• Published 16th Mar 2020
  • 2,156 Views, 84 Comments

Altered Perspectives: Adapting to Change - CapNTilfy



The students and staff of Crystal Prep Academy continue to struggle to come to terms with what happened at the Friendship Games.

  • ...
2
 84
 2,156

Phone A Friend

It had taken Lemon a few minutes to find the will to even move. She put her arms behind her head and sighed, wondering what her parentals had thought of her. The dinner she had with them following her explanation of what had happened back at Canterlot High was... surprisingly normal, aside from them repeatedly asking if she was okay and what her mental state was.

What Lemon found strange most of all was that neither of her parents asked her about the magic. If she was in their shoes, she'd have asked about it nonstop! She slowly shook her head, imagining that her parentals were just worried about her. Nothing more, nothing less. The thought changed her mood, and she smiled.

Lemon's phone rang, and she raised an eyebrow. She raised her back, then tucked in her legs as she pressed her fingertips against the floor. She kicked her legs outward and arched her back, then landed on her feet in a successful kip up. She reached her phone and inspected it.

Now Calling: Sour Sweet

"Huh..." Lemon answered her phone, and was met with silence on the other end. "Sour? You there?"

"Yeah," Sour said quietly. "I... don't normally talk on the phone, so I apologize for any weirdness."

"No worries." Lemon flopped onto her bed. "What's up?"

"Well... I'm actually feeling a little lonely. Would it be okay if I stopped by or something?"

Lemon smiled. "I like the idea, but I'd have to check with the parentals."

Sour snorted.

Lemon rolled her eyes. "Yes, that's what I call my mom and dad," she said with mild frustration.

"Sorry," Sour said sheepishly.

Lemon made a noncommittal noise and shrugged. "Anyway, I'll check in with them and call you back, 'kay?"

"Sure thing."

Lemon hung up, then got dressed and left her room.


Cadance moaned as she flushed the toilet. Her stomach was completely empty, but the rest of her still felt like shit. She heaved a sigh as she struggled to get up, then stumbled. "Motherfu-" A sudden dry heave cut her off, and she instinctively tilted her head in the direction of the toilet.

Cadance whimpered after she finished and curled herself into a ball. She didn't want to stray too far from the bathroom if she could help it. Her head pounded, causing her to mutter under her breath. "F-Fuck my life..." Taking caution, she slowly got up to her knees, then gradually stood upright.

Cadance took a deep breath, then sighed again. She was dizzy, but not so much that she'd collapse if she stepped forward. She walked over to the bathroom sink, and upon seeing her reflection, immediately regretted her decision.

Cadance's eyes were bloodshot and her face had paled. Her hair was an absolute mess, and she was almost positive that some of her vomit made its way into it. She made a sputtering noise, then heard her phone ring from her room. She tilted her head, then slowly made her way into her room.

Cadance reached her phone just in time before her ringtone finished.

Now Calling: Radiant Hope

Cadance nearly gasped. She had been so overwhelmed that she forgot to talk to Hope! As quick as she could, she picked up the phone and accepted the call.

"Cadance! Luna told me everything that happened. Are you okay?"

"I feel fucking terrible," Cadance muttered.

"You sound terrible."

"That's because I went straight home and got shitfaced."

There was a pause on the other end. "...So you're telling me you're hung over?"

"It was all just too much for me, Hope! All the stress, the calls, the near-death experience..." Cadance shuddered.

"That was the worst of it, Cadance. I'm sure of it."

"How do you know the magic won't return and wreak havoc again? We exposed nearly the entire student body to it!"

"Because from what I understand, all of the magical incidents have taken place at Canterlot High. Not the city, not the suburbs, just Canterlot High."

Cadance yelped as her head throbbed again. "Dammit," she muttered under her breath.

Hope fell silent for a moment. "...Do you want to me come over and keep you company?"

Cadance considered the possibility. It would be nice to have someone to talk to, even though she was a total mess. It only took her a moment to mull it over. "Okay. Just take your time in getting here, I don't want you to rush."

"You don't... you don't have to worry..."

"Hope?"

Hope took a deep breath, then exhaled. "Sorry about that. Pregnancy nausea."

"Are you going to be okay?"

Hope snorted. "Of course I am. I've been through this twice before, remember?"

Cadance nodded. "I do."

"I'll see you soon then."

"See you soon." Cadance hung up, then went back into the bathroom. A nice, long shower was waiting for her, and she didn't want to deny it any longer!


Lemon returned to her room and dialed up Sour. After two rings, the call was picked up.

"Hey. So what'd they say?"

"As long as we don't try to kill each other, it should be fine."

Sour snorted. "They won't have to worry about that."

"Yeah, that's what I told 'em. Anyway," Lemon said as she went to Sour in her contacts. "Here's my address." She texted her address to Sour. "That's not too far from where you live, is it?"

"No, it's not. Besides, I could use the exercise."

Had Sour been in the room with Lemon, she would have received a funny look. "...Seriously? Have you forgotten everything that happened yesterday?"

Sour laughed. "Of course not, Lemon... not for lack of trying!"

"I hear that. Totally screwed up my groove and mood!"

"You'll get it back, I have no doubt."

Lemon smiled. "Thanks for the vote of confidence."

"I should get going. We can talk later."

"Yup!"

Sour hung up, and Lemon sighed. It felt nice to have Sour as a friend rather than an enemy. As she waited, she wondered what they would do.

Whatever they'd end up doing together, she was sure they'd enjoy it.