• Published 18th Apr 2020
  • 5,085 Views, 79 Comments

Stay Together, No Matter What - Mister E-Nonymous



After a tragic accident with a couple parents, a young boy and his baby sister try to run away, and nearly get severely hurt. But it was up to one pony to make a tough decision when the two human children came to Equestria.

  • ...
5
 79
 5,085

Chapter 9: Home Alone: Part 1 (Preparing the Defenses)

Chapter 9: Home Alone: Part 1 (Preparing the Defenses)


(Third Person Point of View)

Solar Eclipse was driving across the country to get to Seattle, Washington. As soon as he got the location of where the kids and Rarity were, thanks to the magical aura that Rarity and Cody have, they headed off towards them.

"Seattle?" asked Sunset. "That's a weirdly specific name for a city here in this world."

"I know, right?" asked Pinkie Pie. "When I met Alex, she was really scared of where she was. She wanted to get back to Seattle and I thought she meant Seaddle." She then chuckled.

"Trying to leave out the part that Alex used to be a boy?" asked Twilight.

"Seriously?!" asked Sunset. "That kid, Alex, used to be a boy?!"

"My fault," said Solar Eclipse. "The kid was almost dead when I sent him-slash-her to Equestria."

"Sheesh," said Sunset. "That sounded almost as bad as when my little brother barely got into Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns."

"I didn't know you had a little brother," said Twilight.

"Yeah," said Sunset. "He's a year and a half younger than me, and I helped him as much as I could... until the... incident."

"The mirror?" asked Applejack.

"Yep," said Sunset.

"Oh, what's your brother's name?" Fluttershy asked. She then covered her face with her hair and said, "If you don't mind me asking."

"Oh," said Sunset. "I don't mind. Anyway, my brother's name is Sunburst."

"Sunburst?!" exclaimed all the other girls.

"Wait, you all know him?" asked Sunset.

"We all met him at the Crystal Empire," said Twilight. "And, my friendship student, Starlight Glimmer, she used to be a foalhood friend of him. Until he was going to the School for Gifted Unicorns."

"How did he do when I was gone?" asked Sunset. "Did he do alright without me?"

"He..." Twilight started, but then chuckled nervously. "He... flunked... miserably. He didn't exactly know what to do then."

"Oh," said Sunset. "Remind me to visit my brother when we get back. I wanna go to him and apologize for bailing on him."

"That's a good call, sugarcube," said Applejack. "Y'all should go over to the Crystal Empire and see how he's doin'. Perhaps do some bonding time with him to catch up."

"Yeah," said Sunset. "I should one of these days. Hopefully he's okay."

"I'm sure he'll forgive you if you just go over to him and talk to him," said Twilight. "But right now, we have to focus. Rarity, Cody, Danny and Alex need our help."

"If that lady and her husband are as bad as you say they are," Sunset said, "then we should hurry and stop them before they can get their plan in motion."

"I just hope that Danny will be alright," said Rainbow Dash. "I'm supposed to keep Danny safe. No way I'm gonna let some sinister couple of humans take him away and forces him to do things he doesn't want to do."

"No one should ever do that to our kids!" shouted Pinkie Pie.

"How long until we get there, Solar Eclipse?" asked Twilight.

"It'll be a long drive there," said Solar Eclipse. "But it would be shorter if we took an airplane. But airports need some ID for you to get onto a plane. It usually takes weeks or months for the ID to be finished. Which we don't have time."

"You're right about that," said Twilight.

"But to answer your question, it'll take about two-to-three days for us to get to Seattle, Washington," said Solar Eclipse. "I just hope that they can take care of themselves."

"Rarity might not be much help," said Fluttershy. "She's pregnant and can't do much right now."

"Yeah," said Twilight. "I hope she's okay."


Seattle, Washington...

(Rarity's Point of View)

The kids and I were about to leave the park, but I wasn't as fast as they were. With me having a baby being born soon, I couldn't move that much. Although, the man from Witness Protection came back in a white car.

"Alright, ma'am," said the man, getting out of the car. He then opened up the front seat door for me, and he led me inside. The kids got into the back seat. "Let's get you to the safe house."

"Where is the safe house?" asked Alex.

"That, little girl, is actually across the street from an old orphanage that went under almost three years ago," said the man. "It's known as..."

"God's Orphanage for Hopeful Children?" Alex asked.

"Yes," said the man. "How do you know of that orphanage?"

"I... grew up in that orphanage," said Alex.

"Well, it ain't pretty from when you left it, kid," said the man.

"How bad did it crumble?" I asked. "For Alex's sake."

"Have any of you seen Home Alone 2: Lost in New York?" asked the man.

"I've seen it," said Danny. "Haven't seen it since... well..."

"Since you were sent to your aunt and uncle who saw you as more of a slave than a family member?" asked Cody.

"My mom was disowned by the rest of the family," said Danny. "They cared about being rich more than being a normal family. My mom cared about being happy and wanted to do some fun things. That was until she and my dad were killed by my aunt and uncle."

"What was your aunt's maiden name?" asked the man.

"She kept her maiden name," said Danny. "Natasha Regal."

"Is your grandma's name Margaret Regal?" asked the man.

"It is," said Danny. "Why?"

"Well... she passed away about five years ago," said the man. "At least now, there's less worry. But, you all won't be safe for long."

"How are we going to get those criminals back into custody?" I asked. "I can't do much."

"Wait a minute," said Cody. "Home Alone. We could set up traps in that old orphanage, and have the bad guys think we're hiding out in there."

"And we'll set up a lot of security cameras at where the traps will be sprung," said the man. "You're a genius, kid. Let's get going. We got a lot of things to do."

We then pulled up to a small house across the street from the orphanage that Alex grew up at when she was a boy. The man helped me inside the house. The place was already set up with some furniture, and I'll head out to get you all some groceries."

"Thank you, darling," I said. "I just hope that we'll be able to stop those ruffians."

"They are ruffians on a whole other level," said the man. He led me to the front door, and he unlocked it. He then led me to the couch, and the kids came up to me. "Now, all of you stay here until I come back with food and what we need to stiffen up the bad guys. If there's more needed, we'll just have to improvise and use the environment around the old orphanage."

"Good idea," said Alex. "In all of the Home Alone movies, the kid always uses his environment. It might be best to use what we can around there."

"Alright" said the man. "I'll be back. You all stay here. I'll be back as soon as I can with all the stuff. I should probably get the food last so it won't get spoiled."

"Good call," I said. "It's better not spoiled." The man then left the house and got into his car. I just hope that the criminals will be stopped. Or at least, the kids would be able to slow him down.


Three Hours Later...

(Cody's Point of View)

Danny, Alex, the man from Witness Protection and I were setting up traps for later. When the guy came in with power tools, dumbbells, a car battery charger, video cameras and walkie talkies, we were confused at first, but then we thought about the Home Alone movies. We also had to put in some traps that were never used in the Home Alone movies.

Mom stayed in the safe house across the street. The man from Witness Protection set up hidden cameras to plant all over the house. Luckily, we got the cameras connected to the TV in the safe house. And for some reason, I was imagining this song playing as we were setting up the traps:

When we finished, we headed back into the safe house. The man got us some pizza from Alex's old favorite pizza place. Flying Squirrel Pizza Co. I had to say, it was really good. Even mom thought so. We got here an Extra Large Vegetarian Pizza just for her since she's eating for two. We have to wait for the bad guys to come and find us.

"This is very good pizza, Alex," said Mom. "Good thinking of making a recommendation."

"Indeed," said the man from Witness Protection. "I would have to figure out how those pizza guys make this pizza so good."

"My adoptive mother tried making some pizza," said Alex. "It was just as good as this pizza. It was a close second, but it was still good."

"Oh," Mom said. "It would seem that Flora is wanting to come out, soon."

"Flora?" asked the man from Witness Protection. "Is that the name of your baby? How would you even know it's a girl?"

"Oh... we have our ways of knowing," said Mom. She then put a hand to her stomach. "Ooh. She's wanting out."

"I'll be sure to contact the paramedics to come and pick you up if your water breaks," said the man from Witness Protection. The more he spoke, he sounded... familiar.

"So, how long until we can come out of hiding?" asked Danny.

"Depends," said the man. "It'll depend on whether or not they will come for you or if they have been apprehended. I'm sure you all will be safe here until then. You better prepare." He then got up, and he handed Rarity the keys to the house. "Stay inside. Not until it's time to come back out."

We all nodded. Hopefully, we might have Danny's evil aunt and uncle, and those other criminals put behind bars for good.


Somewhere in the Sky

(Third Person Point of View)

In an airplane, Natasha, Reginald, and the three other convicts were flying towards Seattle. Natasha was giving off a sinister look, making sure that she will not fail this time.

"You better not try anything, Daniel," said Natasha. "You and your friends will be nothing but tools to get us rich again."


Somewhere in South Dakota...

Solar Eclipse, Twilight Sparkle and her friends are staying in a hotel at the moment. They came into a hotel room to rest for the night.

"This is going to be some rescue mission," said Rainbow Dash. "If I would be able to fly, I would be there in 10 seconds."

"It won't be that easy," said Solar Eclipse. "Seattle is over 2,000 miles from Nashville. You wouldn't even be there in 10 minutes. 4 hours maybe, but I don't think you have the endurance to make it that far."

"That sounds about right," said Twilight. "But we really should be going there together. I know you're worried about Danny and Rarity. We all are. We're all at our best when we work together."

"I have to agree with that, Rainbow Dash," said Sunset. "We all have to work together to save Rarity and those kids. You're strong by yourself, but you're stronger with friends by your side."

"Huh," said Rainbow Dash. "Now that you put it that way, I guess you make a point."

"Yeah, Dashie," said Pinkie Pie. "We did so many things together that nopony could ever ever ever ever do alone. Like when we first battled Nightmare Moon, or Discord, or the Changelings, or King Sombra, or Tirek, or Starlight Glimmer. There are some things that we couldn't do on our own."

"Pinkie... makes a good point," said Fluttershy. "We all have to get to them before something bad happens."

"Otherwise, it'll be too late," said Solar Eclipse. "We shall leave at 6 AM tomorrow. Set the alarm clocks to 5:30. We're going to need to head out as soon as we can."

They all nodded in agreement. They were going to need all what they need rest for the continuing travel to Seattle. This would be one long trip for the seven of them.

Author's Note:

Sorry this took too long. Had a hard time coming up with what to go with.