• Published 28th Mar 2020
  • 3,777 Views, 56 Comments

Dreams Don't Always Come as you Expected - Mister E-Nonymous



An orphan boy who has been living in an orphanage his whole life has been given a chance to have a home, but things get a little edgy when he wakes up, not just as a pony, but of a pony in the opposite gender.

  • ...
6
 56
 3,777

Prologue: I Was a Boy When I Woke Up This Morning

Author's Note:

This story takes place in Season 4, after the events of "Three's a Crowd." And to make things more realistic, I decided to have Pound and Pumpkin a little older since they have been babies from season 2 to season 9 in the series.

Prologue: I Was a Boy When I Woke Up This Morning


(Alex's Point of View)

I woke up, knowing that today was the day that the orphanage was being shut down. My name is Alex. I'm a 8-year old boy who was living in an orphanage in Seattle, Washington. I lived in this orphanage my whole life. My mom and dad died when I was one year old. They were out on a day of their own, leaving me with a babysitter, but due to a heavy downpour, they were washed into a river.

I've been sent to live at an orphanage that took me in. They hoped that I would be adopted soon, but the right people never did. I was hoping that I would have been picked when I was five, but the people looking for a child never picked me. I think it has to be something to do with my rare eye color. I was born with purple eyes instead of the natural colors; hazel, blue, green, black, amber, brown, or even the weird eye color gray. I was the unlucky child that never been adopted.

Last week, the orphanage has lost basically all of their children who were waiting to be adopted. All but me. I was forced to pack everything I had for my own personal entertainment. I had my clothes put into a suitcase, and my personal entertainment stuff was put into a box that was labeled personal stuff. I had to say goodbye to the woman who owned "God's Orphanage for Hopeful Children", Mother Hope.

She hugged me, telling me that I will be fine in the foster homes, but I'm not too sure. I don't like it if the people are getting paid to love me. I was put into a blue Ford Taurus and we took off. The man driving asked me if I had something to eat. I didn't, so we went through the drive through of a McDonald's.

I was halfway done eating my sausage, egg and cheese McGriddle when I heard the man driving the car started coughing. And it wasn't the coughing that was "I just have a tickle in my throat" coughing, this was the "I'm choking to death" kind of coughing. He leaned over to his right, making the car turn to the right as well. We were over another intersection, and then I blacked out. I couldn't remember anything after that. I just hope I would be okay and wake up in the hospital.


Ow. My head really hurts. I felt myself laying down on a bed, but I could tell it wasn't a hospital bed. I've been to the hospital before when I had broken my leg two years ago. I felt some bandages wrapped around my head, my chest, and my right arm. When I woke up, I saw that I wasn't in some hospital, but it looked like some sort of sweet themed bedroom. I could see some posts that looks like candy canes, a balcony, with a railing that looks like licorice, and a stair case with a post that was connected to the railing that looks like licorice, and that post looks like soft served ice cream with gumdrops.

It looks like whoever designed this room was really into sugar. And I also saw a lot of balloons. Along with a fireplace in the room, and next to the fireplace was an ash can that was full of candy. And over the fireplace were some pink flowers. It seems a little too girly for me, but I'm guessing this wasn't my room at the foster home I was going to. I looked over at a nightstand on my right, and saw a glass of water and a small mirror.

Feeling that my throat seemed a little dry. So, I reached over to grab that glass of water, only to have it fall over. I looked at the glass of water, wondering why the glass of water tipped over and fell onto the ground, until I looked at my arm. My arm wasn't an arm anymore. It looked like a horse's hoof, covered in pink fur.

"Gaaaah!" I shouted. "What the heck?!" But then I noticed something. My voice was different. "What's wrong with my voice?! I sound like a girl!" I then saw the mirror. Looking at both of my transformed arms, I had no choice but to grab the mirror with both of these hooves. "What have I become?!" I looked at my reflection, only to see a small pink horse looking back at me. My short, brown hair has become longer and has a red bow with purple edges. I then dropped the mirror and started squirming. "No, no, no no no no! This can't be happening!" I then pulled the covers upward, trying to look at my... private area. Instead of having what I'm used to having, but it's something else. "This... this can't be happening to me! I must be dreaming! I gotta get outta here!" I didn't want this. I had to get out of this major nightmare. I got out of this bed, trying to walk on two legs, but I fell off the bed, and landed on my head, with everything fading to black.


(Pinkie Pie's Point of View)

Three Hours Ago...

I was walking through Ponyville, the most friendliest of places. Friendly to basically every creature who wants to be friends with us. I've even made some friends with a creature from another world. And that creature was actually a human turned pony, who was adopted by Rainbow Dash, named Danny. Right now, my friends are all out doing some things on their own. Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Danny are in the Crystal Empire helping out with, Rarity and Fluttershy decided to go to a spa in Canterlot, and as for Applejack, she and her family are in Appleloosa for some family times.

So I decided to go out for a walk around town. I was making sure that everypony around me was having a happy day. I made sure of it. Then I decided to head to the lake for some fun for myself. I jumped high into the sky, and then dove straight into the middle of the lake. But when I was underwater, I saw a huge flash coming from the surface. I was wondering what has happened, so I came back to the surface of the lake. I looked around, and I saw something unexpected. I saw a little pink Earth Pony filly with a long, brown mane. She had some cuts on her forehead, stomach and her right foreleg. I got out of the lake, shook myself dry like a dog, and became poofy for a bit. Then I went back to my naturally poofy style. I then ran over to the filly, and saw that she was unconscious.

I brought the filly back to Sugarcube Corner, and I just realized something. Why didn't I bring this filly to the hospital? I was about to head out the door until I saw Nurse Redheart was here.

"Nurse Redheart?!" I asked. "What are you doing here?"

"I was actually here for a lunch break," said Nurse Redheart. "I just finished, and I was about to head back to the hospital." She then noticed the filly on my back. "Who is that? And is she alright?"

"I don't know who she is," I told her. "But I found her like this. She's in need of some medical attention."

"Luckily, I never leave work without some medical supplies for such an emergency," said Nurse Redheart. I brought her up to the room where I sleep.

I held her up while Nurse Redheart bandaged up the cuts on this young filly. After all of the bandages were put onto the young filly, I laid her down on my bed, and put the covers over her.

"I would like you to follow me to the hospital to hand you some proper medications for the young filly, and sign some papers," said Nurse Redheart. "I'll look to see if this filly has any match of any missing ponies. I just hope this filly wasn't born human like that Danny colt."

"Good call," I said. "Let's go." I followed Nurse Redheart out of Sugarcube Corner, and towards the hospital. I hope we'll be able to find out where this young filly came from.


A Few Seconds After Alex Passed Out...

I came back to Sugarcube Corner with some medical supplies to help out that young filly I found today. But when I got back, Mrs. Cake came out of the kitchen and started heading for the stores. She then noticed me.

"Oh, thank goodness, Pinkie," said Mrs. Cake. "I believe that the young filly has woken up just a few minutes ago. She must've had a nightmare about something."

"I'm on it!" I said, before rushing up the stairs, and into my room. When I saw her out of bed, face down on the floor. I gasped, and rushed over to her. She was unconscious, again. "Oh my gosh! What has happened to her?!" I then put her back on my bed and started gently shaking her awake. Nah, I wasn't gently shaking her. She scared me, and I had to rapidly shake her awake. "C'mon. Wake up, wake up."


(Alex's Point of View)

I blacked out for a few moments. I could feel someone holding me and shaking me awake. I slowly opened my eyes, and saw a pink pony in front of me.

"Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up!" she said worriedly. I then got wide eyed, and pushed her away from me, and then I looked at myself.

"No," I whispered. "This... this has to be some kind of nightmare."

"What was that?" asked the pink horse.

"This has to be a nightmare!" I shouted. "I'm not supposed to be like this!"

"C'mon," said the pink horse. "This ain't no nightmare. You just got to..."

"Stay away from me!" I shouted. I then got off the bed, and crawled under the bed. I then started crying. This wasn't where I was supposed to be. I have to get out of here. But how?


(Pinkie Pie's Point of View)

I was shocked. I was trying to cheer up this filly, and she doesn't even want me to come and comfort her. Did I do something wrong? Was I upsetting her for some reason? I then looked under the bed.

I then asked her, "Are you okay?"

"Just leave me alone," she said. "I'm not supposed to be here. I wanna go back to Seattle."

"Seattle?" I asked, confused. "Oh, don't you mean Seaddle?"

"No!" said the filly. "I mean Seattle. As in Seattle, Washington, on Earth."

I then gasped. "Earth?!" I asked. "You're from... Earth?! Are you a human?"

She looked at me and said, "Not just a human. My body was that of a boy's. I don't know how I became a girl horse."

I then thought about it. Of course this kid wouldn't know that she's in a world of ponies. But, how did this kid's gender change as he arrived here? It doesn't make any sense.

I then said, "Actually... about that..." I chuckled nervously. "You've turned into a pony. Not a horse."

"What?!" she asked. "Oh, c'mon!" She then realized something. "Wait a minute, how do you know about Earth?"

"Well," I said, rubbing the back of my head, "I have something to explain to you, but, you're not the first human that came here to Equestria."

She then came out from under my bed. She then asked, "Did the kid end up with the same change as me?"

"No, I'm afraid," I told her. "His name is Danny, and he did become a pony, but he became a pegasus pony, and he had a tough life for a month before he came here."

"What happened with him?" she asked.

"His own aunt and uncle killed his parents so they could use him to get themselves rich again after they lost all their money," I said. "But they weren't supposed to have custody of them because Danny's mother was disowned by her own family, and left in Oregon."

"Oregon? That's actually south of the state I was in," she said.

"Well, when we got them to expose themselves, they were sent to jail," I told her. "So, what's your story?"

She then sighed and said, "I grew up in an orphanage my whole life. I was the unlucky child who never got adopted. I think it had something to do with my eyes. The last adoption day was when every other orphan was adopted. Every orphan, except me. So, they were going to send me to foster homes. And that was today."

"I guess you're having a tough day," I said to her. "You wait here. I'm gonna head out for a bit. You stay here."

"Okay," said the human boy turned filly. I just hope the others would know what to do."