• Published 25th Mar 2020
  • 331 Views, 11 Comments

Holy and Hellish brothers - NinjaTurtle



Brothers unknowingly become warriors of God and Satan sent to a new world to stop eachother. They hope to go home, but when up against each other, who will fall and who will stand afterwards?

  • ...
11
 11
 331

14 Naval Ship Raiders

Chapter 14
Naval raiders

---------------------
Quill
---------------------

Quill had not slept well that night. He was so tired and hungry because he kept throwing up, yet he couldn't eat because of the sea sickness and couldn't sleep because of his stomach. When he got up, he felt like he had been trampled by a stampede.

As he left the cart, he heard both humans speaking to each other in the weird language of theirs. He couldn't make any sense of it or the similar language the Griffins spoke. To him, it sounded like growls, barks and grunts.

As one of them saw Quill, they quickly turned their magic on and spoke.

"Morning Quill. " Charles said.

Quill simply groaned as his body reminded him of his hunger and dizziness. He heard one of them chuckle at this, but he really didn't care.

"Looks like sick note is up. " joked Harry, obviously not bothered by the state Quill was in.

"Hey, ginge, be nice. You were no better when we went on holiday for the first few days. " Charles said to Harry. Harry rolled his eyes and ignored the comment.

Quill continued his walk to the ship deck as he passed the boys. He had to squeeze pass Griffins and minotaurs as he climbed up the stairs to the deck.

The deck wasn't as busy as yesterday, with some crew cleaning and one or two Griffins on lookout. He uneasily made it to the side, putting his hooves up and leaning over.

"Are you OK? " said a female voice behind him. As he turned around, he saw the Griffin from the other day. What was her name, Jesse or something?

"Yeah, I'll be fine as soon as I'm off this ship. " Quill replied.

"Oh...soooooo, why are you travelling with those two. " she asked.

"Umm, 'cause I don't really have anywhere else to go. Why'd you ask? " Quill asked.

Jesse smiled. "I'm just curious. I was there, at Canterlot, when they were banished. They looked weird and I wanted a closer look, but they were long gone by the time I could get out of the crowd. It was just a chance that I found them here. " she said.

"Well, they are weird alright. They said they came from a completely different reality where they are the only smart creatures. They said they had no magic or runes or anything like that and everything was done or made with science. " Quill said, Jesse seemingly interested.

Quill continued as he said, "Apparently, their kind is so advanced that they have built rockets that can take them off the planet, onto the moon AND BACK. Apparently they've done it multiple times. ".

"Really! That's incredible! What else? " Jesse asked enthusiastically.

"Umm, they said that they had things called mobile phones. If they were powered and had a 'wireless connection' or something like that, then they could contact anyone in the world with one. Said it could play music, games and videos. " Quill said, remembering as much as he could from their conversations.

"WOW! That's unbelievable! They can do all that without magic. It might as well put all other races to shame. Can they prove any of these though? " she asked.

Quill shrugged. "It sounds too good to be true, but they know so much that I couldn't just be made up. I just think that they're…"

BOOM

CRASH

Quill had to quickly pull himself back from the side of the ship as it rocked and nearly threw him off. He hastily got to his hooves and looked to the other side of the ship, trying to see what had caused the noise.

Although it was difficult with the ship crew running around, he eventually saw something. It looked like sails of another ship not far in the distance. He could also see a small red flag on the ship.

"Oh no, not good. Pirates. " Jesse said quietly.

"Oh buck. " Quill said quietly.

Suddenly, the captain of the ship appeared. "Oi! Any of you with combat experience or training, get up here now! If not, get below deck and help with patching this ship up. If they've fired one shot at us, they're going to fire many more, so we're going to need all those holes fixed quickly. " he shouted.

The faint shouting of the other ship could be heard but Quill couldn't understand any of it since they were too far away and they were most likely speaking Griffonian.

Quill and Jesse hastily ran to the stairs going down. Along the way they were pushed and shoved by other Griffins and Minotaurs. As they got to the bottom, they could see the chaos that had erupted.

Many of the crew or passengers were running around, moving fallen cargo or stacking wooden planks. Over to the side where they assumed the cannonball had hit, he could see a Minotaur hammering planks over the reasonably large blast hole.

He would have looked for the brothers but was caught off guard as they both ran past him up the stairs. They passed him so quickly he almost mistook them for a Minotaur.

"CHARLES! HARRY! " he shouted to no avail. They either ignored him or didn't hear him as they were gone by the time he had turned around. The only thing left was the angry shouting coming from them. And if Jesse's blush was anything to go by, the language they were using was not appropriate.

"Where are they going? " shouted Jesse over the noise.

"I don't know. They might be going up to help fight off the pirates. " said Quill.

Over by a crate near a wall, a Griffin started shouting at them. "Hey, you two! Get over here. They're going to be firing more cannon ba…"

CRASH

Whatever he was going to say was cut off as a plank of wood from the blast smacked into him. Immediately after, Minotaurs and Griffins began moving hectically with nails and wood beginning to fly as the hole was patched and a few Griffins attended to the one that got hurt.

Quill and Jesse looked at each other before splitting up to go help. Despite being focused on helping the crew, he had a nagging suspicion that whatever was going to happen above them was going to be so much more eventful.

---------------------
Harry
---------------------

"Fuck! " Harry shouted as he squeezed passed the crew who were tieing down everything and getting weapons ready. The pirates hadn't tried flying over yet but, as their ship got closer, he could see the cannons aimed at the ship.

Charles was close behind, stopping to help push and lift crates into position and tie them down as he was faster and stronger than Harry. He was also bigger, and fatter, than his, so he had to slow down more to squeeze through gaps.

Once Harry was in a mostly clear space, about three-quarters up the ship, he looked at the pirate ship as he waited for his brother.

"Right, I'm here...what now? " he said, panting a bit.

"I don't know. I think we just have to wait till they start flying, then we can shoot them down. " Harry said as he looked at the rest of the crew who weren't attacking the pirate ship yet.

"Really...why don't we just...use our magic...to sink their ship? " Charles said.

"I don't know. I don't see anyone else using their magic so I just assumed. " he reasoned.

"That might be because none of them can. So far, only the ponies with horns can use magic. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any horned ponies here, do you? " Charles commented sarcastically has his breath returned to him.

"Go fuck yourself. " Harry said back.

"Whatever. I'll prepare my magic missiles, you throw fire at them. " he said.

"Throw fire...at a ship... surrounded by water…" Harry said before sighing. "Here I was thinking you were the smart one. ".

"It's magical fire. Besides, if it's on the side near the top, they won't be able to do much as the ocean water can't really reach it and they won't be able to put out the fire fast enough with simple buckets. " Charles explained.

"Fine. This better work. If not, it's your fault. " Harry stated as he started powering up his magic.

In less than thirty seconds, Harry had three fireballs in each hand and one between his horns. Charles, in the same amount of time, had about ten to twenty water bottle sized magic cones on each hand with six circling around his halo.

"Ready ginge. " Charles asked.

"Yep. " was Harry's simple reply.

With that, they both released their magic. Harry's fireballs flew mostly straight and hit the upper side of the ship like planned. They exploded in a fire-y explosion and started to burn away at the ship. He kept putting a small amount of magic into the fire to make sure it kept burning.

Charles spell arc up, similar to how a ball arcs when thrown up. They took a bit of time to reach the ship. As the spell came down, it hit the pirate ship like hail and probably punched holes in the deck which were most likely harder to fix than the ones in the side.

The results were immediate. More cannonballs were fired and the pirate crew, or at least the ones that could fly, all took to the air and headed straight for them. It was like they had knocked a bees, no, wasps nest and all of them were now very pissed.

Charles wasted no time and started to rapidly fire the magic missiles like a machine gun. Harry could see them dodge and avoid most of the shots, the occasional one hitting and dropping the Griffin into the sea.

Harry was still feeding his magic into the flames while occasionally sending a fireball at them. The ship was still holding itself together, surprisingly, but looked like it would crumble any minute now. That was what he was hoping for, at least, as he could see the Griffins on the dive straight for them.

"Shit! " Charles shouted as he shoved Harry out the way before throwing himself in that direction. A second later, three Griffins landed where they were standing, drawing their swords.

All around them, more and more Griffins landed and started to engage the crew of the ship. Swords clashed and bodies were shoved around as the brothers got up.

They both quickly summoned their weapons and turned around to face the pirates standing before then. The pirates already had their weapons out but looked cautious.

"What exactly are you freaks? " asked the middle Griffin.

"I don't know, why don't you ask him? " Harry said, pointing behind the pirates.

They all turned around and saw nothing. All three panicked as they went to turn around again.

"That is the oldest trick in the book and they just fell for it. " Charles said. The pirates looked back at the brothers, only to find them towering over them and bringing their weapons down.

The left Griffin got cracked around the face by Charles's bat while the right one was decked by Harry's golden gauntlet. The middle one was saved for last.

"Oh, and to answer your question, we are humans…" Charles started.

"...and you are dead. " Harry finished.

The Griffin had no chance to react as the bat and gauntlet both collided with his head, squashing it. He fell to the floor in a non moving heap.

Harry turned his focus back to the magic fire, only to see the ship start to crumble and sink. He could see the rest of the pirate crew swimming as they tried to find anything that floated.

The brothers looked around at the ship with many fights raging on. Harry looked at Charles with a smile, one that Charles also had on his face.

"Let's go. " Harry said as he ran forward into the fray, Charles following behind, both with weapons ready. It was time they showed them the power of sibling team work.

Author's Note:

It seems they really cant catch a break. Oh well.