• Published 15th Aug 2020
  • 1,246 Views, 191 Comments

Wherever the Light Shines: Part 2 - MLPSolarDash1907



After fighting off a lion, Mystic discovers a plan to invade the land of Equestria. Deciding to travel there, she's unaware she'll run into six familiar faces. In the Crystal Empire, Starlight is looking into spell hypotheses and wants to crack them.

  • ...
5
 191
 1,246

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7 - Framed

Being a Wonderbolt and a weather mare can be a drag sometimes, especially in the mornings. Rainbow has to meet with her fellow comrades in the middle of the morning, which wouldn’t have been much of a problem if she didn’t have to place clouds around Ponyville with the team for a partially cloudy day. She had gotten up, taken a shower, eaten cereal, and made sure she looked awesome for her job. Now, she flies over Ponyville placing a couple of clouds in their places as Blossomforth flies up next to her.

“Is this the last of them?” Rainbow asked her.

“Seems like it,” replied Blossomforth.

“Good,” said Rainbow, a bit relieved, “I’ve got to get going, my fellow Wonderbolts and I are meeting later today.”

Blossomforth nodded and Rainbow flew off in the direction of her house to get her uniform on. She sighed, feeling relaxed as the wind blew past her and through her multi-colored mane. It’s nice to relax for a little bit when things get tough. Her thoughts return yet again with what’s happening with the School, but she tries to push them aside to enjoy her short flight.

A voice called out to her, but she kept going.

“Rainbow Dash!” the voice called again. This time, Rainbow stopped and turned to the source of the voice.

Fluttershy was flying towards her, an urgent look on her face.

“Hey Flutters,” said Rainbow, bearing a look of confusion. “What’re you doing here so early? Aren’t you at the sanctuary at this time?”

“No time to worry about that,” Fluttershy said urgently. “I woke up and all of my animals in the cottage are still asleep, they didn’t even wake up when I came down from bed!”

“What?!” Rainbow asked, taken aback, “Are you sure they’re just not really sleepy?”

“Some usually wake up but even when I tried waking them up, they were just out cold.”

Rainbow’s eyes widened, knowing Fluttershy wouldn’t lie about her animals like this.

“And I woke up to check on my guest too, but she’s gone as well!” Fluttershy said, more urgent than ever.

“Are you kidding?!”

“No, but I don’t think she could’ve gotten too far with that wound of hers, but again, I don’t know how well she could’ve gotten around it,” Fluttershy nervously pawed her mane.

Rainbow grew a determined look and snorted, “It wouldn’t surprise me at all if that unicorn had something to do with the animals.”

Fluttershy’s eyes widened, “You don’t think that do you?”

“Yes. I do.”

Fluttershy gained an uncertain look, furrowing her brows.

“I’m going around town to see if I can find anything,” said Rainbow, “You go and see if any animals have seen her.”

Fluttershy nodded, “Be careful with her wound, please.”

Rainbow sighed and slightly nodded. The rainbow-maned pegasus zoomed above Ponyville, looking around at everypony below as they headed off to work or attended at home business. Not many ponies were out, which made it a little easier to spot who she was looking for. Deciding to head left, Rainbow scanned the town square, seeing the mayor discussing with a few ponies, a few more were heading to the mayor as well, the blue pegasus flew down and landed close to the group.

“The jewelry shop’s window is smashed and the displays are ruined!” one pony complained.

“I saw it when I was heading over to meet the jeweler for that diamond necklace I ordered!” a mare complained.

“Stay calm, everypony,” Mayor Mare said in her authoritative tone, “I’ll take care of everything.”

“What’s happening?” Rainbow asked. Mayor Mare turned to Rainbow Dash; relief washed over her features.

“Oh, thank goodness, Rainbow Dash,” she said, “Apparently some ponies saw that there’s some damage done to the southern part of town and that some jewelry has been stolen, too.”

“What?!”

“I’m just finding out about this, and I’d like for you to head down and see what’s been done.”

Rainbow nodded with a determined look, “Sure thing, I won’t let you down!”

Rainbow took to the sky once again, as she flew her mind began racing with concern for ponies in the south part. Were they hurt? What else had been taken or done?

“Just what I needed before heading to the Wonderbolts,” she muttered.

Gazing at the buildings below her, Rainbow saw some damage done to some carts, a cottage and the jewelry store’s window shattered. Flying down, she approached the broken window and met up with an officer. Grey stallion with a light grey mane, blue eyes and dressed in the usual Ponyville police outfit.

“Officer, I’ve been told by the mayor to come down here,” Rainbow explained.

The officer looked at her, “Oh, Miss Rainbow Dash. Great thing you came here.”

Rainbow nodded, “Do you know what’s been done to Ponyville?”

“Yes,” the officer replied, writing down on his notes, “Aside from the windows we’ve seen smashed carts, a cottage is damaged, a water fountain has been destroyed, a few food stands have been smashed, among some other damage.”

“Whoa, have there been any sightings or hearings of last night?”

“I’ve talked with a few ponies and a couple did say there were strangle scuffling around town and hearing the window shattering, but we haven’t found anypony who’s seen who could’ve caused this.”

“I’ll look around and see if I spot anything,” Rainbow looked around and muttered, “After all, I think I know who did this.”

“You think you know who did this?” the officer asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Uhm, no, but I have a suspect,” Rainbow quickly said, “Don’t worry, I’ll do what I can!”

The officer nodded and went to meet up with a couple of other officers that were standing in front of now empty barrels. Rainbow looked around to see other ponies looking around and upset at the damage done, and one pony wanting to find whoever did this and make them pay. With the School and Bullion on her mind, Rainbow begins thinking of ways to shut this new problem with this unicorn down.

“I’ll find you, and I will make sure you don’t hurt my friends or our town anymore!” Rainbow said to herself, determined to find Mystic. She took off to the sky, her loyalty to her friends kicking in.


Mystic’s eyes snapped open and she groaned. Sitting up, she held her head, feeling a small bump on it as she looked around. Her vision’s blurry but it was starting to clear.

“Oh, you moron, Mystic, what have you gotten into now?” she scolded herself. She rubbed her eyes with her hooves, feeling pain in her foreleg, she pulled back and looked at it. Oh, yeah, the wound, she remembered now. It still stung and needs more healing ingredients. She hates being unable to use it.

Looking around, she saw the fruits and vegetables stacked on top and around her. Her eyes slightly widened as she held her head again.

She slightly groaned, “Good grief, did I go crazy last night or something?” Momentarily forgetting about... Her eyes widened, she perked up. She remembered putting Fluttershy’s animals to sleep, sneaking out, getting the apples to the...

“The lion,” she whispered. Standing up, she looked to see the sun rising. “Oh shoot! I should’ve been long gone by now!”

She looked around for her satchel and found it right next to her. She grabbed it with her magic and putting it back around her, she saw the bag of apples. But they were smushed.

“So much for them being a quick meal,” she said, frustrated.

No time to worry about that now, Mystic began walking out. her wound began hurting more, but she ignored it.

If her hunch was right, Fluttershy was probably awake by now and looking for her. She had to get out of there.

Heading to the opposite side of the alleyway, Mystic looked out to see some ponies walking around, she quickly hid and watched them leave before she began making her way to the other side of the street.

The unicorn made her way down another alleyway, but when she reached the other side, the cottages became more open and there wasn’t much to blend into the shadows. However, she noticed that she’s close to the outskirts of town, and she could make her way at just the right time when no ponies were around.

“This village seems brighter than other places I’ve been,” she muttered, “Plus the buildings seem a little further apart than what I’ve encountered.”

Brighter. She’s felt that since Appleloosa, as well as a harmonious feel from the land.

But no time to dwell on that, looking up to the sky, she saw a couple of pegasi flying, when they moved on, she quickly made her way over to the next cottage. She arrived at a corner and ducked behind a bush to make sure it was clear.

Her eyes widened when she saw a familiar blue pegasus with a rainbow mane scouring the area. Mystic stayed hidden, hoping she would leave.

A minute passed and she had had moved Heart slightly pounding, not wanting to be seen by—

Mystic heard squeak of metal to her left. She sharply looked to the left and saw a mailmare with yellow eyes that weren’t aligned like other ponies. She looked at Mystic with curiosity.

Mystic gave her a little glare, “What’re you looking at, huh?”

The mare said nothing but just maintained a curious look.

...

Mystic felt awkward, a pony has seen her, but hasn’t said a word. Mystic’s eyes darted around, looking at her surroundings again. Mystic looked back at the mailmare and forced a very awkward grin before taking off like a bullet to her destination.

Mystic triple checked to make sure nopony was around. It was getting harder to not be seen as ponies are starting to emerge from their houses. But Mystic is close to getting out of town. She’s only a couple blocks away and was about to make her move.

“I can’t believe the new shipment of produce has been ransacked!” cried an upset female voice.

Mystic inwardly gasped before rolling across the ground to behind a barrel. Two female produce ponies were talking and walking as they discussed their frustrations.

“I know,” the second mare, “Don’t they know how expensive produce can be at times?”

Mystic looked down at her clothes and noticed that they were covered in juices from the produces. Great, now she has to wash up. Then, she noticed the diamond necklace around her neck.

She had to refrain from gasping. What was this doing here?!

Inwardly panicking a moment, her gaze dashed all around looking for a place to put the necklace. But there wasn’t much of a place.

She sighed, she thought about putting it back at the jewelry shop, but there were probably ponies surrounding that area now. Mystic sighed, deciding to toss the jewelry onto the ground before she began to move again.

“Hold it right there!” a familiar voice rang out. Mystic froze and her eyes darted up to see Rainbow Dash heading to her with a full-on glare. She stopped a few feet away from Mystic.

“Where do you think you’re going?” she demanded.

Mystic couldn’t think of a response, she tried to form words but all that came out were uncertain sounds.

“Do you know what you’ve done?!” Rainbow bellowed, “You put my friend’s animals to sleep, you damaged parts of the town, and the jewelry window is smashed!”

Mystic shuffled awkwardly, but managed to stand straight despite her injury, “What, those animals were going to wake up when they were supposed to?”

“Well, they didn’t! They’re still asleep!”

Mystic chuckled awkwardly, “Maybe I did put a bit too much for them for good measure.”

Rainbow snarled at her, prompting Mystic to form her own glare.

“Look, Skittle Head,” Mystic said in a low voice, “I don’t want more to do with you or this place. I just want to get out of here and continue on my way.”

“Not after what you’ve done! You stole produce and jewelry, didn’t you?!”

“What? I did not!”

“Yes, you did! You’re covered in produce juices!” Rainbow pointed a hoof at her.

Mystic groaned, “Look, I had a bad night alright?”

“How about you just come quietly so we can deal with this?”

Mystic began to get very annoyed, she had to get out of this situation, “I had a match with a wild animal, and I apologize for what happened here!”

“Yeah, right! Don’t try to fool me!”

Mystic growled, prompting Rainbow to lower herself in a fighting position, “Look pegasus, you don’t like me, I don’t like you. But I haven't stolen anything.”

“I believe you have. I think you just sealed yourself for trouble!”

“Whatever gave you an idea?!” Mystic demanded.

Rainbow looked over Mystic’s shoulder, gasping and snarling again.

“Not stealing anything, huh?” she pointed behind Mystic.

Mystic raised an eyebrow before she looked behind her and her eyes widened when she saw the necklace. She looked back at Rainbow, who was about ready to pounce.

“O-Okay listen here!” Mystic stammered with a defensive glare, “I know this looks like what you think, but-”

“Enough!” Rainbow screeched, “You’re going to get it now!” Rainbow flew right at Mystic, the unicorn jumped right out of the way, causing Rainbow to screech to a stop and whirl back around before coming back again.

This time, Rainbow grabbed a hold of Mystic, taking off down the street with her. Mystic quickly gained herself, punched Rainbow in the face and kicked her stomach, causing the pegasus to let go and Mystic landing on her hooves. Rainbow turned around, apparently not fazed much.

“You struck first, hothead!” Mystic shouted.

Rainbow charged again, but Mystic managed to block her attack with her good foreleg and slam Rainbow to the ground. The pegasus got up and threw several punches, but Mystic blocked every one of them with her uninjured foreleg.

Mystic threw a punch, and it landed on Rainbow’s face, however, Rainbow regained herself and punched Mystic to the ground.

Landing on the ground, Rainbow was about to kick Mystic, but the unicorn swooped around, kicking her off her hooves and kicked her again into some barrels. Rainbow shot up, a death glare on her features.

Charging again, Rainbow kicked a barrel Mystic’s way, the unicorn’s horn glowed and she blasted it to smithereens. When she did, Rainbow was right on her, the pegasus tackled her, but Mystic managed to force them on both hind hooves, both glaring right in each other’s eyes.

“You asked for it now, nuisance!” Mystic growled.

“Likewise!” Rainbow growled back.

Rainbow took to the sky, surprising Mystic a little bit, but the unicorn headbutted Rainbow, causing the pegasus to lose her grip, and Mystic leapt onto the top of a roof. Rainbow flew back and right at Mystic, landing a punch as she flew past. Mystic fell but stood back up, only to receive another punch from the other direction. Growing tired of this, her horn glowed again, this time a magical glowing blue rope appeared, growing in length. When Rainbow began heading back, Mystic threw the rope at her like a lasso and grabbed Rainbow with it.

Mystic pulled Rainbow towards her, and the unicorn threw another punch, causing Rainbow to go back out from her again, then Mystic dragged her back again with her lasso and threw another punch. Rainbow tried to attack again, but Mystic did a forward somersault onto another cottage’s roof.

Getting the magical rope off her, Rainbow charged again, Mystic leapt onto another rooftop, causing Rainbow to chase after her.

Mystic did several somersaults to get to another rooftop, she seemed to be getting along just fine now, considering her injury. Soon, it became a bit of a chase, with Mystic leaping onto rooftop after rooftop, sending some blasts of magic right at Rainbow.

Mystic formed another lasso and tossed it right at Rainbow, but the pegasus dodged it, caught up with Mystic and landed a solid blow on her face. Mystic grabbed her hooves and slung her right onto the roof and kicked her to the ground.

Rainbow let out a shout and dashed right at Mystic, catching her by the injured foreleg.

“Youch!” Mystic yelped, “Cheap move! Distasteful!” She headbutted Rainbow again, causing the pegasus to fall flat on her back.

Mystic kicked her again and leapt onto another rooftop, Rainbow followed her. When Rainbow neared her, Mystic turned back around and delivered a twirling kick and hit Rainbow on the side, she threw another rope, but Rainbow dodged it, did a quick U-turn and tackled Mystic again.

Both tumbled down to the street where Mystic pushed up against Rainbow and sent her flying into a rose garden. Mystic began walking over to her, forming a deep glare.

“You’re a real imbecile, you foolish mare,” she growled.

Rainbow didn’t reply but got up and tackled Mystic again. Rainbow pinned her to the ground, but Mystic slid under Rainbow and to behind her, kicking her in the flank and shoving her to the ground. Rainbow got back up and attacked. Both mares threw their own punches at one another, hardly blocking the other’s as some bystanders watched in horror.

Mystic ducked and shoved Rainbow again before jumping on to the top of another cottage. She fired another beam of magic at Rainbow, but the pegasus dodged it and zoomed right up to her, grabbing her. Mystic tried to free herself, but Rainbow had a firm grip on her this time. Mystic noticed that Rainbow was taking her high above Ponyville, up to the clouds.

“Now we’re in my territory!” Rainbow boldly declared.

Mystic grunted as she tried to wriggle free from Rainbow’s grasp. The hotheaded pegasus smirked mockingly.

“Oh, no, you’re not gonna go anywhere now,” she said.

Mystic glared, “Oh, you think you’re awesome?” She got right up into Rainbow’s face, “Let’s see how awesome I am!” With that, Mystic poked Rainbow hard in the ribs, causing her to wince but still hold on. Mystic poked her multiple times before Rainbow’s grip loosened, and using her injured foreleg, poked Rainbow in the eye, causing her to yelp, lose her grip and hold her eye.

Mystic began falling back to Earth. She heard Rainbow gasp as she fell through a clourd and came out the other side.

Mystic is diving right towards the windmill, she levitated her machete out of her sheath as she got right next to the windmill, sticking her machete into the fabric of one of its sails, sliding down as the machete tore a hole through it. Mystic jumped onto the top of another sail and leaped over to the top of another cottage.

Mystic put her machete back into her sheath, standing in a fighting position while making sure her injured foreleg wasn’t hurt too much.

“If I wasn’t hurt, you’d be hurting a lot more than you are now,” Mystic remarked.

“Oh, yeah? I’ve only gotten started,” Rainbow declared.

Mystic smirked deviously, getting an adrenaline rush, “Oh, we’ll see about that.”

Rainbow snorted and Mystic charged this time, the unicorn threw a punch, but Rainbow dodged it. The pegasus was about to strike, but Mystic threw her head back and headbutted Rainbow, causing her to stumble back and Mystic to knock her off her hooves again.

The unicorn kicked Rainbow causing her to slide off the roof into a box of hay. Mystic jumped down after her, landing an elbow attack right on her. Rainbow screamed in anger and kicked Mystic out of the box, causing the unicorn to careen out onto the street, landing right on her side. She got back up, Rainbow was on her again and both began throwing punches at her again.

Mystic blocked them with her good foreleg as her horn glowed again, she grabbed Rainbow’s tail with her magical rope and tied it around her rival’s tail. Mystic could tell she’d surprised the pegasus but barely gave her moment to do anything as Mystic lifted the rope into the air, spinning Rainbow high above her. Mystic chuckled deviously as she watched the pegasus try to get free and screaming.

“See ya later, you hotheaded loser!” Mystic shouted triumphantly before she threw the rope and Rainbow over some cottages and into the apple trees in the distance. Mystic put a hoof up to her ear, listening closely and heard a crash. She laughed a little to herself before taking off again, feeling satisfied to get a morning’s adrenaline rush.


Rainbow had landed just on the edge of Sweet Apple Acres. She’d crashed through a couple of trees and had knocked quite a bit of apples onto the ground. She groaned in pain as she held her head. Standing up, she looked at the accursed magic rope around her tail.

“Rainbow Dash?” a familiar voice called.

The pegasus turned to see Applejack heading to her, a horrified look on her face before it turned into a glare.

“What didja do?!” she demanded.

Before Applejack could go on, Rainbow stopped her quickly, “I didn’t do this! It’s that pony Fluttershy was taking care of! She’s causing trouble around Ponyville!”

“What?!” Applejack gasped as Rainbow took the rope off her tail.

“I know! I’ve spoken to witnesses and they saw her sneaking around last night!” That was a lie, but Rainbow was very convincing, and Applejack formed a determined look on her face.

“Ah came to the area where Winona was barking at somepony last night. Ah believe somepony was stealin’ ma apples last night, Ah sure hope it weren’t her,” she said.

“Don’t be surprised if it is.”

“Where didja fight her at?”

Rainbow pointed where she just came flying from, Applejack nodded and took off while the pegasus brushed a smushed apple out of her mane.


Adrenaline pumped through Mystic’s system as she sped through the town, looking for the way out. While she did get a little excited showing that boastful pegasus who’s the boss, she needed to move now. She rounded a corner but screeched to a stop when she saw Applejack glaring at her.

“Oh, you too?” she asked nonchalantly, smirking a little.

“What in tarnation do ya think yer doing little missy?!” Applejack demanded.

“Teaching a hotheaded pegasus who the real boss is.”

“You landed her in ma orchard!”

“Oooopppsss,” Mystic mocked, smirking a little wider.

“Ah ain’t wantin’ to fight ya, but can we please talk about this?” Applejack asked, standing in a more normal way, trying to show she doesn’t want to fight, “Look, see?”

Mystic scoffed, not trusting her, and knowing they're on her case, “Yeah right, I don’t rely on anypony out here. So, I think I’m going to fight you, too.”

“Oh no, you don’t!” Rainbow cried. The pegasus tackled her again, causing Mystic to grunt. Mystic felt herself pinned to the ground.

“Rainbow Dash!” Applejack scolded, “That wasn’t necessary!”

“Oh, come on! She clearly was gonna attack you!” replied Rainbow, not turning to face her friend.

“Ah wouldn’t made sure she didn’t! There’s no need for this!”

“She did it first to me!”

“Oh, now you’re lying!” Mystic shouted before shoving Rainbow off her and tying her hind legs with another magical rope.

“No, you’re lying!” Rainbow shouted, sitting up before Mystic tied her forelegs up.

“Stop now!” Applejack told Mystic.

Mystic turned and glared at the apple pony, “I don’t think I should.” She formed another magical rope, ready to tie Applejack up.

“Enough!” a loud voice boomed.

Mystic found her rope dissipating before her eyes as a magenta glow formed around her. Her eyes widened as she tried to move, but she couldn’t.

“What’s going on?!” she demanded.

Twilight Sparkle, with her wings spread out, horn alit with her traditional magenta magic, hovered down to her friends and Mystic. Twilight turned to Rainbow and undid the ropes.

“I think that’s enough from you,” she said to Rainbow, then she turned to Mystic, a disappointed glare on her face, “And you, what’s going on with you?”

“Clearly I’ve somehow wandered into the wrong town,” Mystic grumbled.

“She put Fluttershy’s animals to sleep and caused all kinds of trouble around town!” Rainbow pointed a hoof at Mystic, “I’ve spoken with some witnesses that saw her last night!”

Twilight sighed, “Look, things are a little messy right now. Why don’t we all calm down and head back to my Castle and discuss this?”

Mystic tried moving again, but she could only move her eyes and talk.

“What is this spell?!” she asked.

“A spell to safely contain ponies and other creatures,” replied Twilight, “But now, we’ve got to take care of business first.”

Mystic groaned, seeing no way out of this one. She lowered her gaze, looking at the ground.

Busted.


About an hour later, Twilight, her friends, and Spike sit in their respected seats while Mystic sits in a chair brought in from the dining room. All of the ponies and dragon had variety looks of disappointment and anger. Rainbow is full-on glaring at Mystic, while Fluttershy had a disappointed glare on her face for what Mystic did to her animals. Thankfully, they’re awake now though and running around like normal. It’s been silent for about a minute in the Map room until Mystic dryly chuckled.

“Is anypony getting a sense of déjà vu from this? Because I sure am,” she said.

“Oh, be quiet!” Rainbow demanded, wincing slightly before holding an ice pack to her head, “I’m late for the Wonderbolts as it is!”

“Rainbow!” Twilight snapped, “I think you’ve done enough with her.”

“Tell her, your majesty,” said Mystic.

“You’re not off the hook here,” Twilight glared, “From what I’ve been told you stole apples from Applejack, wrecked stands and places around the town, broke into the jewelry store and stole a diamond necklace.” Mystic rolled her eyes as Twilight went on, “However, since we want to do our best to see the best in somepony, we decided to get with you to hear your side of the story.”

Mystic scoffed, “My story? Might as well gotten skittle head to tell you it.”

“And I’ll gladly tell them how I met with multiple witnesses that saw you last night,” Rainbow growled.

“We already talked about’em Rainbow,” said Applejack, “Simmer down.”

Rainbow said nothing and looked away, glaring.

“Now, Mystic was it?” Twilight asked. The unicorn raised an eyebrow, “Fluttershy told us your name.”

Mystic looked over at Fluttershy, and she still maintained her disappointed glare. Mystic sighed and looked back at Twilight, “Yes.”

“Why did you do what you did last night?”

Mystic sighed, “I didn’t want to be here, even when you think I needed help. I would’ve been out of here, yet, one of your friends was insistent she’d help me out.”

“You looked like you needed it,” Rarity muttered, Mystic felt annoyed but ignored her comment.

“I did take some of the apple pony’s apples because I wanted to head out and have a little something to eat after I lost my food when those wolf things attacked me, and I...” Mystic cleared her throat, “I fought a wild beast in town.”

Twilight raised an eyebrow. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah, there wasn’t any evidence of any wild creatures,” said Applejack, “All of the damage seems to be well...caused by you?”

Mystic wondered how the lion last night could’ve cleaned himself up so well last night. Why didn’t he kill her when he had a chance? Then, maybe, with lions being stealthy, maybe they can clean themselves up too?

“Oh, I’m sorry if I’ve caused you misery and around the town,” Mystic said sarcastically, “Oh, wait, I’m not! This is just ridiculous here!” Mystic pointed around at the room.

“You’re right, this is ridiculous,” said Rainbow.

“Nopony asked for your opinion!”

“Stop it both of you!” Twilight shouted, causing the two mares to shut up. “I’ve discussed this with the mayor, and I don’t want you to possibly be thrown in jail for vandalism and theft, but she trusts us and our judgments we make together as a group.” She cleared her throat, “So, we just need you to calm down and discuss with us.”

Mystic sighed, crossing her forelegs, “Fine. Just don’t push me.”

“I’m honestly very disappointed in you,” said Fluttershy. Mystic looked at her, “After the kindness I showed you, you had to sneak out and put my animals under a sleeping spell.” She stood up in her seat, “Don’t you know that magic shouldn’t be used the same way as it is on ponies?”

Mystic shrugged, “Eh, they seemed to take it fine.”

“Don’t ever do that to animals, you got that?” Fluttershy glared. Mystic shrugged but nodded, “I hope so.” She turned to Rainbow, “And you, Rainbow, how could you fight with her when she was injured?”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Rainbow quickly said, “She attacked me first! I had to defend myself!”

Fluttershy looked over at Mystic with another disappointed glare, “Did you?”

“No, I didn’t she attacked me first.”

“Liar!” Rainbow cried.

Mystic snorted as Twilight signaled Rainbow to calm down again.

“Look, are we done here? I’ve been sitting around for a while now,” Mystic yawned.

“Far from it,” said Twilight, “Now, where were you heading last night?”

“I was wanting out of here, I was traveling and stumbled into trouble in the forest,” Mystic explained.

“You’re going to have to do better at telling us where you were going and what you were doing than that.”

Mystic sighed, “Look, it’s my business! I handle things myself and I cannot rely on anypony out there!”

“Mystic,” Fluttershy said softly, “Please consider telling us.” She had somewhat of a pleading look, Mystic looked at her. She had a thought of telling everypony here about what she was doing, about the lion last night, and her lost map and medallion. However, her pride’s been damaged and she’s been held back multiple times, especially by that rainbow pony. Nopony seemed trustworthy, not even the kindest one among them. Mystic scowled again.

“No,” she said sharply.

“I told you what I wanted. I wanted out. Went to get apples. Fought a wild beast. I woke up and later ended here.” She crossed her forelegs, leaning back into the chair. “End of story.”

The Mane Six and Spike looked at one another. Mystic didn’t pay them any mind.

“Mystic,” Twilight finally said, the unicorn looked at her, “Can you follow Spike outside and let us discuss things in here?”

“Gladly,” she replied, standing up and walking to the door, Spike made his way to the door, opened it and both went out.

“So, what’re we going to do?” Rarity asked.

“I’m thinking about that now,” replied Twilight.

“What an uncouth pony, she needs to clean herself up,” Rarity whispered to herself.

“I’m not too good at thinking of what to do with her,” Pinkie piped up, “But what happened wasn’t good.”

“I just think she needs to do some serious cleaning up,” said Rainbow, trying not to sound too rash.

“Maybe so,” said Rarity, “As well as a bath.”

“Not our main focus, Rarity,” said Applejack, causing the fashionista to roll her eyes.

“Rainbow, you’re again sure you spoke to multiple witnesses?” Twilight asked.

“Yes!” Rainbow groaned, “For the hundredth time, I did speak to them and they saw Mystic last night.”

“Are you just trying to get at Mystic fer some reason?” Applejack asked with a skeptical eyebrow.

“What? No!” Rainbow cried, appalled, “I am just trying to help out too! After all, Twilight said it herself, Mayor Mare trusts us with our judgments, and we trust one another, right?”

“Ah guess so.”

“I know so.”

“In addition, the Grand Galloping Gala is coming up soon, and I for one don’t want anypony to worry about Ponyville being in shambles,” said Rarity.

“But what about that wild beast she mentioned?” Fluttershy asked.

“And you trust her?” Rainbow asked skeptically, “I mean she attacked me and tried to attack Applejack.”

“She did try to attack me,” said Applejack, rubbing her chin.

“I’m starting to think maybe there was another scenario,” said Fluttershy, giving Rainbow a look. The pegasus’ eyes widened.

“What? Why would you think I was lying?!” Rainbow snapped.

“I didn’t say you were, it’s just I’ve spoken to Mystic while I’ve been trying to get her to warm up to me,” Fluttershy looked at Twilight, “Twilight, Mystic told me that friendship is great for some ponies but not her. There’s surviving or not.”

“Really?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, and I think she could use a friend, but she’s just not admitting it.”

Twilight rubbed her chin, “Well, even though what she did to Rainbow wasn’t right, I do think there might’ve been something more than what it seems.”

“But there isn’t any evidence of any wild beast, we’d surely see something,” said Rarity.

“There isn’t, but I think I’ll have a look around and make sure.”

“We can’t have her off the hook without consequences,” said Rainbow.

“Yer one to talk, Rainbow. You want to get off the hook from time to time,” said Applejack.

“That’s unrelated to Mystic, AJ,” Rainbow said sharply, causing the apple pony to roll her eyes. She looked back at Twilight, “I know I’ve done foolish things in the past, but I learned from them. Don’t you trust me, Twi?”

“Yes, and I think I might know of a way to handle Mystic and handle the townsfolk too,” said Twilight. She looked at Applejack.

“Didn’t you and your family begin harvesting?” she asked.

“Yes, we’ll be doin’ more of that tomorrow and fixing up around the farm,” said Applejack.

“Good,” said Twilight, “I don’t suppose Mystic could help out to start paying off her loan?”

Applejack thought for a minute, but nodded, “I can get Big Mac to make sure she does her work.”

“Good.”

She looked at Pinkie and nodded, the pink mare nodded and opened the door.

“You can come back in now!” she called down the hall.

She sat back down, Spike came in and Mystic followed.

“So, what’s the verdict?” Mystic asked with a huff.

“Mystic, you’re not going to jail,” Twilight started, “And we thought and talked about it, so, we’re going to have you work at Sweet Apple Acres to start paying off your loan.”

“What?” Mystic asked. She scoffed, “You’re kidding.”

“Nope, and you’ll be doing work around the town and doing repairs. Your primary source of bits will come from Sweet Apple Acres so you can pay off your loan.”

“Oh, come on,” Mystic pouted, facehoofing, “Can’t you see...”

“I know you want to leave, but you haven’t given us a good enough reason why we should let you leave, and we need you to stay and do your part.”

Mystic groaned, but looked at her foreleg,

She smirked. “Oh, look my widdle foreleg is hurt!” And my back has a scratch on it! How am I gonna pay off anything if I’m hurt? Flutters doesn’t want me hurt. And there’s no way you’re gonna make me fix the town.”

“Oh, I am glad you mentioned that,” Twilight smiled, standing up and began walking to her. “I have a friend who sent me a letter and she’s been working on new spells. She managed to make one work.” She stopped in front of Mystic, the unicorn’s smirk now gone. “That’ll heal pony limbs.” Twilight’s smile grew, “And I happen to know it works right now. I tried it out earlier today.”

Mystic’s eyes widened as Twilight looked at her injured foreleg, focused her purple magic and let it flow onto it. Soon, the bandages peeled back and revealed a fully healed foreleg. The pain in her back is gone as well. Twilight’s friends are impressed.

“Curse that spell maker!” Mystic shouted, scowling, sitting down on the floor and crossing her forelegs.

Twilight turned to Applejack, “Do you think you can take her now?”

Applejack nodded with a proud smile, “Yes, Ah will.” She trotted over to Mystic and bumped her on the side, “Come on now, you’ve got a lot of work to get done and hardly any time to do it.”

“Yaaaayyyy...” Mystic droned.

Author's Note:

So, Mystic vs. Rainbow Dash huh? I thought this fight was a fun one to do, and while writing this, one of the first few scenes was Mystic pulling out her machete and sticking it into the sail of the windmill.

PreviousChapters Next