• Published 19th Apr 2020
  • 9,609 Views, 78 Comments

Just a Bartender - ThatWritingDragon



When you get displaced to a rather colourful world as a sociopathic ex-Yakuza who can control matter, you really don't have alot of jobs. Stuck as a cafe owner in a ponyland, read as he suffers because he doesn't know the social norm.

  • ...
40
 78
 9,609

Old chapters from 1 to interlude

Author's Note:

Old Chapters from before the rewrite, if you don't want spoilers then don't read this.

1- Night
A pale man of narrow build with short, auburn hair was seen getting up from his bed. His eyes are narrowed in slight exhaustion, their irises the same shade as gold, the man rubbed it with a hand as an effort to wake up much quicker.

He stretched and laid down a bunch of clothes, a simple grey button-up, a white tie along with a pair of hoof cloth gloves. The man looked at the time for a moment and with his palm on his chest, a grotesque squishing sound was heard along with a burst and the man shifted.

From the burst, a tall and lanky earth pony stallion emerged, his mane and tail are still auburn but his coat was tanned, basically a darker shade of his skin. The stallion stumbled for a moment before quickly straightening his posture, he opened his eyes and it was the same shade of gold as before, his left ear had three studs embedded on them and it flicked as he placed on his clothes.

The stallion flexed his body, practising some moves as he made his way downstairs. The floor downstairs was spacious, circular tables dotted around the middle of the room with enough space to weave through them, around the corners were much bigger with corner tables for larger groups.

It looked like a good place for a date or to go and relax during a day off.

The stallion grabbed the apron hanging by the door and quickly put it on, with a flick of his hoof the sign hanging on the glass entrance that said 'CLOSED' shifted to the word 'OPEN.'

With that, he went behind the counter and waited.

He didn't need to wait long, especially when he felt that particular sensation that connected to a certain princess of the night quickly appeared and came closer with every second.


Before she retired for the day, Princess Luna the Mistress of the Night had a routine. She would begin by eating her late dinner -for her sister it would be early breakfast- with her sister, then she would retire but during a late-night flight, she found an open shop. Luna was intrigued because it was rather odd for a shop to be open this late and with that in mind she walked inside.

Her eyes scanned the slightly dimmed shop, it felt homely and rather informal and Luna decided that it was acceptable. Her ears flicked to a noise, the noise of the clinking of glass and the smell of coffee was wafting through the room and Luna's opinion of this shop shifted higher, just slightly.

"ART THOU OPEN?" Luna SPOKE, her brow furrowed as she realized that she forgot to speak in 'modern' dialect, she would need to fix that later. Luna expected a janitor just cleaning during the late-night but was rather surprised at the employee-looking stallion. The stallion was tall, a head taller than her, and that was a rather rare sight but she kept it hidden.

"Yep," The stallion spoke, in his hoof was a notepad as he walked towards her. "You going to order?" the stallion stared at her and rose a brow, "and can you keep your voice down? it's rather late and I don't want to have any ponies complain about the noise"

Luna blinked at that statement and nodded, this stallion was blunt. She was surprisingly alright with that, he was polite and the request was rather simple to do. "Very well, is this to thy satisfaction?"

"Yep, thank you for that" The stallion bobbed his head and with his hoof, he held a pencil and in the other a notepad. "What would you like to order?"

Luna looked behind him and found the menu, she raised a brow when she saw various alcoholic substances along with simple beverages along with some simple snacks that her sister seems so fond of.

"Thou sells alcohol?" she inquired, for a place that looked like a cafe, it was rather surprising to see that this place sells that kind of substance.

"Uh-huh, you going to order one?" he answered, Luna shook her head no and focused on the stallion. He had a brown apron with the words 'Kai' stitched on the side. Luna tilted her head to the side at that, a rather unusual name.

"Is Kai thy name?"

"Yep, Chisaki Kai. I'll leave you alone since it looked like you just wanted to browse. Just call me over when you got what you want-"

"We would like a cookie" interrupted Luna, she quickly realised that was rude and was about to apologize but stopped when the stallion simply waved it off.

"Sure, that would just be two bits. Just give me a few minutes to heat it up" With that note, the stallion walked behind the counter, brought out a cookie and placed it in an oven. Chisaki Kai brought out a cup and started to mix something, perhaps the stallion was making himself a drink?

After some time of comfortable silence, the stallion -now standing upright by standing on his hindlegs, really impressive balance and Luna was glad the apron covered his genitalia. It would be rude of her if she stared - walked up to her and placed down a steaming mug and a cookie. Luna stared at the mug and turned to the stallion, was he perhaps scamming her?

"The drink's on the house, since you are my first customer and all that. Thank you for being my first" The stallion smiled while rubbing his nape and Luna couldn't stop the rapid blush from growing on her face, this was the first time she was thanked since her return. Luna held the warm cup with her hooves and realized that she felt just as warm as the drink. "I've noticed that it's rather late and I thought that maybe you were about to sleep, so I made you some warm chocolate milk with cream on top since it always helps me sleep and I thought you would enjoy it"

The stallion looked bashful as he stood there.

Luna looked at the drink and on top was a smiley face and Luna couldn't help but smile back, "We thank thou for thy generosity, we shall pay thou back one day" she promised, it was the mare's job to give and it was rather surprising for a stallion to do so. A good surprise, the kind of surprise that Luna liked.

The stallion chuckled and nodded, "It would pay greatly if you can just come back here when you can"

Luna noticed that she was quickly nodding and her smile widened "Very well!"


2- I Am Who I Am

I like this place.

I actually have a stable job, great customers and a friend who I have daily meetings with.

She's such a bashful lil' pony, adorable too. Had to stop myself from actually booping her and she's so cute when I compliment her. She also really invested in astrology, then again her name is Luna. So it was understandable for her to like stars and the night, and when it was only the two of us, we would go to the roof and do some star-gazing. She really, really knows about her stars and seemed proud whenever I said the night looked beautiful.

Also, Luna told me that the night was controlled by someone, you learn something new every day.

I liked the night sky of this place because compared to Earth, where you can't see anything because of light pollution. Here, you can see everything and it. Looked. Amazing. Kudos to the dude who does the sky because it looks absolutely beautiful.

I told Luna about my opinion -except the fact that I'm from a whole other planet- and she turned red, I got a bit worried because I don't think horses... Er, ponies can blush but Luna waved it off so I guess it was alright. Luna's that shy girl that's a bit sensitive when it comes to her person but is actually really wild and I understand that luckily she wasn't those 'Nice Girls' or else I would've noped the hell outta there.

Apparently, she's slightly insecure because a lot of people kept on focusing on her older sister and not her back then, causing Luna to go full-on teenage angst and after a huge argument got sent to some private school. I slightly wondered just how lonely she must've felt after being sent away from her only family but she turned things around, pulled herself together and here she is.

Chilling with me as I lent her my latest game console with me watching as I sipped my soda. So this place has crappy technology compared to humanity and since I know a lot about computers and a quirk that's really good in disassembling and assembling stuff equals having the ability to make anything from everything.

I have to manually program it of course, which takes some time but nothing I can't do. I've always enjoyed making stuff and the quirk just allowed me to make stuff much easier. Even if said stuff was a rip-off of some game because I don't remember the whole code for the games but luckily when I was sent here, so was my Nintendo Switch and few of my other gadgets.

Luna doesn't have the switch because there is only one of that in this whole planet and I am not risking it breaking. The one Luna is currently using was using a code of something similar to that of retro games that this place has but portable, it’s basically a bulkier version of the PSP with an even crappier Tekken rip-off as the only game.

"NO!" I smiled, but Luna enjoys it so I wasn't complaining. Even if I had to actually stop her from smashing the thing to pieces after losing a match. "This is hax! Chisakiii~" Luna whined, her hooves button mashing the controls as she fought a boss "You did this on purpose didn't you!" she accused, still focused on her game as her hooves flew about trying to do the combos but since she pushed too hard her hoof missed and she lost.

"NOOOOOOOOoooo!! How has somepony of our calibre been taken down by a foul heathen like thee-" I tuned out her rant as she continued to unleash her opinion on the poor gadget.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Luna's 'ye olden times' way of speaking disappeared the more we hanged out but always came out whenever she's showing a lot of emotion, case in point right now. I stood up from my chair and waved goodbye to the last patron, a unicorn mare with pale yellow fur with striped red hair who wears glasses and a black sweater. I then made my way behind the counter and got myself some water, as I was filling my glass my ears perked up when the normal jingling of the bell signalled another customer.

I popped my head out of the counter, similar to that of a magician pulling a bunny out of his hat and only showing the face. I waved at the big white, woah is she big "Gimme a sec! I'll get your order in a bit"

I quickly downed my water and brought my special notepad and pencil, I then made my way to the great white shar- pony. I tilted my head when I realized that we stood eye to eye with me being slightly shorter but I blame that horn of hers, swan looking-.

I quickly gave the usual polite smile while I held my pencil and spoke.

"So what would you like to order? We got today's early special. Which you can get if you order a cup of jasmine tea, get a slice of Strawberry Cheesecake for half the price for just-" I was cut off by Luna who glared at me with fake annoyance, her cheeks slightly puffed in anger.

"Tia will get the special and a whole cake of the same flavour" I blinked at that nickname, I guess big white and lil' blue know each other.

"Alrighty then, that would be fifteen bits" I answered as I quickly wrote down the order and made my way back to the counter. I brought out the cake and the extra slice and quickly made the tea, after checking how my two patrons are. I couldn't stop the raising of my brow as I walked up to them with the order.

Luna quite literally threw a huge bag of bits at my face, to which I caught with my teeth which seemed to have caught their eye. Was something wrong with my teeth? I dropped the bits into the pouch of my apron and waved my goodbye.

They seemed busy and I'd rather not be the odd one out by simply standing there and listening in like some creep.

("If it brings Overhaul closer to his goal, he would use anything and anyone. That's just the kind of man he is")

I flinched and I closed my eyes, no... I'm not like that, I didn't do that, I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't be like Overhaul in this world but I knew, in the back of my mind just how far this body would go. I wondered how the original Overhaul would do if he was here instead of me but I know what he would do.

"You know how this goes, how many times do I have to tell you?"

"It's all your fault, I always have to get my hands dirty because of your selfishness"

"Someone else is going to die because of you! is that what you want!?"

The amount of conditioning he did... I did, sometimes I wondered just who I was. If the life Overhaul lived was false or simply fiction but I knew the truth, it was real in his eyes and it's now real in mine. Just because bits of his life was shown in a screen doesn't mean it’s fake.

I didn't know if I was Overhaul with my old memories or myself with Overhaul's memories but seeing as I'm in Overhaul's body before the adjustments seem to prove the former right. I gritted my teeth as I stiffly made my way behind the counter trying to focus on making my drink.

You can have these thoughts during existential crisis hour, not when you're with a friend.


"So this is the stallion you're seeing" stated Tia' her muzzle deep in her drink as she drank, clearly showcasing how thirsty she is both literally and sensually.

Luna gave a blank look and she sighed, her head shaking side to side in disappointment. Her sister was so dazed when her eyes first laid on Chisaki that she had to order for her, and Luna wondered just how she was able to rule a land if she can't even rule her hormones

"Celly, I love you but please-" Luna grinned and a dark aura appeared around her "-rein in thy hormones because thou art secreting it all over this establishment!" She slammed a hoof at the table, ratling it and Luna secretly hoped she didn't break it "acting like a filly in heat, you're incorrigible" she muttered beneath her breath

Celestia who was calmly sipping her tea -read slurping it down because this is one of the best teas she’s had in a while- subsequently choked on it by what her sister said and blushed.

Celestia with the grace of an embarrassed older sibling, slammed her cup down on the table and tried to hide away from her irate little sister by eating her cake. Celestia nearly cried at the taste, it was as good as the tea and she was stuck in a dilemma; should she eat it in one go or savour the taste? Being a princess truly brings such hard decisions.

"No need to shout it out Lulu," Celestia grumbled, she was glad it was only the two of them in the shop because if it wasn't then there would've been a commotion "I just couldn't help it, did you see that stallion? He had this certain smell and I couldn't stop myself"

Luna's blank face once again returned from its short break and just as she was about to retort, Chisaki came over. Luna glared at her sister hoping that she understood the look as.

'Be a normal pony for once!'

But with how Celestia was busy trying to be a changeling and try to emulate a look similar to that of a goldfish showed just how futile it is and Luna once again sighed.

"Morning, I'm Chisaki Kai" Luna pressed her face on her hooves as her sister continued to embarrass herself by not answering and she was glad that Chisaki didn't seem to notice, "I noticed that you finished your cup, would you like a refill?"

"I would love a fill especially if it's from the source" chirped her sister and Luna shot an even bigger glare, is her sister serious!? Flirting? Celestia was lucky Chisaki was here or else she would've blown up by the audacity, she saw Chisaki first! She has dibs!

"Sure, so what's your name? I noticed that it’s really late, so I’m going to quickly shift this to a To-go cup. That fine with you? Since you're a first customer, you don't need to pay for the cup" Luna peeked from her hooves and rose a brow, she knew that Chisaki was from out of the country but to not know the occupation of her sister? Luna didn't know he was that sheltered, Luna hoped that he wasn't from those controlling herds that thought stallions were much inferior compared to mares.

Celestia agreed by furiously nodding, the pinnacle of royalty acting like some mare in the street. Luna grimaced, how the mighty has fallen.

Luna ignored the thrumming of jealousy filling her body, but she kept it there because she had one thing that her sister did not.

Just as they were about to leave cause her sister had to raise the sun, Luna subtly turned and gave a smile at the owner of the shop. Chisaki gave a grin and an enthusiastic wave, he mouthed something and Luna smiled even brighter not noticing the glint in Celestia's eye as they made their way outside.


I watched calmly as the sisters left, I quickly cleaned the dishes, fixed everything and walked up the stairs. With a twitch of my hand and a burst, I was human once again. I couldn't stop the groan of pain escaping my mouth as I stumbled my way upright, I noticed that I didn't have pants but with a move of my hand, I had the garment on.

I turned a corner and with a flick of my wrist an opening appeared, I walked through and it soon closed behind me. The room was cramped and old and I watched as a light flickered open. There in the middle of the room laid a single creature, it had on a black carapace-like fur-less exterior, a webbed mane and tail, blue reflection-less eyes, fangs, a bent horn, jagged ears, insect-like wings, and holes in its legs.

I grabbed it by the neck and turned its head around, I didn't know who or what kind of creature it was but it had a rather interesting biology. The kind of biology that I want to explore and check out, with a serrated saw in my hand I had a realization.

I am Overhaul and Overhaul is me.

I just hoped Luna wouldn't hate me if she found out.


3- Spitfire

I liked this place.

I sipped my drink and watched the screaming changeling in front of me, it's writhing all for nought since it's strapped down.

So when a bunch of invasive insects decided to try and invade this place, I decided to do some pest control. It's interesting how different their anatomy is compared to a pony's or a human, really intriguing. I thought they would have green blood because of a cliche but it seems that I was proven wrong.

From what I remember transporting oxygen in an insect isn't done by their circulatory system but by their tracheae that permeates their tissues. Basically their whole body is a lung, the problem with this kind of respiratory system is that it doesn't scale that well. If an insect was as large as a human it would be asphyxiated -die from no air.-

Insects don't have haemoglobin -that protein molecule in the red blood cells that carries oxygen from the lungs to the body- because their body doesn't carry oxygen.

When it’s a larger organism, -AKA: a Pony- a closed circulatory system is needed, having that circulatory system serves as an oxygen carrier and if I’m right about the hypothesis that Changelings is from the order Diptera and simply evolved, then their blood colour is completely up in the air and even if their oxygen-carrying proteins are colourless, the pigment would render its colour close to pony blood.

Why is the Changeling screaming? Because I am currently slowly morphing it around. I already found out what it's made of and I can now replicate it if I have the necessary materials, really cool especially when I found out that its skin can harden like muscle but much thicker and durable.

I continued to sip my drink as the screams turned silent and only silent screaming was heard, seems like it may have stretched its vocal cords a bit too much. I flicked my hand and the Changling is now in its original form, I leaned over it. My eyes gleaming in slight interest as it stared up to me in fear, a grin began to grow.

About time.

"H- how..." it spoke, the voice was androgynous. Not too feminine and not too masculine, interesting... I'll have to check how that works next time. "How does... a male... like you, do this?" The insect seems out of breath and I rose a brow at that statement, sounds rather sexist.

"Magic" I stated bluntly, in a world like this, it’s an actual fact. A fact that I abused a lot because I'm too lazy to explain like some cheap villain who kept on ranting about their plan.

I made the table face my direction, in an instant, the Changeling attempted to lunge at me. I rose a brow because it seemed to have forgotten the strap around its neck, I clicked my tongue when the insect crashed back to the table with a heavy 'THUD!'

You would think with enough conditioning it would back down but I was wrong, I simply sighed. Just remember Chisaki, you're doing this for info. Remember the fact that they attempted to kidnap you and you are in the right. After some time of me repeating the mantra, I nodded and continued my job.

Overhaul's memories are really handy when it comes to dealing with a bunch of pests.

Ding!

I tch'd, seems like the bell literally saved this bug's life.

My hand retreated from the insect and I flicked the blood away from my body, Overhaul knew a lot about cleaning due to his germaphobia. Especially the bloody kind, which helped a lot when it comes to these kinds of situations.


(GROUND FLOOR, Cafe Area)


An orange and flame-themed pegasus with a blown back mane was seen curiously looking around, the place was spacious and when she walked in it was empty but with how early it is, it's expected. Her ears perked up when the rapid movement of hooves was heard, an earthpony? or a unicorn?

"Hi! Hello-" Earthpony it is, he looked a bit haggard and Spitfire's eyes widened when she noticed just how large the pony is. Damn! props to the mom for birthing this beast because he is huge! Spitfire silently wondered if he did implants or if those were all-natural. The stallion was even taller than Captain Armor, a rare sight that she enjoyed immensely.

The stallion walked closer and Spitfire couldn't help but let out a whistle of appreciation, you can even see the muscle on him. Really nice.

"Morning stud, you the only employee on shift ?" she started, her hooves crossing on the table she was leaning on. The first step on flirting, start out slow, sprinkle some compliments and continue when the reaction is good.

"Yep, only employee and owner of this establishment" The stallion chuckled, "What's a mare like you doing in a place like this?" A stallion, flirting rather easily? Clearly this colt has the experience and so smoothly too. Spitfire looked at his clothes, trying to find his name and rose a brow when she found it.

Kai? a rather unusual name, sounds eastern and he doesn't even look like a foreigner, a descendant?

"Looking for a good snack but I found you" She replied, her sensual smile growing when she saw the slightly shocked look the stallion had. Easy money, Spitfire grinned inwardly.

"But?" Kai chuckled once more, the shocked look morphing into amusement as he shook his head "Sorry for not being up to your standards but I hope I have something in the menu that does"

Spitfire who was unconsciously leaning closer with each second, fell over at his statement. She glared at him playfully and couldn't help but shove him slightly, the arse! Leading her on like that. After some time of silence, Spitfire's eyes widened when she realized what she just did. Spitfire sat back down and slowly inched back from the stallion, was he going to make a huge scandal because of it?

She hoped not, Kai seemed like a chill guy and she'd rather not let her image of him be tarnished because he couldn't take a hit and just sue the hell out of her just for some money.

Spitfire was surprised when Kai simply laughed, she was even more surprised at his answer.

"You know you're the first mare who hit me in this place, The name's Chisaki Kai. You seem like a spitfire so I hope you become a regular, you'll definitely liven up the mood around here" Spitfire blinked at that before dumbly nodding, Chisaki just kept on being interesting the more she stayed here. Spitfire nodded more and grinned.

Spitfire knew what he was planning, he was pretending to be the-hard-to-get chill-type! She grinned, she always liked a challenge and she always won in them. She held a hoof out towards him and spoke, her eyes gleaming with determination.

"I'm Spitfire," She smirked and leaned forward "And I'll definitely liven both your mood and something else" Spitfire left that implication up in the air, hoping that the stallion would take the bait.

Chisaki reached out and shook it lightly, his eyes shining with something but Spitfire didn't know what. "Call me Chisaki, because that's the only name you'll be calling when you're here" The double-edged meaning was obvious and Spitfire blushed.

Challenge Accepted!

"By the way what do you want to order"

Spitfire stared at the stallion, her face blank as the atmosphere was completely ruined. Chisaki just stood there as if trying to say that he didn't do anything wrong, his smile ever so polite as he held a notepad in one hoof and she groaned.

"Way to ruin the mood Chisaki..." She grumbled as she crossed her hooves on the table, "Just get me something energetic!" she barked at the amused colt, he did that on purpose! Cheating flankhole...

Chisaki laughed one more time, stated the bill "That'll be five bits" and made his way to the counter while Spitfire lowly whistled at what she saw.

A cheating flankhole he may be, but it's still a great flank nonetheless.


4- An Invasion

I realized that time had the tendency to pass remarkably quickly, at least in my view. I guess it made sense, considering that every day was so similar that they just blended together without me noticing; Monday to Friday is for work with the other remaining days as my day off where I usually just relax and tinker a bit.

Who and what do I tinker with? None of your business, I could tell you of course but you needed to die soon after because I don't want anyone to know of my rather peculiar activities that I do in my free time.

But that's not the point, what I’m trying to say is. With time, comes a routine.

I actually liked my current routine, which mostly consisted of; Waking up, check up on the insect -AKA: see if it's dead and all that, get disappointed when it didn't but get excited soon after because I realized that it could go under a forced metamorphosis to adapt to my experiments which makes me very excited because they are basically a pokemon if my hypothesis is proven correct,- change into my ponysona, meet with Luna and Celestia downstairs for their late dinner/early breakfast, get tons of money because apparently the sisters are rich but they still won't tell me their jobs and continue work during my work hours. Which is from early morning to eight in the night, I still need my sleep after all.

For my day-off I usually just screw around with my quirk, check up on that abandoned library/tower near that huge castle and slinker away with even more information. They don't even lock the windows, who doesn't lock their windows!? You're just begging to get a break in if you're just going to leave it unlocked like that, it also helps me with my stealth.

Apparently I'm known as the Nightbreaker, a pretty cool title if I say so myself.

As seconds turn to minutes which turned to days then weeks then months, I realized that it has been a whole year of me living in this world. Which is awesome, because I actually have a social life this time.

CRASH!! THUD!

Even if they occasionally break in like some cheap criminal, I sighed once more and shifted. I raised a brow when I noticed my two friends just innocently sitting on a table, looking like they didn't just smash through my window because they forgot that one of them could literally just teleport them inside.

I just shook my head in exasperation and fixed the window with a hoof, it has been three months since I've met Spitfire and life has been interesting. It gets even more interesting the more she visits. The first time she visited was once a month, two a month if lucky but now? If Spitfire had a show somewhere across the globe she would attempt to break the sound barrier just for our weekly meeting, the girl is determined I'll tell you that.

Oh yeah, apparently the girls found out about my quirk but somehow made a story on how I got it in the first place; Ranging from me being an experiment to me using magic through my hooves, I simply kept my mouth shut because some of them actually sound plausible.

Psh... that theory where they thought that he was some evolved shapeshifting ape from another universe coming to Equestria to murder all of its citizens and be the ultimate harem king, it sure is unrealistic and totally untrue.

Pfft-

Anyway, odd conspiracy theories aside. Having friends is rather nice, and I originally thought they would be annoying and barge into my free time. Luckily I have a bunch of understanding friends that understood the fact that there is a thing called telling me in advance.

I hope that you can read the sarcasm just rolling of that statement.

Look at the bright side, at least they keep me on my toes with their rather sporadic timings and let me practice shifting my whole body in quick succession. Painful as hell during the first times but I slowly got used to it, soon I started anticipating them... Am I a masochist?

I made myself a drink and sipped it, sadly I don't derive joy from my own injuries, it would've helped a lot during training if I did. Oi! don't go in the comments and start kink-shaming me! Morphing and genetically changing your physical being in a short amount of time hurts! If I was a masochist I would at least enjoy it for a bit.

"Stop staring at us like that, Chisaki!" barked Spitfire, her face turning even redder when my stare was directed at her. Luna was there as well, but she was trying to act like she was busy with the upgraded knock-off switch. I simply nodded and continued to drink, the only way I could make them uncomfortable is by just staring at them, it works for humans so it'll work on ponies.

~Awkward Silence~

I kept on sipping, purposely slurping loudly as the silence continued to fill the air. Suffer! This is what you get for breaking my window. I grinned inwardly at how uncomfortable they looked as they awkwardly shifted in their seats, does this mean that I'm a sadist?

As I was busy contemplating what kind of 'ist' I am, my thought was interrupted by a metal horseshoe(?) sandal? the thing Luna kept on wearing on her hooves! Which decided to properly acquaint itself with my face, I simply blinked because compared to anything else that I've done to myself, getting smacked by metal isn't the most painful thing that happened to me.

I just moved the horseshoe up to my hair, making it stand upright like some makeshift crown. I still don't know why they had those, they have hooves for a reason. My brow rose when Spitfire looked ready to lunge at me, Luna continued to try and ignore the fact that she just broke in.

"We- I... We apologize for breaking in, we just needed to meet with you immediately and this was the easiest and safest solution" stated Luna, her eyes still glued to the screen, a blush on her face. "Sister was not allowed to join us since she is rather busy with work"

I just sighed and walked up to them, I placed down their usual drinks and I watched as the awkwardness dissipated almost immediately. Even if they're a bunch of nuisances, they still are my friends and I will always watch over my friends.

("You belong to me.... Give her back!")

("No one is going to follow a demon with no heart")

A grimace flashed across my face as I took a seat and I wondered, would they hate me? for who I was? or would they stay by my side until the end? A smile appeared and I began a conversation with the others, a satisfied glint in my eyes as I continued to talk.

Yes... By my side.

That is where they'll stay, I'll make sure of it.

No matter what.

(If Chisaki had known that they would've disappeared soon after, he would've done something to make sure they didn't)


Chisaki liked this place.

During his time here, he managed to get a job, get some friends and enjoy the holidays. It was and still is a rather nice world, Chisaki really like this place.

He liked it a lot.

Transporting to this world taught and gave him so many things and Chisaki was ever so grateful.

So grateful that he would be an exterminator and deal with these pests for them, buzzing around like some invasive species -which they are- and taking his friends and not expecting retaliation, who do they think they are?

"Answer me!" The changeling hit the table with a large 'THUD!' and Chisaki could see the literal smugness radiating off the useless insect. Chisaki gritted his teeth at that audacity, it dares act like it had authority? Who does it think it is? Did it forget how much he could do in such a small amount of time?

It. Knew.

Chisaki clenched his fist, How? Telepathy? Or some sort of hivemind? Chisaki grinned when a thought crossed his mind, let's test out that last hypothesis why don't we?

Chisaki grabbed it by the side of it’s head, his fingers digging into its skull and his grin widened as the insect started to hiss. His hands slowly began to morph into gryphon claws, the sound of moving flesh and grotesque squishing nearly caused the changeling to pass out and it nearly did when his sharp talons was a mere centimetres away from its eyes.

"Tell your Queen..." Chisaki started, his eyes gleaming. "That I'm coming for her then I'm coming for all of you" and with that last statement. Chisaki crushed its skull, its hardened outer skin crackling beneath his fingers and soon its soft and squishy inside began to pour out in a steady steam coating his hands and splattering against him.

Through the bloody end of the insect, Chisaki made sure its eyes were focused solely on him. His smile still on his face and he knew, deep inside he knew that the queen was watching.

Chisaki just hoped that she enjoyed the show, he sure did.


(Canterlot Castle, Where the wedding of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza was supposed to take place)


A pony-like creature with a twisted unicorn horn, a pair of tattered insectoid wings, who stood as tall as Celestia was seen staring blankly at nothing. Her lips tugged wide, revealing a pair of fangs as she started to chuckle at what she just saw. Her dark green eyes with elongated oval pupils were seen gleaming with something as she laughed.

"What are you laughing at!?" Barked out Spitfire and another pegasus, the extra pegasus had a blue coat and a rainbow-coloured mane and tail. They blinked and looked at each other before continuing to glare at the changeling Queen. They had some kind of green substance all over them, only leaving their head.

"It seems you have one more saving grace, I didn't know that Luna had a shapeshifting pet... And a male one at that. Such viciousness, such brutality. He would be a great king if I were to ensnare him" stated Chrysalis the changeling Queen, in front of her laid the users of the Elements of Harmony along with all of the princesses. What could some colt do compared to an army?

"Leave the innocent's outta' this!" shouted an orange earthpony, she was also glaring at the Queen. Bringing colts into this? Just how far would the changeling go?

Twilight, a purple unicorn wore a confused look. Princess Luna had a pet? She didn't know that but it seemed like the pet was going to come and save them, her look turned into determination. Alright! She needed to stall for time, but how? It was like a literal lightbulb lit over her head.

"Who even is this pet?" questioned Twilight, she saw her friends and the Wonderbolt captain look at her with confusion before one by one looks of understanding formed. "I didn't know that Princess Luna even had a pet" The Princess in question looked just as confused and Chrysalis looked a bit confused herself.

"Then why is he covered in your scent? he's practically bathing in it!" That statement caused all of them -other than the hypnotised- to turn to the Princess of the Night, Luna looked scandalized and very confused.

"Auntie, I didn't know you had a coltfriend..." Cadence -a pink alicorn and the supposed bride to be- had a disgruntled look in her face, such bad timing to find out about the secretive consort. If she knew about this earlier she could've helped her Aunt but she understood, her Aunt is a rather secretive pony so it was understandable for the colt to be as well.

Even Celestia looked shocked, her eyes wide as she stared at her little sister. A single thought crossing her mind as her priorities immediately shifted.

'Her little sister already has a coltfriend!? when!? and where!? How did she not even know this?' Celestia didn't know a lot of colts who hung around her sister other than Chisaki... Celestia blinked as her mind began to put together the pieces.

"You're sleeping with Kai!?" stated the rather surprised Celestia, she guessed hanging upside down must've messed with her head for a bit because she was sure she was supposed to keep that to her thoughts.

"What!?" "Who?" "Ah yes, that was his name"

"Princess! I didn't know you're sleeping with Chisaki!" shouted Spitfire, a look of betrayal in her face before it shifted to determination. "Don't think that just because you're a princess doesn't mean we can't fight for the head mare!"

"I do not like Chisaki that way! we are not courting each other!" exclaimed a blushing Luna, trying in vain to hide at the attention on her.

Chrysalis just watched all of this unfold, her mind in a whirl. She just thought that he was a rather smart beast but to see that both princesses knew about this male... She grinned, did they know about his activities? Her smile widened even more at that revelation and she noticed that the talking stopped. She originally thought they were staring at her but their eyes were focusing on something else.

Something behind her.

Chrysalis turned and watched the bloodbath that began to unfold, her ears finally registering the noise that she delicately ignored up to this point.

"WHERE IS YOUR QUEEN!? WHERE ARE THEY!?"

Buck.


5- Pest Control

After finishing off the insect, I had no idea what to do.

So I panicked.

"WHY DID I DO THAT!? THEY WERE MY ONLY SOURCE OF INFORMATION!!" I groaned as I began pacing in the shop, I could bring them back but that Queen might not take my threat seriously if I do so. I ran a hand through my hair, I don't even know why I did that. For what? edge points?

No! focus! Luna and Spitfire and even Tia could be missing and in danger, you have to find them. I smacked my cheeks with my hands, you can do this! Be a shounen protagonist! Chanel your closet weaboo powers and save your friends with the power of friendship!

Snnrk-

Like that will happen, my lips tugged upward in amusement. I suck with social things, case in point my first life. I stared at my hand and clenched it, just kill them all; A grin appeared, now that- is something I can do.

I walked out of the shop and into a hoard of insects, I couldn't stop the feeling of glee I felt when they noticed me just standing there. Some hesitated but most charged straight at me, with a finger on my piercing. I was 95% sure that my grin looked absolutely murderous as I strapped on Overhaul's mask. This would stop the blood from accidentally going into my mouth because these insectoids taste absolutely disgusting, a grimace flashed across my face when I remember a time where I tried it once and I hated it ever since.

Old me is an idiot, even if that certain old me was from an hour ago.

-------------------

I had to stop myself from jumping out of Canterlot and into a body of water, my body was trembling with the amount of blood on me and I grimaced once more. This was the first time since my stay here that I had this much blood on me and Overhaul's germaphobia is starting to act up again.

I thought I was over it but with how my body is acting I guessed wrong.

After shaking my body like a dog, I looked around and noticed how much blood was splattered outside my shop. If this is an actual invasion then the losing side better clean up because I'm not doing it, I clicked my tongue and tried to find out where they would be.

Last I remember was them saying that they were going to some wedding, if I was part of a wedding then where would I be? My mind began to whirl, trying to find a spot where a wedding would actually take place. That abandoned tower? Getting a higher place would help me find a spot or at least a concentrated place.

If I was a queen, then I would probably have a bunch of insects with me but I need to find Luna, Spitfire and Tia first. I quickly turned and ran, they better be safe! I wouldn't know what I would do if they weren't safe, if they died.

Not noticed by anyone, on the flank of a certain Chisaki Kai. A symbol appeared, the symbol of...

The Eight Precepts of Death.


After literally kicking all of the changelings out of the tower, Chisaki surveyed the area. His ears occasionally flicking around and he heard, whimpering? Chisaki crouched low and tried to focus on where he heard that sound.

There! in the corner of that bookshelf! With that info in mind, he pounced.

"What do you think you're doing!-" Chisaki's threat stopped suddenly when he noticed the filly stare up at him, fear in her eyes. "-insect..." He stumbled backwards and fell on his haunches, the filly shivered and curled up on her herself. Chisaki began to back up, those eyes... He nearly puked when he saw those familiar eyes.

("Please... i don't want this")

"I-" He gulped, Chisaki tried to calm the pegasus filly down with a hoof and he slowly felt something die inside when she simply flinched backwards. "Hey- hey..." Chisaki slowly started, he didn't know how to deal with kids but he could try. With a hoof, Chisaki pointed at himself and gave a hesitant smile. "I'm Chisaki Kai, it's nice to meet you"

The filly peeked from behind her hooves and she slowly spoke, her voice trembling with every word. "Cozy... Cozy Glow, it's nice to... meet you-" the filly was interrupted by a scream and Cozy Glow once again curled on herself, crying was soon heard and Chisaki didn't know what to do.

Chisaki slowly hugged the peach pegasus close and he tried consoling her once again with promises of safety. It's what he would've wanted if he was in her position, have someone tell him that everything would be fine even though it clearly wasn't. Chisaki needed to divert the attention of the filly and Chisaki nearly facehooved when he realized that he still had his quirk.

Chisaki placed his hoof on the mask that was laying next to his neck and tried to see what kind of toy a child would want. Kids like stuff toys right? the problem is he doesn't know how to make a stuffed toy or at least the shape of a stuffed toy. Chisaki grimaced and his mask turned into a plush version of his pony form, this is best he could do right now. It's not exactly the softest or the comfiest but at least he tried, he tried much more than Overhaul did with Eri.

"Hey... where is your family?" The filly needed her family and Chisaki didn't have the time to take care of a kid when he's busy fighting. Chisaki didn't want to give the kid extra trauma because of the amount of blood he'll spill, Chisaki placed the plush in between her hooves and Cozy immediately hugged it and calmed down. The bloody stallion let out a sigh of relief when she started to quiet, okay... time to leave.

Chisaki slowly moved up, his other hoof cradling the child to his chest and he continued to look around once again.

"Okay... listen Cozy, where is your family?" Chisaki really needed to leave, he already wasted enough time by staying here and he didn't know how much time his friends had left. The filly didn't answer and Chisaki let out a sigh, he couldn't just leave her here but he himself needed to leave. "Please Cozy, where is your family? they might be missing you"

"No... they left me..." Chisaki stilled at that and he let out a haggard breath, curse his bleeding heart! Okay, think Chisaki! You can't just leave her here, you don't know what those insects are going to do with her after you're gone. He clicked his tongue and finally made up his mind. Guess he'll just pull a Deku when he was fighting Overhaul with Eri.

"Listen, Cozy we're gonna play a game..." Chisaki was glad he was still wearing his uniform and he quickly wrapped the filly with his apron. "Do you know what a roller coaster is?" the filly shook her head and Chisaki tried to find out another metaphor to make this 'game' easier to explain. "Okay... you know those flying tricks? that er... those Wonderbolts do? We're gonna play pretend! Pretend that we're flying! It'll be really fun I promise"

Chisaki placed the filly on his back and tied the apron around him, he made a makeshift mouth harness with his tie and made the filly grab it. "Close your eyes and pretend that we are flying. When it seems like you're about to slip off, I need you to tell me" Chisaki let out another breath when Cozy nodded. "If you're scared, hug the toy closer"

Chisaki hesitated at his next words "And if you... follow all of that, I'll make you a better toy when we get home"

"Okay... Please stay safe Mr. Kai"

With that, Chisaki jumped out of the window and into the infested city below. He can do this! He knows that he can do this! Especially with this filly believing in him. He can do anything!

"GERONIMOOOOOOOOOOOO!"


Chisaki knew that he left so many openings when he fought but he needed the wind so the filly wouldn't open her eyes and see what's wrong. He was practically fighting like some hotshot gymnast who kept on showing off with the amount of tumbling he's doing, at least the kid was enjoying it with how much giggling she's been doing for the past hour and thirty minutes.

Yes, he's been fighting for a whole hour and thirty minutes and he still didn't know where the flying hell his friends are.

Chisaki would've asked the citizens of Canterlot but who would answer a bloody stallion with a filly who kept on giggling on his back? No one that's who and so, Chisaki is stuck stumbling around covered in insect blood and he couldn't help but wonder what his friends would say about his appearance.

Honestly, Chisaki is so done with these insects. He's covered in blood and Overhaul's germaphobia kept on acting up mid-fight nearly causing the filly to get coated with it and Chisaki is so done with them. And if there is one thing Chisaki hated the most is ruining the innocence of a child, especially after getting Overhaul's memories.

Chisaki's eye twitched once more when the insect imploded, splattering against his front and he is beginning to get pissed. Chisaki's just glad that it didn't make much noise, the only pro in this crappy situation that and the fact that he could unleash his frustration by fusing the insects to a building.

"Heh," He smiled, his teeth clearly seen against his bloody coat. Unintentionally causing the hidden changelings that were planning to ambush him to flinch and hide, if that beast of a stallion was laughing for no reason with that filly on his back then clearly he is mentally unstable.

They didn't sign up to a bloody death, they just wanted to feast. Their queen didn't tell them anything about some colt having the ability to kill them all with one-touch, this isn't some deathmatch game! They didn't sign up to this!

"You know if you are going to ambush someone, atleast make sure you aren't seen first" The changelings stilled and slowly turned to the voice behind them, a hoof to the face was the last thing they saw then darkness soon took them.

"Mister Kai..." said 'Mister Kai' turned to the filly on his back, her hoof pushing up the blindfold so she can see him. "You smell weird" Cozy wrinkled her nose while she spoke, her hoof moved to her nose and Chisaki laughed.

"Well... we've just been having so much fun that I sweated a bit" explained Chisaki as he casually moved through the city jumping from roof to roof. "You are heavy after all, did you eat too many sweets?" he teased, his eyes trained in front of him as he leaped.

"No!" pouted Cozy, her hooves crossing around the plush "I'm not heavy at all Mister Kai! You're just mean!" With that Cozy bonked the back of the stallion's head with a hoof, Chisaki just continued to laugh as he weaved through the changelings making sure to make them explode behind him.

Chisaki blinked when he realized that he could've asked the kid on his back where the wedding is, he facehoofed and regretted it soon after when more blood was spread across his muzzle. He clicked his tongue as another changeling jumped him, Chisaki had to use brute force to knock him out.

"Hey Mister Kai, why is that... thing sleeping?" she questioned, Chisaki searched his mind for a reason and he nodded when he found one.

"It's their nap time, Cozy. I'm just tucking them in"

"So to make somepony take a nap, you have to hit them?" Cozy asked, her eyes wide at that new information and her mind began to process it.

"Yeap, but only make someone take a nap when they are about to make you nap when you don't want too" cleary Chisaki is great at parenting and he inwardly patted himself in the back when he saw Cozy believe in his masterful bullcrapping skills.

If it begins to be a problem, he'll just fix it later.

"Oh yeah. Kid you're from Canterlot right?" Cozy nodded to that question and she snuggled closer to the stallion, she herself was starting to be sleepy, "Then do you know where a wedding was supposed to happen?" Cozy blinked at that and placed a hoof to her chin trying to remember about a wedding.

"I think it's somewhere in the castle, I'm not really sure..." Cozy trailed off and she yawned "I heard somepony talking about that before but I forgot.."

Chisaki clicked his tongue at how vague she was but at least he had a location, "Close your eyes and cover your ears kid, I'm going to shout really loud" the hidden way is wasting too much time and he felt the kid followed his instructions.

Chisaki leapt towards the castle, towards where he was sure the queen was and into the largest hoard of insects he's ever seen. With a grin and a giggling child on him, Chisaki roared his challenge.

"If you think a bunch of useless insects could kill me then you're all wrong!" he twisted his body from a pouncing changeling and imploded another one. "You all better answer truthfully or else I'm going to make your death so damned painful that you would feel it in the afterlife!" another spray of blood. Duck and a hoof, another burst. With each spray of blood, Chisaki could feel his anger growing when he didn't get an answer.

They were mocking him! Chisaki gritted his teeth as he once again dodged another insect and with a roundhouse kick the changeling slammed against the wall with a sickening 'CRACK!'

"Answer me! Where IS YOUR QUEEN!? WHERE ARE THEY!?"


6- Trying to be a Hero and Failing Miserably

Chrysalis watched as the silhouette of that murderer bathed in her children's blood. She could feel her throat clogging in panic and she didn't know what to feel when it faced her. Then and there Chrysalis knew what it would do to her if it reached her, the distance between them was large but Chrysalis felt like it was standing right in front of her.

Her breath hitched and she fell to her haunches, the pure bloodlust wasn't even directed at her but it was terrifying, she felt like she was about to die the moment those eyes fell on her. She stared at her hoof and noticed it was trembling, she realized all of herself was trembling too.

Chrysalis' eyes turned to Luna, her mouth agape trying to form words and after some time she finally spoke, "Whe- where did you even get... Get such a monster?"

The ponies simply stared confused and Chrysalis nearly scoffed, did they not know about the bloodthirsty beast living with them? Or did it simply not show its true nature? Chrysalis wondered if she should expose it but she knows that doing so would make her death much more painful.

"Your... pet, Chisaki? Was it?" Chrysalis chuckled, that beast as a pet? Chrysalis pondered what Luna did to get him. Slavery? A familiar? "I wondered how you ponies, even chained something of it’s calibre down"

"Chisaki is not an it! He's not even a thing! He's a he!" exclaimed that Wonderbolt, anger was clearly expressed as she struggled against her bindings. Perhaps Chrysalis was wrong, this Chisaki isn't the pet, he's the master.

Chrysalis can hear the monster move and she waited. Would the beast become her master? She hoped that he would just take her instead of brutalizing her as a show of strength but she knew how little the former would happen and how possible the latter is. Chrysalis exhaled before standing up, if she was going to die then she would die gloriously and be remembered in history as the one who stood up against the beast.

She faced the window and at the rapidly closing silhouette of the monster and said what she was sure is her final words.

"I invaded Canterlot for my children. This time, I'm fighting for survival"

THUD!

The glass didn't break, and the silhouette slid down the window and into the castle grounds below. Everyone just stared at the slowly falling body of an earthpony with a blank face, but their eyes widened when they saw the trail of blood he left behind.


"OW!" Chisaki groaned in pain as he gripped the ledge of the window, -his hooves now claws- he thought that smashing through the window would be cool and break like every cliche but he was wrong, oh- so wrong. Chisaki winced when he felt the telltale signs of a bruise on his chest but a quick claw to the chest and he was healed.

He turned to Cozy, looking as er... cosy as ever since she was still sleeping. Chisaki didn't know how she was still asleep after his most recent action but kids be kids. He tsk'ed, and slowly started climbing up. He was pulling an Assasins Creed but without the cool outfit and that honestly sucked.

His heroic outfit doesn't even look heroic at all, covered in blood and a sleepy child on his back made him look like some dude in a zombie apocalypse who went through hell when in reality he's just a bartender who kept on touching a bunch of bugs and imploding them from the inside.

Chisaki was sure that the queen expected a pony, and since he already has the claws then what's wrong with a pair of wings? But he decided not to, Chisaki still has a kid on his back and he'd rather not let her get startled by growing wings all of a sudden.

Chisaki clicked his tongue and crawled his way to the side of the window, a surprise attack would deal the most damage but he needed info on where his friends are. A jugular bite would help restrain her for enough time for him to get his info and leave.

He grimaced because Chisaki realized that he needed to sharpen his teeth to actually pierce through her skin, do you even know how painful it is to do so? Well, it hurts! Because teeth are sensitive as hell, especially when you thicken and lengthen the damn thing. With a wince, Chisaki felt his teeth begin to change and morph into something more carnivorous then his usual omnivorous teeth.

Chisaki placed a talon into the glass and through it, spikes began to trail toward the queen, who looked busy just staring out the window he originally slammed through. Chisaki's concentration nearly failed when he saw his friends captured, just bound behind the large queen.

'The hell are they doing here!? also what kind of dumbass has captives and keeps them in the same room!?' Chisaki stopped the spike that was ready to pierce the queen and brought it back. Should he risk showcasing just who he really is or just screw the consequences and deal with the biggest threat in the room.

The moment he saw the queen turn and advance towards his friends made Chisaki finalize his decision, he wondered what his friends would think of him after this but...

Chisaki gritted his teeth and made his move, there weren't any insects in the room other than the queen so he hoped that this would be an easier task. With a roar, Chisaki burst through the glass and tackled the queen. His teeth bared and gleaming as he roughly bit on her neck, Chisaki could feel his teeth pierce into her skin and he had to stop himself from continuing his assault. He knew that if he continued any further than he would sink deeper into the tissue and cause her to bleed out if he were to release her.

Chisaki noticed just how quiet it is in the room and he realized just how odd this situation must've looked like in an outsider's perspective. He winced when he felt Spitfire stare straight at him, she's gonna be pissed about this. Chisaki could even feel the confused looks on both Tia's and Luna's face.

Chisaki shivered when he felt Cozy shuffle a bit on his back, he has a lot of explaining to do after he's done.


An Interlude

Chisaki Kai is a friend to many and an acquaintance to most. He owns and manages one of the most well-known cafes' in Canterlot and is a known shut-in, so not many ponies outside of Canterlot even know of him.

Chisaki Kai isn't much, sure he may be large, -larger than most stallions nowadays actually- but he isn't special. He's a bit bold and confident but anypony can have that. Chisaki Kai does not have a cutie mark which was surprising, but he doesn't let it get to him. He was a bit confused on why everypony always questioned him about his cutie mark but he would smile and say that it was okay.

The Chisaki Kai they know is nice, a bit dorky and always polite. No matter how many times they teased him or even openly flirted with him, he never actually went through with it. He would either deflect it or ruin the mood in a comedic way. They were fine with it, it was all in good fun after all. Chisaki may act more like a mare than a colt and they accepted that, he was somepony different and it was refreshing in a way.

They love Chisaki, all three of them.

They know that Chisaki wasn't just some polite, dorky and nice bartender. He was somepony else than just those principles and it was clear whenever he had this glint in his eyes that always contrasted his smile. A glint they didn't want to see ever again, he always looked so down and closed off after it and they hated it. Chisaki's eyes weren't cold like those veterans of the old times; It was close to a raging inferno, threatening to destroy and consume whatever or whoever stood in his way and they accepted that.

They love Chisaki, even if he didn't feel the same for them right now, they can wait. They still and will love Chisaki until they get a blunt rejection. They may not showcase it in public, hay, they even deny it in public since they didn't want ponies to dig into Chisaki.

Chisaki knows a lot about them too, he may spend the most time with Luna but it was understandable since Chisaki met the Princess of the Night first. Chisaki knows this and so he tries to do a lot with each of them during their time together, every time they spent together was special and he actively tried to do so.

They know this because they spied each other's dates. Chisaki knew obviously, he's always perceptive like that.

It was weird, their dynamic. They weren't doing the pampering like every mare was supposed to do, he was and honestly, they enjoyed it.

But everything changed when the changelings attacked.

They were worried, who wouldn't be? Their dear beloved couldn't fight all on his own. Sure, he can hold his ground but against a hoard of changelings? He wouldn't stand a chance but they had faith that the elements of harmony would deal with the situation but they were all wrong. They were captured, taken and their fear slowly began to be proven true when the queen spoke.

("I didn't know that Luna had a shapeshifting pet... And a male one at that. Such viciousness, such brutality. He would be a great king if I were to ensnare him")

Originally they didn't know who the queen was talking about, Luna didn't exactly have a pet and while she does have some odd kinks, Chisaki didn't exactly get it when Luna gifted him to it.

("Who even is this pet?")

They had hoped when the Element of Magic asked this that the queen had her sights on somepony else, somepony that isn't Chisaki but they were wrong, very wrong.

("Then why is he covered in your scent? he's practically bathing in it!")

With that, the three struggled. The queen had her eye for Chisaki and they didn't know why, all they knew was that she was after him and they couldn't allow that. Chisaki was just a colt, if they couldn't do something against the queen then what can he do? But they weren't able to do anything, not in their current state and so they waited and hoped that Chisaki would escape and leave but they know just how unlikely that is.

So they waited and waited, and waited. They didn't know how long they bided their time but they know, slowly but surely that they could escape, they just needed to escape before Chisaki reached them.

Chisaki was and still is always selfless when it came to them and they didn't want that, especially when they were so close to escaping but all hope was lost when they heard him shout for everyone to hear.

("WHERE IS YOUR QUEEN!? WHERE ARE THEY!?")

It was chilling, the bloodlust that resonated throughout Canterlot was something they haven't felt for a long time. The sisters felt this before but from enemies long gone. Enemies, they had to put down due to how dangerous they are. They didn't like the fact that it came from Chisaki and they didn't know what to do, they didn't want to fight Chisaki but they knew...

They knew that deep down that it was always duty before love and they hated themselves because of it.


When the girls first heard of a Chisaki Kai, they thought of that Cafe owner near the edge of Canterlot. He was a polite colt, a bit confused when the others asked why he didn't have a herd but other than being as tall as Celestia he was an alright stallion.

"A bit like Big Mac but more Canterlot-ish" Applejack once stated when they left and the others agreed, it was true. He was a bit silent but a great listener, he would put his thought out there when he can and whoever comes in goes out in a great mood.

It was a bit odd that he didn't have a cutie mark at his age -twenty-one- but instead of being mad he just brushed it off and said that he was rather busy with living and working, so he never bothered to find it. They respected that and continued talking, he wasn't as sensitive as most stallions they know so they had fun attempting to push his non-existent buttons and remembered that one time he pushed all of theirs at once.

"Hey! Chisaki~ you wanna smash?" Rainbow Dash slurred a cup of cider in her left hoof as she pointed at the only colt in the group with another. They remembered Chisaki laughing and his rather blunt reply nearly caused all of them to spit take.

"Sure! You girls want to join in? it's much more fun if its more than two" They may have not have spat their drinks in shock but they sure chocked on it.

"Chi- Chisaki... Sugarcube, we just met!" sputtered Applejack, she tried to hide her blushing face behind her stetson as she looked away from the innocent stallion.

They were sure Fluttershy fainted with the amount of blood rushing to her head and Chisaki started to look more concerned. Rainbow Dash looked shocked because she didn't expect an affirmative answer and Pinkie looked like she was actually considering it. The only two unicorns of the group just stared in shock at his answer.

Timeskip to a few minutes and their feelings were still conflicted.

Apparently Chisaki had made a game console that had this game called "Super Smash Pones!" and they didn't know what to feel when they were offered a game controller. They were half excited, half disappointed and most definitely embarrassed, Chisaki just smiled his ever so confused smile all the way.

They left the establishment in embarrassment.