• Published 9th Mar 2020
  • 21,534 Views, 1,728 Comments

I Am Not Sombra - Boopy Doopy



But I am in his body. And nobody seems to believe me about it...

  • ...
140
 1,728
 21,534

(4-2) I Take Part In A Meeting

The next few days were both dull and agonizing. Except for the one other time Fluttershy visited me, explaining that she'd spoken with Discord and her friends about me, and when Luna brought me food in the evening and morning, all there was to do was stare out the window and pace back and forth. It made me anxious knowing that there was nothing I could do but wait for Luna or Fluttershy, that my fate was largely out of my control.

I occasionally tried using Sombra’s magic to do something, but was unsuccessful, and didn’t bother asking the princess how to use it. I didn’t think she would help, and wasn’t planning on staying here that long anyway. Besides, I already knew what Celestia would think of my trying, and was trying to keep her reasons for wanting to hurt me to a minimum.

Eventually, though, after days of lying around and waiting for something to happen, I got another visit from Celestia herself. I quickly sat up from where I was sitting as she entered, waiting expectantly for what she was going to tell me. However, she remained silent, opting instead to wrap her magic around me and tug me in the direction she wanted me to go in. I was tempted to ask where we were headed, but opted to follow silently, figuring I’d find out soon enough.

Before I knew it, I was in the large dining hall of the castle that I recognized from the show, seeing it filled with the same ponies who first saw me, all sitting silently, the only new face to the group being Discord. The white-coated princess directed me to a seat at the head of the table, and took a seat next to me.

“Now,” she started, gathering everyone’s attention, “I would just like to start off by offering my sincerest apologies to you all. The way I’ve acted previously was uncalled for, and I would like to take the time to say how truly sorry I am to make you all feel the way you’ve felt because of me. As the co-ruler of Equestria, I should have acted better.” She then turned to me, and changed her expression from a sad one to one that was hard, making sure I knew full well just how much of an act she was putting up. “And most of all,” she said, keeping her apologetic tone despite the look she gave, “I’d like to apologize to you, Alex, for acting so irrationally earlier. I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me.”

She was lying, but I wasn’t going to call her out on it. I needed her help, or to at least let them help me, and calling her out in front of everybody would be the worst possible thing I could do. Besides, I didn’t really care that much. Eventually, I’d be gone and wouldn’t care about how much of a liar she was. Although, I did notice Luna, the only other pony who could see her look, sending a look of her own Celestia’s way. However, before she could say anything, Twilight interjected.

“Um, I- I’d like to apologize to you, too,” she told me nervously, which was something I wasn’t expecting. “Um, what we did- I mean, what I did, or… wanted to do… um…” She seemed like she couldn't find the words to say to me.

“It’s fine,” I told her, not wanting to go through the Princess of Friendship’s apology and hear her tell some lesson she learned from this. “I won’t care once you find a way for me to leave.”

“On that note,” Luna started, “has anypony found a solution to this problem? I, myself, cannot say that I’ve had any success in my search for an answer.”

“We could always use the Elements or the Crystal Heart on him,” Cadance muttered, rolling her eyes. In response, she received a glare from Luna, Fluttershy, and I. She quickly apologized, and said, “I haven’t found anything.”

“You probably haven’t been looking,” I thought silently.

“What about you, Discord?” the yellow mare asked. “Have you found something you can do?”

“Sadly, no. As much as I hate the chaos he’s been causing, there’s nothing I’d be able to do about him. I know. It's shocking to me as well. On a side note, have you really changed your mind about ruling over Equestria because of this creature, Twilight?” There were several gasps at that, and I, myself, was surprised at that news. “Oh," he said, covering his mouth with a paw in fake surprise. "That was meant to be a secret, wasn’t it? I’m dreadfully sorry.”

“You’re not gonna be princess of Equestria, Twilight?” Applejack asked her friend, completely shocked. “Why in tarnation not?”.

“Well, I- I just… don’t want to have to make those kinds of choices,” she told them, looking upset. “Especially after what I almost did.”

“Twilight, we talked about this. We all had a hoof in the decision.”

“But I should’ve been better,” she responded, looking like she wanted to cry. "I could have hurt him."

Yes. She should have been better. I was just as angry at her right then as she was upset. Still, I saw an opportunity to use this to my advantage. “Don’t stop because of me,” I told her. All of the eyes in the room looked my way, and I continued. “As much as I hate what you were going to do, don’t let that stop you from ruling Equestria. The fact that you can recognize your mistakes means that you’ll be an excellent ruler.”

The main goal of what I said was to take away any doubt the six might have still had about me not being Sombra, seeing as Sombra would never tell her something like that. The second goal was to subconsciously put doubt in their minds about a certain alicorn princess, just in case she decided to become unreasonable again.

The Princess of Friendship sniffed at that, simply saying, “Okay.”

“Let us get back to the purpose of this meeting,” Luna told us. “Has nopony found any solution yet to this creature’s being here?” All she received from the group was stares, and I rolled my eyes. I honestly didn't think most of them, save a certain yellow mare, were trying that hard to help me. “Well, from this moment forward, I want you all to work diligently on this creature's problem.”

“What if there’s no way to get me back?” I asked her. “I mean, if Discord can’t do anything, then I think it’ll take a long time to find a way.”

“I thought of that, too,” Fluttershy agreed. “What if it takes too long?”

“In that case, he will just have to get used to being here,” Celestia broke in.

That wasn’t what I wanted to hear, especially not from Celestia. “Uh, I’d rather not have to get used to everybody hating me.”

“Oh, it won’t be so bad,” Fluttershy told me. “We’ll make sure everypony knows you’re not the horrible monster you look like.”

“That’s all well and good, but I don’t want to be here. I have my own life, and I really don’t want to give that up.”

“Oh, don’t worry Alex,” she continued. “That's just in case we can't find something soon. We’ll do everything we can to get you back home. Right guys?” She and I looked to her friends, and I watched them as they nodded, a couple of them hesitant. They weren't going to be trying as hard as they could've from what I was seeing. Sill, she turned back to me with a positive look on her face. “See? We’re going to help you, and knowing Twilight, it won’t be too long that you have to wait.”

I sighed, putting my chin on the table. “I guess I’ll have to trust you on that.”

“We will all do our part, Alex,” Luna told me, then turned. “Twilight, once we are done here, I would like you to start lo-”

“CADANCE!” Shining Armor screamed, suddenly teleporting into the room, making everyone jump. “Chrysalis is back! And she took the Crystal Heart!”

I immediately felt multiple pairs of eyes look directly at me, as though they were expecting this. "I'll be right there," I heard Cadance say.

"I will be going with you as well," Luna told her, standing up from her spot at the table.

"Hold on!" I shouted at her. "I don't want to be left alone here with them!"

"I understand your concern," she told me quickly, "but for the time being, nothing shall happen to you, lest they feel my wrath. I will only be a minute."

I tensed up at that. That was a horrible idea. I didn't want to be left alone with her sister. However, before I could protest, the three had already teleported away, leaving me with Celestia and six ponies I knew she could convince into doing whatever she wanted.