• Published 14th Apr 2020
  • 10,856 Views, 305 Comments

Twilight sparkle lord of death - Dark1777



The story begins on the day of the wedding rehearsal between BBBFF of twilight captain shining amor and princess mi amore cadenza.

  • ...
53
 305
 10,856

Chap 12: The Broken Harmony

At Ponyville

The royal horse-drawn carriage landed. Main Five, Princess Celestia, Princess Cadence, Shining Armor descend from the royal carriage. It amazes all the residents of Ponyville to see that both princesses are in town. Mayor of Ponyville stepped closer and bowed to Princess Celestia and Princess Cadence.


“Please forgive me, princess. We haven't heard any announcements about you coming here, so we haven't prepared anything to welcome you.” mayor said anxiously.


“It's fine, mayor. I came here for some urgent business. I am looking for Twilight, did you see her anywhere?” Princess Celestial asked while looking around. She tried to hide her worry.


“Twilight? Oh, Um, I think so but I'm not sure if it was her or not she looked a little different?” mayor answered hesitantly.


“Are you looking for Twilight?” Cheerilee came from the crowd and stood beside mayor.


“Yes, do you know where she is? We are looking for her.” Main Five stands next to Princess Cadence and Shining Armor.


“Yes, I met and talked to her but, she seemed more distant, darker and more terrifying, especially her horns and cutie mark. And even when I asked her about you, she answered that she didn't care and walked away, although I'm not very close to her, I've never seen her like that. Did something happen to her princess?” Cheerilee asked worriedly.


Princess Celestial sighed, lowered her head in shame and said “Yes, because of my stupid mistake I hurt her” Princess Celestial tried to control her sobs.


“That is not entirely your fault, princess. We are also at fault, we are her friends, we should have stayed with her instead of leaving to comfort the impostor, we promised to take our friends seriously after lesson zero but we didn't live up to our promise, I guess we didn't really learn anything about that lesson because if we did, we wouldn't have left her on the wedding rehearsal night.” Applejack said walking over to Princess Celestia, and she took off her cowboy hat, lowered her face in embarrassment.


All Main Five walked up beside Applejack and confessed their sins to the residents of Ponyville. All the ponies in the village come and surround them, including their entire family.


“I am the Element Of Loyalty, but I was disloyal to Twilight when I abandoned her and went to comfort the impostor for my Sonic Rainboom show. I am a traitor, I am not the Element Of Loyalty,” Rainbow confessed with anger and disappointment in himself.


“I was so selfish to leave Twilight that night, I caused a friend of mine to suffer just because of my selfishness ... I don't deserve to be an Element Of Generosity” said Rarity sobbing. Her tears streamed down her face staining her mascara, but she doesn’t mind it, after all she can always fix it, but maybe she’ll never be able to fix Twilight and the friendship that she broke.


"Hic. How could I be so cruel to Twilight she always helped me whenever I needed her. Why did I leave her when She needed me? I’m an awful friend, I never deserved the Element Of Kindness!" Flutershy burst into tears on Rainbow Dash’s shoulders. Rainbow rubbed Flutershy’s back, tried to comfort her but failed, and then her tears fell.


“I will never have a party again until Twilight returns, there will be no partie and I will not eat any more cakes, the Element Of Laughter will never laugh again.” It completely shattered Pinkie Pie when she found out that her unicorn friend lost all her feelings just because she wasn’t with her when she needed it most. Instead of bringing joy to the pony who needed it most, she brought that joy to an impostor and threw sadness at her friend.


“I was a liar ... I lied to myself and my friends when I said that Princess Cadence was only stressed out before the wedding, I lied to Twilight and the princess that I learned a lesson about taking my friends seriously after the zero lesson, and now, the truth is that I learned nothing ... I’m just a lousy liar, I never deserved to be an Element Of Honesty.” Applejack shakily said with tears streaming down her face.


“Oh!!!!!!!!! Twily!!!! I ... I’m sorry I’m very, very sorry, please, please come back to us please.” in the end Shining Armor could not hold himself up any longer, he collapsed in his guilt. He screamed his sister’s name desperately begging her to come back, but it would never happen, what was done was done, the words said were irrevocable, as well as time forever unable to return so that he could correct his past mistakes.


“I don’t deserve to be her mentor whenever a threat comes to Equestria, I always put her and her friends in danger to deal with them. The first pony that should stand out to fight must be me, I should not have relied too much on the Elements Of Harmony I’m a coward, and now, after all she did for me, after all the respect and loyalty she gave me I betrayed her, abandoned her while she was just trying to warn me, Because of my foolishness and arrogance, I almost lost Equestria hooves of the Changeling Queen, even though the enemy was finally defeated, my faithful students paid a heavy price for my stupid mistake!! I no longer deserve to be the ruler of Equestria!” Princess Celestia’s calm mask finally broke. She knelt down and sobbed like a filly, making all residents of Ponyville astonished to see the sun goddess, the ruler of power, completely collapsed in front of them.


Main Five, Shining Armor, Princess Celestia sobbed in despair as she remembered how they had pushed their friend, a loyal student, LSBFF into despair. And now, they understood the feeling of despair Twilight had experienced when they left her, ignored her, and betrayed her. But, even if they were desperate now, suffering screamed her name and begged her to come back, everything was too late now. Just like what Twilight had said, they all had the opportunity to choose to trust her, to stay and comfort her... instead they chose to abandon her, turning away from her, betraying her beliefs, And their wrong choice made her lose her feeling and become an empty shell. And now she was leaving them forever, and there was nothing they could do to bring her back.


At Everfree Forest.


Twilight is standing in front of the door of an ancient pyramid-like monument with strange ancient words engraved on the door. She stepped closer to read the words carved on the door.


“Hmmm... I have never seen this kind of writing before. There are no books about it. Although Celestia had told me about some ancient relics that existed hundreds of years ago, though I never heard her talk about the ancient ruins in the Everfree forest.” Twilight said, reading the writing on the door.


“I don’t think this belongs to your world, master” Death said


“What do you mean? Do you mean it came from another world? Do you know what it is and where it came from?” Twilight asked.


"Yes! My master. But I don’t know what it is or where it came from. Because there are many parallel worlds in this universe, I’ve never visited them all, my lord.” Death replied.


“But ... I can feel a stream of power coming from these, it seems these words are a seal, maybe the owner of this ancient monument doesn’t want to give it up. Anyone who enters this place got trapped." Death added.


“So there’s no way to open it?” Twilight asked.


“Master, if it was normal, then only the owner of the seal could open it, but, you’re the Lord Of Death so for seals like this you could easily open them. All you needed to do was transfer your power into the seal which was too weak for you so it could not withstand your power and would be destroyed.” Death explained.


Twilight followed the instructions of Death. She closed her eyes and concentrated her power, her horn lit up with dark gray magic, she opened her eyes, her eyes turned to icy blue again, she shot her magic at the door. Until the door glowed red before the words on the door disappeared and the seal was destroyed, opening the door of the monument.


Twilight drew back her magic, her eyes returning to the cold gray, In front of her now was a dark passage leading to the inside of the monument. After a while staring at it, she walked into the aisle, the darkness in the tunnel covering her. After she stepped deep inside, the door of the monument slowly closed behind her. But she paid no heed to it and continued walking. She decided to stay inside this monument and never return to Equestria again. Now that she has no more regrets, she has given up everything including her home, all her friends, her family and her mentor, who she used to be very respectful, admired, loyal, trusting and considered her second mother, and now, She is Lord Of Death, the guardian of the balance between life and death.