• Published 1st Apr 2020
  • 898 Views, 3 Comments

Welcome to the New World. - Night--Mist



What happens when a creature, that was considered fable to the Equestrians, shows up?

  • ...
1
 3
 898

A Creature Has Been Awakened

Twilight Sparkle was just having another fantastic day. While she loved having new missions with her friends, she couldn't deny that since the restricted section had some many mysteries yet to unravel. Like how Clover the Clever was the first to create steam powered transportation, leading to the railway system they knew today. And she laughed at how often the historians seemed to mix up Clover's gender, going from Mare to Stallion, back to mare again. Seems she would have to ask Luna about this, so that could clear things up. Luna herself was sifting through some of the books, wanting to read up on some forgotten history, not only to better her knowledge of the past, but so Twilight would have a companion to share her thoughts on history with, who actually had an interest in the subject. She had seen how taxing Twilight's history ramblings about Starswirl had been on Spike.

Twilight had just finished a book on crafting nearly impenetrable armor in the past, and saw another book that seemed to be unmarked by a title or author, she used her magic to pull the book out and read, but was faced with a new surprise. It caused a new passage to open up, much like how the restricted section of the library was able to get accessed. This had also caught Luna's attention, and she glided down to Twilight's side. "Well, I'll admit, I did not expect to see this," Luna stated.

"Wait, you mean you never knew this passage way was here?" Twilight inquired.

Luna shook her head. "I remember seeing this bookshelf. It was the first part of the restricted section we had, and the rest was built around it. I had no idea it led deeper into the mountainside."

Twilight was in a state of awe, as much as Luna was, and curiosity, getting the better of them, they made their way further into the passage, down the new flight of stairs. It came to rest upon a door that had a text written above it, which seemed older then Old Ponish. Twilight figured it must have been some dead language long forgotten, but did remind her of some sort of text she couldn't put her hoof on at the moment. They then used their magic to open the door to a room. What they saw next, they were left awestruck.

Before them, seemed to be some sort of laboratory. Gizmos and Gagets that seemed to be here since before the great wars of the monsters. Possibly older than Grogar's time. "Somepony went through a lot of work to invent such a sophisticated lab," Luna admitted.

"It was as if they meant for this place to be in for the long hull. Some of these gizmos are even beyond my understanding. What kind of primitive ponies are responsible for this?" Twilight wondered.

"Well, whichever ancient ponies did this, they never shared this technological knowledge with us," Luna implied.

Just then, a of air being released from somewhere startled the two mares. And their eyes shifted to what made the noise. A large metal looking casket with hose like pieces protruding from the sides curving upwards or downwards stood before them. There also appeared to be a glass piece of some sort, that seemed to have a build up of ice. That seemed odd, since room temperature seemed to state ice would melt in here. But there i was on the glass. This led Twilight and Luna to deduce the ice must be building up due to the temperature inside the casket. Luna approached it, and looked inside through what glass she could. There, she saw a figure inside. "Oh my goodness, there's a being in there!" Luna exclaimed.

"What?!" Twilight bellowed.

She galloped to Luna's side and peered in. Sure enough, there was a creature in there, but with how frosted the glass was, she couldn't tell what was inside. She looked at the gadgets, some telling her that the being was alive and stable, but in some form of, what she felt was, forced hybernation. Another gizmo, taking a close observation of them, told her it would be the one to set this creature trapped frozen free. Soon, there was a wish of air erupting from the casket, and the ice began to thaw. Then with a click and a whirl, the front of that casket opened upward.

The next thing they saw was a creature dressed in clothing thawed out, and falling forward. Luna was quick to catch the being with her forelegs. "Amazing, I can't believe what I am seeing," Twilight exclaimed.

"Twilight. What exactly are we looking at?" Luna inquired.

"Well, Luna, we are looking at what I and Sunset transform into when go to the other realm in the portal. They call themselves.... humans," Twilight exclaimed.

"Humans?! Twilight, these beings are suppose to be pure myth, and now you tell me that these are what you look like when traveling to the other realm?" Luna gawked.

"Well, not in this particular beige color, but, yes. But, how are they pure myth in Equestria?" Twilight asked.

"Cause no evidence, or artifacts have ever told us of their existence," Luna explained.

"Well, here's your e-" She stopped as she saw that the human was coming to.

"Oooooh, I think they over did it on the sedation.... I feel like I'm listening to talking ponies," the human said in a daze.

Twilight and Luna looked at each other in confusion. "Sir, are you alright?" Twilight asked.

This was enough to make the human jump. Now out of his dazed state. "Wait, I'm not hallucinatin? You're real?" He asks.

"As real as we'll ever be young one," Luna stated.

There was a long silence, as the humans was coming to grips with the situation, then he asked, "What day is it? What year?"

"Well, the day is June 18th, which is nearing our Summer Sun Celebration. And the year, well, from what I can recall, it is 1724 if I'm not mistaken," Twilight answered.

"1724? That can't be right. I was put into cryo-sleep in 2024. There's no way that cryopod would send me back in time, and I am very certain ponies weren't talking in those days," The human stated.

Before the ponies could question him further, he stumbled over to the strange gadgets, and start pounding his fingers away at it. A screen popped up, and it said the following;
Day: June 18th.
Year: 7026
Population level: ------------- {error, surface relays damaged/compromised}
Surface Oxygen Levels: ------------- {error, surface relays damaged/compromised}
Current leaders: -------------- {error, surface relays damaged/compromised.}

"Have I really been asleep for five thousand years?" He asked rhetorically.

Twilight and Luna looked at each other, then at the human. "Um, sir," Twilight started.

"Please, call me Artemis," The human named Artemis requested.

"Artemis. Well, that's a nice name. So you're saying, according to the thinga majig, that the year is 7026, and you were here in this chamber for five thousand years, meaning you're more than five thousand years old?" Luna pondered.

"Pretty much," Artemis answered.

"It's amazing you know our language Ponish," Twilight stated.

"Ponish? My kind called it English," Artemis admitted.

"Fascinating," Twilight said, as she pulled out a parchement and quill with her horn.

"Wow, so you really are a unicorn. I thought that horn on your head was there for just style," Artemis stated.

"Oh, I'm actually what you call an alicorn, as is Luna. We also have wings," Twilight corrected him, as she and Luna unfurled their wings.

"Wooooow, impressive wing span. Very nice," Artemis complimented.

"Why thank you. But, more about you. We've never seen one of your kind before. At least, not in this realm," Twilight admitted.

"That's curious, last I remember, there was at least 8 billion of my people," Artemis stated.

"8 Billion?!" Luna and Twilight gawked.

"Yeah, but..... if you haven't seen any, I'm afraid..... I'm afraid something terrible must have happened. I was put to sleep to be a means of last resort for my kind if things went south, er, if things weren't turning out the best for us, is what I mean to say," Aretmis says, not really sure ponies were able to understand what he had called modern slang at one point. Though, that was probably considered ancient to them, if he was now over five thousand years in age.

As Artemis started to sift through the logs of the last 5 thousand years, Twilight and Luna asked him more questions, to get a better understanding of him, and his contraptions.

Author's Note:

Well, been working on this story for a while, and finally got the first chapter out. I know this probably seems to be putting out a lot of information at once, but I have a lot more info to come, and I felt this would be the best spot to stop it, cause any point before hand felt too short, and/or too confusing to stop at those points.

But yeah, Artemis is a human in Equestria. A human from the past, even beyond the ponies' comprehension (Cause you know, they never really told us how old the princesses were, let alone Equestria itself. And no, he isn't some random happening that came from the EQG realm. Nor is he somebody from the real world, being transported into their world. He's a part of their world, from before they were able to understand their world and talk like he does. More story to follow.

Is rated teen for what will be revealed next chapter, and some other things. Let's see what happens onward, when finally comes out to see the realm of Equestria, and starts taking Adventures with the ponies of this time.

Please leave a comment below, and please keep it tame. Constructive criticism is welcome.