• Published 20th Mar 2020
  • 2,128 Views, 15 Comments

Breaking Barriers - TheGamerBrony



This is the story of how Gallus became the first non-pony royal guard

  • ...
10
 15
 2,128

Sandbar's Party

Sandbar’s going away party is in a few days and he has started handing out invitations to his friends, former teachers, and extended family members. Twilight’s castle received a call from Sandbar. Twilight picked up the phone.

“Hello? This is Princess Twilight” greeted Princess Twilight.

“Hi, Headmare Twilight! It’s Sandbar, how are you doing?” Sandbar replied.

“Sandbar! It’s been so long! How are you doing, my dear?” Twilight asked excitedly.

“Great, thanks! I’m having a farewell party at Sugarcube Corner in a few days before I leave for Manehattan. I called to send you a personal invitation” Sandbar announced.

“I’d love to go, Sandbar! It’s been so long since I saw you and the others. I’m really looking forward to seeing you all again!” Twilight replied.

“So am I. I really miss you, Princess. Say, I heard Gallus lives with you now” Sandbar replied.

“Yeah, I adopted him just a couple days ago” Twilight replied.

“That’s good. I sent him a letter that I hope he got. Um, can I talk to him for a few minutes?” Sandbar asked.

“Of course!” Twilight said as she went to get Gallus, who was in his room.

Twilight gave a few knocks on Gallus’s room and called “Gallus, Sandbar’s on the phone!”

Gallus got out of his room and walked up to the phone. “Hey, Sandbar”

“Hi, Gallus. Did you get my letter?” Sandbar asked.

“Yeah” Gallus replied.

“Good. Y’know, I feel kinda bad for how hostile I was towards you. I’m pretty sure I gave you a fright by how loud I was” Sandbar apologized.

“Yeah. I’ve never seen you that angry before” Gallus replied.

Sandbar sighed and said “Listen, buddy, I know how much you wanted to stay at the school, but you can’t always get your way in life, and resisting everybody and throwing tantrums will only make things worse. I’m sorry I yelled at you, but I just wanted you to know that. You need to work on accepting unfortunate circumstances as they happen, and I think I should work on not taking my anger and frustrations out on people” Sandbar continued.

“Yeah” Gallus replied.

“I’m really happy that Twilight adopted you and things are going good. Do you like living with Twilight?” Sandbar asked.

“I do! A lot!” Gallus replied.

“Good, good! Hey, so, I’m having a going away party in a few days at Sugarcube Corner. You should come. I’d really like to see you again” Sandbar announced.

“I’d really love to go! Did Twilight say that she was gonna go?” Gallus asked.

“She did! So, guess I’ll see you in a few days?” Sandbar asked.

“Yep!” Gallus confirmed.

“Awesome! See you later, buddy! I love you!” Sandbar said before hanging up.


The day of Sandbar’s party, Twilight and Gallus boarded the train to Ponyville, both very excited to see Sandbar. They left Canterlot very early in the morning so that they could make it to the party on time.

A few hours later, they made it to Ponyville and continued to make their way to Sugarcube Corner where they met Pinkie Pie.

“Hey, guys! The party’s in here! Welcome!” Pinkie cheered.

Once the two went inside, they were immediately met by Sandbar and his friends.

Sandbar walked up to Gallus and greeted him. “Hey, Gallus! What’s up?”

Soon, his friends followed suit.

“Hi, Gallus! It’s so good to see you again! Give me a hug!” Ocellus cheered as she and Gallus hugged.

“Hey, buddy! Nice to see you again!” Smolder said as she hugged Gallus.

“Yona so happy to see griffon again!” Yona said as she ran up to Gallus and give him a hug that’s so big, he’s afraid that she might break his most important bones.

“Yona! Too tight!” Gallus warned.

“Sorry. Guess Yona too excited” Yona said sheepishly.

“Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Gallus is here!” Silverstream said as she flew up to Gallus and kissed him all over his face.

It was fine until she started licking his face. That was when he said “Okay, stop! That’s very creepy!”

“Aw, but I’m just so excited that you’re here!” Silverstream replied.

“It’s fine to be excited, but licking my face is too creepy. Don’t do that!” Gallus retorted.

“Sorry, Gallus!” Silverstream said.

“But isn’t that how cats bathe? You’re half cat sooooooo-“ Smolder chimed in.

“No, that is not how I bathe! Because that is disgusting, and it only makes me feel even more dirty!” Gallus retorted.

“Anyways, Sandbar, do you know when the festivities are starting?” Twilight asked.

“Glad you asked, Princess. The festivities are taking place right now. We’ll have dinner and cake in a few hours. Right now, we got light refreshments, games, face painting, card signing, and a photo booth” Sandbar replied.

Twilight went over to Sandbar’s card to sign it. This is what she wrote:

Sandbar,

You have been an exceptional student at my School of Friendship. You have performed well academically, and I give you extra kudos for helping your friend Gallus. He truly appreciates it as well. You are such a good friend and we are all very proud of you. I wish you the best of luck at doctorate school! You got this, sweetie!

XOXO,

Twilight Sparkle


Meanwhile, Silverstream asked Gallus if he wanted to take photos with her, to which he agreed…on one condition: if she promised to never lick his face ever again.

“Oh, Gallus! You’re so silly!” Silverstream said.

Gallus let out a huff and said “I wasn’t be silly! I was serious! Don’t lick me ever again!”

“Ok, Gallus! I won’t lick you again!” Silverstream replied.

“Good. Now, let’s go take some photos!” Gallus said as the two went into the photo booth.

They took a lot of pictures, most of them were them being silly. When they were done, they went out of the photo booth to look at their pictures. They had quite a laugh.

“Look at that picture! You were so silly, Gallus!” said Silverstream as she pointed at a picture of Gallus looking cross eyed and holding his breath.

“Oh yeah! That one looks pretty silly!” Gallus said as he pointed at a picture of Silverstream licking his face. It didn’t take long for him to realize what Silverstream did…again.

“Silverstream, you said you wouldn’t lick me again!” Gallus complained.

Silverstream gasped and said “Oh no! I’m so sorry, Gallus! Guess I couldn’t help myself! I just like that taste of chicken on you!”

“Are you getting hungry?” Gallus asked.

Silverstream’s stomach growled, prompting her to nod in response.

“Well, okay. Sandbar’s getting the food ready so let’s sit down at the table where our friends are. Hopefully, you’ll become full enough to not lick me” Gallus said as the two went to sit down at the table.

A few moments after they went to sit down, Sandbar’s mom opened the banquet server thing…or whatever it’s called. “Dig in, everycreature!” she announced.

Everyone promptly went up to serve themselves. When Gallus picked out what he was going to eat, he felt guilty.

“Is something wrong, Gallus?” Sandbar asked.

“Well, Twilight and Rainbow put me on this diet in case I want to become a royal guard. I feel bad because I’m about to cheat. I actually saw one of her guards getting in trouble for eating junk food” Gallus replied.

“Oh, come on, Gallus! I’m sure Twilight wouldn’t mind if you dug in for just one night. It’s good that you’re making healthy choices, but it’s okay to have special treats every now and then. Just don’t overdo it” Sandbar replied.

“Well, I guess that’s good advice. Thanks, Sandy” Gallus said as he began eating.


A few minutes later, after everyone has eaten their main courses, Sandbar had announced that it’s time for cake. Everyone went over to grab a slice. Some got two or three, others got 5 or 6, or even 10. But guess how many slices Silverstream got. Do you really want to know? 29! 29 slices! But I wouldn’t really blame her. Seeing as how she spent most of her time underwater, she didn’t get to eat much cake. And, how would she? The cake would get all soggy and the frosting would be watered down. And that would ruin the cake! Plus, Sandbar’s family got a really big cake for free, so it didn’t matter all too much.

“Wow, Silvy! That’s a lotta cake you got there!” Gallus commented.

“Sure is! We didn’t have cake where I’m from so Sandbar gave me all the cake I want!” Silverstream said before she started eating sloppily.

“I know that you’re excited, Sil, but do you have to eat so sloppily?” Ocellus asked.

After Silverstream finished her cake, she licked the remaining frosting off her beak. “I’m so *hic* full! Thanks, *hic* Sandbar!” she said as she rubbed her bloated belly.

Soon, Silverstream felt a slight discomfort as all the food she ate was being digested. Her stomach was gurgling and churning all the food into a huge cloud of gas that travelled up her esophagus and escaped her beak in the form of a humongous, humid, deep, masculine belch.

“Woah! That was a big one, Silverstream!” Sandbar commented.

“That bigger than average yak burp!” Yona added.

“I don’t know what’s more disgusting: you licking my face or that” Gallus chimed in.

“Eww, Silverstream! That’s gross!” Ocellus complained.

“Now that’s what I call a belch!” Smolder complimented.

Silverstream giggled. “Guess that was pretty big. That kinda reminded me of back home when Terramar and I would have burping contests. I would win hands down!” Silverstream said.

“A girl winning a burping match against a boy? Well, that’s something I’ve never heard about” Sandbar remarked.

Gallus, now feeling disgusted, barged into the conversation. “Okay, can we change the conversation please?”

“Um, sure. What do you want to share with us, Gallus?” Sandbar replied.

“Glad you asked. I know what I want to do with my life, but you have to promise to not laugh at me, capiche?” Gallus started.

“Gallus, we would never laugh at you, only with you! So, what’s on your mind, toots?” Ocellus replied.

“Okay, here goes” Gallus paused to take a quick breath. “Guys, I want to become a royal guard”

After Gallus spoke, the table was silent for a few moments before Smolder spoke up. “Well, okay. Good for you”

“Yeah, you’d be the best royal guard ever!” Silverstream added.

“Really? You’d think I’d be good at my job?” Gallus asked.

“Of course! You know a lot about friendship. Plus, you already live with Twilight in Canterlot. This job would be perfect for you” Ocellus replied.

“Yeah! You’d get to go around and rescue the princess and even defeat bad guys!” Smolder added.

“This is a big change for you, Gallus. Just remember that you have friends who love and support you! If you want to be a royal guard, go ahead! We got your back!” Sandbar chimed in.

“Can you say anything to me without being so sappy?” Gallus joked.

“Come on, Gallus! I know that deep down, you like when we’re being sappy with you” Sandbar replied.

“Yeah, kinda” Gallus said as he blushed sheepishly.

Twilight went over to the table. “Ready to go, Gallus?” she asked.

“Yes, mommy!” Gallus replied, causing his friends to burst into laughter.

“Mommy? How old are you, four?” Sandbar joked.

“Looks like Gallus’s soft side is showing!” Ocellus added.

Gallus blushed in embarrassment.

“Hey, everyone! Gallus is just showing that he loves his mommy! Isn’t that right, snookums!” Twilight said as she was showering Gallus with affection, causing his friends to laugh even more.

“Mom, you’re embarrassing me!” Gallus retorted.

“Am I? Oh, I’m sorry, pumpkin! I’m just showing my love!” Twilight cooed.

“Enough! My friends are right there!” Gallus said, pointing at his friends.

“Okay, sweetie pie! I’ll stop. It’s getting late anyhow; we should go back to Canterlot” Twilight said as the two left Sugarcube Corner.

“Poor Gallus. He seemed really embarrassed” Ocellus said.

“Yeah, but it was kinda funny” Smolder replied.

“Did see griffon face turn pink? He look like Silverstream almost!” Yona said.

“Yeah. Twilight kinda reminded me of my mom. She’s always trying to find ways to embarrass me in front of my friends” Sandbar added.

Right when he said that, his mom went over to Sandbar to shower him with affection.

“Enjoying having your friends over, honeypie? Do they know how much your mommy loves you?” Sandbar’s mom said before she kissed her son all over his face, which made him irritated.

“Mom, we talked about this! Don’t kiss me in front of my friends!” Sandbar complained.

“What’s wrong, sweetie pie? I’m just trying to show how much I love you!” Sandbar’s mom replied.

“Mom, stop! I’m not a pie!” Sandbar retorted, now pouting and crossing his arms.

“Ok then, snookums! I’ll be helping your father clean up if you need me. I love you, sweetheart” Sandbar’s mom said as she trotted away.

“Love you too” Sandbar murmured.

His friends began to snicker, and eventually burst into laughter.

“See what I mean?” Sandbar retorted.

“Oh, we totally see what you mean, Sandpie!” Smolder replied.

Sandbar hid his completely red face in embarrassment.

“Stop” he murmured as his friends continued to laugh.