• Published 21st Aug 2012
  • 8,123 Views, 453 Comments

When You Were Young - Art Inspired



Discord is visited by Celestia as he journeys through his dark mind.

  • ...
29
 453
 8,123

Chapter Six: Belong

Belong


As the princesses finished their recap of the fateful event, Discord stood on grassy dirt, looking all around him. The sun and moon illuminated their sides of the sky with radiant intensity. The stars that surrounded the moon never crossed over to Celestia’s star, making things seem like a hallucinogenic dream, if anything. Winds of serenity tried their best to sooth and calm the fiend of any possible anger he might've been feeling, and although these memories were horrible, Discord didn’t mind reminiscing in them for a while.

“Discord,” Celestia said in a concerned voice. “I know we trapped you in stone, but this was mainly our fault, and our mother’s fault… if we knew-”

Discord interjected, “You never would have abandoned me in the first place… I know. It’s ironic, how all this time, I had been such an idiotic menace to civilization, and you two never meant to hurt me the way you did.”

Luna said, “But that’s all in the past, and we’re both sorry for abandoning you! Isn’t that right, Celestia?”

The white alicorn looked at her sister, and then at her long ago friend, and asked for his attention. Discord looked up with teary eyes to meet hers. “Discord… I’m sorry for what we did to you. It’s time for you to return to Equestria… not as the fiend you are, but as the young draconequus we once knew and loved.”

Discord gulped, and said the one thing the two sisters thought they would never hear him demand. “I cannot return!” Both Luna and Celestia looked at one another in confusion. “If I were to return, it would mean the end of Equestria or at least the possibility of this… I can’t be trusted, and never should. This is not a request… it is an order.” Now looking at both princesses, Discord commanded his last statement. “Do not let me out if my prison!”

The princess's eyelids lowered slightly in a displeased fashion. Luna turned to her sister, and asked, “What're are we listening to?”

Discord shook his head. “If I’m let free, and my mentality is restored to chaos, I could destroy your land!”

Celestia and Luna spoke as though they didn’t hear him. “I say we just do what we want, don’t you Luna?”

“Oh, that’s what I’ve always preferred to do.” With that, the two princesses disappeared before the draconequus. As he stood there, jaw open and a bit agitated, he felt soft rumbles all around him.

Soon, cracks and jagged cuts surrounded the void informing him that the princesses were freeing him from his cage. As he felt himself spin and land on solid concrete, he looked up to see the fresh daylight. Real smells of nature greeted his nuzzle only to remind him of the world he had missed greatly. The more he looked down from his pedestal, the more he took in, until finally, he saw the two sisters smiling mirthfully in front of him. “Well,” he said with a grin. “I should have known, once you two decide on something, it’s literally impossible to change your minds!”

Hopping down, he saw the two giggling, and asked them what was so funny. “You have some gravel on your cheeks that look like freckles!” Celestia exclaimed.

Discord laughed along and whipped them off. As the three headed to the Canterlot palace to situate him with a room, Celestia said “Remember, I can hear everything you do, say and think.”

“I know, I know, Stalker.” Discord joked.

Celestia chuckled gingerly. “I am not! I just want to keep an eye on you.”

As the three entered the palace gates, a guard reacted to the presence of the draconequus. “Princess Celestia, Luna, behind you!”

A magic beam narrowly missed the beings head. An inch closer, and it would have been a straight shot. “Guard, stand down!” Celestia ordered. The guard followed demands loyally, but still looked mystified as to what was occurring. “That’s another thing we need to take care of," Celestia said. "Making sure all the guards in the palace are well informed that our friend here is our friend.”

As the princesses continued, Discord following, they eventually turned and stood next to a giant, golden door. “I need to lower the sun. Luna, show our friend to his room as I do this, please.”

Luna agreed, and asked Discord to follow. As he began walking off, he said, “Good night, Celestia.”

Just before he started trotting of, he was halted by her highness. “Discord, wait.” He turned around to see her approaching. As she came closer, he wondered what it was she wanted. Her head advanced slowly, and he felt her lips tenderly peck his forehead. “Good night, my old friend.”

The moment was sweet, and brought him back to when he was just a child. Remembering the dandy memory of his first kiss, he smiled, and left the princess to her work. Luna and Discord reached the far side of the building which had a single door to end the corridor. Luna opened it and showed her friend in. Discord looked around, his grin growing.

A nice, plush bed sat on the far wall with a night stand next to it. A beautifully crafted table with some books stood to the left, and to the right was a dresser, hoof crafted with a grand mirror perched nicely on top. Some pictures of Celestia and Luna could be seen on the dresser, each of them recently taken. “I hope this is good for you,” Luna said.

Discord checked the bathroom, and said, “Oh, it’s marvelous! Perfect even! I couldn’t ask for a better room.” He returned and continued, “Thank you, it means a lot.”

Luna left while explaining that she had to lift the moon. Once she said goodnight to the draconequus, he decided to first lay on his new bed. Things were starting to look up for him. There were still the many apologies he had to deal with for many individuals spread throughout Equestria, but for now, he just wanted his sleep. Being incarcerated in stone can leave ones back in a horrendous state.