her throat and got the pairs attention.

"So, there is a party at Sugarcube corner tonight, what are everyone's plans until then?" she asked, clearly trying to change the subject and spare the young dragon any further embarrassment. Twilight shrugged and looked around.

"To be honest I have nothing to do but re-shelve the library, my schedule for the month says that this is one of my days off, and during those days all I do is read or re-shelve the library" she explained somewhat sheepishly, resorting to making herself look as small as possible. Luna laughed and smiled at her.

"A day of reading sounds wonderful, perhaps I could join you?" she asked gently, almost as embarrassed to ask as Twilight was to reveal it. But now she smiled widely and nodded enthusiastically, all traces of her sheepish look and blush fading from her face.

The rest of the meal progressed in relative silence, Twilight and Luna still stole the occasional furtive glance at each other, much to the ire of the young dragon sitting next to them, but he didn't mind, Twilight had come up with a very valid point earlier, every time he fawned over Rarity she had dealt with it, he guessed it was true he owed her a small ounce of tolerance for her not-so-secret glances at each other.

That didn't stop him from finishing his salad quickly and messily, hastily jumping down from the table and placing the dish in the sink, almost running into the living room. Should she ask him later it was because he was preparing her favourite reading spot for her and Luna, and placing an assortment of fiction and non-fiction titles around said spot. In truth he wanted to be as far away from the sickly aura of love as possible. He wasn't ready to see two mares making out just yet. He shivers still at the thought.

In the kitchen, Luna and Twilight watched him leave, before turning back to each other. Twilight smiled awkwardly.

"Perhaps we should be careful with the amount of affection we share around him" she offered, and Luna nodded.

"Indeed, we wouldn't want to scar the poor thing would we? But until we're alone..." she leant over and whispered in Twilight's ear "I'm waiting to continue our kiss in the living room" she whispered as quietly and sultrily as she could, before resuming her salad like nothing happened, leaving a very flustered Twilight to blush in her seat.

They finished the salad and Twilight placed the dishes with Spike's in the sink, before turning to join Luna in walking into the living room, to find four silken cushions lay out on the floor by her assistant who smiled at her and bade a hasty retreat from the living room to do the dishes in the sink. Twilight looked at Luna and motioned her head towards the cushions.

"That's my favourite reading spot, right near the fireplace, and the cushions are so comfortable sometimes I fall asleep" she admitted, her eyes glazing at fond memories. Luna smiled and nuzzled her cheek, breaking her out of her stupor.

"Shall we then?" she asked with a tender smile, and Twilight nodded, walking over to one of the pairs of cushions and laying on them with a satisfied sigh. Luna followed suit, lying beside her, and idly gazed around the books that adorned the shelves.

"So, tell me, Twilight, what are we going to read?" she asked, and Twilight shrugged.

"I have no clue, Spike always gives me too many books" she shifted through some of the tomes, a few were old and battered, and others were fresh and new. Twilight levitated one with her magic, the title read, The Winter's Tale, by Shakespeare. Twilight smiled and showed it to Luna.

"What about some classic literature, it would be nice to have somepony with me who understands some of the words" she said with a grin, and Luna chuckled, slipping into her archaic language.

"I would certainly be honoured to translate the idioms imprinted on the page, dear Twilight, however I am required to analyse their context before any observational judgments or translations can be made" she said, and laughed at Twilight's confused expression. She decided to brush it off and gripped the book with her magic, alleviating it from Twilight's control.

The brief sensation of their magic auras caressing each other was enough to make both of them shiver at the unexpected sensation, the course feeling, yet silky transition. It was strange, yet Twilight made a note to repeat it. Luna tried to stifle a blush as she opened the book and set it between them. Twilight rested her head on Luna's shoulder.

"Luna, would you mind reading it out loud?" she asked her sheepishly, and Luna chuckled, kissing her on the forehead.

"Of course Twilight" she said, before clearing her throat an turning the page of contents to the first line, skimming it, she turned to Twilight.

"Forgive me Twilight, but this is not the work of Shakespeare, his works were that of plays, this is in prose" she said, and Twilight nodded.

"Yes, it was specially printed by the Canterlot Archives in the form of prose, so that those that didn't want to see it performed could still enjoy it" she explained duly, and Luna turned back to it.

"Very well..." she replied, reading the first few lines.

A grand antechamber stretches out before the two men, were it not for the fact that both had been present here before, they would have thought this room served as the main room for any and all Royal events in Leontes palace. The two men in question, Camillo and Archidamus, can be heard by any wandering vagabond passing by, even if they are speaking in rather hushed tones, not for the reason of plotting, but rather the want to keep private a conversation betwixt them.
"If you shall chance, Camillo, to visit Bohemia, on the like occasion whereon my services are now on foot, you shall see, as I have said, great difference betwixt our Bohemia and your Sicilia" Archidamus says, harkening back to a previous conversation, whereupon Camillo refused to believe there were s many differences between their home nations. He shook his head and duly replied.

"I think, this coming summer, the King of Sicilia means to pay Bohemia the visitation which he justly owes him..."


When the book finally closed, an entire three hours had passed. Luna had been brought to tears during some of the reading, not because of sadness, but laughter. The play had been comical back when she had been it as a filly, and it was equally so as a work of prose. Twilight hadn't understood some of the jokes, but Luna dutifully explained them to her, and had earned a giggle or two from her.

Twilight had been more occupied by the way she was reading than anything else, the way her voice made the words come alive with passion, or love, or humour, Twilight had been sitting there, more enraptured by the motion of the Princess' mouth moving and forming silken words, than with the actual jokes and words of Shakespeare.

"Tis a shame" Luna spoke, caressing the book like a childhood heirloom. "Shakespeare was incredible at creating, a master wordsmith, yet he never really thought his plays were perfect. He kept striving for perfection, not realizing what he had in front of him the whole time" she laughed blankly, then turned to Twilight, smiling genuinely.

"So" she said "How did I do reading?" she asked coyly, and Twilight just stammered out a response.
"W-w-well, uh, you were... I'm trying to find a better word than Amazing, but nothing comes to mind" she said, and Luna blushed deeply, resting her head against Twilight's and sighing, content.

"So, what other books do you have?"


Twilight's gentle breathing was a soothing balm, and the way her eyelids fluttered as her head was buried in her mane was adorable to say the least. Luna couldn't help but watch and smile like a goofy love struck fool. She stroked some of Twilight's lavender mane away from her face as she was scrunching her eyes and trying to blow it away, and when she did so Twilight leaned into the touch and rested her full weight on Luna.

Spike came in from the basement after sorting a few things that Twilight had asked him to take down there, seeing the sleeping form of Twilight resting against the princess, he smiled, shaking his head.

“She works too much sometimes" he stated and Luna nodded, still watching her. Spike crouched down on his haunches. "You know, when she heard you were coming she stayed up all night finalizing the details" he said fondly, and Luna looked at him in wonder.

"All night?" she asked and Spike nodded in affirmation. He finally got up and walked to the stairs.

"If Twilight wakes up, tell her I'm cleaning up the bedroom if she needs me" he said with a smile and Luna nodded, going back to her observations of the Lavender Unicorn lying beside her. She shifted and her face contorted in an expression of discomfort. Luna smiled and braced her hooves against her to keep her in her position as she stood. Twilight's head fell slightly, and Luna picked her up, laying her on the couch and covering her with a blanket.

Twilight latched onto her hoof tightly and refused to let go, prompting the dark Alicorn to laugh slightly and kiss her forehead.

"Move over so I can lay next to you then" she said and Twilight shifted herself back so her back pressed against the back of the couch. Luna lifted the blanket and lay down next to Twilight, feeling the comforting feeling of her breath on the back of her neck. Twilight's hooves wrapped around her and pulled her tight against Twilight's prone form, and Luna smiled, letting her eyes shut. The blanket wasn't big enough to cover both of them, but Luna didn't mind having a bit of her exposed to the cold. Twilight's body was warm and comforting, and she soon felt herself drifting into a peaceful slumber.


There was a broken mirror shard on the floor; a single pool of quicksilver against the blackness on the floor. Luna gingerly stepped towards it and lifted it with her hooves, bringing herself to look into it. What she saw made her recoil and step back. A mare with black coat, silvery blue armour adorning her head, wing-guards and leg-guards, a battle ready chest-plate made of the finest onyx and silver interwoven in lace-like patterns.

The mare smiled, baring fangs, which was when Luna dropped the shard, which shattered into a thousand pieces, each one piercing the night of the dream-scape, letting through a blinding bright light. Each piece enlarged, some shading themselves over, connecting with ones that grew brighter than the stars. The light that invaded from the holes had made Luna turn away, obscuring the appearance of the mare from the shard of the mirror.

The pieces and the light now solidified into a towering figure, that loomed over Luna, wings proudly outstretched as she stepped closer to the frightened Princess, who took a step back.

"Greetings, fair Luna" the mare said, before bowing in mock reverence. Luna's face broke into a scowl, as she whispered the creature's name.

"Nightmare..." Luna trailed off, no more words necessary. Nightmare looked at her and smiled again, those eyes boring into her brain, almost hypnotic in their intensity.

"So you went against my advice, and admitted your misguided feelings for your sister's pupil" she stated, and Luna stood firm and resolute in her reply.

"My feelings were hardly misguided, and-" she began a long, detailed explanation in her mind before Nightmare cut her off.

"You refer to them in past tense. Maybe 'tis worse than I feared, you have already convinced yourself it is over" she said with a smile, and Luna recoiled.

"How dare you presume.." and again Luna was cut off.

"I do not presume anything Luna. I know you. I AM you. You fear that Twilight will get tired of watching you stay as you are, and end things before their time, You fear for Twilight, that she will never have a family because with you that is impossible. Now prove me wrong" she said, and watched Luna's reaction.

Luna simply smiled and shook her head.

"Yes I do. All of those things I fear. But after a thousand years with you I learnt something; selfishness. I have Twilight, and nopony else does. And I'll hold on to her for as long as I can. Be it for one day, or one thousand. Now for the first time in nearly two thousand years, I have found love, and you shall not take it away from me. Now leave me ALONE!" She yelled the last word in the Royal Canterlot Voice, and delivered a decisive left hook through the dream Nightmare, letting it disintegrate into smoke.


Luna awoke peacefully, and saw that she was now face to face with Twilight's deep lavender eyes. A smile instantly formed on her lips as she leaned forward and stole a kiss from her. Twilight moaned in surprise, but returned it with a fervor that surprised Luna.

Luna quickly pulled away and stroked through her mane, melting the pink stripe into the lavender and leaving it in a beautiful disarray for the normally sleek and studiously neat Unicorn.

"How long have you been watching me?" she asked as she continued to stroke through her mane, feeling Twilight sigh as her chest rubbed against Luna's She could feel Twilight's breath ghosting across her face.

"A while. You're beautiful when you sleep, and you had the most adorable smile before you woke up" she said, giggling slightly, and Luna smiled too.

"What were you dreaming about?" she asked, and Luna smiled wider.

"Dispelling a Nightmare" she said cryptically, and Twilight furrowed her brow before Luna kissed her again, deeply this time, continuing her ministrations on Twilight's scalp.

Twilight broke away, and Luna followed before Twilight stopped her with a hoof.

"As much as I'd like to, we have a party to attend, and Spike's still here" she said, and Luna sighed heavily, wrapping her hooves around her and pulling her close.

"Soon you won't be able to use them as excuses" she whispered with half-lidded azure eyes and a grin that had Twilight flustered for some reason.

Doubly so when she leaned closer so their cheeks pressed together and she whispered the next part in a hushed, sultry whisper.

"But I am a very patient mare" she said with a giggle, knowing the effect she was having on the Unicorn, who was currently i the process of inventing new colours in which to blush. Luna laughed and delivered a kiss on her cheek before she tried to untangle herself from Twilight's limps and extradite herself from the couch. Twilight saw her situation and attempted to do the same, but only managed to push Luna off the couch, taking her with her.

They both tumbled to the floor, Twilight landing on top of Luna who grunted.

"Oh my, are you okay Luna?" she asked before Luna laughed loudly, Twilight soon joining in, their laughter filling the library. They eventually stopped and Twilight looked Luna in the eyes, wanting to kiss her so badly.

"W-we should really be getting ready for the party" Twilight stuttered, and Luna smiled that devilish smile that made Twilight automatically blush.

"Well, you are the one on top" she said with a chuckle, and Twilight blushed an exceedingly deep shade of crimson for what seemed to be the umpteenth time that evening. Twilight clambered off of the Princess and helped her up.

"I'll, uh, I'll be in the shower. I won't be long" she said quickly before disappearing up the stairs. Luna went to say something before she stopped. She sighed and sat down, wondering if she had been too forward with the young mare. She was, for all intents and purposes, innocent to the ways of the world, and she had just been, well, an outrageous flirt.

She scoffed at herself and lay back on the couch, letting her head rest on the back of it. She heard the sound of running water from the staircase and idly turned her head towards it.


Twilight sighed deeply and let the warm water cascade down her body, shaking her head to clear the images of Luna splayed out on the floor before her, her mane lying around and framing her perfect face, that grin that set her blood aflame and those eyes, once holding innocent compassion, were then filled with something that Twilight could only describe as lust.

She sighed as she felt the soothing waters take away her worries, washing them away with any dirt from the forest down the drain. She just stood for a few minutes, hooves braced against the wall as the waters hit the base of her neck and travelled into her mane, matting it to her face in silky waves, much like a waterfall cascading down an amethyst cliff face.

But then, they were replaced by the issue of the mare downstairs. The strong, confident, flirtatious mare who had her flustered to the point where she could barely speak.
Two days ago it was hard to imagine Princess Luna kissing her, let alone lusting after her and flirting so blatantly. Twilight shuddered and thought, allowing her mind to become clouded with the images of the Princess kissing her tenderly as she gently pressed her back onto a silky mattress at the castle in Canterlot...

She shook her head and blushed deeply, switching the setting of the shower to 'Cold' and grabbing for the shampoo and shower gel, levitating them in her soft magi field, applying some shampoo in her hooves, she reared up to her hind legs and massaged the shampoo into her soft mane, letting her hooves gently massage her scalp.

She sighed and forgot her troubles yet again, allowing the scent of the lavender shampoo to transport her to a field filled with the purple plant.

Had she not been lost in the massage, she would have heard the door open. She might have noticed the shower curtain open. She might have noticed the presence beside hers sooner. As it happens the only warning she got was a pair of hooves stroking along her own, now buried within her own mane. Her eyes flew open and she wheeled around, coming face to face with a smiling Luna.

"Hello Twilight" she said, and Twilight's mouth hung open.

"Luna! I'm taking a shower here!" she said, blushing deeply and trying to cover herself up, causing Luna to chuckle.

"Yes I know, and I felt, rather than wait and risk running late for the party, I could, how shall I put this... share the water?" she said with that smile, oh Celestial Divines that smile! She felt herself blushing just seeing it. Luna's hooves moved and combed through her mane and spread the shampoo.

"But first, that water is really cold, let's 'heat it up'" she whispered, and giggled as Twilight sighed deeply, Luna leaned over her, pressing her closer against the stream as she turned the tap and warmed the water up. Their bodies fitted together like pieces of a puzzle, and Luna's hooves were weaving their magic on her mane so expertly, Twilight's legs buckled as she stood there.

Twilight's eyes fluttered closed at the gentle ministrations of Luna's gentle hooves, the water created a relaxing background static as her hooves caressed her and gave her the best and first scalp massage in her life. Twilight couldn't suppress a gentle sigh, which turned into low mumbling as those hooves, oh those magical hooves, began to move down her neck, gently massaging her.

The hooves moved from her neck to her shoulders, rubbing and kneading the knots out of them. Luna levitated the shower gel over to her and squeezed some over her shoulders, spreading it over her fur, moving down her chest, working it into Twilight's soft coat, eliciting slight gasps and subtle moans from her lips. Luna worked her hooves over her chest and stomach, the water washing over her back as she stood on her hind legs.

Luna leaned down and whispered in her ear "turn around" and Twilight did, baring her back to the Princess and letting the water hit her front, washing away the shower gel. Luna's hooves repeated the movements, starting in her mane; washing out the shampoo and making Twilight's head roll from side to side.

Luna smiled as Twilight let out another sigh, and once her mane was free of the shampoo, Luna's hooves trailed down her neck and across her shoulders spreading the shower gel over her back, gently kneading the soft muscles. Twilight let out a hearty moan as her hooves hit a sore spot on her shoulder that she pulled when she fell off the couch with Luna.

Luna washed her back with care and devotion, leaning in to plant a kiss on her neck, brushing away her mane as she did so. A hoof went around her front and pulled Twilight close to her own body. Luna was now caught in the stream of water, her mane losing its ethereal movements and laying down the side of her face in rivulets of midnight blue.
The contours and curves of Twilight's body were now snuggled against Luna's, who was now rubbing her hooves across Twilight's chest seductively, making her moan again.

Luna smiled as she kissed her neck and pulled her even closer to her, one of her hooves rubbing down her stomach. Twilight half wanted to stop her, but wherever her hooves touched, it left a trail of fire on her nerves. She was biting her lip, trying to keep herself from grinding herself into Luna.

Luna leaned in close and whispered her name into her ear, "Twilight..." and then again, quite loudly "Twilight!"

Twilight jolted and came back to reality, finding a hoof on her stomach, and the other on her neck where 'Luna' had been kissing. She looked around, finding herself alone in the shower, and Luna called her name again.

"Twilight? Are you alright? You've been in the shower for quite some time now" she called up the stairs, and Twilight blushed like a beet red tomato as she realized she had been fantasizing the whole thing. She realized the water was still cold, and she was shivering. She shut off the water and got out, calling to Luna shakily.

"Y-yes, I'm fine, I'll just... just be a minute" she dried herself quickly and leaned on the doorframe, sighing and rubbing her eyes with a hoof. It had felt so real, so very real.

Twilight was blushing again, and nearly resorted to slapping herself with her hoof, but
simply shook her head to dispel the last of the images, she walked out of the bathroom, and collided with a very real Luna, who 'oofed' and smiled at her.

"Ah so you are finally done, I was about to come in and see if you were alright" she said with a gentle, compassionate smile, which promptly disappeared. "I also wanted to apologize for my behaviour earlier, when I..." she cleared her throat "Flirted with you, I realize I may have been a bit forward, and I want to make it up to you" she finished with another smile, motioning for her to go into the bedroom.

Twilight blushed and did so, standing in the doorway, looking around 'I am in my bedroom. Alone. With Luna. Trying not to see this as an implication or a metaphor' she thought with warming cheeks. If anymore blood went to her head she was sure she would pass out.

Luna passed her and picked up a brush from the vanity, motioning her head for her to sit, which she did, sitting at the desk and placing her hooves on it. Luna set the brush in her mane and drew it along the strands, straightening them and letting it fall down her neck gracefully. The mane brushing was over very quickly and Luna placed a hoof through it once more time and sighed appreciatively.

"Ah, I think I have done a good job, do you not think so to?" she asked her, and Twilight nodded her head, looking at her freshly brushed mane, feeling even to her like freshly spun silk. She smiled as she touched it. It wasn't different than her normal style, but Luna ha somehow managed to make it so the pink strip was somehow wavy, ever so slightly, but it was a nice touch.

Luna kissed her cheek.

"I am going to have quick shower and then we can get going" She said with a smile and walked away. Twilight watched her flanks as they swayed away out the door, before thumping her head on the vanity.

It's gonna be a long night...