• Published 16th Apr 2020
  • 329 Views, 27 Comments

Equestria Girls: Power of the SOUL - LunarEnby



An Equestria Girls story based around a slight change, in which characters can use the magic of their SOUL to settle disputes. Has major Undertale references, until later in the story.

  • ...
 27
 329

Chapter One: The Cave

Disclaimer: I do not own My Little Pony or Undertale. My Little Pony belongs to Hasbro, and Undertale belongs to Toby Fox.
Time: 0030
Date: 12/29/2019 AD
Location: Geode Cave, Camp Everfree, Unifornia, U. S. E. (United States of Equestria)

Music to listen to while reading (If you want): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WN1Ic5wIbM

Deep within the Geode Cave of Camp Everfree, all was dark and silent, with no starlight reaching that far. This was soon interrupted, however, by a bright flash of multi-colored light. Once the light had faded, a girl stood in its spot. Once the girl had adjusted to her surroundings, she pulled a lantern out of the black backpack on her back, and lit it with a lighter in her pocket, revealing her features. She was 5’5”, and had chin-length black hair that was somewhat shaggy, cyan skin, and dark blue eyes. She was wearing a black hoodie with a brown book emblazoned with a yellow pentagram sewn on the middle, as well as a black backpack with the same mark, a pair of somewhat-damaged blue jeans, and a pair of brown combat boots and black socks. Around her neck was a pair of black headphones with green muffs and a black heart in the middle of the muffs, and a single, blue, heart-shaped earing was clasped around her ear.

After lighting her lantern, the girl began to examine her surroundings. She noticed several things about the cave she was in. First, there were multiple pieces of confetti and a few faded streamers scattered around. Second, there were a set of scrape marks near the back of the cave, like something had been moved there at one time.
*Seems like there was quite a party here. Maybe even a Pinkie Party.

“Yeah, yeah.” The girl replied, seemingly to nobody, “This is where the Rainbooms performed to ‘Save Camp Everfree.’”
*I was just pointing out an observation, babe. No need to get snappy with me.

“Whatever.” The girl once more replied to what seemed to be nothing, “Let’s just wait for Emerald to reach us, then go from there.”

As if triggered by those words, a flash of light, this one emerald green, appeared, revealing a second girl when it faded.

The second girl was 5’1”, and had light green skin, slightly wavy yellow hair with sky blue stripes that reached to her shoulders, and deep blue eyes. She was wearing a yellow T-Shirt with an emerald green Delta (Δ) surrounded by a cyan whirlwind sewn on the chest area, a black hooded jacket with two zippers, causing it to look like a cloak, a pair of grey sweatpants, black socks, and a pair of black tennis shoes with blue highlights. She had a pair of aquamarine, oval-rimmed glasses, as well as a cyan pendant with a purple strap around her neck, and a brown leather backpack with the same design as her shirt on it. As soon as the girl appeared, she fell to her knees, and would have hit her head on the rock floor if the first girl hadn’t dashed over to her, catching her as she fell.

“Emerald!” the first girl shouted, “What were you thinking?”

“Uh...” The new girl, Emerald Breeze, replied, “I was just trying to protect you, Speda.”

“But the guards could’ve killed you!” The first girl, Speda Hooves, exclaimed, as worry showed clearly on her face, and her left eye glowed blue, “Hell, you nearly died trying to cross into this world without an established portal!”

“Key word, nearly.” Emerald retorted, her right eye glowing emerald green in response to Speda’s, “I didn’t die, though.”

“You didn’t,” Speda replied, before summoning a glowing object from Emerald’s chest, which was green and yellow on the right side, and black on the left, with the left side being an inverted heart and the right being normal, “But your current HP is barely above 1! If there had been anymore guards, or if the gap between worlds had been just a bit larger, your SOUL would’ve shattered, and you wouldn’t be here!”

“I...” Emerald began, before trailing off.

“You what?” Speda inquired.

“I know that I could’ve died,” Emerald stated, “But I would’ve gladly died, as long as you survived.”

“I know that, sis,” Speda replied, “But that very thought scares me. If you died, I don’t know what I, let alone Sunset, would do without you.”

“Hey...” Emerald murmured, “It’s going to be alright. I didn’t die.”

“You’re right,” Speda replied, her eye returning to normal, “Just... try not to do that again, alright?”

“I’ll try,” Emerald stated, her eye following suit, “But no promises.”

At that moment, a green light began to emit from Emerald’s backpack, and something began to vibrate inside. Emerald reached into her bag, and pulled out her journal, which she opened.

“Looks like Sunset has responded to my message,” Emerald began, before Speda interrupted her.

“What does it say?” Speda questioned.

“I was getting to that!” Emerald retorted, before clearing her throat and reading the message.

“It says, ‘Hey Emerald, just got your message. For now, just set up camp where you are, and then we’ll figure stuff out in the morning. -Love, Sunset Shimmer’.”

“I agree with her,” Speda stated, “Let’s set up camp. If I remember correctly, there are some supplies in our bags.”

Emerald agreed, so they set up their tent and sleeping bags, before going to sleep, hoping for a restful night.

Author's Note:

Sorry y'all for the hiatus, but I needed to get some stuff done, and then school started, which took a lot of time. Anyways, Merry Christmas to all you loyal readers, as well as any new ones! I shouldn't have to take another hiatus like I did, but if I do, I'll let y'all know. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the new chapter!
-Emerald Breeze, signing off.