• Published 25th Mar 2020
  • 329 Views, 11 Comments

Holy and Hellish brothers - NinjaTurtle



Brothers unknowingly become warriors of God and Satan sent to a new world to stop eachother. They hope to go home, but when up against each other, who will fall and who will stand afterwards?

  • ...
11
 11
 329

6 First steps out

Chapter 6
As we leave

---------------------
Charles
---------------------

As the early sun peeked through the window, Charles woke up normal. Well, it's the day of departure. Better get ready. He kicked the sheets off and swung his legs out of bed. He stood up and stretched, making sure the entirety of his body was awake.

He put his clothes on and walked to the bathroom. After finishing his business, he walked out of his room. When he opened the door,he saw guards posted right across from it. They looked at him but did nothing.

Charles opened the door to Harry's room. He opened the door to the bedroom where Harry was. He was sleeping peacefully in the bed as Charles started shaking him awake.

"Urrr...fuck off…" was his reply. Charles shook him again. "Come on Harry, you need to wake up. " Charles said.

He hated waking his brother up because it would put him in a grumpy, miserable and asshole-ish mood. But he didn't have much of a choice in the matter, so he would just have to suck it up and deal with it.

"Urrr...what? " groaned Harry. His eyes opened slightly to see Charles standing there. He groaned again as he sat up and yesterday's events replayed in his head.

"We need to get up and get ready to leave. " he said to Harry. He groaned again before getting out of bed as Charles left the room. A minute or two later, Harry came out grumbling about how it was too early.

"So, what are we doing today? " Harry asked.

"Well, we have to check the supplies so we know what we've got, we need to have a look at the 'traveller's cart' thing and I would like to get a book about the other species so we know what's out there. " Charles said.

"And why do you need me for this? " asked Harry.

"Cause I need your opinion as well since it involves both of us. And you can also try looking for any essentials that I might miss. " Charles said.

Harry groaned again. "Fine, whatever, let's just get on with this. ".

They both left the room to the same guards Charles had seen and another one waiting for them.

Charles used his spell for the translation as the pony talked.

"The princesses have requested you two to meet them in the dining hall. If you would please follow me. " said the pony as he walked off with us in tow.

In the dining room were the princesses and the six ponies Harry had arrived with. They were all sitting there talking and eating, till the pony we were following announced their presence.

The two boys paid no attention to them as they sat at the table. They were eventually asked what they wanted and both answered with some toast. As they waited, they saw the princesses horns glow and the tendrils moved towards them.

Harry fended them off as Charles casted his own communication spell on most at the table.

"Good morning humans. I hope you slept well. " said Celestia. Charles said nothing as Harry groaned.

"We would like to discuss your banishment in more detail. " she said. "We have the traveller's cart constructed and prepared. We have supplies such as food and water settled as well. ".

Charles nodded. "Thank you, your highness. We are grateful for your help. ".

"While we may be helping you now, rest assured that if you are found within our borders, you shall be arrested. " said princess Luna bluntly.

"We understand, your highness. " Charles said.

A plate with some buttered toast was placed in front of them. Charles thanked them while Harry was too busy eating and looking grumpy.

"Do you know where you shall be going? " asked princess Celestia.

"No, your highness. We plan on just heading to the nearest place that isn't Equestria. But it might take us a while because we don't have a map and we are new to this world. " he said.

"That is fine. Is there anything you wish before you leave? " asked princess Celestia.

Charles knew that he already had enough to get him and Harry out of here, but he decided to see just how much he could get from them. "May I ask how much money we will get for the trip? ".

Princess Luna scoffed while princess Celestia answered. "You shall be given 150 bits. That should be enough for food and other necessities. " she said.

"Thank you. May I also request a book or two so we may educate ourselves of the other races and this world? It would help speed up our travels. " he asked. He was most likely pushing the limit of what he could get away with now if Luna was any indication.

"You shall be given a simple and basic book on the other races. If you will excuse me, I shall take my leave. " said princess Celestia as she got up and walked out the door. Princess Luna followed behind.

As me and Harry finished our breakfast, the same guide pony came back and we followed him down and outside. The six ponies followed them as well, although Charles was not sure why.

We were shown the cart that we would be travelling in. It looked like a wooden shed on wheels. It was plain looking with one window and one door. There were steps to the door to help get to it. There were harnesses on the front for them to pull it with, which Charles didn't think he could do.

He casted the communication spell one them and asked "How are we supposed to pull this? ".

The craftsman pony looked as if I was stupid. "Ya simply attach yourself to the harness and pull. It's simple, really. " he said.

"No, I mean how are we supposed to pull something that heavy? Me and my brother aren't super strong or anything. " Charles said clearly.

The realisation hit the pony. "Oh, that's what ya meant, sorry. These things have featherweight runes on the front and on the beams holding the harness. It should be about as heavy as a box of paper. " he said.

"May I test it to see if I can move it and so I know how to put the straps on? " Charles said.

"Sure thing. Go ahead. ".

Charles walked to the front of the cart and looked at the harness. It wasn't complex or anything. It was like a school bag with added straps at the front. He went to walk forwards, but the cart's weight stopped him. He then tried putting his back into it, and it started moving. And once it moved, it was a lot easier to pull.

He took the harness off, satisfied that he could actually pull the cart.

The two boys then checked the inside. There was a bunk bed against the far wall, a few drawers and a cupboard. On top of the cupboard was a cylinder that was bolted to the wall. It had a tap on it, meaning a water tank or something like that. The left side wall was the window and there was a map on the other.

They checked the drawers and found nothing. In the cupboard, which they found out had preservative runes making it like a mini fridge, they had some simple fruits and veg.

As they got out, Charles turned to his brother. They didn't have any serious problems with it, although they both made small complaints in their head.

"Hey, Harry. Since there's nothing left to check, I'm gonna go to the library to read some more books. Do you want to come or do something else? " Charles asked Harry.

"It's not like I have a choice. Go with you or do nothing since I doubt they'll let me practice my magic again. " Harry said.

"Hey, whilst I'm there, I could teach you some of my spells and you could tell me yours. Maybe it will do us some good to understand our magic better. " Charles suggested. Harry simply groaned before following me.

At the library, there were more ponies than yesterday. Though that wasn't exactly hard since hardly anyone came yesterday, it was noticeable.

I walked back to the place I was before and picked out the same books I did last time. Harry, in the meantime, found paper and pencils and was drawing pictures or was listing the powers we had, even new ones we could try later.

We had been in there for an hour or two before the guide pony called for us. Harry got up and followed him, Charles catching up a bit later.

He guided us back outside to the cart. Near the cart were princesses, the six and some guards. Charles casted the communication spell again, I really need a shorter name for that spell, and allowed the ponies to talk.

"Your cart is prepared for your departure. Although this is your punishment, we wish safe travels. " said princess Celestia.

"You shall be escorted out of Canterlot to make sure you keep your word. After that, you shall have ten days to be out of Equestria. If you are found after that, you may be arrested for trespassing. " princess Luna stated.

"Yes your highness. " Charles said. Harry didn't say anything as he climbed into the cart.

Charles strapped the harness on and started to pull. The weight of the cart put up some resistance, but it eventually gave up and they were on their way.

He walked down the street on the main path. He could see the guards above him and the multiple looks from the ponies around him. It didn't take long before leaving as nothing of interest happened on the way out.

The guards still followed them a short distance out but did eventually turn back. Charles continued to walk on the path. He didn't have a map on him but he knew it would be ages before he made it to any of the borders, so it didn't matter where this path led.

An indeterminate amount of time later, Charles stopped and parked the cart near a tree near the path. He was tired and hungry. He unstrapped himself from the cart and walked into it. Harry was, to his surprise, reading a book.

"Hey. " Charles said as he announced his presence to Harry. Harry looked over and said nothing.

Charles groaned as his body finally told him that he was stupid for pulling something with the weight of a small wardrobe. "Urr...my back and legs are killing me. " he said. He crashed onto his new bed.

"Good for you, no-one cares. " Harry said from the top bunk. Charles pulled his halo off and reached into it, though it looked like his arm simply disappeared into it.

"Um, what are you doing? " asked Harry. As he said that, Charles pulled a book from the hole.

"Wait, where did you get that book? " he asked.

"The library. " Charles said with a grin.

"Did you steal that? How did you get away with stealing something from princesses?".

"Because, as long as you don't get caught, you can get away with it. I wasn't caught and I doubt they will notice a one missing book, will they. '' Charles said smuggling. He may have been the quiet, goody two-shoes back home but that was because he rarely, if ever, got caught.

"What if they do find out, huh? We'll be in more shit than we are now. " Harry said, raising his voice slightly.

"Harry, we're leaving the country. " Charles said in a deadpan voice. "Once we're gone, they'll have no authority over us and can't do anything to us. ".

"Yeah, but we are still in their country at the moment. If they find us before we leave…" he was cut off as Charles finished the sentence.

"...then we can say we brought it. ".

Harry looked down at Charles. "If anything happens because of that book, it is your fault, not mine. " he said.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, i know. I'll keep it hidden until we are out of Equestria. Promise. ".

The two boys settled down for the afternoon. Harry had lit a candle as the sun lowered and the dark of the night came into the cart. They laid on their beds for hours just reading or chatting before they agreed to go to sleep. Harry removed his flame from the candle and plunged the cart back into a peaceful darkness as they slept.

Author's Note:

This one was awkward to write but I hope it works. Now the adventure of the two brothers begins.