• Published 12th Apr 2020
  • 373 Views, 15 Comments

The Odysssey of Sunlight Blaze, Crossover Special 2 part 1: In the Pokemon World - Justafanfictioner



Follow the adventures of Sunlight, this time in the fabulous world of Pokemons.

  • ...
 15
 373

Chapter 11: A revelating discussion.

Sunlight Blaze and his sister, Sunset Shimmer, had left Shallour and were heading in direction of the next arena situated at Courmaline City. The Gym Leader being a Grass type user, Sunlight knew that would be easy for him and couldn’t wait to obtain his fourth badge. But while they were walking, Sunset is thinking about who she was going to use. She asked Sunlight if her Kirlia and Abra could train with his pokemons, which should help them evolving, but Sunlight refused.

“I am sorry, Sunset, he said. I can’t allow you to use my pokemons to grind yours...”

“And why?” she asked.

“Simply because that would count as a shortcut, he said. Some people have a term for that and that term is «Cheating»”

“Arrgh!!! You can be so bothering, sometimes!!” she said.

“I do that for your good, he said. The hard way is the only way to grow stronger.”

“You are one to talk, Sunlight, said Sunset. You never known the hard way, you had a so perfect life and childhood. I am the one who learned life the hard way.”

“So, why do you want to use the easy way, now?” asked her brother.

“Because i thought that would be nice to use another way, she answered. Have you rushed to got something in your whole life only once? I don’t think so. Me, in order to have the attention of my adoptive parents, i had to beg them and got excellent grades!!”

“Hey, calm down!! Said Sunlight. Obviously, you don’t know me if you said that my childhood was perfect and i that i don’t know anything of the hard life”

“Like what? She asked. You have one bad note and your parents punished you?”

“No, I had nice parents and got a lot of support from them, he said. But outside of my familial life, the rest of my childhood sucked. At school, i was very smart, cute, popular and also, i was a favorite of the Princess Celestia. But despite having these privileges on my side, i had no friend. They were all jealous of me and some of them even rejected me. Then, i met you, you were like me, Popular, smart, hated by almost everyone for that.”

“I will admit you were a lighthouse for me in that period of my life, she said. We were alone against everyone and i didn’t cared, because i had you as my best friend.”

“Passing time with you was so great for my self esteem and you reignited my passion for magic, he said. And trust me, when i had to leave the school of magic, i was sad, i didn’t want to leave you, Sunset. For the next years, i was thinking about you everyday and if i was always smiling to everyone else and gave them the impression i was happy, I was dead inside. I wanted to run away from my life, live my adventures, and i was about to do it. But then, i heard that Twilight and her friends defeated Nightmare Moon from the mouth of Celestia. Later, i learned they defeated Discord and Chrysalis when she attacked Canterlot. Their heroism inspired me to become a hero, with my gift in magic, i knew i could be like them one day. But what really gave me a new sense in my life was their Friendship. I knew that i needed friends more than ever.”

“I didn’t knew that, she said. I mean, the fact you were so sad despite the quality of life you had. I am sorry...”

“Since that day, said Sunlight, i never stopped to believe in the power of Friendship and the flame in my soul never faded”

“Once again, that make us a thing in common, she said. We both lived the darkest moments of our lives but Friendship had been for both of us the thing that changed our life.”

“Except that me, i didn’t tyrannized a school” said Sunlight, smiling.

“Yeah, i regret that part of my life a lot, she said. But i want to know what were your projects if you ran away from your parents and Canterlot life?”

“I would probably had embraced the darkness, he said. Then, maybe forcing other to be my friends and burn them to death if they refused. Yeah, i would probably had turned a tyrant much later...”

They stayed silent and looked at each other with compassion.

“Can i told you something?” asked Sunset.

“Anything, he answered. I am here to listen”

“Nah...Never mind, she said. This is not important.”

“I want to know, tell me, Sunset” he asked

“I said this was not important! She answered. Anyway when are we gonna arrive at the next arena?”

“Well, if we keep that speed, tomorrow” answered Sunlight.

While they continued walking, Sunset found by chance some trainers who wanted to fight on her way. Of course, battling with an Abra and a Kirlia was not so simple but she managed, after defeating 8 trainers in a row, to make Abra evolve into Kadabra and Kirlia into Gardevoir. Then, her and Sunlight decided to begin to built their camp because the night was coming.

“Hum, i am thinking about it and i need to catch 3 more pokemons before the Pokemon League” she said.

“You mean 2, said Sunlight. You forgot you have Mew...”

“I am not sure, answered Sunset. I know Mew is powerful and could wipe out most of the competition by himself, but i don’t want him to be exposed to the public. You imagine if some criminals or bad people in the stadium saw him, and killed us to get their hand on him?”

“Yeah, you are right on that point, said Sunlight. But they can try, I am not easy to take down. Beside, i also have to capture one last pokemon for the league and i know who i want.”

He show Sunset the image of a pokemon on his Motisma-Dex.

“You are kidding, right? She said. You really have the intention to bring a Legendary in the League?”

“Of course, i am, he answered. Moltress will be the perfect addition to my team and luckily, he live in this region. When i will got my last badge, i will try to capture him. If i can’t get him, there is still Blaziken, or Heatran, or Salazzle among my choices”

Sunset was also searching on her Pokedex about Psychic Type living in the region. She didn’t tell anything to Sunlight and after 10 minutes searching, she closed her Pokedex and put it in her bag. Sunset and Sunlight began to built their camp for the night. Beginning with the tents, then the meal for their Pokemons and last, preparing the meal for both of them.

“You will cook this time, said Sunlight. You will choose what you want to do for us.”

“Hum, i would love some seafood, but i am tempted by something meaty” she answered.

“Seafood? Asked Sunlight. No problem, we will fish then. I heard that the flesh of some aquatic pokemons is delicious and taste like heaven.”

“Wait, you want us to eat...Pokemons? She asked. This is barbaric!!”

“Meh, In your world, people kill animals to eat, right? He asked. Fish, beef, chicken, shrimps, liver and every meat based product, i know they came from living animals. And in this world, Pokemons seem to be what is for us animals. Pokemons are just the equivalent of the animals in our world, at the difference these ones have magic powers.”

“Is that true, Motisma?” asked Sunset.

“This is a sensible subject...But yes, Humans in this world eat some species of pokemons” he answered.

“Alright, then, let’s fish!!” said Sunset.

“With what? Asked Sunlight. We don’t have fishing rods...”

“Who told you that we needed one?” she answered.

She sent out Kadabra and Gardevoir and told them to use their psychics powers to teleport fishes on the land. After 20 minutes doing this, Sunset found two big fleshy and bulky Basculins, species reputed for the quality of their meat. Then, she brought it back to the campfire and Sunlight ordered to Ninetails and Houndoom to broil them with their flames. After only 2 minutes, the two Basculins were perfectly fried and the duo ate. Sunlight gave some pieces to his pokemons, who appreciated it. Sunset also proposed to her Pokemons roasted Basculin. Gallade accepted it with pleasure, but Gardevoir and Kadabra were not interested. After they finished their meal, they went to bed with a full belly. The next day, Sunset made for her a bowl of cereal and one for Sunlight too.

“How was the night, she asked to him. Did you sleep well?”

“Sorta, he answered. That Basculin was very hard to digest and it took me some times to found sleep. What about you?”

“I slept very well, she said. I made such beautiful dreams...”

They finished their breakfast, extinguished the fire and disassembled their tents. Then, they started to walk again. After a few minutes only, the duo was interrupted by a duo of trainers who proposed them a multi-battle.

“A multi-battle is a 2 vs 2 Pokemon battle, if you didn’t knew it ” said one of the two opponents

“Each of us will use only 1 pokemon, and the fight will end when the 2 pokemon of one of the teams are K.O, said the other opponent. Oh, i forgot to present us!! My name is Aurelia and the guy with me is my boyfriend, Matt.”

“I am Sunset Shimmer, said Sunset. And my partner next to me is my brother, Sunlight Blaze.”

“We will talk later, said Sunlight. Now, Let’s battle!!”

“Pyroar, said Aurelia, i chose you!!”

“And because we are a couple, i chose also you, Pyroar!!”

Two lion-like creatures appeared in front of them, They were both Pyroars, but had two different manes.

“Oh, allow me to explain, said Matt, My Pyroar, the one with the biggest mane, is the male, and the one that my fiancée have is a female, this is why her mane is not as impressive as my Pyroar”

“This is interesting, said Sunlight. I didn’t knew that, Now allow me to introduce you to my first Pokemon, Go, Houndoom!!”

“I also have a pokemon to present to you, said Sunset. Go, Kadabra!!”

The Houndoom and the Kadabra were intimidated by the male Pyroar. Matt was the first to attack and ordered his pokemon to use Hyper Voice. His girlfriend told to her Pyroar to use Noble Roar at the same time. The combination of the two attack sent Houndoom and Kadabra away.

“Kadabra, said Sunset, use Disable on both of them!!”

Kadabra focused is mind and looked at the Pyroars, Then used his mental abilities to make the two pokemons forgot the move they recently used.

“Now, you can’t use this combination again” she said.

Then, she sent to Sunlight a telepathic message

“Sunlight, she said. Do you have a plan to beat them?”

”Sure i have one, he answered, but i will need your Kadabra to cover Houndoom for it to work?”

”Fine, what do i need to do?” she asked.

”You will know soon” he answered

“That was a clever move for a Psychic type pokemon to use, said Aurelia. But me and my boyfriend are not done yet”

“Houndoom, use Nasty Plot!!, he said, and then, Hone Claws!!!”

Houndoom began to raise his power.

“Oh no, said Matt, if you think we will let your pokemon boost himself, you wish!!! Pyroar, prepare to use Hyper Beam!!!”

“You too, Pyroar, said Aurelia”

“Damn it, said Sunlight. They will stroke Houndoom before he will be ready!”

“Kadabra, use Kinesis!!” said Sunset.

The pokemon started to distract the Pyroars by doing psychic tricks with his spoon. The two Pokemons threw their beams at him, which he avoided with Teleport. This diversion let Houndoom enough time to finish powering himself.

“Now, let’s finish this, said Sunlight. Houndoom, use Inferno!!!”

Houndoom howled and spitted out of his mouth an ultra powerful blast of fire which turned into a giant fireball and hit the two pokemons before exploding.

“That should have weakened your pokemons a lot, said Sunlight. Now, Houndoom, use Crunch on Male Pyroar!!!”

Houndoom jumped in direction of the male pokemon and created giant fangs who hit Pyroar many times. The male Pyroar fell on the ground, K.O.

“Pyroar!!! Said Matt. Well, this battle is on your shoulders, Honey!!”

“Now, Houndoom, use Crunch on the other Pyroar!!” said Sunlight.

“Not so fast, said Aurelia, Pyroar, use Attract!!”

The female pokemon created magic hearts that touched Houndoom and made him infatuated.

“You didn’t see it coming!! She said. You should have known that as a couple, both of our Pyroars where knew attract!”

“Crap, said Sunlight. I guess you will have to finish this battle alone, Sis”

“I got this!! She said. Kadabra, use Disable on her Pokemon!!”

Kadabra used his magic to make Pyroar forgot about the move Attract.

“You won’t be able to use it again, she said. Now, Kadabra, finish her with Psychic!!!”

The pokemon immobilized the female Pyroar with his Psychic powers and threw her on the ground repetitively until she fainted.

“No, not you too, Pyroar!!” said Aurelia.

“And we won!! Said Sunset. Your two pokemons are K.O!!”

“Congratulation, said Matt, i thought me and my girlfriend were the best in a double battle...But you proved us otherwise...”

“...And after this battle against you two, continued Aurelia, I guess we still have a lot to learn. I hope we will have the occasion to battle with you again!”

The couple said goodbye to the two siblings and walked away. Sunlight looked at Sunset who was smiling to him.

“Good job covering me, Sis...” he said to her, with a thumb up.

Sunset blushed from the compliment and felt proud of her. For the first time, she actually protected her brother, which she never did before. Sunlight turned his head and smile, happy that his first attempt to increase her confidence worked perfectly.

“We are not that far of Courmaline, he said. If we stop talking and start to walk again, we will arrive in less than an hour!”

“Right, she said. I can’t wait to get my next Badge!!”

And the two best friends/siblings, walked in direction of Courmaline City.

Author's Note:

Before you ask if Pokemons are eaten by humans, Yes, they obviously are. I know the anime and the games don't show it directly, but we also have to know they are mostly destined for young audiences. If Pokemon was a franchise make for an older audience, like in the Japanese Pokemon Mangas, where we can see Pokemons and humans die (Trust me, i read a lot of them and some contain serious gory stuff that could make you sick if you can't stand blood, death and violence), i would not be surprised to learn that humans eat Pokemons. To resume, If the pokemon world was for adults, it would look like our society, Where animals are eaten by other animals and humans and where death is present everywhere for anyone.