• Published 18th Apr 2020
  • 5,182 Views, 79 Comments

Stay Together, No Matter What - Mister E-Nonymous



After a tragic accident with a couple parents, a young boy and his baby sister try to run away, and nearly get severely hurt. But it was up to one pony to make a tough decision when the two human children came to Equestria.

  • ...
5
 79
 5,182

Chapter 2: Construction and Mood Swings

Author's Note:

Sorry this chapter took so long. I was trying to hard on trying to figure out how this chapter was going to go. I hope that you all are okay with how long this was taking.

Chapter 2: Construction and Mood Swings


(Rarity's Point of View)

It's been ad least a week since I became pregnant and took Cody in. This past week, my tummy was getting a little bit more bigger, but I cannot argue with the result. This is supposed to be a pregnancy, after all.

My mother and father were informed on this predicament immediately, but they would be able to help me through what I'm gonna be going through. They even helped pay for some baby supplies and furniture. There are ponies working on construction on the second floor. Of course, we're also going to have to do some expansion on the first floor for a good support on the second floor.

I also had some books on taking care of foals and what to expect when I'm pregnant. In the time I've been pregnant, my friends have been coming to check on me. Usually, when I'm bored, I usually work on designing my next outfit. It was a little bit distracting when I had some symptoms.

Sometimes, Fluttershy comes in to check on me. She sees my designs and asked, "Did you draw these outfits yourself?"

"Yes, I did," I told her. "Although, it is hard for me to work on them with the foal on the way."

"I can understand that," said Fluttershy. "How is... Cody taking it?"

"Well," I told her, "he has been a little bit traumatized these past few days. But I'm sure that he'll get adjusted to here. Just like Alex and Danny did. Although, Alex had a little trouble adjusting to change of body and... gender."

"Yes," said Fluttershy. "But, at least she is coping with it." She then thought about it and asked, "How are you taking it? You're not really working because you need to rest until a few weeks after the baby is born."

"Oh, I know!" I whined. "I just can't wait a while for me to give birth to this foal!"

"I'm sure that you'll be able to wait a while for the baby to be born," Fluttershy said. "I just know that you will be a good parent. Not just to that child, but to Cody as well." I then lowered my head in shame. Fluttershy seemed to notice and asked, "You have... gotten the proper paper work to adopt him. Didn't you?"

"Ugh!" I groaned. "I was going to yesterday, but Twilight didn't want me to get too much exercise during my pregnancy. I even had to stop my spa days until my pregnancy is done."

"Oh, I know that," said Fluttershy. "I'm sure that you'll be able to come back to our weekly spa day. You just need to rest and try not to do so much when you're going through pregnancy."

"But it's sooo frustrating!" I whined. "I have a lot of designs to make, but I cannot even get started on them!"

"I know," said Fluttershy. "But this is something we have to go on with. You know, I heard that there are things worth waiting for."

"I heard that before," I told her. "But it's way too hard with the pain this pregnancy. I don't wanna wait a while for my fashion to continue."

"I'm sure that you'll be able to get back to work as soon as the pregnancy is over," said Fluttershy. "I'm going upstairs to check on the progress."

"Oh," I said. "You mind if I join you? I should really check on things for the construction."

"Well," Fluttershy said, "it is your home. You should at least take it easy." I then stood up, and Fluttershy pulled be in with her wing, and the two of us headed upstairs. We headed towards the halls where the construction ponies were still working on the rooms for Cody and Flora. One room, which was near Sweetie Belle's room, was reserved for Cody. I looked inside and saw the ponies finishing up his room.

I came into the room and saw that the room was finished. I then walked up to Cody and then one construction pony said, "Okay. This room is finished. We were about to do some painting on the walls, but we were wondering if there are any colors the colt would like."

"Interesting idea," I told him. "Although, I would like to see his interest in colors. What is your favorite color, Cody?"

"Well," said Cody. "I actually like three colors the best. Red, Green and Blue. I learned that all three of those colors make up every color in the world."

"Ooh," I said. "That is true. Especially in the comic books and video games at the arcade."

"Wait," said Cody. "There's a video arcade?"

"Oh, yes," I said. "I didn't even know you were interested in those things. But now, focus on the coloring of the room."

"I'm going to think on that," said Cody. "Well, I like something green in color."

That made me gasp and said, "GREEN?! Why in Equestria would you ever want any green here?!"

"Umm..." said Cody, nervously.

The construction worker leaned his head down and said, "Rarity has a huge sense of fashion. But this, either it's her sense of fashion or mood swings."

"What if I choose a very light shade of green?" Cody asked.

"Well..." I said, putting a hoof to my chin. "I guess that a certain shade of green would do. Mind if I see all the green paint colors."

"I so happen to have a book of colors to choose," he said. He then set the book down in front of us and we looked through it.

"I'm gonna have to see what colors are available," I said.

"I was wanting a color of grass green," said Cody. "It'll make me feel like I'm at a family reunion with my family. We took a rental RV from Detroit to Yosemite."

"Yosemite?" I asked. "What is that?"

"It's a national park," said Cody. "A huge place that is full of nature, and beautiful sights. I'm just gonna be upset that I'll never get to see my family again."

"Well, I'm suppose that I should consider on making it a color that you're comfortable with," I told Cody. "But, I might have a few problems with the colors. But, it might be the mood swings that'll come in due to pregnancy."

"I'm sure that things will get tough," said Cody. "Mom said that pregnancy is a long and painful part of life to grow through, but the ending is worth it."

"I guess that's true," I told him. "But, it might be a little difficult for me to accept this, but for a small little bundle to be born, again, I would never want to throw away such an opportunity to keep a small child alive."

"I'm sure that mom and dad will understand what's happening," Cody said. "Even, if they aren't alive anymore."

I then used my magic and pulled him in for a hug. He started sniffling. I then told him, "It's okay, Cody. I'm sure your parents will be happy for you. No matter where you are, or what you are."

"I do miss them," said Cody.

"I know, darling," I told him. "I know. But your parents would want you to be strong young... er... man, I believe?"

"It's man," said Cody.

I sighed in relief. I then picked him up in my magic and then I felt my stomach groan. I then said, "How about we go out for lunch after we choose the color?"

"Okay," said Cody. "I'm gonna have to get used to the area."

"Indeed, darling," I told him. "You're going to have to get used to all of this."

Cody then looked at the colors of green. After that, we went out for lunch. At Sugarcube Corner, we met up with the others. Luckily, Pinkie had made us all a vegetarian spaghetti meal for all of us. Luckily, it was satisfying for the unborn baby that's in my stomach at the moment.

Cody is getting along with Danny and Alex, and I would gladly want him to make some more friends around his age. I'm going to have to get Cody ready for school. But it might be a little hard for me to do with the pregnancy.

"So, Rarity," Twilight said, "are you going to be okay, handling not just your sister, but a colt and an upcoming filly?"

"Well, I suppose I am going to need some help," I told her.

"We can have your back, Rarity," said Pinkie Pie, refilling my bowl. "Don't worry about it. We'll help you out whenever you need help. If you need something to eat, I can make you what you need."

"If you need some company, we'll be able to be there if you need it," said Twilight.

"I would appreciate that, darling," I told them. "Thank you all for this."

"I would also like to help you get Cody registered into class," Twilight said. "You might be a little distracted when registering him."

"Thank you," I told Twilight. "But, right now, how about we just enjoy the day."

Pinkie then turned her head towards the door and saw a new pony come in. She then said, "Hey. Isn't that the pony who took advantage of your generosity and tried making her own fashion line out of the fabric you made?"

"WHAT?!" I shouted, then looked towards the door. I couldn't believe who I was seeing. t was the pony who tried taking my fashion style and keeping it for herself. Suri Polomare. She walked over to us.

"Well, well, well," she said. "If it isn't miss goody two hooves, Rarity. I never thought you would be in this backwater town."

"What are you doing here, Suri," I said to her, upset.

"I'm here for some business opportunity," said Suri Polomare. "I'm planning on making a profit on buying a building here to expand my business. I'm planning on buying the rundown boutique known as Carousel Boutique."

That made all of us gasp. Then I got really angry. "HOW DARE YOU?!" I shouted. "Carousel Boutique is my business! Not to mention my home! You're planning on taking my home! I don't think so!"

"Oh, please," said Suri. "You have no right to call yourself a seamstress. Basically, you're just a copycat who's been stealing my designs and selling them first."

"Says the pony who took advantage of my generosity and made her own clothes out of them!" I shouted at her. I was stomping towards her. "You have no right to call yourself a seamstress for taking advantage of ponies for their styles, and you have them do all of the work and you take all the credit! You're a phony!" I saw how she was looking. That was the face of fear. I then stood back and said, "I don't ever want you near me, my businesses, or my home ever again."

Suri then stood tall, headed towards the door and said, "This isn't over. I will have your business for myself. And, I'll have ponies force you to vacate that building you call a home once I have all the paperwork filled out." She then left. I then took some deep breaths.

"I have no idea what has gotten into me," I said. "I haven't been that angry for a while."

"It's okay, Rarity," said Twilight. "It's a part of the pregnancy. Mood swings."

"But Suri is planning on taking my companies," I said. "I can't lose them. I just opened up my business in Manehattan."

"We'll help you out with whatever we can," said Rainbow Dash. "In fact, if anypony tries messing with your business, we'll make sure that they'll regret it."

"I'll send a letter to Princess Celestia about this upcoming predicament," said Twilight. "She'll make sure that Suri Polomare will not take away your business."

"Thank you, Twilight," I said. "I don't know what I would do without my business."

"We won't let that happen, Rarity," Spike said. He then pulled out a parchment and quill and said, "Ready when you are, Twilight."

"Okay, Spike," Twilight said. She then covered her mouth and cleared her throat and said, "Dear Princess Celestia..."