• Published 16th Mar 2020
  • 1,196 Views, 9 Comments

What if Goku Landed in Equestria as a Baby? - Desert Tortoise 22



The famous Saiyan in orange gi lands in Equestria instead of Earth. A "What if" story.

  • ...
6
 9
 1,196

A Day Like Any Other

The sun shines down from the bright sky which usually signals the dawn of a new day as Princess Celestia lowers the moon and raises the sun. However, something feels off as Lunar stirs from his sleep. It felt..... later. Much later than he usually wakes up. He also feels sluggish. Not tired but his usual peppy energy is noticeably absent this morning. Instead of energetically getting ready, Lunar drags his feet and tail along the floor, rubbing his eyes and begins to get dressed as he yawns to get the remainder of this feeling out of his system.

Nothing was different though. His room looked exactly as it always did. Not a thing was out of place, but he couldn’t put his finger on why he felt this way. Something just felt different. His eyes start to close but then a brief light waves across them. Lunar blinks and rubs his eyes. He feels better. Not a hundred percent but he feels ready to take on the day and maybe finally catch Goldshield by surprise today.

With a grin, Lunar finishes getting his purple shirt on and tightens the black belt around his blue pants. He kicks his feet and dashes off through the door. Literally through the door. Not letting the door open. Lunar gently kicked the bottom of his foot and ended up halfway through the hallway without a scratch to himself but the door left in splinters.

“Woah...” Lunar looks around himself and back down the hall.

“That felt great! I can’t wait to show Leafy and Goldshield!” Lunar grins and winds up to head off.

Before he does so, a big, bearded earth pony guard approaches him.

“Hey Lunar, what’s shakin'? I was sent by the Princess to ask if you could help welcome her new student over at the library tower. We spruced it up all nice and stuff but I’m sure she would love some help gettin' everything in order.”

“Oh? Well yeah sure. I’d love to help. Tell Goldshield I’ll be right back and finally get that sneak attack on him!” Lunar grins and dashes off just as fast as before, leaving the guard jaw dropped at the gust of wind he leaves behind him.

In mere seconds, after dashing through the halls of Canterlot castle annnnnd maybe grabbing a doughnut or several bakers dozens, some apples, pears and a few oat bars as well as sandwiches from the kitchen. After getting his food ready, Lunar darts off again and ends up in front of the library tower.

Lunar uses his tail to open the door while he stuffs his face with food. He walks up the winding staircase and hears the sound of talking mixed with boxes being moved around.

“Now should the star charts go over with the c’s for constellations or a’s for astronomy?” A small purple filly levitates a stack of books around with her magic.

A burp could be heard mixed with the sound of fire flaring up, coupled by an adorable giggle.

“You’re right spike, astronomy would give me more room for the historical accuracies and inaccuracies chronicling the life and times of Clover the Clever. Thanks for the pep talk.” The filly smiles and puts the books on the shelf.

Twilight, the purple unicorn he’d met yesterday, was the pony he was supposed to be helping? This is fantastic he thought to himself.

Before he and especially Twilight knew it, he’d moved fast enough to catch her completely by surprise behind her.

“Yo!” Lunar moves his hand slightly from his pile of pastries and assorted food.

“GAH!!!!” Twilight yelps and leaps in the air, swinging and holding onto a telescope for dear life as her heart races a mile a minute.

“Oh thank you astronomy! You saved me again!” Twilight kisses the telescope after she’s done shaking of course.

“These are a lot more yummy than that thing I bet. You want some?” Lunar waves his hand, offering an oat bar.

“What are you doing here! Why are you even...” Twilight sighs and climbs down off the telescope and down a nearby ladder she barely is able to reach with her magic.

“Why don’t you just zap zap down here?” Lunar asks, stuffing his face again.

Twilight groans and sighs again.

“I can’t just 'zap zap' like all the grownups can do. I’m just a filly, I don’t know spells like that yet.” Twilight replies with over exaggerated air quotations and a irritated scrunched up facial expression as she moves back, knowing the last time they met, she flew into a wall.

“One of the guards told me to come here to help you. Anything I can do?” Lunar asks not even acknowledging or even realizing Twilight’s extremely reserved mannerisms.

Spike, the tiny purple baby dragon that was casually rocking back and forth on a red cushion looks fixated on Lunar’s tail waving back and forth like it was a toy. And just like a toy, he playfully tries to swat at it.

“I don’t need any help, thank you very much. I’m quite capable of handling myself. Especially in a library.” Twilight declares as she holds her tail and rubs it as she curls in the corner trying to keep her distance.

“Really? Cause the guard told me the princ-EEEHHHH!!!!!” Lunar grits his teeth and drops all the food to the ground, writhing in pain as the sound of laughter and giggling can be heard behind him.

Spike was behind Lunar, grabbing his tail and waving it around like a toy.

“Spike! Let him go please! Oh my gosh I’m so sorry! Wait? What were you about to say? Were you going to say princess? Did the princess send you here!? And I’ve.... I was so.....” Twilight begins frantically pacing, shaking her front hooves up and down sweating.

Lunar rubs his head and sits up.

“Wow..... never had anypony do that to me since Leafy tried to get me to take baths when I was littler.” Lunar recoils his tail to his front to brush it.

Twilight pauses from her pacing and frantically anxious breathing.

“When I was younger. Though I suppose technically you aren’t grammatically incorrect but it doesn’t sound right. Anyway...” As quickly as she stopped, Twilight goes back to pacing and breathing heavily.

“Wow, she sure likes exercising huh?” Lunar looks at baby Spike, passing the baby dragon a doughnut which he puts in his mouth to suck on like a toy.

“So I’m gonna pick all this up and head out if ya don’t need me. Have fun with your exercise.” Lunar stands up and starts gathering the dropped food.

Walking down the stairs, Lunar grins and leaves a couple oat and lettuce sandwiches.

He then bends his knees and dashes off in the direction of the castle.

The guards at the front gate feel a strong gust as Lunar passes them by.

“Woah....” One of the guards covers his eyes to keep the dirt and dust from kicking up into them.

“I didn’t know we were due for a windy day today?” The other said also trying to cover his eyes.

Lunar hops happily along the halls of the castle with his food pile now less than half its original size. He looks around curiously for any signs of Leafy or the Captain.

A routine guard patrol pair rounds the corner as Lunar continues searching.

“Oh hey Lunar, what’s up?” One of the guards asks with a smile.

“Have you guys seen Leafy or Goldy- I mean the Captain- around anywhere?” Lunar looks behind them and around.

The guards’ expressions change to nervousness and they cough a bit but then the other speaks as he takes off his golden helmet to kneel in front of Lunar.

“Lunar...” He pauses.

“They’re in pretty bad shape. They’ve been resting all day in the medical war...d?” The first guard started to say but as he was speaking, Lunar’s eyes shook and the food he had was left on the floor as he vanished.

“Where-?” The guards are dumbstruck as they look under the food.

Suddenly, a gust of wind backlash kicks back stronger than any other Lunar had given off all day, forcing the food to fly through the hall and rolls the guards into the wall behind them.

Before getting to his destination, Lunar stops on a dime to allow himself to catch up with his surroundings. Also because he had become somewhat more aware of the strangely strong gusts that have been coming and going with his movements today and didn’t want to allow them to reach his family.

Lunar rushes as fast as he can to the door of the medical ward, a white pony with a pink mane and nurse’s cap exits and Lunar grabs ahold of her with his head down.

“Oh my! Excuse me... Are you-” The nurse asks as she looks down at the young child.

“Leafy... Goldy.. Are they... ok?” Lunar can feel his grip shaking with intense anxiety.

“Oh dear... I’m sorry. Are you Lunar?” The Nurse asks.

“Yes, I am! Please! Tell me where they are! I wanna see them now!” Lunar demands, screaming as his body begins shaking.

“Of course dear, right this way. They’re perfectly fine but they are resting. We need to make sure to be extra quiet so we don’t disturb them.

Lunar releases his grip.

“I....Sorry about that.” Lunar bows his head.

The nurse pony smiles.

“Not at all dear, now follow me.”

Lunar follows the nurse down the brightly lit and cheerful hallway. Some fillies were drawing on a coloring wall in a waiting area and a couple older ponies were playing chess in the corner. Lunar wasn’t focused on any of this, although he couldn’t explain it. He was aware of every stroke of a marker, every small sound the caps made, and even the quiet motions of the chess pieces. None of this bothered or unsettled him though. It was more a subconscious curiosity of picking apart his surroundings as he moved despite his emotional distress.

After rounding a few corners, the pair come to a special door with the Canterlot royal guard crest on it. The Nurse pony holds her hoof up to her face, gesturing for them to be quiet as they enter. Lunar obliges and begins tiptoeing, using his tail to counterbalance his weight as he moved. The brown fur on it standing on edge, his black spikey hair beginning to sweat but his heart remained completely and utterly calm. As if his body and mind were reacting differently than what he believed the situation was calling for. It was almost as if his body was treating the silent movements as a challenge but he had to push those thoughts aside as he focused.

After what in Lunar’s mind seemed like an eternity when in actuality was a few seconds, they arrived at the feet of two hospital beds in a dimly lit but beautifully decorated room. Flowers were on the bedside tables, their helmets beside them and a stack of cards from the local school had a bunch of crayon drawings saying “get well soon” and “thank you for being super brave” written on them.

In the beds laid Leafy and Goldshield. They had a few bandages wrapped around them but physically they looked much better than one could have ever expected given the ordeal they’d been through.

“Goldy? Leafy? Are you two okay? Lunar whispers calmly.

Goldshield stirs a bit and opens his eyes.

“L...Lunar? Heya kiddo. How are you? You’re- uurrggg... not getting into any trouble while Leafy and I are taking a nap are you?” Goldshield grunts as he tries moving himself up.

“Now now Captain we talked about this. Your back isn’t ready to go moving around all willy-nilly. Just relax.”

“Hey, I don’t tell you how to say hi to your grandkid now do I? Now what’s going on Lunar? You look- uhhgg... a bit off.” Goldshield props himself up higher on his pillow giving off the best smile he can muster.

“Are you okay? Is Leafy gonna be ok? What happened to you both!? Did you win? Did whoever did this get away? I can go teach em a good lesson!” Lunar starts bouncing excitedly and snorts with a prideful stern face.

“Lunar! OWwwww... oooo, Now Lunar, you know you can’t just go picking fights just because you feel like it. What would happen if my knights just went off without my command?” Goldshield winces in pain and lets out a deep breath.

“We don’t go pickin' fights... we protect.” Lunar pouts.

“That’s right kiddo. Now I think I’ve bugged this nice nurse too much for one day so I’ll talk to you later okay?”

“Ok.... Oh, Leafy!” Lunar exclaims.

“He needs a good rest Lunar. He’ll be up in no time right Miss?” Goldshield looks to the nurse pony.

“Of course, but in order for them to get better as quick as possible, we need to make sure we keep to their schedule in taking care of them. I’m sorry Lunar but would you mind it if we left so the doctors can do their checkups?” The nurse asks gently.

“Yeah, I can do that. Make sure Leafy and Goldy are ok please. Thank you!” Lunar bows his head.

“That’s Gold... hehe, ya know what never mind. Good manners Lunar. I’m proud of you. I’m sure Leafy is too. Now go get going. We’ll be out before you know it.”

Lunar nods and waves to Leafy before walking out with the nurse. He says his thanks and goodbyes, then darts off to a faraway cliff side on the far reaches of Canterlot.

Lunar sits and stares off into the setting sun.

Has it been a whole day already? he thought.

“I bet whoever did that got their butt kicked. Goldy would never lose.” Lunar looks on with a determined look on his face.

The sun sets with Lunar not budging an inch but as it does, a brilliant flash of white light appears before the young child.

Lunar starts swinging his fists wildly, his eyes closed as he tries to sniff out where the one who blinded him was.

“Oh my, haha! Aren’t you full of energy tonight Lunar Radiance?” A gentle kind voice asks from above him.

“Huh? Princess Celestia? Is that you? Why’d you go and blind me huh? Oops. Sorry, I think that wasn’t how I’m supposed to say stuff to you right?”

“It’s quite alright Lunar, thank you.” Celestia replies.

Lunar opens his eyes to look upon the princess as her brilliant blue, purple and pink mane flows in the wind and her majestic wings fan out before folding in as her hooves touch the grass below her.

“Hi Princess, how ya doin?” Lunar asks nonchalantly but still somewhat distracted by his thoughts. He clearly means no disrespect which Celestia can tell regardless of his choice of words.

“Lunar?” Celestia asks with her usual warm tone.

“Yes Princess?” Lunar responds plainly.

“I heard you saw Captain Goldshield and Leafy Breeze earlier. I saw them this morning but unfortunately had to cut my visit short. How are they?”

Lunar’s tail twitches and he starts to look down but steadies his resolve in his mind to not succumb to the anxiety plaguing his thoughts and body.

“They looked real beat up. I didn’t like seeing them that way. Leafy was asleep and Goldy- I mean Goldshield was awake and didn’t sound so good. Princess, do you know what happened?” Lunar asks seriously as he looks up to the princess' warm pink eyes.

“I do.” She nods but her smile and tone conveying a more worrisome feeling to them.

“Please! Tell me who or what did that to them! I know I’m not a guard but I can protect them from anything. I know I can.” Lunar proudly declares standing tall.

“Lunar, if I tell you what happened, you may not like what you hear. In fact, you will not be able to unhear it. Do you understand and accept this responsibility of the knowledge I give you?”

Lunar straightens his brown furry tail and puts his arms to his side.

“Yes Princess, I understand!” Lunar proclaims.

Princess Celestia sighs.

“Very well, I have been pondering in my head this whole day how best to describe the situation to you and how events would be shaping your understanding of them. I suppose though there is no use in hiding the truth from you as that in and of itself would be the greatest disservice to you. Know that the only ones who know what I am about to tell you are your family, the guards on duty last night and the two of us. What happens next is your choice as I have done all I can to allow you to have one.”

Lunar gulps.

“Lunar Radiance, the one who is responsible for what happened to Leafy and Captain Goldshield was a ferocious monster larger than the castle itself when fully grown. It outclassed the entire guard and may have been even more powerful than anything I could ever imagine.”

“Why didn’t I hear anything or see anything? I betcha I would'a gotten a look at something like that if it was that big.” Lunar states calmly.

“You see Lunar, it’s because the monster was you, though you yourself I believe were not in control of your actions.”

Lunar’s eyes widen.

“Lunar, it is important that you know that whatever you became, I and everyone who witnessed what had happened does not believe that you would ever willingly do what that monster had done. In fact, it is because of the guards who were there last night that had asked to speak with me regarding the situation that there is no doubt in my mind. Short of your rambunctious nature when you were a baby, you have been nothing but kind and playful as you’ve grown up in Canterlot under the care of the Captain and Leafy. With that in mind, I would like you to tell me your thoughts on what I’ve told you.” Celestia asks.

Lunar pauses, absorbing the information as clearly as he could. Thoughts and feelings race through his head not taking a moment to slow down. His curious nature racing a mile a minute trying to figure out how and why this happened and what he would do next. His heart didn’t race with anxiety anymore but something else. It would scare anypony else but it almost felt like the curiosity gave way to an innocent excitement, though not in the same way one would be happy about something they received as a gift or anticipating a long awaited event, no. Lunar was excited to think about all the questions he could ask to stop this from ever happening again. He now knew what he had to do to stop the thing that did what he saw to his family and he was going to do whatever it took to do so.

“Princess Celestia?” Lunar asks clenching his fists.

“Yes Lunar?” Celestia responds.

“How’d I turn into that monster?”

Celestia looks up to the night sky to the waning moon.

“You looked up at the moon and-” Celestia looks back to Lunar only to see he’s quickly bowed his face into the ground, leaving a small hole.

“Oh my, Lunar you have nothing to fear. We’ve been standing here this whole time and with the moon behind me and me paying attention closely to you, you’ve exhibited no signs of transforming into the beast you were last night. Please, rise.” Celestia asks as always with a kind tone and gentle smile, placing her hoof next to Lunar’s head.

As quickly as he’d bowed his head, Lunar snaps back up, causing the dirt to fling several feet back and leaving Lunar rather dirty. He looked rather silly with the serious look on his face and blades of grass hanging off his cheeks, but he was doing anything but joking around.

“I believe that you not changing has something to do with the moon last night. The only difference is that last night, the moon was full, whereas tonight, it is not.”

“What would happen if I did change?”

“I would have blinded you with the magic of sunlight as I did before and made sure to get you out of sight from the moon should that happen. I do not wish any harm come of you as with any of my subjects, Lunar. If it is within my power to help you, I will do so without hesitation.”

Lunar wipes his face and grins.

“Okie dokie then! Thank you so much Princess! I’m gonna make sure I never look at the full moon ever again.”

Celestia laughs.

“Oh Lunar, you are such a wonderful soul. I am happy you are in good spirits. Please though, if ever you feel uneasy, your family is there for you. It is a message the Captain was most insistent on me telling you before I had to leave this morning.”

“Thanks... Thank you Princess. I’ll be sure to give them a biiiiiiig hug when they get out.” Lunar smiles widely.

“Now Lunar, there is something else I wish to discuss with you.” Celestia steadies herself, returning to her serious tone.

“What is it?” Lunar asks curiously.

“Please, would you accompany me back to the castle?”

“Of course, I’ll be sure to keep ya protected from any monsters hiding in the dark!” Lunar laughs with a wide grin.

Celestia is unphased this time by the child’s playful nature.

“Lunar... I wish to ask you, to speak with you about Nightmare Moon.” Celestia closes her eyes and moves forward with a solemn step.

Author's Note:

I'd like to announce that today is my Birthday! :pinkiehappy:

Last week I asked Megas nicely if he could have this chapter finished by today and he pulled through! I'd like to think of it as a shared Birthday Present, from Megas88 to me, and from me to you!

Comments ( 3 )

Maybe you should make Goku learn his real name, I'm kinda bored of his name. Also, who disliked the comment?

10403900
The only way for that to happen is if somehow one of the other Saiyans arrive, but Megas said he isn't getting into DBZ any time soon. Baby Kakarrot went through a portal to a different universe by chance so the chances of the other Saiyans going through the same portal are very very slim.

10403900
Lunar, aka Goku, would still prefer to be called Lunar, much like in canon, rather than Kakarot.

Login or register to comment