• Published 25th Mar 2020
  • 7,265 Views, 135 Comments

A Changeling Life - SleepyBear

  • ...
24
 135
 7,265

Training.

“Hey, Rag, wake up!” Lorax’s voice broke into Rag’s dream. He was reading books on his dream about changeling high cuisine. “Training begins in two hours. Masrur is already up, and captain Moru is waiting!” Lorax added urgently.

Rag stretched sleepily, then remembered, today was his first day of training, where he would finally learn how to use the weird body destiny gave him. He leaped to his hooves, and his drowsiness evaporated as excitement surged through his veins, he read a lot yesterday about his new body and how it worked, so he was ready for anything.

Lorax was jumping excitedly as Rag got ready, Rag wasn’t sure as to why he was so happy, but then again he was always happy, “So why are you so happy?” Rag asked as he added something with narrowed eyes. “I really hope there is no initiation...”

“Well... you got into my Squad; I never had anyone... be in my squad... is nice, you know?” Lorax smiled brightly.

“Huh, neat.” Rag smiled back.

Lorax led Rag quickly through the hive, excited and ready to train. As they climbed and jumped through the holes, a cool breeze ruffled their body; Rag was still impressed with the cooling system inside the hive it was like having AC.

Rag felt fierce joy well up inside him as he followed Lorax down, while the situation that brought him to this wasn’t the best, he was excited to experience something so new and bizarre, something no other human would have the pleasure to experience, it was a unique experience that he would enjoy, if life gives you lemons, you shove those lemons up life ass and find a way to be happy!

Masrur and Captain Mory were indeed waiting for them sitting over a cliff, sitting a few meters apart from each other.
“In the future, I expect you both to be punctual,” growled Moru, staring at us, but more specifically at Lorax.

“Huh, it seems the weak bugs need a clock,” Masrur added teasingly.

“If they get here late again, I will punish you too,” Moru added with a cold glare, “After all they are part of your squad,”

“Say what now?” Lorax and Rag asked simultaneously.

“I’ll punish... you..” Masrur murmured just barely high enough for Rag to hear who couldn’t help but chuckle.

“You three will be together in a squad, as for now, I will be your, leader,” Moru answered.

Rag decided to ignore the fact that muscle brain was on his team and nodded enthusiastically, Lorax on the other hand, unable to disguise his fear at the big changeling was sweating.

“Come,” Moru said impatiently. “Today, we are going to start with the basics, you can thank Ragnarok.”

'Well excuse yoouuuuu asshole, I’ve been a bug for about a week or so,’ Rag thought.

Without another word, Moru flew up over the cliff and landed on the ground several meters away from everyone, “First lesson, flying...”

Lorax and Masrur started to whisper to each other, and deep down, Rag knew something was wrong.

Rag turned around and saw Masrur and Lorax sharing a look. Why? They didn’t like each other, and Rad pondered why were they nodding as if agreeing to something, The smile of the captain’s face told Rag what he needed to know, but it was already too late, and without warning, the traitors rushed towards Rag and with a mighty push, threw him into the cliff.

“I will kill youuuuuuuu bothhhhh!” Rag shouted as he felt his body fall, his mind went into overdrive.

As humans, it is inevitable to believe that we are born into this world with an instinct, an unknown conscious, which is the means to our development. Without this instinct, many of the activities we take for granted would be a prioritized thought (i.e., breathing, sleeping, and walking). If humans were not born into this world with an instinct, everyday life would be a struggle because our minds would have to think each reflex through for every movement.

For birds is the idea of reinforcement is the key that wakes up their instincts, The main source of motivation for baby birds to learn how to fly is food, but Rag wasn’t motivated by food, no, he was motivated by something more way powerful, anger and the desire of revenge, Rag knew that if he crashed into the ground, he would die, and dead he couldn’t enact his mighty revenge on upon those two.

“Do you think he survived?” Masrur asked with a yawn.

“The ground is not solid; he will be okay...I think...” Lorax answered as he approached the cliff to see if Rag was actually okay, but something inside him told him to run, something was coming for him, and it would be painful.

"ARGGGGGGGGGGG!"

“What in the heck is that?” Masrur asked, looking at the cliff.

“I don’t know...but I don’t like it,” Lorax chuckle taking a few steps backs.

“That is the sound of pain waiting to be delivered,” Captain Moru chuckled, “I’ll be outside the hive, in the forest, let me know when Ragnarok is done kicking your flanks,”

“Wait; what?” Masrur was confused, but soon his questions would be answered.

“ARGHHHHHHHHH!” Rag emerged from the cliff flying at an incredible speed, his eyes full of anger and adrenaline course through his veins or the equivalent in insects, he glided towards the duo and said, “Very efficient the teaching method you both agreed on, but it has some side effects, all this unyielding RAGE!

“That’s how birds learn!” Lorax shouted with a hint of fear on his eyes.

"TWEET TWEET MOTHER FUCKER!~"

The beating that Masrur and Lorax received was legendary, a human full of adrenaline and powered by anger with access to hundreds of fictitious creatures of his past world that have been fed to him thanks to the media, made Rag at that moment an unstoppable force, a calamity, Masrur was the one that fought till the end, sadly Lorax was knocked out at the first blow.

Masrur, on the other hand, fought Rag for a couple of hours, without stopping, in the end, he lost the battle, but he was happy, as he demonstrated as he fell into the ground with a smile.


After the battle they found themselves in the forest, the trees were thick and full of life, Masrur was limping and so was Rag, Lorax had a swollen eye, they could’ve have gone to the medic, both the agreed on not doing such thing, for fear of what the doctor could do to them. Rag paused a second to try and catch the scent of the captain. The other changelings stopped beside him.

“The captain is hiding,” Rag murmured. “Use your noses and try to be useful,” both changelings nodded and started to sniff around there was the faint scent of the captain, around the forest.

“I can’t smell anything... besides my blood,” Masrur grunted.

“I can only smell you two, cause you know the blood,” Lorax chuckled.

“Remind me to kick his ass when my ass recovers,” Masrur smiled at Rag.

“Noted,” Rag smiled back.

“I thought we were friends!” Lorax cried out, “Besides, you have already punished me enough!”

“You took one blow, and you were out,” Rag sighed as Masrur chuckled on the back, “At least with Masrur I had enough time get over my thirst for blood,”

“Now, let’s find that captain!”

Author's Note:

short chapter, as I write back up chaps.

Comments ( 23 )

Burned a lot of energy for that. Next lesson: control! Never do with five punches what you should do with one, as they say.
Wonder if Marsh noticed anything with the technically-not-equestrian shapes?
Keep going! ;)

Thanks for the chapter

The beating that Masrur and Lorax received was legendary, a human full of adrenaline and powered by anger with access to hundreds of fictitious creatures of his past world that have been fed to him thanks to the media, made Rag at that moment an unstoppable force, a calamity, Masrur was the one that fought till the end, sadly Lorax was knocked out at the first blow.

Sooo many choices !😈
Like these
crossoverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/tfs.gif
steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/198551910974892852/282C4C410A86ED2D84C15985C7CA1C2E8AC57EC2/
i.pinimg.com/originals/c2/b4/dd/c2b4dd892ce9eb2a2c5db1fab7611f0b.gif

i wonder if rag will change history and accend to a king changling because its likly that or he gets the chrissy who invades canterlot to calm down

10254895
But sometimes it feels really good to do in five punches what you can do in one. It's called catharsis.

Tweet Tweet Motherfucker!:rainbowlaugh:

10255497
indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Borg-Cube.jpg
Your inefficiency is noted and will be accounted for. Resistance is futile.

Tweet Tweet Motherfucker! :rainbowlaugh:

This chapter has me dying.

10255048
That first one is best. :yay:

Looking forward to more AWESOME chapters! :pinkiehappy:

The Humor is strong with this one...

O crap that the current end until the next update.
Magnificent story. Beautiful chapter :rainbowkiss:

10411447
We all know where this is going... :facehoof:

Love this story so far!:pinkiehappy:

Damn do I need more of this

10149364

Alondro wakes up in Equestria as a cherngelerng, ermahgerd. "Aw crap." Sprays himself with DDT and dies.
It was the only way....
:pinkiecrazy:

....wait....:rainbowderp: Whatever happened to "nuking it from orbit" as being the only way to be sure? :twilightangry2:
I don't believe the Sigourney would approve. :facehoof:

10255048
10266213
:rainbowdetermined2: Oh, yeah! The Decepticon's homage to King Ghidorah--that IS a good one! :rainbowwild:

10738256
I like the new King Ghidorah, he's so much more now then ever before. :rainbowdetermined2:

Can't wait
Keep up the good work

This story has the foundation for a great one!! I do hope the author returns.

Login or register to comment