• Published 20th Mar 2020
  • 6,919 Views, 98 Comments

Saving a Hopeless Soul - Mister E-Nonymous



A human boy who has been abused by his terrible aunt and uncle has somehow ended up in Equestria as a Pegasus, and taken in by Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
8
 98
 6,919

Chapter 3: The Party's Here!

Chapter 3: The Party's Here!


(Danny's Point of View)

We had a lot of fun today. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo showed me where their school was, showed me the other places where they hung out, and last but not least, the clubhouse they had for their headquarters. To tell the truth, I've always wanted a treehouse, and my dad was going to have one made. We were able to start it, but my parents died, and it wasn't able to be finished. I miss my parents.

But we were just finishing up in the treehouse, and they were asking me if I wanted to be a Crusader. I said I could be in as long as we do something that's not too dangerous. Now we were heading towards where that pink pony was going to throw a party for me. Apparently, a blindfold was left at the crusaders for me to wear until we arrived at the party. How big was this party going to be? It can't be that big of a party, can it?

The girls were pushing me to somewhere. It's a good thing Sweetie Belle wasn't pushing me with her head. It would hurt if her horn was going up my butt. That would really hurt. And then I was stopped being pushed.

"Are we there yet?" I asked with the blindfold still around me.

"Yes we are," said Apple Bloom. Somepony then took off my blindfold and...

"SURPRISE!!!" shouted a lot of ponies. Most of them were big ponies like Rainbow Dash and Twilight and their friends. I really was surprised by all of this.

Then Pinkie Pie literally bounced up to me and said, "I was wondering when you would get here! Now, let's get this party started!"

All of the ponies here have been so nice. Something that has never happened since I moved from Bend, Oregon to Memphis, Tennessee. I was really enjoying everything there. But then my moment of happiness was then ruined.

"What is that loser doing here?" I heard Diamond Tiara's voice. I turned around to see her and Silver Spoon behind me. "Why would they throw a party for a pathetic loser like you?"

"You don't deserve this, because you are nothing but pathetic," said Silver Spoon.

"H-Hey," I said. "I'm n-not..." I couldn't help but start crying. These two are like my mean aunt and uncle.

"Oh, look," said Diamond Tiara. "He's crying. He's making himself more and more pathetic by the moment." Then she and Silver Spoon started laughing at me.

"Ah-hem!" came a voice from behind them. The three of us looked towards where the voice was coming from. Flying sightly off the ground was Rainbow Dash with her front hooves crossed, giving the two fillies a glare. "You leave Danny alone. He's had enough abuse from his aunt and uncle back at his place. He was brought here to avoid mean behavior like this."

"You believe his lies?!" Diamond Tiara asked in a snobbish tone. "That is just pathetic, even for you."

"Well, I believe him because he's not lying," Rainbow Dash said. She then landed right next to me and picked me up and put me on her back. "Now will you excuse me, I have to keep Danny with me until the princesses arrive."

"No way the princesses are coming here to that pathetic pony's party," said Diamond Tiara.

"He's not really all that special," said Silver Spoon.

"You're wrong," said Rainbow Dash. "Danny here is more special than you think." She then carried me over to her friends, and that dragon known as Spike.

"Well, are you enjoying the party?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"I was starting to..." I said. "But then those two fillies over there tried breaking my spirit."

"We'll make sure that they won't mess with ya anymore," said Applejack. "How about we get ya something sweet to munch on?"

Applejack walked over to a tree, and bucked it. Then a single apple fell off the tree and landed in her hoof. She then handed it to me. Or is it hoofed? Anyway, I took it, and started eating it. This was the sweetest apple I have ever tasted.

"Wow," I said with a small mouth full. "This is actually pretty good. I've had apples back home, but they weren't as good as this."

"I sure hope you'll enjoy Equestria," said Twilight. "Oh, look. Here come the princesses!"

Then up in the sky came two larger ponies. One of them was white and the other was dark blue. Both of them clearly had both wings and a horn, and their manes were moving in a non-existent breeze. The white one had a mane that has two shades of blue, a shade of green, and a shade of pink. She was wearing a gold crown, with a purple gem, a golden necklace with a purple gem, and four horseshoes. Her Cutie Mark was of an orange sun.

The dark blue pony has a mane that's like the night sky. She had a black crown, a black necklace with a white crescent moon, and silver horse shoes. And her Cutie Mark was of a black splotch with a white crescent moon. I was amazed. Those ponies must be the princesses. Then they landed right near the group. Everypony around me was bowing to them. I then tried following their bowing position, but I was stopped.

"You don't have to bow to us, Daniel," said one of them. "We are here to see you personally." I looked up and saw the white one looking down at me. "So, you are the one my sister has brought here."

"Uhh... Uhh... Uhh..." I was speechless on what to say to her.

"Speechless, I see," she said to me. "A lot of ponies your age are like that. How old are you, anyway?"

"S-S-Six," I said.

"A child as young as you shouldn't have to be suffered," said the blue one. "You're lucky I found you and brought you here before your aunt and uncle could do something even more harsher to you."

"Y-you brought me here?" I asked.

"Indeed," she said to me. "I've heard your tearful cries when you were sleeping, and I've been watching you for the last week. I know you mourn for your parents, and your tears of pain are due to the pain your aunt and uncle put on you."

"WAIT!" came Diamond Tiara's voice. "You mean all that talk about him being abused by his aunt and uncle are true?! You've got to be kidding me!"

"There's also more to his story that most of you don't know about," said the blue winged unicorn. I was about to ask them who they were but Twilight stopped me before I could.

"Danny, meet Princesses Celestia and Luna," she said to me.

"Oh," I said. "Well, I guess I can see why she's named Luna."

"Indeed," said Princess Luna. "I am the princess of the night. I am able to come into your dreams and prevent nightmares. Anyways, I am here to show these ponies why I have brought you here."

Then her horn started glowing, and a huge screen appeared over the barn, making everypony look. I was amazed, because the first thing on the screen was... me. Me as a human.

"What is that?" Rainbow asked.

"That's... that's me," I said. "That's what I was before I came here. When I was a human."

"I told you all humans existed!" came a voice. We all looked towards the crowd of ponies and saw a mint green unicorn a grayish, light blue mane with white highlights. She also had some kind of harp for a Cutie Mark. She was excited about something, and pointing at everypony, saying, "I told you! I told you! I told everypony that humans existed, and you all didn't believe me!"

I was kinda scared of that pony. She's freaking me out.

"Anyway," said Princess Luna. "Daniel, I believe that you should tell your story to all these ponies. They deserve to know how you came to be."

"Okay," I said. I took in a deep breath and started telling my story, while Luna was projecting it.


(Rainbow Dash's Point of View)

I couldn't believe it. Danny was living a good life with his parents in a city called Bend, Oregon. He looked like he was having a good time there. But then those good times came to an end when his parents were killed do to some reckless guy. Now I feel bad for all the reckless things I've done in the past. But Danny was taking more pain than usual. He was sent to live with his abusive aunt and uncle about halfway across the country.

His aunt and uncle have kept him from getting a good education, took away his toys and games and some weird devices that he connects to his ears, and makes him clean up the entire house, even making more messes to make Danny's life even more miserable. I couldn't believe it. No wonder he never wanted to go back to them again.

"And that's my story," said Danny.

"We are deeply sorry for your parents, Daniel," said Princess Celestia. "I hope you will be better off here than in those awful hands of your terrible aunt and uncle."

"Thank you," Danny said. "I appreciate it."

"Kid," I walked up to him. "You deserve the best of the best to watch over you."

"I guess so," Danny said.

"But there is one question that needs to be answered," said Princess Celestia. "Since Ponyville is lacking an orphanage, for some reason, somepony cut the funding to keep the orphanage open, I should let somepony here in Ponyville watch over young Daniel."

"Oh, oh, oh!" said that lime green mare, known as Lyra Heartstrings. "I'll do it! I'll do it!"

I can tell that Danny is freaking out about the fact that Lyra Heartstrings is wanting to take care of him. But I got a feeling that she wants him more like a pet than an intelligent creature.

"I was thinking more of being watched by my student or one of her five friends," said Princess Celestia.

"It's probably for the best," said Princess Luna.

"Aww," said Lyra Heartstrings. "But I really wanted to learn more about humans!" Then the tan earth pony with a pink and blue mane walked up to her and grabbed her. That mare was Bon Bon.

"C'mon, Lyra," said Bon Bon. "Let's let the kid stay with somepony who he'll be better off with."

Then my friends and I grouped up to make a decision. I then asked, "Alright. Who is the kid going to stay with?"

"Well," said Twilight, "perhaps Danny should decide which one of us to stay with. If we have any room for him. I can't because I have a lot of things to do in the library."

"Well, he can't stay over at my home," said Rarity. "I have so much things to get caught up on, and watching Sweetie Belle takes a toll on this fashionista. I can't watch over two little foals under the same roof for months."

"Well, I wouldn't mind watching over him," said Fluttershy. "Although, I'm not sure that my animals will appreciate his company. Especially Angel."

"Ah guess he could stay over at the farm," Applejack said. "But, Ah ain't sure that he'll appreciate being woken up earlier than his usual time of awakening."

"Oh! Oh! I can have him stay with me!" said Pinkie Pie. Then she just remembered. "Oh, wait. Mrs. Cake is expecting twins. So, I guess she might not want another mouth to feed around the shop."

"I guess I can make a room for him," I said. "And maybe I can teach him how to fly since he has to get used to being a pegasus."

"But what about getting into the Wonderbolts?" Twilight asked. "You seemed confident to get in."

"Well, even if I do," I said, "I would have to have somepony to watch him while I'm doing that."

"Okay," said Twilight. "So Danny's options of which pony to stay with are Applejack, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. I think he should choose one of the three." We all nodded and looked towards the princesses and Danny. Twilight walked up to them and said to them, "Well, we believe that Danny should choose on which pony he'll stay with. But he has three options. Applejack, Fluttershy, or Rainbow Dash."

We looked towards Danny. Princess Celestia whispered to him, "This is your choice, Daniel. You can choose either Applejack, Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash."

Danny looked at us, wondering who to choose. He was thinking who to choose.

"I guess..." he started. "I guess I'll choose..."

He was thinking hard about it. I wonder what was going through his head.


(Danny's Point of View)

I was thinking hard. I had to choose between Applejack, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. Let's see what I've learned about these three. Applejack's family is a family of farmers. Which means they might get up early. Way too early for me to actually do some fun things, so she's out.

Then I thought about Fluttershy. She lives in a cottage near the dangerous Everfree Forest. But when I wanted to pet her pet bunny, Angel, he actually bit me. I think he has all the animals wanting to go against me, so he might get rid of me like in that movie of Dr. Suess's The Lorax. So, she's out.

Then I thought about Rainbow Dash. Honestly, she has been nice to me. Not only is she loyal, but she also cares for her friends and never backs down from anything. She also helps any pony in need, and I guess she could teach me how to fly. It's decided.

"I'll go with... Rainbow Dash," I answered. I could see that Rainbow Dash smiled at my choice. She then walked over to me and picked me up.

"Don't worry, kid," Rainbow Dash said to me. "I won't let anything bad happen to you."

I then hugged her. That made everypony around us aw at us. Rainbow Dash saw that and quickly put me down.

"Alright, Danny," said Rainbow Dash. "How about I take you back to my place after this party is all over? Let's get you some good eats."

We had spent the rest of the party having fun times, playing games, eating food and dancing. It was a little weird dancing like a pony, but I started getting into it.

When the party ended, Rainbow Dash took me to her place, which was a mansion made of clouds. Rainbow Dash said that she would get started on a new room for me to stay in tomorrow, but I'll have to share her bed with her tonight. She had me wrapped up in her hooves and wings, and she whispered to me, "Good night, Danny."

"Good night... Rainbow... Dash..." I said, nodding off. I fell asleep. It was way better than staying at my aunt and uncle's place.