• Published 9th Mar 2020
  • 21,545 Views, 1,728 Comments

I Am Not Sombra - Boopy Doopy



But I am in his body. And nobody seems to believe me about it...

  • ...
140
 1,728
 21,545

(1-1) But I Am In His Body

“This probably won’t end well for me,” I thought fearfully, taking a good look at myself as Twilight Sparkle stood gawking at me.

I was a pony. A pony with a gray coat and black mane, who seemed to be wearing a red cape. One who was stuck in a room with statues that looked a lot like me. One who stood nervously in front of the Princess of Friendship, the very pony who defeated Sombra. The pony who I now was.

The princess took a step back, and quickly made her way out of the room, sounding like she was going up a set of stairs. “Cadance!” she yelled. “Call Celestia and Luna!”

“This is bad,” I thought. “This is really, really bad.” I did not want to be Sombra. I wanted anything but. They killed him twice! I didn’t think they’d have any reservations about making it a third time. They might even use the old saying “the third time’s the charm”. I did not want it to be the charm. I did not want to be killed.

I heard a set of hoofsteps descending down to meet me. “I have to get out of here,” I thought frantically. Not that I knew how. I had no idea where I would go. Even if I did, it would only have been a matter of time before one of the princesses found me. So I stayed frozen where I was, seeing that it was my only real option. A few seconds later, Princess Cadance was down in the room with me, an angry and hateful expression painted on her face. If looks could kill, I’d have been dead right then and there.

“Well, well, well,” Cadance spat, “look who it is. You again.”

I took a step backward away from her. She looked like she wanted to end me herself, and I didn’t think the princesses would be troubled if she did so. “Please don’t hurt me,” I got out, a quiver in my voice.

She had the slightest bit of confusion on her face, like she wasn’t expecting that from me. That was good. That meant she might hold off killing me for a second at least.

“And why shouldn’t I?” she asked me through clenched teeth.

I stood staring at her, and I could feel myself becoming panicked, my breathing becoming faster. How did I end up in this situation? Not fifteen seconds ago, I was sitting at my desk, working. And now I was in Sombra’s body, standing terrified in front of a princess who I was sure wanted to kill me. One who could do so at any second.

“Well?” she asked, standing and waiting for my response.

I swallowed, starting, “I know how this looks, but I’m not Sombra.”

She took another step forward, and I took another step back. “Then who was it that enslaved the Crystal Empire and destroyed the Tree of Harmony?” she asked angrily. "Who was it that let the Crystal Empire vanish for a thousand years?"

“I- I know how this looks,” I told her again nervously, “but I’m not him. I don’t know how I ended up in his-”

Before I could finish, the other three princesses teleported into the room next to Cadance.

“What is he doing back here?” Celestia asked, seeming even more angry than Cadance, but somehow keeping a level voice.

“He claims he’s not Sombra,” Cadance explained.

“And he expects us to believe him?”

“Well if he’s not, he sure does look like him.”

“He does seem quite fearful of us.”

“And he should be.”

“What are we going to do with him?”

This was very bad. They didn’t believe me. Not that it was surprising. I wouldn’t have believed me if I were them. I almost didn’t believe that I was Sombra, either. I almost wanted to say that I’d just dozed off at work and was having a weird dream. A really weird dream that felt as real as possible.

“Twilight,” Celestia spoke, “go gather your friends. The three of us will hold him here.”

“I’m on it!” she told her seriously, running back up the stairs.

I felt myself tense up, my breathing becoming even faster. I was going to die. I was going to die. I knew there was nothing I was going to be able to do to convince them that I wasn’t Sombra. They weren’t going to hear it, and instead opt to gather the Mane Six and kill me without a second thought.

“Well,” Celestia asked, almost sarcastically, “since you’re not Sombra, tell us, what’s your next move?”

I knew what that was. My next move was to try and wake up. I had to assume that this was a dream. People didn't just randomly turn into ponies. They watched as I raised my leg and gently bit myself just above my hoof. When nothing happened, I bit a little bit harder. Then much harder. So hard that I bled. Nothing came of it except three slightly confused looks.

“What are you doing?” Luna asked.

"Trying to wake myself up," I told her in a shaky voice, seeing that I wasn't waking up.

She looked to her sister for an explanation. “It might be some sort of spell involving dark magic,” Celestia told her. “I’ve heard of some that require blood to activate.”

“Well, let’s make sure he doesn’t try to use anything,” Cadance said, taking another step forward, her horn lighting up.

I’m not Sombra!” I told them desperately. “Please believe me! Give me a chance to prove it!” I knew I had to convince them right then that I wasn’t Sombra, or at least put enough doubt in their minds so they wouldn’t hurt me.

I watched as she positioned her back hooves a bit farther behind her, taking aim at me to hurt me. I couldn’t blame her. Sombra had enslaved thousands of ponies and tried to take over the Crystal Empire three times. The only problem was that I wasn’t him.

“Please!” I begged them. “Don’t do this!”

“Can I?” Cadance asked Celestia.

“Go ahead,” she told her, emotionless.

I watched as a beam of magic came flying towards me. “AH! I SURRENDER!” I screamed, closing my eyes and flinching, putting a hoof up to protect me in a moment of complete panic.

I expected pain to come the next moment, but nothing happened. I kept my eyes closed a few seconds longer, waiting for something to happen, then carefully opened them, both silently thankful and confused to see a forcefield protecting me.

“What’s the meaning of this, Luna?” Celestia asked in an even tone, keeping her eyes on me.

“He has given me an inkling of doubt.”

“He’s obviously lying to us,” Cadance told her, “trying to use the opportunity to take over the Crystal Empire again.”

“Maybe so,” she continued, “But I have never thought of Sombra as the type to surrender so quickly. Have you ever seen him give up without a fight?”

“He's trying to trick us. He saw what happened the last two times, and will obviously do anything to take what he thinks is his.”

“And I believe such. Still yet, he’s given me a sliver of doubt, and I cannot in good conscious allow him to be slain just yet.”

“He was killed twice! He should already have been slain! This time, I’m going to make sure it’s for good!”

“I cannot recommend you do that.”

“So what? Because he's making you doubt yourself we should forgive him? We should let him roam free?”

"I'm not suggesting that. I simply think we should investigate his claim. I've seen such things as he suggests happen before to other ponies."

"What do you think Celestia?"

I watched Princess Luna look to her sister, who stared at me expressionlessly. “It is up to you, Celestia. If you truly believe it should be done, I will not stop her again.”

Celestia looked like she wanted to say yes. Although her face was expressionless, I could tell she wanted me dead, and wanted to give the order. She seemed like she didn’t believe me in the slightest. The only thing causing her to falter was Luna.

I breathed hard, my muscles still tense as I waited for her answer. I was desperately hoping that she would hold off, but it seemed like she was edging towards the go-ahead.

After what felt like years, Celestia finally spoke. “Let's wait for the Elements of Harmony to see what they have to say.”

Author's Note:

This story is just a random idea that popped into my head after reading some Sombra comics.

Yes, this is another HiE story. I'm sorry. It's just what I like to read and write about.