• Published 13th Mar 2020
  • 621 Views, 10 Comments

Rabbit's Cornucopia - TDR



A collection of stories that don't quite fit with my main works, but that i needed to get out of my head

  • ...
2
 10
 621

SiS tidbit

Author's Note:

Just a small snippit i came up with that i never could find a place to put this. At the time i wrote it i think i was going to start a 6th book of SiS. Then i got distracted by the Puppy idea.

[ Far north, Llinorm lands.]

The creature was easily twice his size a strange combination of windigo and dragon. The creature was not too far off how a kirin looked with an equine head and a maw filled with sharp teeth. It's eyes glowed a soft blue. It's mane was a collection of fine spines rather than hair like a hedgehogs, turning into thicker spines further along it's back going down his large serpentine ending in thick spikes on a club like tail. A pair of leathery dragon like wings were folded along it's sides. It's white hide was covered in fairly smooth black scales like a snakes with a few white patches around it's wings and muzzle.

The creatures claws dug into the earth as it looked down at the orange and gray Kirin before it.

The gray furred former unicorn stallion stared back up at the Llinorm without a bit of fear. His green and red eyes locked with the creatures blue ones as his own serpent like gray furred and orange scaled tail swished behind him. The curved blade of the Waning Moon rested in a scabbard at his side hiding his scard cutie mark of a shield with a fanged and slightly draconic knight's chess piece in the center, as he offered the Llinorm a wide grin showing off his own fanged maw.

Off to the side another gray furred and orange scaled Kirin watched, bouncing about a little bit her wings fluttering as she pronked back and forth watching the the pair with aqua colored eyes. She was nearly as large as the Llinorm and easily twice the size of the other kirin. Her tail flicked back and forth as bounced about a wide grin on her face as well the smirk half hidden by her loose and some what while silvery blue hair. Her cutie mark of the smiling drama masks was prominent on the young mares wiggling hips.

A bit back from her was another figure. A tall mare covered in black chitin and fur with a number of oddly placed holes in her limbs and a oddly shaped horn. A pair of dark blue feathery wings rested on her back as her aqua colored eyes looked at the pair of posturing males with more than a little annoyance. She reached up brushing a strand of metallic blue hair from her face rubbing her temples as the stare down continued.

β€œ You know he's going to win right?” Luna asked with a small sigh.

β€œIt's not about if daddy wins or not. It's everything about the fact that Terrio hasn't backed down yet.” Dawn whispered back.

Around the small group was another much larger group of Llinorm and assorted ponies and griffons going about their business. The small town of Fishstick was just above the territory held by the Kirin and a bit south of where the Dragonlands started. After the battle with Tirek this was one of a number of towns that had been accepting of the Llinorm, though the Windigo Dragons still mostly stuck to themselves, the younger generations were often out exploring the new lands and making contact with locals.

Supposedly in her wanderings Dawn had come across this one and had hit it off. Luna had been getting a bit worried that the thirty year old mare had yet to have a colt friend that lasted beyond a meeting with Jer'rahd. And it seemed she might have finally found one who could at least match a stare down with her overprotective father. Though Luna was unsure if he was brave, stupid, or Dawn had coached him on the encounter. Perhaps all three.