• Published 25th Mar 2020
  • 332 Views, 11 Comments

Holy and Hellish brothers - NinjaTurtle



Brothers unknowingly become warriors of God and Satan sent to a new world to stop eachother. They hope to go home, but when up against each other, who will fall and who will stand afterwards?

  • ...
11
 11
 332

12 Travel shopping affairs

Chapter 12
Travel shopping affairs

---------------------
Charles
---------------------

Charles and Harry were walking side by side with Quill following behind as they walked through the town. They were talking and joking more than they had in a long while. It was good to see each other smiling happily.

Although they were talking and joking, they had to speak quite loudly as they struggled to hear what they were saying. This was mostly because of the countless ponies and occasional Griffin.

After a short while, they walked to a less busy area. "Hey, Quill. We're nearly at the port. " said Harry, pointing down the path at the harbour not too far away.

It wasn't long before they got there. It was one of the smaller harbours the town had and was less noticeable compared to the others. The ships were just as big as the others but looked more bland and boring.

This part of the harbour also had more Griffins than the others. As they looked around, he could see why. There was a Griffin ship loading pigs and other animals while unloading only a few boxes that looked to have meat in.

"Umm, Harry? Why are we at a Griffin harbour? " Quill asked.

Charles was the one to turn around and answer. "Oh, this is a Griffin harbour? Cool. Anyway, this was the least busy harbour here, so I thought it would be quicker than having to wait all day at the other ones. " he explained.

They approach the Griffin that was standing at the entrance. He looked at them as they came over. It then tilted its head and smirked.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? Two minotaur and a pony. What brings you over to this part of the harbour? " the Griffin said smugly.

Charles and Harry's eyes widened as they heard him talk.

"Did he just speak in English? " Harry asked in astonishment.

"Yeah. But we can discuss this later. " Charles said, although he was just as amazed.

After they finished whispering to each, they looked back to the Griffin.

"We're not minotaurs, we're humans. Before you ask, don't bother asking what a human is. It would take a while and I'm sure you've got better things to do. " Charles said, cutting the Griffin off just as he had opened his beak.

"Well, OK. What brings you here then? " he said.

"We were hoping to find a ship willing to take me, my brother and the pony to Griffin stone. We also have a traveller's cart that we would like to bring with us if possible. " said Charles.

The Griffin looked suspicious. "If all you wanted was transport to Griffin stone, why not use the pony harbours? " he asked.

Harry answered this time. "It was too busy and it would have taken us ages. We saw it was quieter over here. ".

"Huh, well that's some good reasoning. Well, let me speak to the ones in charge and I'll see what we've got. " he said before flying off.

"Well, that went better than expected. " Charles said casually.

Harry nodded in agreement. "Yeah. I honestly thought that they would just reject us. ".

"Hey, Quill, you alright. You've been a bit quiet. " Harry asked. He had to quickly reactivate his translation spell as Quill spoke.

"Umm, y-yeah. I'm f-fine. " he said unconvincing. He could see they weren't fooled.

"You sure? " asked Harry.

Quill sighed, knowing he wasn't going to fool them. "I don't like it here. I can smell the horrid meat they're unloading. I don't feel comfortable around Griffins. I also struggled to understand a thing you two said. " Quill explained.

Charles smiled. "Why didn't you say so? You could have stayed away while we did this. " he said.

"I did want to cause a fuss over it. " Quill said, looking down.

"It's fine. Don't worry. We'll be gone soon anyway. Just gotta make sure we have a ride out of Equestria. " Charles said.

Not a second after, the Griffin returned. "You're in luck. Gotta ship leaving early in the morning. The captain said he'd do it for 110 bits, 50 for the cart and 20 more per passenger. " he said.

Charles and Harry looked at each other and shrugged. "OK, that's fair. They want the payment now, or later? " Charles asked.

"Now would be better. Don't worry about being scammed. This place has very strict rules and any sea Griffin would be wise to follow them. They usually don't come back if they don't. " said the Griffin with a reassuring smile.

With that, Charles pulled off the halo and grabbed the bit bag out of it. He quickly handed over the coins before putting it back in the holding space in his halo.

"That's a convenient way to store your money. Thanks for the payment. Hope to see you tomorrow. " he said as they walked off.

Charles saw Harry smile. "That cost less than I thought. Just means more money to spend tonight. " he said enthusiastically.

"Hold on, ginge. We still need to save some for when we leave. I don't want to arrive in a new country broke. " Charles said.

"Kill joy. " Harry muttered.

"I heard that. " Charles stated.

"You were meant to. I said it loud enough. " Harry shot back.

It was Quill that interrupted us. "So what do we do now? " he asked.

"Well, we could split some of the money. We've got 60 left, so I'll split it 10 each with some left over. " Charles said as he pulled out the bit bag.

"That's it? 10? What are we supposed to get with 10 bits?! " Harry said, clearly not happy with the budget he was given.

"I don't know. Look around for something. " replied Charles.

"Like what?! " he asked, irritated.

Charles shrugged. "Quill can go with you. He might know where some interesting stuff is. ".

Quill, having heard his name, turned around. "Huh, what were you saying? " he said.

"Can you take Harry with you? He has no idea what he wants so just take him with you and he can have a look around. I'm going off on my own. " said Charles.

"Yeah, going off on your own with the rest of the money. " Harry remarked.

"Harry. There's 30 bits in there now. When I get back, you can count them. If a single bit is missing, I'll let you hit me, deal? " Charles said.

"Fine. " he sighed before walking off with Quill.

Once the two were gone, Charles headed in the opposite direction. He backtracked to a shop he had seen on the way here. He hoped they hadn't sold out yet, but was prepared if they were.

He walked for a good ten minutes before arriving at the shop. To Charles's delight as he looked through the window, they still had what he wanted.

He entered the shop. It was a gem and jewel shop, full of things like ruby's, sapphires, emeralds, diamonds and more. The best thing was they were so cheap, Charles had to double check the prices.

He picked three gems as that was all he could afford. Charles walked over to the counter with them so he could pay. Since there was a pony mare there, he had to use his translation spell again.

"Hey. I would like to buy these, please. " he said politely as he put the gems on the counter.

The pony looked at him. "Sure thing. That will cost you 12 bits. " she said with a grin.

"No, it clearly said over there '3 bits per gem'. So either those signs are false advertising, or you lying. " Charles said, even pointing at the sign where he got the gems.

The pony soon lost her smug grin before muttering something. After that she looked back at Charles with a less smug smile. "Yes, sorry, my fault. 9 bits then. ".

Charles handed over the bits and then took the gems. Try and overcharge me, bitch. I'm going to have fun putting runes on these. He thought.

As he walked out, he pulled his halo down. He flipped it around to open the storage and looked inside. I'm running out of space there. He dropped the gems in and closed it up again, it floating to the top of his head naturally.

He had one bit left. As Charles looked around, he couldn't find anything worth buying. He strolled throughout the town, occasionally having to consciously move his tail to avoid it being crushed by carts or ponies.

He eventually found a Griffin shop. A meat shop. Charles may have looked calm as he looked through the window, but in his mind he was wide eyed and drooling at the sight and smell.

Charles couldn't help himself and went in. The only thing he could buy was a small pack of bacon, maybe four slices. But it was bacon, that being the only reason anyone needed to get it.

He carried it back through the crowd as his halo didn't have the space. The walk back was filled with glares or stares from ponies, which Charles ignored entirely.

As he walked back to the cart, he could see some other ponies heading towards it. Charles instantly suspected thieves, which was proven right as one tried to get in the cart.

*Cough, Cough*

He soon saw all of the ponies and one Griffin turn around.

"I'm sorry, it seems you have the wrong cart. That's mine. Please leave it alone. " Charles said in the most innocent way possible.

"No, it seems you've got the wrong. Now buck off. " said one of the ponies. Just to check, he focused on the 'find me' rune he knew he had in the cart. Unsurprisingly, he could sense it in the cart the thieves were trying to get into.

He smiled. "No, I'm pretty sure that's mine. I can sense my rune work in there. Now back off. " Charles said.

"Or what, stupid minotaur? " said the Griffin.

"I'm not a minotaur. I'm a human. " said Charles. As they looked at him confused, he raised his arm and created a barrier around the cart. The thieves looked at this, surprised. None of them moved as Charles simply walked towards them.

"It's my cart. Now piss off. ".

They didn't need to be told twice as they backed away from the cart, turned around and walked away quickly.

Charles smiled, shook his head and put the barrier down as he entered the cart to rest on his bed. He put the bacon in the cupboard before laying down. He pulled out the rune book as he waited for Harry and Quill to return.

By the time Harry and Quill returned, the sun was already moving down and the moon was raising up. They looked tired with a few things in a bag Harry was holding.

"So, you have fun? " Charles asked sarcastically, looking up at Harry.

"Fuck you. " he said.

"No thanks. " Charles replied.

"Go fuck yourself then. " said Harry, obviously not happy.

"I'm not gay though. " Charles said, his smirk increasing in size.

Harry put the bag on and then opened the draws. He dumped some things in, left the rest in the bag and climbed up onto his bed. He was muttering the entire time. Something involving ponies, meat, racism and, surprisingly, a spork for some reason.

"He's in a good mood. " Charles said sarcastically with his translation spell on.

"Yeah. I don't know what happened though. He walked off to get something, then he came storming back in a grumpy mood. " Quill said as he took his stuff out.

Quill had got himself a long, green scarf. It was simple but it looked decent. Quill wrapped it around his neck and turned to look at himself.

"Scarf suits you. " Charles said plainly.

"Thanks. " he replied.

"Your welcome. ".

Looking out the window, both Quill and Charles saw it was getting dark. Harry was fiddling with something on his bed while Quill snuggled down to sleep. Charles pulled the covers over him as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

Author's Note:

Got the chapter out after procrastinating. Sorry. Anyway, enjoy.