• Published 13th Mar 2020
  • 621 Views, 10 Comments

Rabbit's Cornucopia - TDR



A collection of stories that don't quite fit with my main works, but that i needed to get out of my head

  • ...
2
 10
 621

1091

The rain beat down on the city streets of Canterlot City. The storm had been going on for days and this early into the weekend the populace was unusually subdued. The dark stretch of road only lasted a block before the street lights were illuminated again, only this black seeming to have the outage. On one corner was a old some what run down bar called the Sibet Imperium, and on the other corner of the block was a little corner store that sold cheap bear and lotto tickets, with everything else being over priced for 'convenience.
The Bright lights from a passing car briefly illuminated the dark rain soaked road and an odd shape at the edge of the sidewalk. The car slowed and came to a stop. A moment later a door opened as a flashlight played over the body laying in the gutter. The body was of a gray unicorn with a short cropped amber mane dressed in a water logged brown trench coat, the matching hat floated in the gutter water a few paces away from him.

The pegasus mare shown the flashlight at the body , the rain beating down on her patrol uniform.

>I suppose you are all wondering how I wound up here. Canterlot city is a cruel mistress willing to chew you up and spit you out the moment your guard is lowered even a little. I had seen the depths of what went on in this city and it was clear I had gotten far too close to the truth far too often.....<

“Detective Kaisur are you alright sir?” the officer asked.

“Hold on a moment Silvertail I'm monologueing.” Jer'rahd offered from the ground.

“Yeah, well, you can do that later sir. You're going to catch a cold laying out in the rain like this. Plus the chief sent me to get you.” Officer Silvertail offered with a sigh.

>Why the straitlaced cop was always sent to get me I'll never know. Silvertail was a good cop, lost her husband to some gang violence a long while back, The Thunderbirds were particularly rowdy flock of griffons, but even they had never gone that far before. Leaving the poor mare with nothing but a newborn and a crappy government mandated life insurance policy. Plucky lass decided she was gonna join up and she's been a good cop thus far a shining model of the force in fact, everything by the book, but this city didn't like good cops..<

“Sir?”

“Right Right.... did you have a towel? I'd rather not drip in the car.”Jer'rahd grumbled standing up his horn glowing as he rung out his hat before putting it on.


TDR Presents

A story not in stone, but in the gritty murk of the hard streets of Canterlot City.

A Discord Chat inspired fic

Code 10-91h

Author's Note:

I have literaly no idea if i'm going to do anything with this.