• Published 6th Apr 2020
  • 874 Views, 20 Comments

Intergalactic Gladiator Games - Ragnarok17



Spike get captured by an Intergalactic Empire and must fight off against numerous Gladiators to gain his freedom

  • ...
2
 20
 874

Aftermath

Back on Ponyville, Twilight just stand there and is lost for words as she like being frozen for eternity while Rarity is panicking shaking Twilight.

“Twilight?! Wake up! Don’t just stand there! Are you even listen to me?! They took Spike!” Rarity is crying from tears as she tries to snap Twilight from the state she in but Twilight doesn’t respond to her and remain “frozen”. Seeing Twilight like this, Rarity shredding a lot of tears.

“TWILIGHT!!!! DON’T YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT SPIKE?!?!?!?!” Rarity punch Twilight which finally break her from the frozen state and Twilight look at her angrily as she punch Rarity. Twilight glares at Rarity while tears are coming from her eyes.

“Don’t you ever say I don’t care about Spike” Twilight cried as she walk to Rarity.

“I’m sorry, Rarity!” Twilight hugs Rarity while Rarity hugs her back

“Yeah, I’m sorry too”

Applejack is finally awakens while still feeling from the side-effect that Mac use his laser on her

“Ow... what happens?” Applejack look around and see Twilight and Rarity hugging each other while crying from their tears. Applejack walk toward them

“Guys, what’s wrong?” Applejack asked Twilight and Rarity. Twilight is too shocked to answer Applejack’s question, so Rarity answer her instead while crying.

“Applejack..... They took Spike”

”WHAT?!” Applejack’s yell is so powerful that it awakens Fluttershy

“Ah! I heard someone screaming!” Fluttershy look around and see Rainbow Dash who is covered with muds and her whole body including her wings are broken from being crushed in Mac’s hand while Pinkie Pie who is covered with a lot of dessert stuffs got Rainbow Dash under her legs and help her to walk.

“Rainbow Dash! Pinkie Pie! What happened with you guys?!” Fluttershy walk to them and help a messed up Rainbow Dash and lay Rainbow down on the ground who smile at Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy, oh my dear childhood friend. I am perfectly fine and 100 percent okay after I ALMOST GOT KILLED BY A GIANT FREAKING ROBOT AND MY WHOLE BODY INCLUDING MY WINGS ARE BROKEN!!! Do I look okay?!” Rainbow tries to move but when her hoofs touch the ground, she shrieked in pain.

“Ow! Even my own hoofs are in pain from touching the ground! That’s why I have Pinkie Pie help me to walk” Rainbow point to Pinkie

“What about you, Pinkie? How did you end up like this?” Fluttershy is flabbergasted of seeing Pinkie Pie with a lot of dessert covered the entire body including her own mane.

“Well, that giant robot send me to Sugarcube Corner and I crash land on a lot of dessert that Mrs. Cake made... She doesn’t mind it through!” Pinkie grabs a Rainbow-covered cake with part of her mane on it and eat it which disgusts Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash.

“Gross!” Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash yell in unison while Pinkie Pie is confused

“What?” They stare at her until Applejack yell at them

“This is no time to relax, y’all! Cause our little buddy is captured by those varmint!”

“What?!” Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie yell in unison.

“They got Spike?! No way!” Rainbow Dash is disbelief about Spike being captured, “How did they capture Spike?” Rarity walk toward them to explain why Spike got captured.

“Spike let himself get captured in order to protect us from being killed by them. If he didn’t let himself get captured, I would have been killed by them and Twilight would be captured instead.” Rarity shed a tear and continue to cry

“They took my Spikey-Wikey!” Applejack, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie comfort Rarity for losing her beloved dragon.

“It’s all right, Rarity. We are in this together” Applejack calming her down as Rainbow get up with a help from Pinkie Pie.

“Let head back to the castle to figure out about this situation” Rainbow command the Elements of Harmony as Twilight is still shocked to give order to them.


At Castle of Friendship, Twilight sitting in her throne as she’s still too shocked to interact with others while Nurse Redheart is treating Rainbow Dash’s injuries as Rarity is talking with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna about Spike not wanting to be friend with them anymore as well Spike being captured by Andy & Randy.

“So, Spike doesn’t want to be friend with you or Twilight or Elements of Harmony, You say he let himself get captured by 2 guys named Andy & Randy?” Princess Celestia asked Rarity

“Yes and those hooligans claimed to be sent by Emperor Maverick Faust in order to find a purple creature and they would got away with capturing Twilight if weren’t for Spike, he let himself get captured in order to protect Twilight and now, he’s gone forever!”

Luna comfort Rarity

“There, there”

Celestia look at Twilight who haven’t come out of her throne.

“That’s why Twilight haven’t greeted me like usual.” Celestia walk to Twilight and smile at her as she use her magic to create a ladybug and put the ladybug on Twilight’s hoof, Twilight look at her hoof and see a ladybug on her own hoofs.

“Ahh! Ladybug! Get away from me!” Twilight let go of a ladybug as she tries to fly away before Celestia stop her which surprise Twilight

“Princess Celestia! You’re here! Oh my Princess!!!! Something bad happens to Spike!”

“I know, Twilight. Rarity already told me about Spike.” Celestia comfort Twilight as she embraces her which Twilight return the embrace.

“Princess Celestia, I don’t understand..... Why Spike doesn’t want to be friend with me anymore? What did I do that make him to want to break his friendship with me” As Celestia about to give her answer, Applejack barge through the door with a book on her hoof.

“Twilight, I believe we found a reason why Spike doesn’t want to be friend with us anymore” Applejack lays a book on the table and Twilight walk to the table and to her surprise, it’s Spike’s diary that contain his rant.

“Spike’s “rant” diary?” Twilight asked Applejack

“Yup, Twilight. I believe his diary might reveal why he doesn’t want to be friend with us anymore” Applejack open the book and have Twilight read it.

Dear Diary, while I was asleep during Winter Wrap Up, I fall into the water and it was very cold which is bad for me because I could have die and what did Twilight and others did? THEY LAUGH AT ME! THEY WERE LAUGHING IF ME DIED OF COLD WATER IS FUNNY TO THEM! NO! IT’S NOT FUNNY AT ALL AND THIS IS ONE OF MOMENTS WHERE I QUESTION MY FRIENDSHIP WITH TWILIGHT AND ELEMENT OF HARMONY!

Twilight and others are stunned in silence to hear Spike’s words as Twilight can only speak.

“Spike” Twilight feel guilty of laughing at his potential death while others especially Pinkie Pie feel guilty

“Laughing at a child who about to die is definitely not funny and I laugh at it!” Her mane deflated. “I’m bad Pinkie Pie” Twilight continues to read Spike’s “Rant” Diary.

Dear Diary, I was so exciting to attend the Gala with my friends as I get to spend time with them but unfortunately, they ditch me like I was nothing to them and they’re only care about making special night for themselves. Did Twilight contradicts herself about me being her friend when I run away home? Did I regret of coming back home?

Twilight was shock to hear Spike feeling regret of coming back to her.

“But I was careless that night! I didn’t meant to abandon Spike and I certainly didn’t contradict my statement about him being my friend” Twilight continues to read more Spike’s “Rant” Diary

Dear Diary, I really love Rarity very much but I starting to feel Rarity was just taking advantage of me when I gave away Fire Ruby to her even though i had been saving that gemstone which is VERY HARD to find for my own birthday and Rarity use her own charm on me so she can add Fire Ruby to her collection. The only reason she kiss me so it give me hope of to be with her but let’s be honest, I expecting her saying “Darling, there’s no way Dragon and Pony can be together because they’re different from each other and the romantic relationship ain’t going to work out” because Rarity will never return her feeling toward me because she’s a gold digger who only interest in those stallions who are very wealthy and that’s the truth!

Rarity close her mouth as she learn her Spikey-Wikey accuse her of taking advantage of him as she tears up

“No Spike! I would never take an advantage of you! You’re my Spikey-Wikey and I would never say something like that!” Rarity start to cry as Luna comfort her

Dear Diary, Nopony ever told me about Twilight having a birthday party at Canterlot and I wasn’t inviting at all! They having a fun time without me! Did Elements of Harmony only see me as nuisance? I bet the reason why they throw the party without me knowing it is so they can get in good term with Twilight which is ironically that the next time they went to Canterlot, they abandoned her at Wedding Rehearsal in favor of Princess Cadance who happens to be Queen Chrysalis! What the hell were they thinking of focus on a pony that they barely knew! Although, I did abandoned Twilight because I was still doubting about my friendship with her way before Cadance or Queen Chrysalis came along! Elements of Harmony especially Princess Celestia didn’t have justified reason to abandoned Twilight and that’s goes to show they only care about getting connection with royalty! Elements of Harmony didn’t really care about Twilight but they certainly didn’t care about me since I wasn’t invited to her birthday party!

Twilight gives a stink eye toward Elements of Harmony and Princess Celestia for Wedding Rehearsal incident. They tried to look away and some of them smiled sheepishly while Celestia starts whistling

“What?! We say we’re sorry! We were just so careless back then! We definitely didn’t become friends with you for royalty! I’m supposed to be Element of Loyalty and yet I abandoned you over a stupid wedding! I will never do that again!” Rainbow apologizes to Twilight

“Twilight, if you still soured about the whole wedding rehearsal incident. Then, I’m sorry. That’s one of moments that I’m not proud of along with banishing my own sister. You are my most loyal student I ever have and I made a big mistake for not listening to you, the next time you tries to warn me, I will listen to you with no hesitation” Celestia smiles at Twilight as she gives hug to Twilight who hug her back.

“Yeah, our foolish decision of abandoning you at the Wedding Rehearsal leads many countless fanfics of us going through punishment and all Authors are giving us hard time for what we did to you”

Pinkie Pie look at you. (The you as it you are reading this story right now)

“HEY READERS! ENOUGH WITH MANY OF A CANTERLOT WEDDING FANFIC ALREADY! LET IT GO! MOVE ON! WE GET IT! WE REGRET OF ABANDONING TWILIGHT! WE SAY WE SORRY TO HER! NOW, WRITE SOMETHING DIFFERENT CAUSE I GETTING TIRED OF GOING THROUGH SO MANY OF A CANTERLOT WEDDING FANFIC! TAKE YOUR ANGRY ON WHOEVER WROTES THAT EPISODE!” Pinkie Pie sat down on her throne angrily.

Twilight and others look at her confused.

“Who the heck is she talking to?” Applejack asked but no one responds.

“Anyway, let’s get back on Spike” Twilight continues the subject about Spike

“Spike accuse us for not inviting him because he thought we view him as a nuisance?! That’s nonsense! We just forget about him!” Rarity close her mouth as she realizes what she says.

“Oh my Celestia! Spike is right! We did forget about him!” Rarity crying so much that her mascara is officially RUINED while all Elements of Harmony comfort her.

“It’s alright, Rarity, I did forgot about Spike too and to this day, I have no idea why I didn’t realize Spike wasn’t at my birthday party.” Twilight wipes tears out of her eyes as she continues to read Spike’s Rant Diary.

Dear Diary, Despite Twilight promises me that she wouldn’t dismissed me, she BROKE her promise! I told her that I going to serve Applejack forever and I was hoping she would talk me out of it and what did she say? ‘SOUND GOOD!’ Like she doesn’t give a shit about me at all! Like ‘WHAT THE HELL TWILIGHT?!’, I’m almost reaching my breaking point with that pony! I used to look up Twilight but now, I just feel she doesn’t want me anymore and the only reason why I still live with her because she’s only one that I have and....... now, I don’t really know if my friendship with her and Elements of Harmony are really worth it. It’s best for me if I break my friendship with them so they can forget about me cause they always forget about me and they wouldn’t know that I have gone! Twilight would better off with someone that is better than me as I am useless to her! I don’t deserve to be her number one assistant or her friend.

Twilight drop the book as tears started swelling up in her eyes while Elements of Harmony starting to feel guilty for their treatment toward Spike.

“It’s my fault that he’s gone because we didn’t treat him as our friend! How can we call ourselves ‘his friends’ if we’re responsible for letting himself captured! I’m awful pony!”

Twilight cries on the table while Elements of Harmony, Celestia and Luna comfort her.

“Don’t blame yourself, Twilight. We just have no idea what he was going through” Rarity assured Twilight but didn’t help her.

“Spike is right, I don’t deserve to be his friend. I should be the one to get captured, not Spike and I let it happens because I didn’t care for him!” Twilight continues to cry until Celestia laids her hoof on Twilight.

“Twilight, I understand what pain you're going through after losing Spike but you shouldn’t blame yourself for being a bad friend. Sometimes friends hurt each other but they will always find a way to make up and make their friendship even stronger like your friendship with Elements of Harmony”

“Princess Celestia, what can I do? Spike hate me for not treating him right and I always contradict my statement to him, I am a bad friend and he know it!” Twilight was still doubting her broken friendship with Spike but Celestia laids her hoof on Twilight’s cheek.

“Twilight, you are not a bad friend cause you always find a way to reconcile with your friends and you know Spike, he will eventually forgive you cause he can’t stay mad at you and Elements of Harmony forever. You just have faith in yourself, Twilight” Celestia along with Elements of Harmony and Luna embraces Twilight.

“After all, you didn’t gave up on us when Discord put a spell on us. You shouldn’t give up on Spike! He’s our friend and we will get him back!” Rainbow winks at Twilight.

“Yeah, Twilight! Don’t give up on him!” Fluttershy smiles

“Twilight, We’re willing to risk our life to help you to rescue Spike.” Rarity smiles

Twilight feeling a bit better gave a smile, “Thank guys.”

Suddenly, they were interrupted by sound of a rocket crashing on the ground.

“What the heck?! That sound is coming from outside!” Applejack run through the door while Twilight, Elements of Harmony and Princesses follow her to investigate the sound.


When they are outside, they see a giant tower appear in front of them while all civilians are shocked to see a tower appear out of nowhere

“Bonbon! No pony told us about this tower!” Lyra is shocked that nopony informs her about a tower.

“Me neither, Lyra”

Suddenly a small robot appear in front of them standing on the top of the tower

“Greetings civilians of Equestria, my name is A113 and I am sent by Faust Universe Company to broadcast Intergalactic Gladiator Games for people of Equestria to witness!”

“Intergalactic Gladiator Games? What’s that?!” One of civilians asked A113

“I will let My boss do the talking”

A113 played a video where we see The Emperor appears as he dances along with Aztec-dress dancers while Gladiators are stand there to watch him dance and Ponies are like “What?”

“Hello everyone from different planets! My name is Maverick Faust and those folks are the one who are participants of Intergalactic Gladiator Games!”

While The Emperor is talking, Twilight notices a certain purple creature on background and to her shock, it’s Spike!

“Spike?!”

Author's Note:

The next chapter will see Emperor revealing about the tournament as well finally to get to know some of gladiators that Spike will either befriend with or have to fight them.

Faust Universe Company is owned by Emperor Faust, not only he’s an Emperor of Faust but he’s a business typhoon.

I think I add way too much crying. Sorry if some of them came off as angst.

If Spike came off as a jerk, I am sorry but I have to make him feel that Twilight and others don’t care about him. (I may went too far with Rarity thing, sorry Rarity!)

The whole “Dragon and Pony can’t be together because they’re different from each other” line was inspired by one of fanfic where Rarity tell Spike why she won’t fall in love with him because he’s a dragon. So what if Spike was feared that Rarity would use this line to him and that’s why he say that to avoid a potential heartbreak from her.

I like to think Pinkie Pie is tired of going through many of A Canterlot Wedding fanfics including the famous “Loved and Lost” by EquineAvenger and she doesn’t want to deal with that event anymore! You could say she was in “Groundhog Day” situation with that event.

A113 is a reference to the classroom used by graphic design and character animation students including John Lasseter, Tim Burton and Brad Bird and have appear in a lot of Pixar movies.

I don’t know how many Gladiators are in this story, 50? 60? 70? What is your suggestion for how many Gladiators beside Spike to appear?