• Published 19th Mar 2020
  • 1,062 Views, 0 Comments

Werewolves of Knicknik - Atuhor Name



A year has passed, Twilight has been having nightmares that border on the edge of reality, Naudia has been having problems expelling hatred, and an unfriendly figure is coming to call in to confirm.

  • ...
 0
 1,062

CH. 0 Prologue

The Past

Naudia stared at the sticky porcelain bowl before her. It was sticky with her sick, the water stained an angry red with hatred. She didn’t want to think about where it was coming from. In the roundabout aftermath of glacial thinking, trying to find something else to look at Naudia couldn’t think about more than one thing at a time right now. Involuntarily she was drawn down that path.

She knew some part of that was from ponies, while her place in rescuing Canterlot was well known, or at least the story of how she put down Chrysalis was, she still “looked evil” according to the ponies. But that wasn’t where more than a tiny fraction of it came from, the majority of it came from the font of hatred that welled up from the depths of that visitor.

Usually most ponies required something to hate, and if you put them in a room that was pitch black they couldn’t muster up very much if any and tended to sleep a lot more. That thing, with it’s stupid hat, and some sort of long coat that made Naudia worried somebody would burst in and think they had invited something like that into the castle, could hate. It could sit in a dark room, silently for weeks, going on months, and by Naudia’s reckoning going on a full year and hate.

It was never there when she looked for it, but she could feel it there in the room, hating. Naudia couldn’t even imagine where that came from, nor how deep down the reservoir went.

Not even Starlight Glimmer hated that much, even though Twilight had defeated her no less than twice now. Princess Twilight too.

Naudia’s meandering thoughts moved on to the other worry that had been worrying Twilight and Starlight for some time now. They wouldn’t tell HER what it was, but it worried them greatly, sitting over their heads like a great sword.

Naudia had gleaned some things, they had traveled to alternate timelines, something bad had happened. Something so bad that even though Starlight was still mid reform and still showed her previous tendencies Twilight and Starlight worried and worked with equal fervor, in a secret lab so as not to worry anybody.

Naudia needed to help tutor Twilight a bit more on social interactions, perhaps she could do it during Twilight’s magic lessons for her so they weren’t entirely wasting their time.

She was brought out of all this when she heard in the other room Twilight having another nightmare. So she flushed the toilet and decided to try and maybe wake her up so they both could get more restful sleep. After all Luna didn't even know they were asleep somehow, they had just gotten back from talking to her and finding out Luna was starting to get very concerned that she never saw Twilight in the dreamscape.