• Published 28th Mar 2020
  • 261 Views, 4 Comments

Twilight's book - Bronyofcuba



Twilight writes her first book. Does not go well.

  • ...
 4
 261

Doubt!

"So, I won!?"

Twilight couldn't believe her eyes, there must had been a mistake, she wasn't first place but second instead.

The winner was a mare called Bright Ink. Unfortunately, there weren't copies of the books the contestants had written for her to review, but she had luckily recieved the card from Safe Grammar. After a closer inspection of the winner she could tell that the winning mare was rich. She remembered her expensive clothing and arrogant walking stlyle clearly.

Could it be...? No. It must have been a mistake. I will just speak to Safe Grammar and this shall be sorted out.

"Lucky me I got her card, I must go to her and discuss this situation." Said Twilight, ignoring completely Spike's words.

"Twilight, remember our bet?"

"This surely can't be right, this injustice won't stay like that."

"Twilight, my gem." The baby dragon was getting upset for being ignored.

"And..."

The dragon didn't even let her finish that last sentence, already too annoyed with her adopting sister for ignoring him.

"Twilight!"

"Ah!"

The princess was startled, but it worked to make her stop the monologue.

"Yes Spike?"

"Remember our bet? Where is the gem?"

"Oh, right. Err..."

She didn't have any gems as "someone" had eaten them all some days ago.

She looked everywhere with desperation to see if a miracle would make a gem appear. It didn't, well, the castle itself was a giant gem but she couldn't give it to Spike.

"I will go and talk to Rarity to see if she has any to spare. Ok?"

Spike's demeanor turned to excitement. Rarity's jewelry was the best for him after all.

"Alright! But don't forget it. It has been too long since I ate one."

"It was just two days ago!"

"Yea, whatever. Just get them ok?"

Twilight didn't answer, instead, she rolled her eyes and walked outside, with her saddlebags. Her book and letter on the right bag and the card of Safe Grammar in a magic grip.

Safe had moved to Ponyville just a few weeks ago, and she would stay for some more time before returning to Canterlot. The issue had to be solved right then and there or else move to the mountain city for some time in order to fix everything.

It took the troubled mare little time to reach at Safe's home. It was a two stories house painted in white, an awning made of bricks defined both floors and had a gable roof.

She knocked twice and waited. After some seconds Safe opened the door.

"Oh, its you. Is there a problem?"

"Yes, there is. It says here that Im second pla..."

"Speak no further." Interrupted Safe.
"Come inside, please."

Safe stepped aside for Twilight to enter. When she did, Twilight noticed a green stallion with a yellow mane and tail that was sitting in the couch of the living room, across from the fireplace.

"Im not interrupting anything, am I?"

"No no, don't worry. This will be over soon anyway."

"If you say so..."

Twilight followed Safe to the kitchen, there was a table in the middle of it with two chairs. Safe sat in one and gestured for Twilight to sit in the other.

"Please..."

Twilight did as gestured and took a seat. It was followed by the retrieval of the book and the letter from her right saddlebag.

"Look. It says here that I am the second place but that doesn't make any sense."

"And why is that?"

"I checked my book more than ten times! There weren't grammatical mistakes, the storyline was great..."

Twilight paused for a second before saying the next part.

"I believe there has been corruption here."

Safe's face turned to shock.

"What!? How can you say that!? This contest didn't even have a prize for Celestia's sake!"

"But it just doesn't make sense, my story is perfect, I should have won!"

"Have you thought that maybe her book was better than yours in plot and storytelling?"

"Perhaps I would have if I could read it."

"Fine, come by again tomorrow and I'll give it to you, maybe that way your ego will be put down."

"Fine by me."

The alicorn was escorted out of the house and walked back to her castle. She would surely return to Safe's house the next day, get the book, compare it to her's and prove that it wasn't as good. The contest's results were an injustice she wouldn't tolerate.

But before she arrived at her house she remembered that she had to pay Rarity a visit in order to get some gems. The purple mare switched her direction and headed to the Carousel Boutique, perhaps her friend Rarity could help her with Spike's problem.

She spent half an hour of walking to reach the place. When she arrived she knocked twice, and just like before, some seconds passed before Rarity opened the door.

"Hello Twilight." Greeted Rarity with joy for seeing one of her best friends.

"Hi Rarity. I was wondering if you could help me out with something."

"But of course dear, come in and have a seat."

Twilight entered the boutique and sat in the couch of the living room.

"Want some tea?"

"No, thanks. I won't be here for long anyway."

"Oh well, you don't know what you are missing."

Rarity then served herself some tea in a white cup and sat alongside Twilight.

"What do you need help with darling?"

"I was wondering if you had any extra gems I could borrow."

"Oh, Im sorry Twilight but I have been short of them these past few days. The ones I have left must be used on a very important dress."

Rarity took a sip of her tea before resuming.

"I will have a new shipment arriving this Thursday. You wouldn't mind waiting, would you?"

"Of course not. Its nothing too important anyway." Said Twilight with a smile.

Rarity took another sip.

"I am deeply sorry for this inconvenience. I will send you some as soon as I get them."

"No worries. It isn't that important."

Rarity then finished her tea and led Twilight to the front door.

"Before you leave. Are you sure you don't want some tea? Its marvelous!"

"No, thanks, Im fine."

"Oh, well. Goodbye dear."

"Bye Rarity."

Twilight wasn't totally disappointed with the outcome of the day. True, she didn't solve any problem, but she managed to have them solved in the days to come. The only thing left for that Monday was to explain Spike of the gems situation and it would be over.

When she reached her castle Spike inmediatly got in her way and, with great excitement, asked.

"Did you get them?!"

"Sorry Spike. Rarity didn't have spare gems. She will have some this Thursday though."

"What?! But there are still three days to get there!"

Well, she didn't have any right now, you will have to be patient Spike.

"Yikes. Guess It is true."

The next day:

The princess of friendship entered her castle with a determined face. She had just received the winning book and was about to prove that it wasn't as good as hers.

She walked inside the library, took a seat in a table, retrieved both books from her saddlebags, opened them and started to compare them.