• Published 19th Apr 2020
  • 9,624 Views, 78 Comments

Just a Bartender - ThatWritingDragon



When you get displaced to a rather colourful world as a sociopathic ex-Yakuza who can control matter, you really don't have alot of jobs. Stuck as a cafe owner in a ponyland, read as he suffers because he doesn't know the social norm.

  • ...
40
 78
 9,624

2- Filling in the blanks


2
Filling in the Blanks


My time in Equestria was hard for the first few months. Especially since I was bombarded with the memories of a man so different from me. The saddest thing was, I didn't even notice that I was affected by such an action.

I simply just thought that waking up in horse land was normal much to my obvious confusion before beginning my plans of settling in.

It was subtle, a slow process that I hadn’t even noticed until it was nearly too late. If I remembered correctly, it was when I was searching for someone who could make me a believable identification in this new world of mine.

It was hard at first, with me being a rather tall creature to their usual pony height of three to four ft stature. So I had to make a disguise. Now, the usual shapeshifter would probably steal a book about the anatomy of ponies and I did just that with a few differences.

You see, I didn't just steal a book about anatomy. I also stole someone on the way, I didn't notice anything wrong with it at first. After all, it was helping me with my situation and wouldn’t that be such an honour?

(The disgusting animal should be happy that he was used for such a greater purpose.)

Nothing was wrong with me opening up its body as it started to scream and thrash around. Nothing was wrong when I plucked out one of its eyes and took samples of its skin and fur to see if I could fully imitate it. Nothing was wrong when I had to pull one of its hooves in front of the clearly terrified and alive pony.

Nothing was wrong because I was apparently so used to it.

(Of course I was used to it, it was something I had to get used to. It’s what happens when you work for the ██████)

I didn’t even realise that it was wrong. I didn’t realise it when the creature had died due to shock. I didn’t realise it when I buried its body and left with no evidence as if it was an everyday thing. I didn’t realise it a week later when I finally managed to get an identification for my pony form. I didn’t realise it when I had opened my bar and managed to finally get a steady supply of money.

I realised it when a filly came into my shop to ask if I had seen her dad. I realised it when she gave me pictures showcasing the smiling, living face of the pony I had killed with my own bare hands just a few weeks ago. I realised it when the mother had come in and said to the hopeful smiling child that ‘Daddy’s just busy with work honey, he’ll come home soon.’ before grumbling about adventurous colts and ordering a drink.

I realised it when the mother had to explain to the killer of her husband that she was worried, that she and her herd had missed her husband and that she hoped that he was okay because he was supposed to come home a few weeks ago.

I realised that I just took someone from their family. I realised that what I did affected people but it never truly hit me until a month later when I read the latest newspaper. It never struck me until I saw those bolded lines stating the founding of the body of a dead father.

DEAD STALLION FOUND AND IDENTIFIED

As I read the page detailing the information available for the public, I didn't know what to think. I knew that they wouldn’t be able to tie the murder to me nor could they blame it on any other creature, not with how clean and precise I was basically leaving no trace. A few days later, the same mother came back with a brittle smile along with a solemn child.

I realised that I changed when I started to comfort the mare and her child. To the naked eye, most people would think that I was being a good guy. After all I was just a simple worker stepping out of work to comfort a grieving parent and wife but that was far from the truth because who would you place as the suspect?

The one that clearly shows that they care and are affected? Or the one that isn’t bothered?

Yeah, I thought so.

I knew that I was in the wrong, that I've changed because I realised that everything was now evaluated by their worth. Everything isn’t about how they are good to society or to others, it’s about how good they are to me.

And I was fine with that.

Now I know you’re probably asking what does Princess Luna have to do with anything? Well you see, after that rather unfortunate incident. With how much I apparently didn’t care, you’d think that I’d sleep with no remorse. That I'd sleep soundly as I'm nothing was wrong.

Well, that was half correct. You see, a small tiny part of me -the one that isn’t an emotionless sociopath- was still normal. So whenever I am just casually working my way through my job and I see something that reminds me of what I've done, that tiny part of me decided to whine and cry and be sad. It was annoying but it proved that I wasn't completely an asshole.

This small part of me decided to let itself loose in my dreams, making me wake up with harsh breaths and pain ringing through my head.

This brought the attention of our resident dream walker/guardian, Princess Luna. Because apparently such distressing emotions was a big deal around here, especially since it was from a stallion.

Did I forget to say that this world's flipped? Apparently due to some bullshit about sex ratio; Stallions or creatures with a dick were the minority, making mares or any creatures with a vagina to take the reins and lead due to the sheer amount of them.

If I had only known this fact, then maybe I wouldn’t be dragged into this whole mess.

Author's Note:

a bit of filler but i updated?? I wanted to showcase how Kai even got into this situation, show how he's adjusting and everything.

Comments ( 13 )

well I've been waiting for an update for a long time, now that one came out I reread everything ... and well I think you should change the way Kai reveals himself, look for another circumstance, again however I think you should change the time, moment in which it passes the story, you could do basically the same thing, that he owns an inn, bartender and doctor at the time when both Moon and Celestia just founded equestria, with the peculiarity of Kai Basically it can become eternal, I don't know, I suppose that although I like how it starts, as a bartender and its interactions with the characters, the progress after that moment feels bad, hahaha well it's just my opinion, thanks for the chapter, if more come, I'll read them !! !

10515005
Thank you for the thoughts, i appreciate them. This is a rewrite after all, so how some things came to be from a few months ago wouldn't be the same in these new chapters. I just started writing then but since i got some experience now, i can take it how i want it without accidentally diving into a cliche.

All I want to do now is listen to the song sociopath.

Please tell me there's an update soon this story is actually really good or at least I like it I don't watch my hero I've never watched my hero academia but I'm willing to read even if I haven't watched it

10676219
It's gonna probably be another month maybe. Quality stories are slow to update. And it was updated somewhat recently.

Have you tried the story.

Maleficus Victoria Tome One: The Age of Crusades
It's another quality story. Maybe something to read while this is still waiting on its update.

This is great need more!

Nice, would love an update.

I know you probably have a lot Of life situations to deal with but I have to wonder in all the hectic chaos that life can bring do you even plan on updating this ?

Login or register to comment