• Published 7th Mar 2020
  • 5,934 Views, 89 Comments

Daybreaker steals Twilight - SamSwordsman123



Daybreaker returns and steals Twilight Sparkle from her parents. Its up to Twilight's friends and family to save her.

  • ...
8
 89
 5,934

Chapter Six End of Daybreaker

Daybreaker made her way into the restricted section of the Canterlot Archives, carrying baby Twilight with her. She walked up to a torch sconce and turned it with her magic, caused the wall between two bookshelves to slide down and reveal a hidden room. Entering it, Daybreaker saw the many magical artifacts that she had collected as Celestia. Both because they were dangerous in the wrong hooves, but she cold make use of them.

Daybreaker looked over them until she found the one she was looking for. The Memory Medallion. Put this around the neck of any pony for an hour, and all of their memories would be erased… forever. With this, Daybreaker would erase all knowledge of Twilight’s previous life as the daughter of Twilight Velvet and Night Light. She would raise her anew, as her own daughter.

Daybreaker began to laugh, levitating Twilight out in front of her and placing her on a table nearby, she then took a key from the wall and opened the case containing the medallion. Levitating it out, she wrapped the chain around baby Twilight’s little neck as Twilight cooed. The sapphire in the center of the medallion glowed as it began the process of wiping Twilight’s mind. Twilight’s eyes glowed blue as well and she seemed to zone out in a way similar to how Shining Armor had been when under Chrysalis’s control at the wedding.

“Soon, you will be MINE! Forever!” Daybreaker grinned down at her daughter to be.

“I think not, sister!” a voice stated from behind.

Daybreaker turned and saw Luna standing there in the entrance to the hidden room.

“Back already from the dream world?” she asked. “Well, saves me having to wait for my chance to destroy you.”

Luna assumed a battle stance. Causing Daybreaker to laugh as she recalled the last time they had come face to face like this.

“Going to actually fight me this time little sister? Not going to simply stand down and let me destroy you?”

“Yes, this time I will fight you. To protect Twilight Sparkle!” Luna stated. “I will not let you take her from her family.”

Daybreaker growled. “She will be more family to me than you ever will be! Once I get rid of you, and raise her, she will have both the moon and the stars!”

It would have been fitting for Twilight to rule the stars, given her cutie mark. But Luna would not have that.

“The night is mine! Mine alone!”

Her fur turned slightly darker in response to her anger. But she shook her head, she would not become Nightmare Moon again.

“Distracted by your darkness sister?” Daybreaker asked. “Well you better keep your mind in the fight if you want to live!”

She prepared to fire her horn

….

Cloaked by an invisibility spell, Cadence walked down to the Canterlot dungeons, sneaking past the guards. Their red eyes caused her to shiver, fortunately they did not see her. She managed to make it to Shining Armor’s cell and saw her love inside.

“Shiney!” she called softly, hoping he would hear but the guards stationed nearby wouldnt. “Shiney, its me Cadence!”

“Cadence?” he asked, a little too loudly.

“Shh!”

Cadence looked back at the guards. Their expressions had not changed, they did not move. But she noticed that they held the keys to the cells. She needed to get them! Or undo the spells on those two at least, then they could release the prisoners.

She looked back at Shining Armor who was looking at in the direction she was, though he couldn’t see her of course.

“I’m going to get you and the others out, just hang on!” she said.

She crept over on her stomach, trying to avoid making noise with her hooves should it alert the guards and result in her captured. Thoughts of how the Changeling Queen had taken her into the tunnels caused her to shiver as her mind wandered back to that. Somehow she got directly behind them, then quietly opened saddlebag she had on her back, took out the book Luna had given her, opened it to the marked page and performed the freeing spell.

The jailors shook their heads.

“What happened?” they asked.

“You were put under a spell,” Cadence explained. “Please free these ponies!”

The guards didn’t question her orders and immediately used the keys to free the ponies and dragon. Shining Armor hugged Cadence, then looked at his parents who were still unconscious.

“Mom, Dad!” he said approaching them.

Twilight Velvet opened her eyes. Daybreaker’s assault had left her badly burned, she couldn’t move. She grunted.

“Shining, please. You have to save Twilight!”

Shining nuzzled his mother. “I will Mom. I won’t fail Twilight again.”

“But how are we going to stop Daybreaker?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“The elements of harmony!” Cadence said. “They worked for Luna, they’ll work for Celestia as well!”

“Go,” Twilight Velvet said.

Shining nodded, then looked at the jailors. “Please take care of them.”

He then ran with Cadence, Spike and Mane 5.

“Luna guessed that Daybreaker is going to use the Memory Medallion on Twilight to erase all her memories!” Cadence said as they ran. That’s stored in the hidden room in the archives where Celestia keeps forbidden artifacts!”

“We best get those elements and get to Daybreaker before she uses that,” Applejack said.

“Its okay, we still have time.” Cadence assured them. “The medallion takes an hour to erase all the memories forever.”

“One problem, we got the entire royal guard to deal with again!” Rainbow Dash said as they exited the prison, only to meet a platoon guards.

“Oh dear, I do not want to be thrown back in that awful cell!” Rarity said. “I swear I saw rat droppings!”

The guards began to approach them. Cadence looked at Shining Armor.

“Do your shield again, quickly!” she said, bringing magic to her horn.

Looking at his love, Shining Armor smiled. He brought magic to his own horn and put it on hers. The mind freeing spell mixed with his shield spell which he spread across all of Canterlot in an instant just as he had during the changeling invasion. The red eyes turned back to normal on the guards.

“That takes care of that, now lets get those elements, and put Daybreaker out!” Rainbow said.

With the guards out of the way, getting to the door of the elements was easy. But-

“Come on, open up!” Rainbow Dash said as they got to the chamber with the gold exterior contain the chest with the elements.

“One problem there darling,” Rarity said, recalling the last time they’d been here. “Princess Celestia herself said that only she can break the spell protecting this chamber.”

“Ah come on!” Rainbow said. “We need you elements!”

“They’re not just gonna come out ya know,” Applejack told the Pegasus.

Suddenly the doors to the chamber glowed, causing the cowgirl pony to widen her eyes before they opened.

“Or maybe they are.”

“Looks like the elements could hear us when we needed them!” Pinkie said, bouncing.

Rarity levitated each element on to necks of herself and the others while taking the tiara bearing Twilight’s element in her magic. They then went to the archives section, finding Luna waging a defensive retreat as Daybreaker threw beams of magic at her sister’s shield. Luna had been hit several times, refusing to harm her sister, her coat slightly singed. She didn’t have the strength to keep this up for much longer.

Entering the hidden room, Shining Armor spotted Twilight with the Memory Medallion on her. He quickly picked his baby sister up with his magic and removed the medallion from, praying she still remembered him and everypony else.

“How do we turn her back?” he asked, looking at Cadence. “Can you do it?”

Cadence shook her head. “I maybe an alicorn, but my magic’s honestly not the highest level. I don’t know a spell to reverse this!”

“Well, guess we best try the elements. They’ve never failed us before!” Applejack suggested.

Rarity put the tiara on baby Twilight’s head. They then shot beams at her, and suddenly a fully grown unicorn was in the place of the baby.

“Uh- what happened?” Twilight asked.

Applejack approached Twilight. “You haven’t forgotten us have you Sugarcube?”

Twilight looked at Applejack in confusion. “How could I ever forget you guys? But, what am I doing in the archives of Canterlot?”

“No time to explain! We got to use the elements on Daybreaker!” Rainbow Dash said.

“Who?” Twilight asked.

Apparently the Memory Medallion had taken some of the most recent memories away.

“Princess Celestia turned into a dark alicorn like Luna did!” Fluttershy told Twilight. “We need to use the elements to turn her back.”

That got Twilight’s attention. Her face turned into a determined look.

“Where is she?”

They lead her back to where Luna was still holding Daybreaker off. Just in time to see Luna get hit by a blast of red magic. Daybreaker than pinned her sister to the floor, about to finish her off.

“Princess Celestia, stop!” Twilight called out.

Daybreaker looked over in their direction.

“No! How dare you steal my daughter from me!”

“She’s not your daughter! No matter how much you might want her to be!” Applejack said, putting herself in front of Twilight who was still a bit confused. “Now, we’re going to give you what for!”

The elements activated, Twilight and her friends levitated into the air, she felt a little guilty knowing she was using them on Princess Celestia, but knew it was the only way to get her back. White light filled the archives and a rainbow laser shot at Daybreaker.

“Noooo!”

When the light emerged, Daybreaker was gone. Princess Celestia lay there on the ground as Luna looked up. Seeing her sister back to normal brought a smile to her face. She then walked and embraced Celestia who looked up sadly.

“I’m sorry little sister,” Celestia said.

“Its alright big sister. Its over now. Daybreaker should be sealed away for good since the elements were used this time,” Luna told her.

Seeing Celestia apologize caused Applejack to remember why they had come to Twilight’s house tonight in the first place.

“Hey, Twi. I know you’re probably tired of hearing this… but we’re still really sorry for what we did at the wedding rehearsal.”

Twilight frowned. “What wedding rehearsal?”

Author's Note:

: So the Daybreaker fiasco is over. But Twilight’s lost some of her memory. How much you might ask? Well, that will probably be another story that will come out some time.

Comments ( 25 )

Yikes, Twilight lost her memory.

Oh dear. Twilight lost some of her memory. That's not good.

nice work

In the next story, how about Twilight’s friends try to not tell Twilight about the wedding rehearsal? Also, Celestia get sent to prison because ponies start questioning about her ruling of the kingdom.

It's going to be a knife to Shining's heart if Twilight forgot him. :fluttercry:

10153814
Uh how about no as she's not perfect while yes she did almost loose her kingdom that's not a reason to imprison her.

OMG thank you for doing chapter 6!♥️♥️♥️

I hope there's one more sequel. Wonder how twilight will handle everything.

10154317
Yeah there will be. But I have to wait for a while. Very behind on my Luster Dawn Story.

10154321
That's another one I love. But don't forget this I'll be waiting for both.

10154333
Okay. I'm gonna try and get a few chapters done on Friendship Successor before I do the third Daybreaker in A Canterlot Wedding story.

Sorry way too fast paced.

10154470
Rushed too much huh? Guess I need to work on being a bit more patient and always going over my stuff first. That was the same problem last time.

10154611
Yeah. Just take this part of the story. You could have the Celestia master chess player in play with Daybreaker. Looking like Celestia but slowly going to her goal. Nudging Twilight to she her as her mother. Instead of all of this happening in less then a day it could be months or years. There is a really good story in here. Just needs time and a better pace.

10154657
Well I appreciate the advice nonetheless. We all have room to grow.

10154694
True. Pm me any time you need a sounding board.

JWR

So, when can we expect a follow up?

10184482
Currently working on my Luster Dawn story, but maybe once I get another chapter done there and modify Passing On Together which I'm trying to get on Equestria Daily. Maybe I'll start the third and final installment next week.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Twilight's friends really did have community service after what happened, but happened afterwards. In my opinion they kinda brought it on themselves for not siding with Twilight. She was only looking out for her B.B.B.F.F. Yes, maybe she could've done things a different way, but she felt like no one was listening to her... and they really weren't. Also, they're suppose to stand by her side. It's like they forgot what almost happened to Twilight During Lesson Zero. Hey, we all have our own opinions, and Twilight Sparkle is my fav pony of the group, so I stand by her side.

Hey! Maybe you should make an alternate version where that amulet wiped out more then the others thought. Like, the amulet takes all memories of those who left her(her brother, friends & mentor), including the good memories, making her forget them all.... except for Cadance, Luna and her parents? And they're all trying to get her to remember them.

Not bad... I wonder how could be a bad ending version when they arrive too late or something happen and Daybreaker win

10250534
Someone is planning that actually. Check the very first comment on the sequel.

That’s stored in the hidden room in the archives where Celestia keeps forbidden artifacts!”

You forgot to add the " at the beginning other than that good story.

Twilight frowned. “What wedding rehearsal?”

Well crap.

Login or register to comment