• Published 25th Mar 2020
  • 329 Views, 11 Comments

Holy and Hellish brothers - NinjaTurtle



Brothers unknowingly become warriors of God and Satan sent to a new world to stop eachother. They hope to go home, but when up against each other, who will fall and who will stand afterwards?

  • ...
11
 11
 329

9 Deal with an angel

Chapter 9
Deal with an angel

---------------------
Charles
---------------------

Charles untied the ponies and, holding onto the halo he had placed around their neck, dragged them outside. They fell to the ground roughly and, just as they stood up again, Charles continued to drag them to the front of the cart.

He dumped the ponies on the ground and started to explain the deal.

"So, here's the deal. Me and my brother are banished from Equestria. We were going to continue down this path till we made it to the coast. Since we're injured and in no condition to pull this, you're going to do it. You'll pull the cart to the coastline. If you do this, then I'll let you go and even give you a gift if you do it in less than five days. " Charles explained.

"So, do we have a deal? " Charles asked. For some reason, the phrase 'a deal with the devil' seemed appropriate right now.

The young stallion spoke up. "What if we d-don't accept the deal? " he asked. Charles shit eating grin returned.

"Did I mention that humans are omnivores? Do you know what that word means? " Charles asked. Both ponies shook their heads.

"It means we can eat just about anything. Fruits, Vegetables and meat. If you don't accept the deal, then at least I know what I've got for dinner tonight. " Charles said. It was a bluff as Charles couldn't and wouldn't bring himself to eat the ponies, but they didn't know that. If the already terrified ponies weren't scared then, they were well and truly petrified now.

They both started nodding rapidly. "We accept the deal, we accept. Please don't eat us. ". This was good.

Charles was then surprised when a magical piece of paper and a pen popped up with the deal on it.

Holy binding contract.

This contract details the deal between Charles David Irons, Ruby Offering and Quill Page.

Ruby Offering and Quill Page shall transport the brothers and their travelling cart to the nearest coastal city. If completed within five days, Charles David Irons shall give them a reward.

If Ruby Offering or Quill Page refuse this contract, they shall be turned into a variety of horse meats. If Charles David Irons refuses the contract, a random part of his soul will be taken.

If the agreement is not upheld, then the soul, body and mind of the one who failed to complete the contract will be deleted from existence. If there is any active sabotage or trickery, the one responsible will be deleted from existence.

Please sign on the line below to confirm this soul binding contract.

______________________________________

Charles had no idea how he had done that. The magic emanating from the contract was nearly identical to his but different still.

After reading it twice, Charles took the pen and signed. He took the halo off their neck and let them read it. Both ponies slowly wrote down their names. As soon as it was done, the contract rolled itself up and disappeared.

After shaking his head, Charles hooked the unicorn up to the cart first. The other pony was told to wait for his turn inside. As the pony pulled the cart, Charles made himself comfortable on the roof so he could keep an eye on the pony.

He continued his rune carving, the book still in his hand since he forgot to put it away. It wasn't long before he heard Harry wake up. There was a brief silence, then Harry talking to himself after seeing the pony before he left the cart.

"Charles, why is there a pony currently huddled in a corner as if it just saw a monster? " he asked.

Charles looked at Harry. "That may have been me. " he said.

Harry crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes. "What did you do? " he asked.

"I gave them a deal that if they pulled the cart to the nearest coastal city, then we'd let them go. I even offered to give them something if they got us there in less than five days. I said if they didn't, they would be our next dinner. I didn't mean it. " Charles explained.

"Then, out of nowhere, a soul binding contract appears with the deal on there. We couldn't refuse it, so me and the ponies agreed to it. If I refused it, a part of my soul would be taken. If they refused, they would be turned into...our next dinner. " he finished.

"Seriously, Charles? What else is going to happen to us? " Harry asked in exaggeration.

"I don't know, but at least we don't have to pull the cart and we've got, if unwilling, company. " Charles said.

"Can you at least teach me that translation spell you have? If they're going to be staying with us for a while, may as well be able to talk with them. " Harry said, shaking his head at Charles.

"Yeah sure. It's pretty simple, really. " said Charles. "Just look at what you want to talk to, think about understanding them, then put magic into that thought. " he said.

Harry looked suspiciously at Charles. "I don't believe it's that easy. " said Harry.

Charles smiled smugly. "Your right. It's an understanding spell, not a translation spell. Although they are similar, there is a difference. If I tried to explain something, you would just understand that thing instead of hearing the explanations for it. " Charles said. As he looked at Harry's confused face, he sighed.

"If I tried to explain a toy car, you would understand what I said without hearing the explanations for why that is. " he finished. Harry still looked confused but accepted what Charles had said.

"So just look at the pony, think about understanding them and put magic into that idea? OK, I'll try. " Harry said. He turned around and headed back into the cart.

Charles was about to go back to his rune carving, but decided to have some company while he worked. So he looked at the unicorn, activated the spell and started talking.

"Sorry about the whole contract thing. I honestly didn't expect that to happen. " he said.

The pony didn't answer.

"So, what's your name? " he asked.

She did answer this time, but it was so quiet that he nearly missed it. "Rudy Offering. " she said.

"So, Ruby, what were you doing with the bandits? " he asked.

She looked down sadly at the ground. "I was repaying a debt. " Ruby answered.

"A debt? What debt? "Charles asked.

"I made a mistake when I was selling some of the stuff we got. They made me come along to show me how much work it took to get the items. Feather said it would 'make me appreciate the amount of work they do for me'. " she said.

Charles was now feeling regretful for her and wished he hadn't made that stupid deal. Even though he had no idea that would happen, it still felt like it was his fault.

"So, what are you again? " Ruby said, snapping Charles out of regretful thoughts.

Charles smiled. "I'm a human. Or, I was before getting here. ".

"So, what are you now, then. " she asked, confused.

"Oh, I'm still human, I'm just not completely human. I was given angel wings, a tail and this halo. " said Charles.

"What about your magic? It looks and feels different to normal unicorn magic. " she asked.

"Yeah, I've noticed that. I don't know much about it because I've only had it for less than a week. I read a small bit about how normal magic works and found that the only difference is that we don't need to imagine symbols or glyphs. " Charles explained.

"That sounds difficult. What if you thought of something you didn't mean to? " Ruby asked.

Charles hadn't thought of that. "Well, we need to actively put magic into the thought, so it doesn't just do whatever we think of. " he said.

---------------------
Harry
---------------------

Inside the cart, Harry was debating whether to talk to the pony or not. On one hand, the pony did try killing him. But on the other, he was young and looked like a scared child.

Harry also knew that just the thought of the pony being there would distract him from whatever he was doing. So he casted the spell and started with the oldest conversation starter in the book.

"So, how are you? " he asked.

The pony looked at him but then went back to looking blankly ahead.

"I'm trying to be nice here. " Harry said frustrated.

The pony continued to ignore him. Harry's limited patience was running low.

"You can either talk to me, stay silent or talk to my brother outside. I'm trying to be nice, so don't ignore me. " said Harry.

And then the pony spoke. Finally.

"Please don't eat me…" he said quietly.

Harry was surprised by this response. "Eat you? No thanks. Eating anything that could speak back would mentally scar me and haunt me for the rest of my life. I've already had nightmares about the unicorn I set on fire. " Harry said honestly.

The pony looked at him. "But, the one outside said that your kind eats meat? That means you could eat us. " the pony argued.

"No. All the animals in our world aren't intelligent. Humans are the only intelligent race. You pony's are intelligent, so it would make me feel like I'm eating a fellow human. " Harry replied.

"So, what's your name? " asked Harry.

"Quill Page. " he said, trying not to look at Harry.

"My name's Harry Michael Parkes. Sorry for decking you. " he said.

Quill looked at him weird. "That's a weird name. " he said.

Harry looked at Quill confused. "It's a perfectly normal name back home. " said Harry.

"Where are you from? " Quill asked.

"I'm from a different reality, which means technically, I'm an alien. I come from a country called the UK. England to be more exact. " Harry said.

The pony looked curious now. "What's it like there? " Quill asked.

Harry had to resist a laugh. "Well, we don't have magic in our world but…" Harry was cut off by the pony.

"Your world has no magic?! How is that possible? We were taught that everything needed magic to live? " he said.

"I don't know. Our world just doesn't have magic. But we do have science. " Harry said, finishing his previous sentence.

"Science? Like the stuff they teach at school? " Quill asked.

Harry smiled. "Yeah, but way more advanced. ".

Quill looked quite eager now. "Wow. Do you have laser guns and spaceships and stuff? ".

"We have spaceships, but no laser guns yet. But we do have lots of cool stuff. Phones, cars and more. " Harry said. He listed the common things since they were the first thing to come to mind.

"That's cool. " said Quill.

Harry continued. "Stuff like that is actually quite normal to see, actually. It's usually quite weird if someone doesn't have a phone. ".

"Woah. Your world must be so cool. " Quill said.

"Meh, it's alright. " Harry said.

Harry and Quill continued to talk about their worlds and the amazing things in them. They spoke for an hour or two before the ponies switched.

---------------------
???
---------------------

He sat on his throne as he watched the wild beasts fight for their territory again. It was amusing the first few times, but grew boring the more times they fought.

He could walk up to them and join the fray, but all the monsters knew that they were no match. They would simply stop fighting and run at his mere presence.

He had been here for years, still undefeated and waiting for worthy challengers. Ones that could take his challenge and become worthy of his wealth and land.

Many came and failed, repeating the same mistakes as previous challengers. They never learned. He checked his blood crystal mirror to see if it had changed since last month.

To his surprise, it revealed something it deemed worthy. It only did this if they were destined to challenge him in the near future. The being smiled.

"Finally, something entertaining for me to watch. " he said in a low, evil voice.

Author's Note:

Foreshadowing and more character development. Hope you enjoyed.