• Published 11th Apr 2020
  • 3,990 Views, 299 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 11 - twilightsparkle3562



Welcome to Season 11 of My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic

  • ...
9
 299
 3,990

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 15: "Squirk, King of the Seas Part 2"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: Having discovered the truth behind the boat attacks, Twilight and her friends lead a rescue mission to save the captured from Squirk and his minions.

Cast:

Tara Strong as Princess Twilight Sparkle

Ashleigh Ball as Applejack/Rainbow Dash

Andrea Libman as Fluttershy/Pinkie Pie

Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity

Nicole Oliver as Celestia

Cathy Wesluck as Spike/Tentakill

Uzo Aduba as Queen Novo

Kristin Chenoweth as Princess Skystar

Garry Chalk as Optimus Primal/Skalor

David Kaye as Snap Trap

Ian James Corlett as Cheetor/Overbite

Scott McNeil as Rattrap

Richard Newman as Rhinox

Blu Mankuma as Tiger Hawk/Tigatron

Pauline Newstone as Air Razor

David Soblov as Depth Charge/Nautilator

Don Brown as Skids/Captain

Colin Murdock as Mudflap

Campbell Lane as Rampage

Doc Harris as Grogar/Sailor

Alvin Sanders as King Sombra

Brian Dobson as Skybeak/Seawing

John De Lancie as Discord/Lockdown

Frank Welker as Squirk

Jim Cummings as Lavan

...

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" Season 11, Episode 15

"Squirk, King of the Seas, Part 2"

Written by Jeff Snyder (TwilightSparkle3562)

Edited by SuperPinkBrony12

"PREVIOUSLY ON MY LITTLE PONY"

Sailor Pony: Sir, I…I don't understand. Who is this sea creature we are looking for, and why's he been targeting random boats?

Captain: He's a dangerous one, lad. It's pulling us down! ABANDON SHIP!

Optimus Primal: If this war of yours involves Megatron and the Predacons, then it's personal for us too, just like the Beast Wars.

Skybeak: The sea creature of legend has returned.

Twilight Sparkle: There's only one sea monster I know of that matches that description.

Lavan: Is this my rival from so long ago?

Grogar: King Squirk, after all these years, you have returned. I want to see how these new Predacons function!

Rodimus Primal: By the matrix! A stasis pod!

Rarity: There's something coming from underneath the ocean!

Optimus Primal: Rhinox, it's Rampage! He's back!

Squirk: I AM SQUIRK AND I HAVE RETURNED AFTER OVER A THOUSAND YEARS!

Standing their ground, the small army of ponies, robots and hippogriffs gazed up at the fury that was Squrik, King of the Seas. Roaring, Squirk fired a blast of ink at the beach nearly hitting Optimus and the Maximals on it.

"What the slag?!" Rattrap cried after ducking out of the way. "That thing sick or something?"

"No, it's probably the way it defends itself," Optimus Primal replied. "I'm going to try and hit him between the eyes and end this quick. Prime Jets, on!"

Activating his prime jets, Optimus flew towards Squirk's face with the intention of firing between the eyes. However, the sea creature took notice and flung one of his tentacles at Optimus, flinging him back onto the beach!

Enraged, Rhinox took his twin machine guns and opened fire on Squirk only for his bullets to bounce off of him.

"You amuse me," Squirk remarked and fired a blast of ink at Rhinox, covering him in it. "But amusement won't be enough to save you."

Suddenly, Squirk felt another blast at him, this time it was a blast of magic coming from Twilight leaping out of the throne room.

"Princess Twilight," He chuckled. "Delighted to finally meet you. A pity our first meeting will also be our last."

Unamused, Twilight charged at Squirk, headbutting him in the chest just as a platoon of hippogriffs charged at the sea creature, aiding Twilight by throwing their spears at him! "Yield, Squirk!" Twilight commanded with her horn charging and surging with power.

Snarling, Squirk defiantly took one of his tentacles and attempted to strike at Twilight. But she dodged with ease and struck him hard with a blast from her horn!

"We gotta help her!" Rainbow Dash cried, also jumping out of the window and racing to Twilight's aide. "Who's with me?!"

But Suddenly, Spike noticed the sights of blast fire coming from the position of Cheetor and the others.

"Guys, we got a problem here. Cheetor and the other Maximals are in trouble!"

"All right then, we'll split up," Applejack suggested. "Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Skystar, you help Twilight. Spike, you, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and I will help the Maximals!"

"Excuse me?" Novo huffed, appalled by the suggestion of Skystar participating. "Are you saying…?"

Applejack nodded.

"I'm sorry, Queen Novo, but we need all hooves and claws on deck!"

"One small thing can make a difference!" Skystar cried. "Right?"

But Queen Novo thought otherwise.

"Skystar, you get back here now!" She ordered at the top of her lungs. "Unless you want to be…"

But a whack from one of Squirk's tentacles caused Queen Novo to be interrupted and fall to the floor.

"…grounded." She groaned.

Meanwhile, by the dunes, Cheetor, Rodimus, Skids and Mudflap were confronting the newly resurrected crab Predacon.

"Defend the Pod!" Cheetor commanded to the moose and deer Maximals.

"Whatever you say!" Skids cried, firing his gun at Rampage. "Take this, crab legs!"

"Yeah, what he said!" Mudflap added as Rampage turned his weapon on the two brother Maximals, firing several rotating blasts at them. "You two don't scare me!" He remarked.

"But I can scare you!" Cheetor yelled, running to Rampage and attempting to hit him with the butt of his weapon. But, the transmetal skin that Rampage had was not enough for Cheetor to cause any damage.

Unafraid, Rampage fired a rotation blast at Cheetor, knocking him back onto the rocks.

"Well, well, well," He laughed. "If it isn't the little kitty cat. Has anyone told you that you look a little…different from our last encounter? Don't tell you lost that upgraded body of yours the same way Optimus did."

The damaged Cheetor could only look up and prepare for the inevitable.

But before Rampage could fire, Rodimus roared and threw himself onto Rampage's back, attempting to stick his claws into Rampage's metallic skin. With Rampage distracted, Cheetor quickly crawled away to safety.

Back on the moon, Grogar was watching the battle from his crystal ball when he was suddenly interrupted by the opening of his throne room door.

"You resurrected him!" Lavan roared at the top of his lungs, his flaming body raging. "You brought him back to life! How dare you, Grogar!"

Unfazed, Grogar turned his attention away from the crystal ball and onto the lava demon. "Why would you make such an accusation to me?" He remarked while feigning ignorance. "Your friend was in hiding."

"He is not my friend, you idiot!" Lavan snarled. "He is my enemy, my sworn enemy! And now I shall end you for bringing him back!"

Producing a ball of fire, Lavan attempted to fire it at Grogar to kill him. But Grogar used his magic to quell Lavan's attempt and tighten his grip on him.

"I know your weaknesses, Lavan," Grogar whispered in a menacing voice as he slowly walked towards the lava demon. "So you and Squirk will work together, or else."

"Or else what?" Lavan grunted, attempting to fight the magical bonds Grogar had on him. "Feed me to your bear? Ha! I will kill him just as easily! I don't fear him the way your lesser subordinates do."

But Grogar still was unfazed as he lifted Lavan up, bouncing him up and down several times before weakening him. Then he declared.

"I shall teach you to work together with your comrades one way or another, or you'll return to your state of slumber, never to awaken again!" Grogar then pulled Lavan towards the crystal ball and produced several gold chains to hold Lavan down.

"What are you making me do?" Lavan demanded.

"Why, I'm making you watch the very creature you shall despise, of course," Grogar remarked in a calm, sinister voice. "Watch him as he shows off his power. Maybe he will succeed where you failed."

Struggling, Lavan had no choice but to watch the action unfold.

In another part of the castle, Discord assumed his disguise of Lockdown again as he moved towards a guarded area. Two donkey soldiers were standing in front of a pair of large doors.

"My senses tell me this is where they are keeping the recovered stasis pods," Lockdown thought to himself. "I must gain access if Twilight and the others are to have a chance. But how to get inside?"

It took a moment for Lockdown to think, but then he got himself an idea.

"At ease," He declared, walking to the donkey guards. "Grogar sent me to retrieve some stasis pods to create new Predacons for our forces. Please let me pass."

But the two donkey guards didn't comply. And Lockdown then roared.

"Unless you want to be snacks for Scarface, you will let me in!"

Not wanting to be fed, the donkeys did as they were told, opening the doors and letting Lockdown in.

Stepping into a large storeroom, Lockdown was amazed by how many stasis pods were inside, many of them stacked up on top of one another.

"I gotta work fast!" Lockdown thought to himself as he approached a stack of stasis pods. "These five will have to do."

Reverting to his chaotic form, Discord used his powers to break the stack of stasis pods down into five individual pods. Then, Discord used a mind spell on the pods, causing several cords to come out of his body and attach themselves to the pods.

"If you can hear me," He said to the pods. "Twilight and the others are in trouble. Your Maximal comrades are also in trouble. I have the power to bring you back to life."

His powers charging, Discord reached out to the pods and he suddenly began to hear voices in his head.

"Who are you?" A calming male voice asked.

"I am Discord, the spirit of chaos," Discord answered. "And I'm summoning you to Equestria to help their six rulers." Concentrating his powers even further, Discord used them to force the spirits inside the pods to go to Equestria.

With the spirits gone, Discord fell to his mismatched knees in exhaustion.

"Fly fast," He panted, taking several deep breaths before reverting to Lockdown. "Get to them! The future of Equestria depends on you!"

Transforming back into Lockdown, Discord could only hope the spirits would arrive in time.

Back at Mount Aris, the battle against Squirk continued to rage on as the shark/squid hybrid continued to use his ink and tentacles against his opponents.

Rebounding from getting hit, Optimus Primal took to the air once more and fired several blasts from his wrists at Squirk. Snarling, Squirk fired some ink at the Maximal leader, and Optimus only just managed to duck at the last minute.

Little did anyone know that at the bottom of the sea, Squirk had more stasis pods hidden and they were being activated. Sounds of growls and roars were heard as the bodies inside began to come out of them.

Back on the surface, Rodimus continued to attach himself to Rampage as the transmetal crab tried to get him off of his back. "

Take your stinking claws off me you darn dirty Maximal!" He growled before he managed to toss Rodimus off him and onto the rocks.

Using one of his claws, Rampage attempted to strike at Rodimus, but the Maximal rolled off. Roaring, Rodimus leapt onto Rampage again, trying to lure him back onto the beach.

Onsaid beach, Cheetor struggled to get onto his feet as the wounds he had obtained held him to the ground. "

The pod!" He groaned, crawling over to the dunes where it was hidden. "Got…to…protect it." Despite his damages, Cheetor remained determined to protect the pod from Rampage. Reaching said pod, Cheetor looked at it and could sense an all too familiar presence inside of it.

"What is that?" Cheetor whispered, his eyes locked onto the pod. "Is that…Depth Charge? Are you in there?"

Cheetor then heard a faint voice inside the pod.

"Hey kid," The voice called. "Yeah, it's me."

"How?" Cheetor coughed. "You…you were killed battling Rampage. We all saw it."

"My body was destroyed, but my spirit still lives," The voice replied in a noticeably weak ton. "We just need a little more time to re enter the matrix."

"We?" Cheetor asked, only to find the stasis pod starting to deactivate. "Depth Charge, wait! Hold on! We can't lose you again, we need you!"

At that moment, Applejack and the others arrived on the scene, witnessing the carnage.

"What in tarnation?!" Applejack cried as she ran over to the downed Rhinox, covered in Squirk's ink. "You all right, big guy?"

"Couldn't…be better," Rhinox sarcastically coughed, spitting out some ink. "Not much for fighting these days."

"Oh, dear me!" Rarity cried, stepping into some of Squirk's ink and seeing her hooves in it. "What is this garish stuff?!"

"It's ink, sweetheart!" Rattrap called while hiding behind some dunes. "It'll wash off! It ain't corrosive or anything."

Meanwhile, pulling out her party cannon, Pinkie Pie aimed it at Squirk and fired it at him! A whole cake hitting him just below his eye.

"Hey fish breath!" The Princess of Laughter called out. "Hope you like cake!"

Grunting, Squirk threw out one of his tentacles and attempted to strike at Pinkie Pie, but she ducked out of the way, though the tentacle did end up hitting her party cannon.

Devastated by the destruction of her party cannon, Pinkie glared up at Squirk.

"That party cannon was PRICELESS!" She screeched just as the sounds of humming were heard from beneath the surface.

"Hey guys, look!" Rainbow Dash called. "What is that?!"

"Is it more seaponies coming to help?" Skystar cried. "I hope it is!"

But Twilight sensed that it wasn't. As if to prove her point, light shot up through the water and several different underwater sea creatures surfaced: A large bluish-green snapping turtle; a bluish-pink squid; a green lobster with gray claws; a large gray megalodon; a green and gray manta ray; and a purple rockfish.

"What kind of seaponies are those?!" Fluttershy cried in fear, intimidated by the arrival of these new creatures.

However, up on the moon, Grogar saw otherwise. "Excellent," He remarked while the magically bound Lavan looked on. "My new Predacons have awakened."

"What?" Lavan cried as he struggled against his bonds. "What new Predacons?! Now you're giving him an army?!"

"Patience, Lavan!" Grogar commanded. "Watch and learn!"

Roaring, the newly formed Predacons turned towards the fighting armies and stood by their leader.

"Seacons, terrorize!" The snapping turtle shouted in a pirate-like voice similar to Megatron's.

"What?!" Optimus called out, taking aback by the sudden presence of the newly minted enemies. "What in the name of the allspark..."

"Tentakil, terrorize!" The squid shouted as he transformed from squid to robot and stood on the beach while the others followed suit, transforming and landing on the beach.

"Nautilator, terrorize!" The lobster shouted.

"Overbite, terrorize!" The megalodon roared.

"Seawing, terrorize!" The manta ray declared.

"Skalor, terrorize!" The rockfish cried.

"Snaptrap, terrorize!" The snapping turtle hollered.

Horrified, Twilight watched as the newly formed Predacons advanced on the weakened Cheetor.

"Cheetor, look out!" Optimus called as the new Predacons advanced towards the injured Maximal scout and stasis pod. "Behind you!"

Groaning, Cheetor turned and weakly gasped as he reached for his weapon, determined to protect the pod at all costs.

"Thar be our treasure!" Snaptrap declared, pointing to the stasis pod. "Hand it over, scurvy sea dog!"

"Over my sparkless body!" Cheetor protested and fired his gun at the enemies. But they were unfazed.

"Tentakil, gut this landlubber!" Snaptrap commanded.

"With pleasure!" Tentakil replied as he used one of his tentacle arms to wrap around Cheetor's neck in a chokehold. "Come here, kitty cat! Prepare to enter the matrix!"

Gasping, Cheetor was lifted high into the air!

"Hang on!" Applejack cried as she ran towards Cheetor! "Nopony does that to my friends!"

"Or mine!" Rarity shouted, firing a blast of her magic. But the other Predacons anticipated this and the remainder of them turned to the charging Applejack and Rarity.

"Time to walk the plank!" Overbite shouted, aiming his large cannon at Rarity and firing it at her, causing her to be sent flying while screaming loudly.

Landing hard on the beach, Rarity attempted to get back up, but found that she couldn't.

"I'm…I'm hurt!" She cried before screaming in a loud dramatic voice. "YOU HURT ME, YOU RUFFIAN! THIS... MEANS... WAR!"

Hearing Rarity's screams, Rainbow Dash turned to her only to be struck by one of Squirk's tentacles! The hit sent an unconscious Rainbow Dash into the water.

"Don't interfere with our work, ponies," Squirk coldly remarked. "See what happens when you try to be a hero?"

Enraged, Twilight fired a blast of alicorn magic from her horn and began to spin around like a top, attempting to create a tornado. But Squirk took notice and fired a blast of ink at Twilight, canceling her attack and sending her flying back into the throne room, nearly hitting Queen Novo!

"Twilight!" The queen cried as Twilight slowly got back up with her entire body drenched in ink. Racing over to Twilight, Novo assessed her condition. "Are you okay?"

"I'm…fine," Twilight coughed as she spat out some ink. "I've felt worse."

Enraged at what just happened to her equal, Queen Novo snarled as she flew out the window and joined the battle as Squirk flung his tentacles at various groups of hippogriffs, striking them over and over again! Letting out a loud screech, Novo's presence seemed to rejuvenate the other forces.

"Squirk!" She shouted in a commanding voice, much to Skystar's equal delight and confusion.

"Mom? Are you…?" Skystar cried out only to be silenced by Fluttershy.

Novo glared at the hybrid sea creature while he glared back at her. "You have some nerve showing your face again!" She shouted in a commanding voice. "My grandparents banished you for your crimes!"

"And thanks to Grogar, I have a second lease on life!" Squirk laughed back, smiling sinisterly at Novo. "Now I shall finish what I started so long ago!"

Roaring, Squirk used his powers to make the sky around Mount Aris darken and the waves began to swirl around him in a rotating pattern.

"I am the ruler of all the oceans!" He cried out, the strong winds knocking all fliers off balance. "The waves obey my every whim!"

"What's happening?" Pinkie Pie gasped as the combined wind and waves were already messing up her curly mane.

"Unusual weather we're having, isn't it?!" Rattrap screamed to Pinkie Pie, gesturing for her to come over and take cover with her.

"The sea and all its spoils bow to my power!" Squirk commanded and a few moments later, the creature's powers began to pull previously sunken ships up to the surface, including the ship that had recently sunk!

As the winds and waves continued to be riled up by his powers, Squirk continued to unleash his power on all who opposed him. Twilight could hear the screams and felt that she needed to get back in the game.

"Leave them alone, Squirk!" Queen Novo commanded in a commanding voice as she watched several more of her subjects fall into the water below. "This is between me and you!"

"Mom, are you crazy?!" Skystar cried above the tempest. "He's too dangerous! Save yourself!"

"You should listen to your daughter, Novo," Squirk suggested in a sarcastic voice. "The little one has such fear. No doubt she already lost her father, my only regret is that the Storm King got to him before I could. But I'll take great pleasure in doing to you what the Storm King never could!"

Taking a deep breath, Squirk fired a blast of ink at Skystar only for it to be intercepted by Twilight. Despite the soaking ink on her body, Twilight was determined to protect Skystar and the rest of the Hippogriffs.

"ENOUGH!" Twilight cried in her royal Canterlot voice, the echoes sending Squirk back slightly. "Leave them alone, murderer! You've caused enough destruction for one lifetime!"

Squirk found Twilight's accusation amusing and could only smile.

"A murderer? Me?" He remarked in fake shock. "Why do you call me that? Because I sank one of your ships?"

He then pointed towards the newly made Predacons as they held Cheetor, Rodimus, Skids and Mudflap hostage. "Look for yourself! These are your sailors…reborn as servants to Grogar!"

Twilight felt her heart sink at the realization that the new Predacons were in reality among Equestria's finest.

Taking another deep breath, Squirk prepared to fire another large blast of ink at Twilight. But before he could do so, several blinding lights appeared and roaring in agony, Squirk fell into the water as the lights grew more and more blinding.

At the same time, the stasis pod that Cheetor and the other Maximals were defending opened, its spirit diving into the water.

"No…it can't be!" Rampage gasped as a transmetal manta ray emerged from the water, glaring down at him and the new Predacons. "No! No! Impossible! You can't have survived!"

"That's right, Protoform X, I live!" Depth Charge's voice rang out. "Depth Charge, Maximize!"

Transforming from manta ray to robot, Depth Charge fired his weapons at the Predacons, blasting them one by one.

At the same time, the other two lights joined forces and materialized into one being: Half tiger and half peregrine falcon. Letting out a loud roar, the hybrid creature transformed and Optimus could not believe what he was seeing. "Tigerhawk!" He called.

The fused transformer flew towards Squirk, throwing several punches at him, causing the beast to roar in pain. Then, bringing his powers together, Tigerhawk fired at the sky and caused a tornado to fall onto the beach!

Screaming, the other princesses and all the Maximals held on for dear life as the tornado blew the newly minted Predacons off the beach and into the surging waters, while Depth Charge continued to have his way with Rampage.

"Fear me, Protoform X!" Depth Charge snarled, placing his weapon at Rampage's throat. "I shall destroy you again!"

"I don't think so!" Rampage declared, while kneeing Depth Charge in the groin. Taking his weapon, Rampage attempted to fire at Depth Charge.

But this gave Skids and Mudflap the opportunity they had been waiting for, firing their weapons and sending Rampage into the water, allowing him to be sucked up screaming by the tornado along with the new Predacons!

But Tigerhawk wasn't done yet. Raising his armpit, he fired a missile from underneath his wing and hit Squirk with it, wounding him in the stomach and knocking him over a ledge. Knocked out cold, Squirk fell into the water! Just like that, the battle at Mount Aris was over.

With the battle over, Tigerhawk flew down onto the beach as Twilight looked on in shock and amazement while going down to check on her friends.

"Tigerhawk? Alive?" Rhinox asked, looking at Optimus.

"It seems that way." Optimus whispered.

Suddenly, Tigerhawk began to glow and the two lights reappeared, revealing two separate transformers: One with the form of a tiger, the other with the form of a peregrine falcon.

"Tigatron? Air Razor?" Rattrap asked with a shocked look on his face. "But how?"

"It's a long story," Air Razor explained. "A strong force sent us here. A force that…seemed evil, but really is not."

"Yes, this force seemed…like he was atoning for past misgivings." Tigatron added.

"Was that the same with you, Depth Charge?" Optimus asked, turning to the seabound Maximal. "Were you resurrected by this force?"

"Beats me," Depth Charge replied in an uncaring tone of voice. "All that matters is that Protoform X is back. Whoever resurrected him will suffer my wrath! Beast mode!"

Transforming back into a manta ray, Depth Charge dove back into the sea while Optimus looked in disappointment.

"Such a hardhead," Otpimus sighed, before turning back to Twilight as the injured Rarity and Rainbow Dash were loaded onto stretchers. "Are you all right, Princess Twilight? You ponies are more easily wounded compared to us Maximals."

"I've…been better, but I'll live," Twilight replied while trying to shake the oil off of her wings. "What about your group?"

"Cheetor was damaged quite badly," Optimus sighed again as Cheetor was carried away by Skids and Mudflap. "He'll probably be spending a lot of time in the CR Chamber," Then he added. "And I'm... sorry about your sailors."

This made Twilight look away in disbelief. She couldn't bear the thought of what her sailors' last moments were like.

"Part of me is wondering whether or not Grogar and Squirk have been working together," She somberly remarked, walking towards the shore where a sailor's cap washed up on the beach. "If they did, we need to know more about it."

"It's likely that there were stasis pods in the water," Optimus sadly remarked. "Stasis pods that had Maximal protoforms inside, but have now been converted to Predacons."

Just then, Novo and Skystar flew down and joined them on the beach.

"How many casualties, Queen Novo?" Twilight asked.

"One hundred and fifty dead, seventy five injured," Novo somberly answered, looking back towards her damaged kingdom. "It's going to take some time for repairs to be made to Hippogriffia. This is even worse than the Storm King's invasion."

"Am I still grounded?" Skystar asked, looking up at her mother. "Remember, one small thing can make a difference."

"I suppose you're right about that, Skystar," Novo sighed, shrugging her shoulders. "I won't ground you for leaving the shelter. Besides, I've got more important matters to worry about."

"As do I," Twilight replied as she watched her friends leave the beach accompanied by the Maximals and their newly reborn comrades.

Little did anyone in the group know that while they were all recovering, Squirk's unconscious form disappeared quietly. When he opened his eyes, he found himself in a large tank with Grogar standing in front of him, accompanied by Sombra and Scarface.

"Where…where am I?" Squirk asked as his vision slowly returned.

"So, you have awakened, king of the seas," Grogar remarked. "Do you know where you are?"

"You have me in a strange prism, Grogar." Squirk answered.

"No, it's a tank. Prepared especially for you in anticipation of your arrival to my castle." Grogar explained.

Looking around, Squirk slowly understood where he was.

"Since you are a sea creature," Sombra informed Suqirk. "You're going to need water to survive, so we planned ahead."

"Indeed," Grogar remarked even as his back was turned to Squirk. "I provided you with protection after you were banished by your former kind, and I shall provide protection for you now. I could always use another ally in the war to retake my kingdom."

Using his magic, Grogar produced his crystal ball and activated it, showing Squirk the damage he and the new Predacons had inflicted upon Mount Aris.

"For a first battle, you did very well," Grogar smiled, showing off the destruction and death. "One hundred and fifty dead and seventy five injured. Although you didn't actually destroy Mount Aris, you left it weakened. You've also dealt a psychological blow to one of Equestria's allies."

Sending the Crystal Ball away, Grogar looked up at Squirk and produced a sinister smile.

"The first of many," He declared as he, Sombra and Scarface turned away to leave the dungeons. "I hope you enjoy your new surroundings, Squirk."

"Wait!" Squirk called, stopping the three from leaving. "What about…?"

"The new Predacons I helped you create?" Grogar finished. "They are being repaired for the next time I need them. Don't worry, you shall see them again when the time is right."

Watching them leave, Squirk sighed grateful that he was given the chance to fight another day.

Meanwhile, Twilight was back at her castle getting a bath from Spike to wash off the remains of Squirk's ink.

"Since when is ink so difficult to wash off?" Spike grunted, trying to press down on his big sister's back.

"It's always been difficult to wash off, Spike," Twilight groaned. "Just as the death toll will be as it grows. But, thanks to Discord, we managed to survive this latest battle."

"How?" Spike asked.

"Do you remember my latest correspondence with him?" Twilight explained. "The one where he said he would try and find a way to better prepare us by channeling Grogar's ability to bring back the dead?"

This made the young dragon's eyes widen. "Those creatures that Optimus and the other Maximals know?" Spike asked. "They were resurrected?"

"Yes, Spike," Twilight answered. "Grogar has the power to bring back the dead. And Discord was able to copy it."

"So what he did to Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow…but, wait a minute," Spike realized. "They weren't dead, they were just turned to stone."

"Same thing, Spike," Twilight remarked. "Turned to stone, killed in battle, Grogar has the power to do it all. Something tells me that his bell was stolen again."

"But didn't Starswirl cast a spell to prevent anypony from stealing it again?" Spike questioned. "How could he have found it?"

Just then, there was a knock at the door and in stepped Celestia. "Twilight," She said as she approached the bathtub. "Starlight wanted me to tell you that Rarity and Rainbow Dash are doing fine at Ponyville General Hospital."

"How badly hurt are they, Celestia?" Twilight asked as Celestia sat down on a chair.

"Their injuries are not life threatening, thank goodness. In time they will recover," Celestia answered. "But how are you feeling in terms of your mental health?"

"I'll live, Celestia," Twilight sighed. "I'll live. I just hope the same can be said for Equestria now that the war has begun in earnest. Who knows how many more will suffer and die before it's over? I can only hope our side wins, and without too steep a price."

PreviousChapters Next