• Published 25th Mar 2020
  • 7,266 Views, 135 Comments

A Changeling Life - SleepyBear

  • ...
24
 135
 7,266

Who am I?

Rag found the princess to be obnoxious and annoying, she was a spoiled brat with power to back up her attitude, and one day she would rule him and everyone, and he wasn’t sure he would like that, perhaps he was too hasty to join the Hive.

The very next day after meeting the princess Rag walked with Lorax through the Hive, he still needed a guide sometimes it could be hard to travel even with his sense of smell, today they were expecting a report from one of the squads in the espionage team, Lorax was excited, but Rag’s mind was somewhere else, and he quite embarrassed he didn’t notice it earlier.

Why was he being so accepting of everything, his new body, his new job, why?.

Did he still had the desire to be human again, or was that desire pushed down or erased by something entirely new, was he still Bob or Ragnarok devour his old self.

‘Who am I?’ The confused changeling thought.

As Rag was lost in thought, a smell snapped him out of his mind, blood, a changeling staggered slightly entering the Hive something was wrong; Rag could smell it, the changeling smelled like blood and fear and not only that he was alone, where was his squad? And why was he so badly injured?

The changeling right foreleg glistened, wet with green blood that flowed from the deep gash on his shoulder; he also had a knife plunged on his back. “We m-met with some Minotaurs warriors beside the Krok land, not far from the Meridan,” he went on shakily. “Patri was among them.”

“Commander Patri??!” Lorax gasped beside Rag. “He is known as one of the most influential warchiefs in the Minotaur lands. He’s also one of the greatest warriors in there, why was he so close to the border?”

Rag didn’t understand much what was going on, but it seemed serious, Lorax continued talking, but Rag zoned him out, he smelled something in the air, someone was approaching, with a bit more of effort he caught the scent of the Commander approaching them.

And like a clock, the Commander appeared startling Lorax, “Commander! I-”

Lorax was silenced by a fierce glance from the Commander, that told him to be quiet or else.

Ragnarok inwardly chuckled and turned his attention to the Commander, who started to speak for everyone in the vicinity to hear.

“The Minotaurs have been invading our territory lately, Captain Moru warned us this would happen,” The Commander said with a stern tone, and with a move of his hoof, he ordered the injured changeling to continue with his story.

“Our squad captain would not back down. He said the Hive had to be fed, and that no overgrown cow would stop that.” The channeling paused a bit to breathe. His wounds were still bleeding heavily, and he stood awkwardly to keep the weight off his shoulder were the most significant injury was.

“That’s when the Minotaurs attacked. It was hard to see what was happening; they ambushed us... we didn’t see them or smell them; it was as if they knew where we were and how to hide from us. The fighting was bloody and vicious. I saw our squad captain fight with honor, he was fighting Patri and....” Suddenly the changeling’s eyes rolled in his head as he collapsed on the ground like a limp rag doll, he couldn’t hold himself any longer.

“Medics!” The Commander called the medic team, to save the injured changeling.

A random female changeling jumped towards the unconscious changeling and crouched at his side. She was crying and kept giving him love and calling out, “Urty... Ur...wake up, honey!”

The Commander separated the crying female from her lover to allow the medics to take the changeling to the emergency ward.

Rag couldn’t understand why he didn’t receive medical attention first, but something in the smell of the injured changeling told him he was going to survive, he didn’t smell like death.

‘Wait... how does death smell like?’ Rag thought.

“It’s all right, Mar, his wounds aren’t fatal. But he needs medical attention and all the love he can get to heal his injuries.” The Commander said in a strangely soothing tone.

“I have some love saved up in my room!” Mar sprinted back to her quarters, “I’ll take it to the medics!”

Something didn’t click on Rag, how did the Minotaurs manage to successfully hide and sneak on a team that was trained to do exactly that.

“What do you think, Rag?” The Commander inquired it seems he had noticed Rag’s expression.

“Something is off about this... I might not know much about the Minotaurs, but I’m sure they are not the sneaky type,” Rag answered, “Do you think..that perhaps another hive helped them?”

The Commander was silent for a second before answering; his expression told Rag what he needed to know; he also thought the same thing, a rouge changeling or a hive was helping them.

“You are coming to the captain meeting tonight,” The Commander said, with a tone that implied it was an order, “Your insight might help us more than I originally thought.”

Rag simply nodded at the unspoken order as the Commander took his leave.

“You have less than one week here, and you are already in the big bug table!” Lorax said with a chuckle as soon as the Commander was out of sight, “You are working fast, don’t forget us the little bugs, man.”


Rag found himself in the lion’s den, a room filled with powerful and lethal individuals, he was at the same level as the captains at least when it came to the seating floor.

The Commander was on a floor slightly above everyone, and lastly, the Queen was above all of them, on her throne.

“How did this happen, Heart?” demanded the Queen from her position on the throne.

“Ragnarok and I share a theory,” Commander’s heart said with respect, “We think a changeling be it a rouge or another hive is helping the Minotaurs.”

Moru the son of the Commander sighed it was the first time Rag saw him, he was about average size with a lot of scars over his body, he looked particularly dangerous like he could snap Rag in half, but then again everyone in that room seemed like they could do such thing, “It wouldn’t be the first time other hives try such thing, but is the first time they killed an entire platoon of our changelings.” Moru’s voice was strong and deep.

“If I may...” Rag raised his hoof.

“You may,” The Queen conceded.

“I don’t know much about hives... but if this is the strongest hive or one of the most prominent and like captain Moru said, this is not the first time they do such thing...” Rag took a deep breath, he wasn’t entirely sure of this, but he saw enough history to know there was a chance, “What if... we are not dealing with only one hive...?”

“You suggest they would make an alliance to take us down?” Lena eyed Rag with curiosity.

“If they hate us more than they hate themselves... I don’t see why not,” Rag answered.

“That sounds plausible... you know the enemy of my enemy is my temporary ally?” The sadist doctor added.

“If that’s the case, we might have a war coming up,” Moru sighed.

“We need to investigate... but it’s not impossible that other hives are planning to take us down,” The Queen said with a frown.

Rag couldn’t help but wonder what did the future had stored for him.


The reunion continued for hours but eventually ended with each changeling going to their respective quarters.

Rag decided to take this free time and go to the changeling royal library to understand more about his new self.

Book 1 —- Changeling Anatomy—-

Transformations —- This is a tricky subject for our species when we transform we use an image in our heads to create a body into life.

The body is not always anatomically correct; what does this mean?

Your new skin could have the wrong sexual bits or smell if you don’t have at least a basic understanding of how the body you are using works.

The outside of the transformation is easy to master, and most changelings learn only this, with just a simple image in your mind of what you want, you can change into anything.

The inside of the transformation is the hard part, where you change your muscles and cells to be identical to the creature you are turning.

If you transform into a dragon and you don’t know how their inside works you will have the size and the strength of one, but you won’t move like one, your transformation will expand and create the muscles you are most comfortable with to adapt to your new shape, but you won’t have access to their full potential.

A perfect transformation can change the genetic code of the changeling to the point where said changeling could impregnate or get impregnated of any species, and their offspring would be the species they were during the deed.

This so-called perfect transformation is, of course, extremely rare, so far, there have been only five changelings capable of it, and all of them have been queens.

Changing your genetic makeup to one of a dragon or an alicorn would give the changeling technically an ageless body, with immense powers—- this doesn’t mean the changeling will be the most powerful individual of the species they transform, they will win the benefits of the species they turn into, but that’s the end of the line, not all alicorns are mighty, and not all dragons are strong.

Is also good to note total or absolute transformation can’t copy other creatures, you have to create your own persona

‘So basically I have to understand something perfectly in the biological standpoint of view to actually turn into it,’ Ragnarok thought as he picked another book.

—-Book 2 ——Changeling instincts—

“Now this is what I want to see,” Rag said with determination, he might be a bug now, but they couldn’t change one thing humans share, their insatiable curiosity.

Author's Note:

I’m back, was sick not corona thank god,

My house was under repairs.

My aunt and uncle got sick —- with the corona—-


Back to one chapter daily or one every two days we’ll see

The point is I’m here ready to roll!

And well this year is not my year but I’m back