• Published 9th Mar 2020
  • 21,534 Views, 1,728 Comments

I Am Not Sombra - Boopy Doopy



But I am in his body. And nobody seems to believe me about it...

  • ...
140
 1,728
 21,534

(2-4) Princess Talks

“Celestia,” the blue alicorn spoke after Twilight Sparkle left, “listen to me.”

Luna faced her sister, but her sister kept her back to her. Celestia very much knew what she was going to be told, and knew she would hate what she heard from her. Still, calmly, she asked, “What is it?”

“You have gone far enough with this,” Luna said forcefully. “I have let you get away with how you’ve treated him thus far, but I will not let you manipulate and infect the young princess.”

“I’ve done nothing of the sort,” Celestia lied. “As of this moment, we have to assume he was using some spell to paint us a very clever lie.”

“You know that is not the case,” Luna said, her expression becoming hard. “However, even if it were the case, it is completely unacceptable for you to try and breed hate in her heart.”

“The same hate and mistrust that you let fester between her and her friends when you intervened in their decision in the Crystal Empire?”

“You know full well,” her sister started in a low voice, “what decision they would have made had you and Cadance not radiated bloodlust.”

“Such a decision is unknowable,” she said dismissively, “and would have been fully their own regardless. I remember expressly saying that the decision was theirs.”

“As I said, you know full well what decision they would have made.”

“Even if I was influencing them, I do remember you saying you would allow whatever I chose to happen. Was that a lie?”. It took all of Celestia’s being not to say what she truly wanted to. Even seething as she was, what she wanted to say would have been entirely too hurtful to her sister.

"You know well enough that I was giving a show of unity," Luna told her, almost angry.

"How can we show unity when you try and contradict the things I say?"

“Celestia, I am hereby commanding you to stop this ridiculousness. Your actions are hurting Twilight, as well as her friends, and changing the way things are meant to be. The next time I see you working to manipulate her thinking, I will not give you the grace of speaking to you privately.”

Celestia for the first time got visibly angry. It wasn’t her that was causing these things, it was him. He was the problem. He was clearly tricking them, and trying to cause division between her and her sister, as well as between Twilight and her friends, so that he might take power. More than that, he was making her look like a fool, making her seem unreasonable. He was a problem, and he had to be dealt with as quickly as possible, whether or not he told the truth.

“No, Celestia,” her sister told her, reading her thoughts. “Thus far, he has done nothing but take the appearance of an enemy and beg for his life. At this moment, the problem is you.”

Luna’s words burned her deeply, and she marched up to her until they were nearly on top of each other, using her height to look down at her. “He. Killed. My. FRIEND!” she bellowed so loudly that all of Canterlot heard it, staring Luna right in the eye.

Not intimidated and not breaking away from her gaze, Luna, just as forceful as her sister, though not quite as loud, said, “She was my friend as well. Still yet, however, this creature has done nothing, and you cannot let this irrational hate for him fester within you and cloud your judgment. As well, you certainly will not cloud Twilight Sparkle’s judgment, as I will use any means necessary to prevent that from happening.”

Luna spoke from experience. She knew what happened when she let her hate fester, and did not want some creature who had done no wrong to suffer at her sister's hooves, whether it was the young princess or the one who claimed not to be Sombra. More than that, she wanted to prevent Celestia from suffering the same fate that befell her so long ago. However, she did become a bit concerned when she saw flecks of yellow, orange, and red make their way into her sister’s normally green, blue, and purple hair.

“Celestia,” Luna started again, in a much softer tone, “you have to control yourself. For his sake, for Twilight’s sake, and for your sake, you must control yourself.”

Rather than take her sister's words to heart, Celestia instead walked away in ever-growing anger, now mixed with slight paranoia.


“Princess Celestia,” Twilight asked, “can I ask what it was Sombra did to upset you so much?”

It was only a couple of hours later that the Princess of Friendship found herself in her private company. She had turned to head back to Ponyville, but once she got to the town, headed back to ask her new question, finding Celestia walking the city and greeting its citizens. She had originally planned to visit her brother and his wife that day, but now came to Celestia to see what exactly the monster had done to the three other princesses to upset them so much. Besides, she wasn’t ready to go back to the Crystal Empire quite yet.

“Well,” she told her matter of factly, “not only has he tried to take over Equestria and enslaved countless ponies, he also killed the princess who ruled the Crystal Empire before Cadance.”

Twilight’s eyes went wide at that. “He killed a princess?”

“Yes.”

“What happened?” she asked, then quickly added, “If you’re willing to tell me, of course.”

“There isn’t much to tell. He wanted to enslave the Crystal Empire, and the Crystal Heart stood in his way. When he tried to steal it, Princess Amore confronted him, and he killed her.” The mare sighed, adding, “She was a personal friend of mine.”

“Oh.” Twilight said quietly. “I’m sorry. But, why would he do that? He’s never killed anypony before…”

“Because he’s evil, Twilight. He’ll use any means necessary to get what he wants.”

“That wasn’t manipulation,” she thought. “I’m simply giving her the answers she seeks.”

The young princess paused at that, then asked, “You don’t think he’s really Sombra, do you?”

Celestia sighed. “I do not know,” she lied. “We are working to find out whether or not that is the case. However, regardless, I feel as though he’s driven a wedge between me and my sister, and I hope the same wedge hasn’t formed between you and your friends.”

Twilight was confused by that. Did she mean that he was doing that, or that their reactions to him were driving wedges between them? She was sure she meant the latter, but was still concerned about the phrasing. However, before she could ask about it, the princess said, “If it’s no problem, I’d really rather get off of the subject.”

“Of course,” Twilight said respectfully. “I’m sorry for taking up so much of your time.”

“It truly isn’t a problem,” Celestia told her kindly, watching as her former student trotted away. She was grateful Luna wasn’t there at that moment, otherwise there might have been a mess.