• Published 9th Mar 2020
  • 21,544 Views, 1,728 Comments

I Am Not Sombra - Boopy Doopy



But I am in his body. And nobody seems to believe me about it...

  • ...
140
 1,728
 21,544

(1-2) And They Don't Believe Me

“Shouldn't we try and restrain him?” Cadance asked.

“No,” Celestia answered. “Let’s just watch to see if he tries to make a move.”

The three stood watching me for a little while, waiting for the youngest princess and her friends to get to me. Luna looked at me with a neutral face, but the other two looked as though they wanted me to make a move so they could fight. Especially Celestia. Although she tried to put on the same neutral expression as her sister, I could tell she had some deep rooted hatred for me. It kept me silently frozen in place, fearful of what she might do if I even took a single step.

“This is ridiculous,” Cadance finally said angrily, speaking to the two sisters. “We’re just going to stand here watching him?”

“He has yet to make a move to flee or strike us,” Luna told her.

“Then shouldn't we take advantage of this moment? He’s probably waiting for a chance to escape.”

“If that is the case, don’t you believe he would have done so earlier? I have never known Sombra to sit passively.”

“So what? Do we just forget everything he’s ever done because he's acting weird and looks afraid of us once? You know what he did!”

“Yes, I do, but as I said before, I simply do not think that Sombra is a pony who would willingly surrender. Don’t you agree?”

“Or he knows what will happen if he doesn’t, and wants to get out of what he knows is coming with some cheap trick that other ponies have tried before.”

Other ponies claimed not to be themselves before? That was news to me, and probably wouldn't help my case, seeing as Cadance considered it a "cheap trick". This was getting worse by the second.

"I'm not tricking you," I tried to tell them timidly. "I know I look and sound like him, but I- I'm not him!"

Luna paused at that, and I watched as Cadance got visibly angrier. “I’m not suggesting he should not be punished," she told the pink mare. "I’m simply suggesting that we investigate his claim before handing a sentence out. Did we not investigate other ponies claims?”

That wasn't what I wanted to hear. It sounded like they were going to be punishing me regardless of whether or not I proved to them that I wasn't Sombra.

"He's not just some pony, or even some villain. What he did is unforgivable."

I didn't want to hear that either. I quickly tried to think of what Sombra could have done that was worse than Luna or Tirek or Chrysalis or Discord, but came up empty. I was tempted to ask, but felt like right then might not be the best moment.

“Enough, both of you,” Celestia broke in, a tone creeping into her voice. Even while she said that, she kept her eyes firmly placed on me. “As I said before, we will wait to see what the Elements of Harmony say. Until then, we will watch to see if he tries to flee or fight.”

The way she said it made it seem as though she wanted anything but to do that. She seemed like she wanted me to try and run so she could hurt me. I watched the show, and while Sombra was evil, I had no idea what he could have possibly done to make Celestia hate him more than Luna did, and even more than Cadance. Although she was supposed to be the most friendly pony in Equestria, she gave off an aura that made me shiver, one that made it seem like she wanted nothing more than to watch me suffer. It was a scary feeling to know my fate largely rested in her hooves.

There was obviously something I must have missed about the show. I knew Sombra enslaved the Crystal Empire, but didn’t Tirek steal ponies magic and try to rule Equestria? And yet, as far as I knew, I was the only pony in the whole show who was actively killed. Twice! There was something I’d done to make Celestia, who was supposed to be the friendliest pony in Equestria, radiate hate for me to the bone.

"This is ridiculous," Cadance said through gritted teeth as the three princesses stood ready to blast me at the first sign of me trying anything.

I couldn't immediately tell if it was a good thing or a bad thing, but just a few seconds later six more ponies and one dragon teleported into the room with us. Immediately I saw seven angry scowls at me, and quickly realized that this would be a bad thing.

I took another step back, afraid of what they might do. “Looks like ya weren’t kidding,” Applejack spoke. “It is him.”

“Well, we took care of him once, we can take care of him again!” Rainbow Dash said confidently.

“I know I look like Sombra,” I tried to tell them, “but I promise I’m not him.”

I received several more confused looks at that, but they only lasted a few seconds before turning back into scowls. “That’s ridiculous!” Twilight told us. “You expect us to believe that?”

Pinkie Pie squinted, starting, “For somepony who’s not Sombra, you sure do look a lot like him.”

“I know I look like him,” I tried to explain to them again, “but I’m not him!

“Let’s just get this over with, Twilight,” Applejack said, dismissing me. “Ah ain’t got time ta deal with a lyin’ monster.”

“What!” I said, completely shocked by her reaction to my statement. “You’re supposed to be able to tell that I’m not lying!”

“Just cause a pony sounds truthful don’t mean that they’re bein’ truthful.”

Of course they didn’t believe me. I wouldn’t have believed me if I were them. This was probably the worst circumstance I could possibly find myself in.

“Alright girls,” Twilight said aloud. “We know what to do!”

“Please don’t do that!” I asked as I tried to take another step back, hitting a wall as the six got closer together. I knew what they were gearing up to do. “That’s gonna hurt me!”

“It’s no different than when you hurt the Crystal Empire. Besides, if you’re not Sombra, and you’re not evil, then the Elements won’t hurt you,” Twilight told me dismissively.

I wasn’t Sombra and I wasn’t evil, but I really didn’t want to test that theory out.

“Look!” I said, starting to lay down. “I surrender! I’m not resisting! Just don’t hurt me! I’m not Sombra!

“Ready guys?” Twilight asked the group.

“Let’s do this!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

What was happening? I was supposed to be in the most friendly place in the universe! And yet, all of the ponies who were the leaders of Equestria and were supposed to represent friendship immediately wanted to kill me without a second thought! Even Luna, who said she might believe me, didn’t seem too concerned with what was about to happen to me.

I closed my eyes, put my hooves on my head, and tensed up, preparing for the worst, hoping that when this happened I would just wake up at my desk at work.