• Published 21st Aug 2012
  • 8,121 Views, 453 Comments

When You Were Young - Art Inspired



Discord is visited by Celestia as he journeys through his dark mind.

  • ...
29
 453
 8,121

Chapter Four: Revenge

Revenge


Discord sat on a hill leaning against an apple tree while watching the glittering sun rise like he always did. I wonder what games me and my friends will play today, he thought as he felt the soft grass with his talons. Today seemed like a fair day to do all sorts of exciting and imaginable activities, but it was unfortunately the last day he and his friends would speak on neighborly terms for a long time. He heard the two mares approach from behind the tree, and got up to greet them. As he looked at their depressed faces, he asked “What’s wrong?”

Luna looked away, trying hard to hide her salty eyes while her sister explained, “We… can’t be your friends anymore…”

Stunned by this turn of events, the childish draconequus looked around with puzzlement. “But… why not? We were getting along so well! Did I do something wrong?”

Celestia gulped her fearful feelings down, and tried to explain with authority, “Mother says you’re dangerous, and that we should just stay away from you!”

With that, the two filly alicorn’s took off, flying back home. Discord sat with his jaw open, unable to comprehend what he had just heard. He had done nothing wrong to be accused of endangering their mother’s children, so why was this happening to him? His questions repeated themselves in his mind like a broken record player. From that point on, the creature began to turn from good to corrupt. New powers emerged over the years. His eyes passed unappealing gazes at the land, and his grudge for the two princesses grew with every waking day. His love for the sunrise was eradicated overtime, and the crush on the white alicorn burned away with time.

The draconequus was now a fiend of the land, and though his animalized behavior was far off in the uncharted parts of Equestria, the mother alicorn could still sense his crimes. She now had grayish lines running through her mane, and stressed eyes. Her work grew exhausting through the day, and the nighttime sleep was difficult to cope with. As for her daughters, they were still in their teens. Luna had a short mane while her sister had hers wrapped in curls.

As their mother paced the library, the two sisters were in their separate rooms doing their own thing. The mother had five books floating all around her. As she examined each one with a hawk-like eyes, she finally found the right entry in a black and red covered, paperback biography of an ancient sorcerer.

The entire world is a plaything for the draconequus, and this is the reason. His mind inhabits alicorn-like powers, but through my years of examination of the being within its capsulized egg, I’ve found that this means that the fiend will be a lovable being at his young age, but this will change if the attention dissolves. His mentality is what drives his powers out. They will remain dormant if, and only if friendship is present, but if this affection for the creature leaves him to live his life in solitude, and allows him the opportunity to develop a bad state of mind, I do not wish to explain how dissatisfactory the outcome will be. He is like a dog. Attention is a good thing for him, and without it, his behavior will become sour. Hopefully, everything I’ve learned about this fascinating being will be documented properly so his truly corrupted nature will never surface.

The mother put the book down on the desk she stood by and drew a heavy sigh. As a note and quill levitated towards her, she spoke the words she wrote.

“My dear children, I have made a horrible mistake. The draconequus you befriended was harmless. This is a mistake that must be corrected.” The six elements of harmony shimmered by her, and circled her head slowly. “I had you make these elements so you may use them for a number of reasons. The ponies that now inhabit Equestria will look towards you for guidance. As for me, this note is all that I leave you with as a form of a final request. I pray for you to use these elements on the being known as Discord as he will not listen to reason. My time grows short, and I must sum this up as best as I can. Read the book I leave on the library desk to see your answers on how this error on my behalf occurred. Remember that I love you with all my heart, and that the draconequus was never your enemy, but a possible threat that can change. His power depends on his mental status, nothing more. From your mother, Ω.”

The alicorn disappeared from the world of the living that day, just as Discord attempted an invasion on the castle. The two sisters ran outside to see the fiend flying. His adult form was more devastatingly unnerving to the two as they stood on their balcony, gazing at the monstrosity.

“You think you can abandon me?” he asked with chocolate milk raining from the pink sky. “You think our friendship could end without a cost?”

“We were ordered to do so!” Celestia cried as an objection.

“And that gives you the right to treat me like this?” His voice became deeply distraught as he continued. “I am the embodiment of chaos now, and you will learn your place today! All of Equestria is falling into torment thanks to my deeds, and now, it is your turn, your highness.”

Celestia turned her head to Luna and whispered, “Go get the elements. We have no choice but to turn him to stone!”

Luna agreed and ran off, making Discord laugh. “Look, your own sister abandons you in this hour of destruction!”

Thunder surged around the cotton candy clouds as pieces of the castle ripped away and floated up without the force of gravity to hold them together. By the time Luna reached the library, her mother had already passed away. No traces of her were to be located. The elements sat next to the black book along with Luna's and Celestia's saddlebags. On the trinkets laid the note she had left her children. Luna tossed it aside and gathered the elements by placing three in each of their two bags, and then quickly came running out. As she galloped, the note was picked up by the wind, and slowly chased her.

The rain continued, chaos spreading in every possible line of sight. The blue mare saw Discord laughing with his claw holding his head. Just when she was ready to offer her sister her share of the Elements, Discord disappeared. With the flick of his fingers, he vanished before the two, and just like that, he was gone from the ruined city with nothing but an echo.

"Meet me at the outskirts of town, my little ponies."